2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Really do not think in terms of "gaps" with long fairway woods. Typically trying to maximize distance with a straight ball flight. Realistically, if I'm 190 out, I'm not going to fly to many greens with a fairway implement.

I've abandoned using a 3 wood (15*). The results have become to inconsistent, not elevating the ball as I once did, the trajectory can become slicey if I'm not careful. For every good shot I hit with one, just as likely to hit a poor one. Do not sacrifice that much distance in the absolute by utilizing a 5 wood (18*). With increased consistency for getting the ball up and away from virtually any lie. Also believe the shorter club length (play the 5W at 42") helps in achieving more consistent ball strikes. Have had a 7 wood (21*) in the bag forever, a 170'ish club these days. Then a 9 wood (24*), which flies just like a hybrid of similar loft I had utilized before. All are V-Steels. I hit them quite well, so do not really see the need for introducing a hybrid into the mix. Visually I like the look at setup of a larger head, although I wouldn't call them large comparatively to other fairways I've seen and played. TM really got the sole design "right" with the V's, what makes them versatile from different lies and the mass low helps elevate the ball.

No idea why Markdown decided to Italicize some text. Or leave off the * for degrees.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

>

> Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

You are correct about the many ways Stu,

A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

>

> Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

I do the old style bump and run too with my 8 iron. Sometimes I think if you just get a feel for a club you can almost think it to where you want it to stop, and of course when it's running is a whole lot different than a wedge and short run, or a spinning wedge. My 8 is the one I get that feel for. That's another thing I was gonna say earlier about my 7 wood, I've used it around the green when you have that thicker grass situation just off the green and you want to slide it out smoothly with some green to play with and run it. I don't want an iron to catch when that 7 wood can just glide nicely. I just grip down some and glide a nice low slow steady swing through the ball.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

> >

> > Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

>

> You are correct about the many ways Stu,

> A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

80, I love it, what a game golf is...

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > > > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

> > >

> > > Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

> >

> > You are correct about the many ways Stu,

> > A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

> 80, I love it, what a game golf is...

>

Yeah he's in great shape. He can still drive it 200 plus. If he plays from the gold tees, not many of us hitting from the tips can keep up with his drives. Have not seen him at the course yet this year, but hope he'll still show up for our noon game every now and then.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Never been a good wood player, removed them from the bag a while ago and never missed them, mainly use a 4 hybrid. Nearly always gives good results except when the head drops off on the backswing.

>

> LMAO. Rumor has it they're a little harder to hit until the head is glued-in. But don't listen to me. I'm the same guy who once assembled a new weed-whacker in the house seated in a chair -- and shattered a fan light fixture the second I stood up with it. Tough to blame the dog when it comes to ceiling fixtures.

>

> OOPS!

My silliest Woods was when I purchased a sea fishing rod, at home I tried the flex and it snapped. Took it back and after a heated exchange had it replaced. Back home DW switched on the ceiling fan and I stepped under it with my new recently changed rod only to see the fan neatly take off the end.

Repaired and using it at night of a jetty, had a bite and the rod bent so hard I knew it was a good fish, too good apparently as the rod dissapeared over the fence, gone for good.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > > > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

> > >

> > > Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

> >

> > You are correct about the many ways Stu,

> > A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

> 80, I love it, what a game golf is...

>

Saying it that way makes it seem bloody old, my 77th in just over a week.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Available wedge lofts here shorter than 9 iron:

Of those, the 60 spends about as much time at home as in the bag. Here's why: As an OGA member I don't really care, but with irons 3 - 9, Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal, and a putter... that 4th wedges not only takes me over the limit but also makes the bag heavy/full. Hate forcing the grips in/out of such tight quarters. Also, given the option, I'll flight pitches down versus flopping them high (when possible).

Ergo less demand for that 4th wedge. There are certain tracks around here where having the 60 handy is a must. Guess I don't frequent those courses as much.

Edit: When the 60 does travel, the 3 iron stays. Not bragging cause I'm fully capable of bad shots with any club, but long irons and me generally seem to get along with each other. I fully appreciate they're not most folks favorite. Don't know why but a long iron doesn't bug me so much. Goofy game.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> Available wedge lofts here shorter than 9 iron:

> - 48

> - 52

> - 56

> - 60

>

> Of those, the 60 spends about as much time at home as in the bag. Here's why: As an OGA member I don't really care, but with irons 3 - 9, Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal, and a putter... that 4th wedges not only takes me over the limit but also makes the bag heavy/full. Hate forcing the grips in/out of such tight quarters. Also, given the option, I'll flight pitches down versus flopping them high (when possible).

>

> Ergo less demand for that 4th wedge. There are certain tracks around here where having the 60 handy is a must. Guess I don't frequent those courses as much.

>

> Edit: When the 60 does travel, the 3 iron stays. Not bragging cause I'm fully capable of bad shots with any club, but long irons and me generally seem to get along with each other. I fully appreciate they're not most folks favorite. Don't know why but a long iron doesn't bug me so much. Goofy game.

I still remember that Mac 3 iron I hit to reach a par 5 green in 2 when I was

playing with MC.......but the next hole (long par 3) I hit that 3 iron in the water.

Fickle club for me........that's why I'm going with hybrids this year.

But boy does it feel good when you nut a 3 iron.............

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

When Scotee and I were on the range before we played he pulled out his old Eye2

1 iron and said here, hit this. I proceeded to hit it fat; it went maybe 100 yards. I

handed it back to him and he said "ya, but you hit it straight". True dat. I can hit

long irons straight; just not flush, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> When Scotee and I were on the range before we played he pulled out his old Eye2

> 1 iron and said here, hit this. I proceeded to hit it fat; it went maybe 100 yards. I

> handed it back to him and he said "ya, but you hit it straight". True dat. I can hit

> long irons straight; just not flush, lol.

LMAO! They sure ain't for everybody my old bud. You're in that rarefied air on Wrx having played golf with other Grillesters. Very unique. Very special in fact.

So I was perusing tunes this eve and here's a few I wore the grooves out on back in the day. Enjoy

• Like 2

Good mix of music Reason, great taste shown by the Grille.

D W planted a banana 18 months ago, we have been busy recently so have not checked it out for a while, sitting in the garden today watching the boys working, ( son and myself) and she spotted this.

cx3hlgpa4gen.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > Available wedge lofts here shorter than 9 iron:

> > - 48

> > - 52

> > - 56

> > - 60

> >

> > Of those, the 60 spends about as much time at home as in the bag. Here's why: As an OGA member I don't really care, but with irons 3 - 9, Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal, and a putter... that 4th wedges not only takes me over the limit but also makes the bag heavy/full. Hate forcing the grips in/out of such tight quarters. Also, given the option, I'll flight pitches down versus flopping them high (when possible).

> >

> > Ergo less demand for that 4th wedge. There are certain tracks around here where having the 60 handy is a must. Guess I don't frequent those courses as much.

> >

> > Edit: When the 60 does travel, the 3 iron stays. Not bragging cause I'm fully capable of bad shots with any club, but long irons and me generally seem to get along with each other. I fully appreciate they're not most folks favorite. Don't know why but a long iron doesn't bug me so much. Goofy game.

>

> I still remember that Mac 3 iron I hit to reach a par 5 green in 2 when I was

> playing with MC.......but the next hole (long par 3) I hit that 3 iron in the water.

> Fickle club for me........that's why I'm going with hybrids this year.

>

> But boy does it feel good when you nut a 3 iron.............

Teeheehee I never said long irons were easy to hit. I will admit I do not hit them as well as I used to. I did manage to play 9 yesterday between the wind and water. I hit the 3 iron on the second hole which is SOP for me and nutted it > Trust me that Kyoei forged KZG felt great! Got up with some guys on #4 because the course backed up some due to being CPO. Hey they were younger so I went back to the blues with them. Proud to say this old man held his own with them and they were pretty decent players too. Anyhow our 8th hole is a tough par 3 202 from the back especially in the wind and up the hill. Half arsed hit that same 3 iron but sorta got away with it. That shot would have been ugly ugly with a Mac or Hogan blade 3 iron. That hole was a catch 22 yesterday. That green is exposed and had already dried out with all the wind. I did manage to bump and run the PW and get a par. The young ones tried to fly the ball in and hold the green and all of them went over. The really one good player did manage to get it up and down for a par

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > > > > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

> > > >

> > > > Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

> > >

> > > You are correct about the many ways Stu,

> > > A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

> > 80, I love it, what a game golf is...

> >

> Saying it that way makes it seem bloody old, my 77th in just over a week.

>

With you, 77 is the new 47... :)

• Like 2

I think I've posted this up before. Blame Reasy...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDEfIxWEID0]

[Added] I won't be held responsible for any seizures the video may cause. I've got it playing on another tab rather than watching it... :confused:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > > > > The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> > > > > > At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

> > > > >

> > > > > Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

> > > >

> > > > You are correct about the many ways Stu,

> > > > A guy who is 80, and still plays some in our noon game put on a chipping clinic for me last year. He uses a 7 iron through May, then switches to a 8 in June when the greens get firmer. His formula was" land the ball 1/3 of the way to the hole, and you'll roll out to one putt range". He knows the course well I guess, I've seen him do it many times. I still stick with the 56, but may test out his technique when time allows.

> > > 80, I love it, what a game golf is...

> > >

> > Saying it that way makes it seem bloody old, my 77th in just over a week.

> >

> With you, 77 is the new 47... :)

>

Thank you. ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > Available wedge lofts here shorter than 9 iron:

> > - 48

> > - 52

> > - 56

> > - 60

> >

> > Of those, the 60 spends about as much time at home as in the bag. Here's why: As an OGA member I don't really care, but with irons 3 - 9, Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal, and a putter... that 4th wedges not only takes me over the limit but also makes the bag heavy/full. Hate forcing the grips in/out of such tight quarters. Also, given the option, I'll flight pitches down versus flopping them high (when possible).

> >

> > Ergo less demand for that 4th wedge. There are certain tracks around here where having the 60 handy is a must. Guess I don't frequent those courses as much.

> >

> > Edit: When the 60 does travel, the 3 iron stays. Not bragging cause I'm fully capable of bad shots with any club, but long irons and me generally seem to get along with each other. I fully appreciate they're not most folks favorite. Don't know why but a long iron doesn't bug me so much. Goofy game.

>

> I still remember that Mac 3 iron I hit to reach a par 5 green in 2 when I was

> playing with MC.......but the next hole (long par 3) I hit that 3 iron in the water.

> Fickle club for me........that's why I'm going with hybrids this year.

>

> But boy does it feel good when you nut a 3 iron.............

Indeed it does! Man, it's been an age since I've hit a long iron in anger or any other state of mind for that matter. I doubt I've got the game for it anymore due to a lack of swing speed.

At this juncture I'll have to get my fix watching #1 son play as he is an excellent iron player. He bought a couple of TM Rescues a few years back and hooked those off the planet. I've got the 5 and his brother has the 4. They were supposed to be 3 and 4 iron replacements, but he always hit the irons much better. It's funny how he was hitting the hybrids 200+ on the sim at the big box store, but when he got them on the course they had a mind of their own!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Haven't golfed since Wednesday. A lot of rain, and Ginger to take care of, golf has been on hold. Hope to play tomorrow, Ginger should be back home tonight. Easter dinner at SILs today.

We went to the SILs yesterday for a cook out. Left Ginger alone for over 4 hours. When I went back to get her, she acted like she hadn't seen me for a year. Jumping and darting around, trying to kiss me, she glued herself to me all evening. Ginger doesn't like to be alone, just like Penny.

I saw Penny briefly when we came home. Gave her a treat, then got Ginger. Penny growled at Ginger when I walked her back to our place. Two ladies vying for my love and affection.

It's amazing how both dogs are very much alike, although their human parents are 180 degrees apart. Penny is more sedate and laid back, being 6 1/2 years old, and Ginger, 2+. Understandable, like 30 years age difference, in humans. Both equally sweet girls.

Happy Easter!

• Like 2

I'm speechless...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJHX5yaumA]

They once asked Eric Clapton what it was like to be the greatest guitar player alive. His response: _I don't know, you had better ask Prince._ Surely this dude is in the conversation too!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > Available wedge lofts here shorter than 9 iron:

> > > - 48

> > > - 52

> > > - 56

> > > - 60

> > >

> > > Of those, the 60 spends about as much time at home as in the bag. Here's why: As an OGA member I don't really care, but with irons 3 - 9, Driver, 3 metal, 5 metal, and a putter... that 4th wedges not only takes me over the limit but also makes the bag heavy/full. Hate forcing the grips in/out of such tight quarters. Also, given the option, I'll flight pitches down versus flopping them high (when possible).

> > >

> > > Ergo less demand for that 4th wedge. There are certain tracks around here where having the 60 handy is a must. Guess I don't frequent those courses as much.

> > >

> > > Edit: When the 60 does travel, the 3 iron stays. Not bragging cause I'm fully capable of bad shots with any club, but long irons and me generally seem to get along with each other. I fully appreciate they're not most folks favorite. Don't know why but a long iron doesn't bug me so much. Goofy game.

> >

> > I still remember that Mac 3 iron I hit to reach a par 5 green in 2 when I was

> > playing with MC.......but the next hole (long par 3) I hit that 3 iron in the water.

> > Fickle club for me........that's why I'm going with hybrids this year.

> >

> > But boy does it feel good when you nut a 3 iron.............

>

> Indeed it does! Man, it's been an age since I've hit a long iron in anger or any other state of mind for that matter. I doubt I've got the game for it anymore due to a lack of swing speed.

>

> At this juncture I'll have to get my fix watching #1 son play as he is an excellent iron player. He bought a couple of TM Rescues a few years back and hooked those off the planet. I've got the 5 and his brother has the 4. They were supposed to be 3 and 4 iron replacements, but he always hit the irons much better. It's funny how he was hitting the hybrids 200+ on the sim at the big box store, but when he got them on the course they had a mind of their own!

I can’t hit long irons, they don’t go far or straight, son purchased a driver but stopped using it as he could hit a 2 iron much further and straighter, when he played it was always the 2 iron off the tee.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Wriggles said:

> Haven't golfed since Wednesday. A lot of rain, and Ginger to take care of, golf has been on hold. Hope to play tomorrow, Ginger should be back home tonight. Easter dinner at SILs today.

> We went to the SILs yesterday for a cook out. Left Ginger alone for over 4 hours. When I went back to get her, she acted like she hadn't seen me for a year. Jumping and darting around, trying to kiss me, she glued herself to me all evening. Ginger doesn't like to be alone, just like Penny.

> I saw Penny briefly when we came home. Gave her a treat, then got Ginger. Penny growled at Ginger when I walked her back to our place. Two ladies vying for my love and affection.

> It's amazing how both dogs are very much alike, although their human parents are 180 degrees apart. Penny is more sedate and laid back, being 6 1/2 years old, and Ginger, 2+. Understandable, like 30 years age difference, in humans. Both equally sweet girls.

> Happy Easter!

>

It must be lovely being popular with the ladies. ♥️♥️

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> I'm speechless...

>

> [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJHX5yaumA]

>

> They once asked Eric Clapton what it was like to be the greatest guitar player alive. His response: _I don't know, you had better ask Prince._ Surely this dude is in the conversation too!

Kind of a Spanish guitar version of Sultans of Swing? I wonder if Mark Knopfler has heard this. He's a pretty good player as well.

Thanks sco, I enjoyed that.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> And happy Easter to all my buds in the Clubhouse Grille.

> ?

Happy Easter back at ya and to every Grillester.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Hi people,

Happy Easter Sunday. I haven't touched a golf club in a long time but my irons are the same loft and loft progession they were in 1999. Good enough for Tiger Woods, good enough for me.

Be well.

• Like 2
Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)