2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

@scomac2002. Belated well wishes on the anniversary. Ours is Sunday, 33 years of matrimonial bliss.

@SixtySomePing. You'll be fine at league tonight (?). Remember what you posted about a week or so back. From your range experience. Slow and easy. Keep the tempo. Maintains the balance.

@BicknellCC. Good luck to you as well as your league commences. Always a harbinger of spring once golf league starts.

May never get to play at golf around here. Continued lousy weather. Nothing but rain now in the forecast for the next week. Cold and damp. League starts for me on the 30th. Maybe.

Welcome @ssfranny. All the rules of engagement have been covered. Basically just stop by and add your contributions to the dialog. Don't be alarmed if there's about three conversations transpiring at the same time. Happens with some frequency around here. Jump in at any point. Everyone is encouraged to pull up a chair and offer up their observations. Occasionally, we even talk about golf.

Waiting to see what the GolfWRX Member perks are as well. Free swag? Get out of jail free card if we run afoul of the regulations? No idea what I did to achieve such lofty status. Other than hang around posting crap.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @billh17 said:

> Wife to Hospital

No... Hope everything works out for the best, @billh17 . Your DW will be in our thoughts.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Prayers coming your way Bill. Being positive here.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Looks like we are no longer ClubWRX members. Easy come easy go I guess as things continue

to get sorted out here.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Been on the sidelines for what feels like an eternity. Still lurk in the darkness.

Sending all the positive vibes I can to Bill and his lovely wife.

Hope all are having a pleasant start to the golf season.

PD

• Like 2

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

> @PeanutsDaddy said:

> Been on the sidelines for what feels like an eternity. Still lurk in the darkness.

>

> Sending all the positive vibes I can to Bill and his lovely wife.

>

> Hope all are having a pleasant start to the golf season.

>

> PD

Great to see you on here PD, been missing you on here, how's the family?

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> The Grille

> The Grille, The Grille, great times to be had at The Grille

> With stories galore, of golf rounds and more,

> The clubs that we use, new and old ones we choose,

> Our families we share, and our home lives compare,

> The humor can fly, or sometimes we nearly cry,

> We post loves and hates, but no one dominates,

> We pull up a chair, glad to see our brothers there,

> If you're happy we'll cheer, if you're sad we'll be here,

> There's fine art and magic, tidy dress and tragic,

> Gus, Tammy and Cyndy smile, and always go the extra mile,

> We don't disagree, we understand what you see,

> We live miles apart, but one door joins our hearts (awww, that's too much, no it's not...)

> It has so much appeal, because the Grille is for real...

>

>

Retirement is suiting you Sixty, giving you more time to be creative, good poem, captures the atmosphere of the Grille.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Wriggles said:

> The above comments are very heartwarming. Maybe, we just want to simplify the remaining time on Earth. Time is too precious to be hard hearted, and caustic towards others.

> Played 11 holes yesterday, then cut my city lawn. Got Penny and made us lunch. The "Dodge" neighbor called me, and asked if I'd take care of his Golden Retriever, Ginger, this week, Thursday to Sunday. The family is visiting family in Philadelphia. I agreed, and later, Penny and I took a walk around the neighborhood. We saw the neighbor, and stopped to chat. Ginger approached Penny, and began to sniff her. Penny backed away, and looked at me. I don't think Penny knew what the other dog was. There was no hostility in either dog, just curiousity in Ginger, and bewilderment in Penny.

> I watched Ginger one day last year. She's still a pup, 2 years old. Quite a bit more active than Penny, but a dear girl all the same. I won't see Penny much during the holiday weekend, unless her family visits somewhere, but I think Ginger and Penny will get along nicely. The "weekend" of Ginger should be interesting.

> A chiropractic appointment this morning. Hope it goes all right.

> Cheers!

> PS: I know we'll be happy to see Ginger, and happy to see her go home, like all grandparents.

>

>

You should start an animal shelter Wriggs, they all seem to be attracted to you.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> Wife to Hospital

Does not seem correct liking a post about your DW going to hospital. Give her our thoughts and prayers, look after her well.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I see we've lost our ClubWRX members designation. Guess we should self designate Clubhouse Grille Member. Also I just noticed when you edit there are now accompanying flashing red lights and sirens.

Good idea, we need a membership secretary, I designate your good self being the most organised amongst us.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @PeanutsDaddy said:

> Been on the sidelines for what feels like an eternity. Still lurk in the darkness.

>

> Sending all the positive vibes I can to Bill and his lovely wife.

>

> Hope all are having a pleasant start to the golf season.

>

> PD

Good morning PD, well it’s morning down under. Good to see you back in the Grille even if it’s only a passing message. I am interested as to whether Ethan has overcome his distaste of lady only art classess and started up again. Hope the family is well and ready to enjoy an Easter break. Don’t be a stranger.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I always feel like Steven Seagal worked me over, after a chiropractic visit. After the visit, I got Penny and made us lunch, left over chicken, and Hungry Jack potatoes. Took he for a walk around the block, and she wanted to go back to HER house. So, I got her home. I walked 14 holes, came home, and missus was trying to get Penny back home. She had brought her back to our place, after I left for golf. She could not get Penny back home. I got Penny into her house, but she wouldn't let me leave. Finally, I get out, and I usually look in on her discretely a few minutes later. Well, the old door knob just rotated, and the door wouldn't open. I spent the next hour, trying to open the door, while the dog was hysterical, trying to get out, scratching the door.

Fortunately, my neighbor came home from work, and he crawled in through a window. Opened the door from the inside. I got a Excedrin headache from all that.

The missus and I watched the 2013 version of "The Great Gatsby". Didn't have the Cinderella story flavor the Redford version has. Missus didn't like it 4 minutes into the movie.

Can't say I liked it either. Not like the previous version, when I bought a Panama hat a few days after seeing the movie.

Would like the Duesenberg and the Auburn Speedster, though. No chance of that.

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ginger.

Cheers!

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I see we've lost our ClubWRX members designation. Guess we should self designate Clubhouse Grille Member. Also I just noticed when you edit there are now accompanying flashing red lights and sirens.

Good job we lost our membership, they would possibly have sent us an invoice for the annual fees. ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

>

> Finished this painting this morning it should say “you are breakfast” excuse the Pl could not eliminate the previouse post.

>

> vicxu77ku0jy.jpeg

>

Out of the darkness and into the light, eyes fixed on you for just a quick bite... looks fabulous tol. I just don't know how you do it. That one needs to go on the wall of the Grille on the way to the 10th hole so everyone can focus on attacking the back nine and coming home with a great score...

• Like 2

The weather has been fickle on this side of the border. I’m currently dealing with a household that is battling Illness. Both boys and my wife are under the weather. I’m not much better given the lack of sleep.

Tol,

Fabulous artwork as always. Ethan is putzing around, but nothing to report on the painting front. The establishment that we frequented closed a few months back so his work has slowed. Many other pursuits to keep him busy thankfully.

Congrats to all those who have retired in recent months. I hope this means more rounds of golf . I hope to join the ranks some day.

• Like 1

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Nice artwork- again- Tol. Not to worry 'bout basic mistakes. Believe me, we wouldn't remotely know what mistakes were made.

Be well and rested to PD and family. Golf season is here meaning it's right on the cusp for yourself and @Fellaheen51.

Sixty - Ball flight precision isn't as you know a consideration. A curious advantage we now have, one we all wish we'd discovered earlier, is delivering that more efficient and less physically taxing swing while remaining delighted to just be out there. Imagine our level of play now had we all figured that one out decades ago.

Going to admit it. Find myself dwelling on Bill's situation. I so want to check-in to find good news. As Rad says, remaining positive.

• Like 2

Had a chance to play 18 today but life happened and it would need to happen tomorrow. Storms in the forecast so who knows when it can happen. Good news is pitching/chipping/putting practice hopefully pays off.

FWIW, my lowly opinion noticed one stand-out quote during Masters week. Mr. Woods called it "hitting my lines" inregards putting. Said even if he missed a putt, provided he's hitting his lines, he knows he did well.

Put your saw-grips, claw-grips, brand of putter, technique, drills, talent... take every bit of that and set fire to the whole smash. All we can do is tap that rock and let it coast. It's going to leave us according to a very simple equation. She'll head on a dead-straight line to some point we send it to. Wind, grain, slope, what're will act on it perhaps changing that originally selected spot and line. That's all we can hope to do. If it misses but we got what we were shopping for via letting it coast to some envisioned spot, if it leaves us on that "line", then it's actually a great putt.

It's all too tempting to fall in the trap of trying to influence the downrange break and slope during the act of simply tapping it and letting it coast to a single spot on a straight line.

The putter won't hook it, slice it, backspin it, or top spin it. It does one simple thing and it's therefore begging us to apply the simplest math to using it. Send it on a line and beyond that, it's come what may. We can't help it curve. Those "lines" are beyond our control during the act of putting.

Rant now on mute.

• Like 1

> @tolmij said:

> Putting a file together of all my paintings, this is one I did many moons ago, not one of my favourites but it came out not too bad.

>

>

> k8o2bts5c5sf.jpeg

>

I really like this one Tol. Simple still with a perfect blend of realism and impressionism.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @Wriggles said:

> I always feel like Steven Seagal worked me over, after a chiropractic visit. After the visit, I got Penny and made us lunch, left over chicken, and Hungry Jack potatoes. Took he for a walk around the block, and she wanted to go back to HER house. So, I got her home. I walked 14 holes, came home, and missus was trying to get Penny back home. She had brought her back to our place, after I left for golf. She could not get Penny back home. I got Penny into her house, but she wouldn't let me leave. Finally, I get out, and I usually look in on her discretely a few minutes later. Well, the old door **** just rotated, and the door wouldn't open. I spent the next hour, trying to open the door, while the dog was hysterical, trying to get out, scratching the door.

> Fortunately, my neighbor came home from work, and he crawled in through a window. Opened the door from the inside. I got a Excedrin headache from all that.

> The missus and I watched the 2013 version of "The Great Gatsby". Didn't have the Cinderella story flavor the Redford version has. Missus didn't like it 4 minutes into the movie.

> Can't say I liked it either. Not like the previous version, when I bought a Panama hat a few days after seeing the movie.

> Would like the Duesenberg and the Auburn Speedster, though. No chance of that.

> Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ginger.

> Cheers!

>

My wife watched carefully what my chiro did to me in the past. And while I won't manage to word it in a way others might relate to, I can say it amounted to "spreading" my spine by applying pressure at the belt-line toward my feet whilst pressing down and upward toward my head in the mid-spine area. After multiples of those, a little gentle bouncing of the palms in CPR like compressions were applied starting just under the ribs and working upward. Somewhere amid all that I'd snap and crunch like popcorn on the skillet. Anyway she'd seen it so many times over, one day I was hurting a little and she had me lay face-down on the floor and she went about this treatment just as she'd seen it done. Worked like a charm! I wouldn't recommend it necessarily but I can't lie about it either. I haven't been to the chiro in years - but have had the wife administer what has never failed to be right on the money in terms of relief.

Movies and cars. Movies do tend to sort of play their hand in spades on this front. Hard to imagine certain flix without the spoke wheel convertible and a rumble seat rolling into the shot. It's got to cost a small fortune to produce a period movie requiring a fleet of such cars.

Wriggs (and others) I don't mean to bash the advertising or auto industry of today. But we all distinctly recall a car commercial being about the vehicle itself - something that differentiated it. Maybe "Body by Fisher", or the car flying over a cliff and landing on it's nose signalling how rugged and safe it's made. Didn't seem to fail, a car was always propped up to have features in it's suspension, or safety, or stopping distance, or whatever set it apart.

Today, it so often seems like what I'm buying (or told is unique/better) is the sound system, or GPS, or ability to charge a cell phone. I'm not given a reason it's an actual car that's built more comfortable, quiet, longer lasting, safer, easier to repair, etc. I'm buying a stereo, a GPS, and electronics that may or may not have a thing to do with the fact that at the end of the day, I've got to own and drive the darn thing - lol.

Yet another example of just how wrong I can be and why they don't call me when producing a TV ad for cars. I'll be honest, I've asked myself many times over how it's even possible manufacturers got talked into airing ads that basically say nothing of substance. But hey, something's lost and something's gained with progress. That's how it works, right? So it must be me. Good thing life is a thumbs-up proposition and this issues is hardly worth getting too negative about. I didn't make the decision on the ad in terms of producing it or airing it. (lol - but I do have a mute button and a clicker).

• Like 2

good news all around guys. She is fine. Had Emergency Appendectomy and is now doing well. Came on suddenly and she was feeling great,and all of a sudden couldn't stand up straight or take a deep breath for the pain...thought it was a heart issue. Turns out her appendix had burst,and it was a task to clean the infection. She will be in the hospital for a few days to insure the infection is dealt with. Thanks for all the thoughts and words. I wont be on here much for a while. Again .thanks guys.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> good news all around guys. She is fine. Had Emergency Appendectomy and is now doing well. Came on suddenly and she was feeling great,and all of a sudden couldn't stand up straight or take a deep breath for the pain...thought it was a heart issue. Turns out her appendix had burst,and it was a task to clean the infection. She will be in the hospital for a few days to insure the infection is dealt with. Thanks for all the thoughts and words. I wont be on here much for a while. Again .thanks guys.

Whew! We can breath again. Great news Bill. Sorry she had to go through that but so happy she will be fine. All our best to her.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)