2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Tornado watch here tonight and likely heading toward Stu and Reasy tomorrow. Cobi and I

> were just outside securing things. At a minimum we'll be getting some severe T'Storms.

>

> Love spring, lol.

On it's way. Tornado warnings unti 5 PM. So far so good. Hope you dodged the bullet.

• Like 1

> @scotee said:

> It is such a frightening thing to have your love in the hospital. We went through it with daughter #3. Mrs. scotee had bleeding early in her pregnancy and ended up in bed rest for 3 months and had to travel to Portland Ore.to be near a neonatal ICU. She gave birth to a 2 pound baby at just 26 weeks. It was touch and go. Baby lost her sight in one eye and was in the hospital for 3 months. She was 5 pounds when we brought her home and was too weak to suck. We had to tube feed her for awhile. She is all grown up now and has 2 kids of her own.

>

> One more song for Mr. and Mrs. Bill. That distance from home to the hospital can seem So Far Away.

>

Your two headphones moments were spot-on, Scotee. Very touching and listened to many times. Was (and perhaps will) offer up some tunes from here over the weekend but given the depth of what you shared it seemed better to soak in and savor those all by themselves. Well played.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > > Rad, you can take Easter ham, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, sweet tea etc, and just blend them into a...dip of some sorts.

> > > >

> > > > This is the point where I look for an emoji that is ~~throwing up~~ turning green.... :confounded:

> > > See above, there's some green at least...

> > >

> >

> > Wow... I can see that you're throwing out all the stops here! :unamused:

> Sure, and if you want to get the meal over with quickly, and blend all those gooodies together into a ham & bean & sides smoothie, here ya go... (my DW would add avocado) (I would add this mixture to the lawmower)

> eysd92e84sqk.jpg

>

>

Funny you should mention lawnmower. I was gonna ask where you kept the Lawnboy? :p

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Rad, you can take Easter ham, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, sweet tea etc, and just blend them into a...dip of some sorts.

>

> This is the point where I look for an emoji that is ~~throwing up~~ turning green.... :confounded:

LOL You guys are trying to get Cyndy fired. Or worse have the health department, the EPA and OSHA shut the whole thing down. :D

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Well, I've got 30 more hours in "paradise" before I fly 22.5 hours back home. I'll make it home for Easter afternoon, but not for the morning. Best I could do given the schedule we keep. I'll be too dead from the time change to even think about hitting a golf ball until Monday at the earliest. Here's hoping the jet lag is short and my ability to get on course is quick... and I can finally determine if a new driver will actually give me enough distance gain to be worth the price tag.

As much as it pains me to say it... congratulations to my old junior golf "nemesis" (I use that term loosely as I never was within 10 strokes of him in tourney play as a teen) on winning yet ANOTHER Masters. Sadly, my pick was Molinari at -13 ... and it fell apart on 12 after the announcer stated "he's played this hole perfectly all week." Yup... cursed him. Almost called it twice in 2 attempts (called Sergio's win and on the score), but no win and no new driver for free for me.

Hope all are well, and I hope the nasty weather I've heard about hasn't injured anyone or their loved ones.

• Like 2

> @Gauchograd99 said:

> Well, I've got 30 more hours in "paradise" before I fly 22.5 hours back home. I'll make it home for Easter afternoon, but not for the morning. Best I could do given the schedule we keep. I'll be too dead from the time change to even think about hitting a golf ball until Monday at the earliest. Here's hoping the jet lag is short and my ability to get on course is quick... and I can finally determine if a new driver will actually give me enough distance gain to be worth the price tag.

>

> As much as it pains me to say it... congratulations to my old junior golf "nemesis" (I use that term loosely as I never was within 10 strokes of him in tourney play as a teen) on winning yet ANOTHER Masters. Sadly, my pick was Molinari at -13 ... and it fell apart on 12 after the announcer stated "he's played this hole perfectly all week." Yup... cursed him. Almost called it twice in 2 attempts (called Sergio's win and on the score), but no win and no new driver for free for me.

>

> Hope all are well, and I hope the nasty weather I've heard about hasn't injured anyone or their loved ones.

Wow Gaucho, have a great and safe flight home. Jet lag can be difficult but at least you will be here. Take care, hope to see you here on the Grille more!

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Tornado watch here tonight and likely heading toward Stu and Reasy tomorrow. Cobi and I

> > were just outside securing things. At a minimum we'll be getting some severe T'Storms.

> >

> > Love spring, lol.

>

> On it's way. Tornado warnings unti 5 PM. So far so good. Hope you dodged the bullet.

Bullets dodged but the rain was torrential. Don't know the number but based on our crude

measuring devices at home we received several inches overnight. Today it's windy as all that

moves away from us. Praying you and Stu are out of the path of any dangerous weather.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Anybody remember this touching love song by Train? Some songs just tug at your heart, wish I had written this one, it's such a tear jerker... B)

>

>

Well, that one grew a grin. Somehow Herb Alpert meets Al Yankovic? LMAO.

Get home safe/sound Gaucho. Your early years nemesis does seem to have nine lives. Pretty sure we've seen about 8 of them. Lol

• Like 2

> @Gauchograd99 said:

> Well, I've got 30 more hours in "paradise" before I fly 22.5 hours back home. I'll make it home for Easter afternoon, but not for the morning. Best I could do given the schedule we keep. I'll be too dead from the time change to even think about hitting a golf ball until Monday at the earliest. Here's hoping the jet lag is short and my ability to get on course is quick... and I can finally determine if a new driver will actually give me enough distance gain to be worth the price tag.

>

> As much as it pains me to say it... congratulations to my old junior golf "nemesis" (I use that term loosely as I never was within 10 strokes of him in tourney play as a teen) on winning yet ANOTHER Masters. Sadly, my pick was Molinari at -13 ... and it fell apart on 12 after the announcer stated "he's played this hole perfectly all week." Yup... cursed him. Almost called it twice in 2 attempts (called Sergio's win and on the score), but no win and no new driver for free for me.

>

> Hope all are well, and I hope the nasty weather I've heard about hasn't injured anyone or their loved ones.

So nice to hear from you Gauch when you're able to chime in. Safe travels and may some good times

with the family...........and on the course be waiting for you when you get home.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > > Rad, you can take Easter ham, beans, potato salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, sweet tea etc, and just blend them into a...dip of some sorts.

> > > >

> > > > This is the point where I look for an emoji that is ~~throwing up~~ turning green.... :confounded:

> > > See above, there's some green at least...

> > >

> >

> > Wow... I can see that you're throwing out all the stops here! :unamused:

> Sure, and if you want to get the meal over with quickly, and blend all those gooodies together into a ham & bean & sides smoothie, here ya go... (my DW would add avocado) (I would add this mixture to the lawmower)

> eysd92e84sqk.jpg

>

>

Masters green..............tempting..............but, no can drink. :-)

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Tornado watch here tonight and likely heading toward Stu and Reasy tomorrow. Cobi and I

> > > were just outside securing things. At a minimum we'll be getting some severe T'Storms.

> > >

> > > Love spring, lol.

> >

> > On it's way. Tornado warnings unti 5 PM. So far so good. Hope you dodged the bullet.

>

> Bullets dodged but the rain was torrential. Don't know the number but based on our crude

> measuring devices at home we received several inches overnight. Today it's windy as all that

> moves away from us. Praying you and Stu are out of the path of any dangerous weather.

We are OK so far--- I did do one run up this AM early then came home. I have a lot of catching up to do been busy this week. Glad to see Mrs Bill is ok

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Track meets, Dance class, and a spring band concert have kept us busy this week, but I still had time for Wednesday night league. Only one good thing to report. My teammate got his first ace on the last hole. It's a uphill 140 yarder, and we couldn't see it drop, just knew it was headed in the right direction. I let him keep all the skin money, and he had enough to cover his bar tab thankfully.

• Like 2

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > Tornado watch here tonight and likely heading toward Stu and Reasy tomorrow. Cobi and I

> > > > were just outside securing things. At a minimum we'll be getting some severe T'Storms.

> > > >

> > > > Love spring, lol.

> > >

> > > On it's way. Tornado warnings unti 5 PM. So far so good. Hope you dodged the bullet.

> >

> > Bullets dodged but the rain was torrential. Don't know the number but based on our crude

> > measuring devices at home we received several inches overnight. Today it's windy as all that

> > moves away from us. Praying you and Stu are out of the path of any dangerous weather.

>

> We are OK so far--- I did do one run up this AM early then came home. I have a lot of catching up to do been busy this week. Glad to see Mrs Bill is ok

Thankfully you are safe, we watch the destruction these bring and pray for a good outcome, unfortunately it seems some of your countrymen have not been so lucky.

Stay safe Stu and happy Easter ?

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Gauchograd99 said:

>

>

Been a while Groucho, we hope to see more of you eating and drinking in the Grille when you are back on home soil. Have a good game on Monday, we know and you know it will happen, maythe golf gods look favourably on your game.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well Grillers, sitting in bed Saturday night, cup of earl grey tea and a nice robust glass of port. Take care over the weekend and enjoy Easter, those of you travelling be safe.

Hope your DW is home for Easter Bihll, having had relatives with the same condition I know the recuperation can be a little longer than you would like, sounds as if she is in good hands.

Erected the front fence today between rain showers, had to take two sections back as they were damaged, our local store never questions and just replaces with new parts, never inspected them when they were delivered, unusual for me.

Still hoping to play golf in May, I will have company as DW is going round with me, that’s always fun, I think ? been a while now so I will only use irons off the tee untill my body is ready again to smash one, or at least attempt to smash one. Going to hit some balls into my net at home beforehand and record them to see just how bad I am.

Ground is nice and soft now, plenty of unseasonal rain so planting all our new shrubs and palm trees tomorrow, been a very dry summer, normally our wet season, so at least the ground is now being drenched before the dry season sets in.

Good night Grillers, sleep tight.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

You're not all alone my friend. Weekends for me personally are generally more off than on propositions wrx-wise. Seems between family time, little home projects, and a crazy little thing called golf there's not as much time. But there are occasions when weather and other influences make way for more Grille "rooming".

It sure "can" sometimes feel strangely lonely in here. Been known to lay down some of my goofiest posts when so. Feels like I'm leaving a note on a Grille Room table.

BTW Sixty, hope you're OK with it but news of the hole in one in Bic's league event led me to order a reshreshment and I stuck it on your tab. Guilty conscious got the best of me!

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > Tornado watch here tonight and likely heading toward Stu and Reasy tomorrow. Cobi and I

> > > > were just outside securing things. At a minimum we'll be getting some severe T'Storms.

> > > >

> > > > Love spring, lol.

> > >

> > > On it's way. Tornado warnings unti 5 PM. So far so good. Hope you dodged the bullet.

> >

> > Bullets dodged but the rain was torrential. Don't know the number but based on our crude

> > measuring devices at home we received several inches overnight. Today it's windy as all that

> > moves away from us. Praying you and Stu are out of the path of any dangerous weather.

>

> We are OK so far--- I did do one run up this AM early then came home. I have a lot of catching up to do been busy this week. Glad to see Mrs Bill is ok

No bullets on the home front. Wind damage to the top of one-two nets at the local range I frequent. They're still mostly attached and for the moment the place can still operate. If only the damage had been nearer to ground level. I see an expensive man-lift rental in the near future to repair. The proprietor generates nice revenue from range balls, club repair, and being a PGA pro who gives lessons. He runs a tight ship with extraordinary attention to little details and it really shows. This storm kicked his cash flow in the rear and I hate it for him, but he'll fully survive.

We're all thankful something this trivial is our biggest problem. The storm did unspeakable things to others so there's plenty to feel grateful for.

• Like 2

Gonna put my 7 wood back in action I believe, and take the 4 iron out. I have multiple uses for the 7 wood, so I think it might be the way for me to go, I'll see how the season goes with that change and that particular result. Also wedges are working so well, I have a 60* I use now and then swapping for another, if I can get better with all of the wedges, just might remove the putter...

.......no putter...hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaha.......................hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fxgwxq07ynry.png

• Like 2

I go 3W, then 7W @SixtySomePing . That gives me a well defined gap between clubs and from there I go to a 5 hybrid. The idea is to get a 15 yard gap or so between clubs thus making club selection a bit more straight forward.

Once inside 150 yards then the closer gaps that you get from consecutive irons/wedges make a bit more sense when going for the green.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Never been a good wood player, removed them from the bag a while ago and never missed them, mainly use a 4 hybrid. Nearly always gives good results except when the head drops off On the backswing.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Watching some Champions Tour this afternoon. Funny, more than ever it just felt pretty normal watching them, I was thinking, 'their game reminds me more of watching my type of golf than watching the PGA. It was pretty enjoyable. I would like to see a bit of the LPGA too as I would like to see Brooke win.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> Never been a good wood player, removed them from the bag a while ago and never missed them, mainly use a 4 hybrid. Nearly always gives good results except when the head drops off on the backswing.

LMAO. Rumor has it they're a little harder to hit until the head is glued-in. But don't listen to me. I'm the same guy who once assembled a new weed-whacker in the house seated in a chair -- and shattered a fan light fixture the second I stood up with it. Tough to blame the dog when it comes to ceiling fixtures.

OOPS!

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> I go 3W, then 7W @SixtySomePing . That gives me a well defined gap between clubs and from there I go to a 5 hybrid. The idea is to get a 15 yard gap or so between clubs thus making club selection a bit more straight forward.

>

> Once inside 150 yards then the closer gaps that you get from consecutive irons/wedges make a bit more sense when going for the green.

It's interesting where gaps are and how different golfers go about managing it. There's an obvious "hole" in my bag and I'm honestly starting to wonder if it isn't more mental than club selection. Maybe this year I'll figure it out. Note to self: Next time it's 220 yards out, whack yourself upside the head with a hammer really hard and THEN hit it.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Gonna put my 7 wood back in action I believe, and take the 4 iron out. I have multiple uses for the 7 wood, so I think it might be the way for me to go, I'll see how the season goes with that change and that particular result. Also wedges are working so well, I have a 60* I use now and then swapping for another, if I can get better with all of the wedges, just might remove the putter...

> .......no putter...hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaha.......................hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

> fxgwxq07ynry.png

>

>

A 7 wood is really a versatile club. I carried a 21* V-Steel for years. Right now I have a little 23* Adams hybrid that I did a lot of work on for me including a tool to bend the hosel a little flatter for me. That little hybrid has became very versatile for me lately. I can hit a variety of shots with it

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Watching some Champions Tour this afternoon. Funny, more than ever it just felt pretty normal watching them, I was thinking, 'their game reminds me more of watching my type of golf than watching the PGA. It was pretty enjoyable. I would like to see a bit of the LPGA too as I would like to see Brooke win.

There are quite a few guys on the Champions Tour that bag a 7 wood among them is Migel Jimenz . Had a TM rep tell me a few years back quite a few guys on that tour still bag V-Steel 7 woods too.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I go 3W, then 7W @SixtySomePing . That gives me a well defined gap between clubs and from there I go to a 5 hybrid. The idea is to get a 15 yard gap or so between clubs thus making club selection a bit more straight forward.

> >

> > Once inside 150 yards then the closer gaps that you get from consecutive irons/wedges make a bit more sense when going for the green.

>

> It's interesting where gaps are and how different golfers go about managing it. There's an obvious "hole" in my bag and I'm honestly starting to wonder if it isn't more mental than club selection. Maybe this year I'll figure it out. Note to self: Next time it's 220 yards out, whack yourself upside the head with a hammer really hard and THEN hit it.

>

>

>

>

I actually do not go by gaps as most people on here and other golf sites do. 220 is really reaching out for me anymore unless it is with a driver. I can catch that little 16* 4 wood in the screws sometimes and hit it 225 or so but mostly around 210 on average. Where my gaps as far as most people gets screwey is on both the extreme top end or lower end of the bag. On the top side I carry that hybrid but still carry and hit a 3 and 4 iron too. I hit the hybrid higher but hit stinger type shots with the 3 and 4 iron. On the bottom end I carry a 47* PW and a 56* wedges only. I can deloft the 56 some to get a little more and can open up and loft up the 47 some to take some off. For me simpler is better.

• Like 2

The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> The pitching wedge in my set is 44 degrees, that puts it as a 125-130 club. I had to either choke down, or pull off a 3/4 swing on a 120 yard par 3 on our course, need to hit the front of the green cause it slopes downhill away from the tee and drops 20 feet straight down off the back. I finally took my 3 iron out and put in a 48 wedge, problem solved. Plus I now can take a full swing from the fairway at 110-120 range. Like full swings, less thinking the better for me.

> At the top of the bag, I switched out 5 wood, for a 21 degree hybrid, same distance from the fairway, (210) much better from the rough. 3 wood is for I gotta hit this as far as I can

Yep with your PW at 44* you do need a gap wedge of some sort I will agree. Now my 9 iron is 44*. All of my lofts are more traditional whether the Mac blades or KZGs. Now If I go to my most modern set ( 2013 Callaway X-Forged CBs) then I run into the same thing you do because the PW is 45*. Depends on the lofts of sets as to whether you need a gap wedge or not. Also a lot depends on one's game. I do know some guys that use a 52* for chipping only. For me the 56 is my workhorse wedge. I also do a lot of old school style bump and runs with either a PW or a 7 iron. There is no proper etched in stone way to play this game and that includes equipment set ups too

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)