Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Got an email that I'd been added to the ClubWRX. Heck, I'm just happy to be a member of the Clubhouse Grille...

> e9m0tprri0fg.png

>

I got it this morning, but didn't want to say anything because at that point I think Reasy and I were the only ones. I figured that most of us should qualify as we post similar frequency.

I guess that we needn't feel too special because 2454 of us were promoted to ClubWRX this morning!

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @BB28403 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Got an email that I'd been added to the ClubWRX. Heck, I'm just happy to be a member of the Clubhouse Grille...

> > e9m0tprri0fg.png

> >

> Same here ! I have no idea what it is either

>

I guess it's a good thing, no penalty box or electric shock waves coming thru yet. Good to see you here BB

• Like 2

I used to be a ClubWRX member and then stopped renewing. It cost around $35-45 per

year. Now, I'm a ClubWRX member for free. Beats a sharp stick in the eye. I'll take it. Not

sure what it means now but in the past you got special pricing on some things and some

offers the general WRX public didn't get. I guess we'll see.

• Like 1

Now a club WRX member as well, hope this brings benefits such as the sites upgraded operation, things working better.

Welcome to the Grille BB draw up a seat and have a glass with us regulars.?

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Reasonability said:

> Is it just me or do you guys notice a certain dichotomy anytime a superstar emerges in any sport?

>

> To win is one thing. Winning repeatedly understandably generates even more of a buzz amongst fans and talking heads in the media. Dominating the field of competitors really lights up the sky.

>

> All perfectly understandable.

>

> What I suppose I'm asking is if anyone else notices how an entire field of close competitors suddenly falls completely off the radar? 30 to 50 golfers "could have" won the Masters. Had any single one of them other than TW managed to do so, that golfer and many in the field would have all been in the conversation. As is, it's as though they were mere bit players. Barely rate as supporting cast.

>

> Golf is just like any sport in this sense. It's normal / natural. But can't help noticing how quickly a field of talented, hard-working, competitors suddenly goes "lights out" in the discourse. Is this level of one-sided focus a good or a bad thing when compared to the drama and excitement of watching 30 potential winners in a dog fight?

>

> Just asking.

>

>

Just IMO, as always, but this is what the fans want and therefore what smart TV execs will

give them. And the bit players, for the most part understand what is going on.

Stewart Cink is a great guy but he knows Tom Watson was the guy on the verge of doing

something historic. Amazing how such a good guy (Cink) could be such an unpopular winner.

In this case at the Masters, Tiger on the verge of Major #15, after an 11 year major drought

and all that's happened.

There are times and moments in every sport when we're on the verge of seeing something

big, likely historic and the attention goes there and the rest as you say.....bit players.

In Tiger's case from here on every win will be historic. The next win will tie him with Slammin'

Sammy for most wins on tour with 82. After that he is into uncharted territory, while he also

tries to track down Jack's record 18 major wins.

There is also a sense with Tiger that we don't know how long this will last. He's had many

surgeries.......so there is possibility that this could end at any time.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Maybe someone said something and I missed it but I notice we have post numbers again on

> the far right bottom of each post. This should be post #24577

Good! I missed that. Now when I find that infamous back of the trailer @Conrad1953 story buried deep in here or prolly confessions I can reference it for all to see. That one and Reasey's midget story are the all time best stories ever told on here and deserve to be told and retold. :D

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Maybe someone said something and I missed it but I notice we have post numbers again on

> > the far right bottom of each post. This should be post #24577

>

> Good! I missed that. **Now when I find that infamous back of the trailer @Conrad1953 story buried deep in here or prolly confessions I can reference it for all to see. That one and Reasey's midget story are the all time best stories ever told on here and deserve to be told and retold.** :D

Good! I'm looking forward to you posting the links.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Maybe someone said something and I missed it but I notice we have post numbers again on

> > the far right bottom of each post. This should be post #24577

>

> Good! I missed that. Now when I find that infamous back of the trailer @Conrad1953 story buried deep in here or prolly confessions I can reference it for all to see. That one and Reasey's midget story are the all time best stories ever told on here and deserve to be told and retold. :D

Interesting how true stories outrun jokes. Would seem it should almost work the other way around - lol.

The other true story I've loved sharing here a couple of times over the years is best titled "bumble bat". Gets me so tickled recalling it, I can barely write it. And it's another true story. Why is it art just can't imitate life when it comes to crazy stories?

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Got an email that I'd been added to the ClubWRX. Heck, I'm just happy to be a member of the Clubhouse Grille...

> e9m0tprri0fg.png

>

Cool! We've now got ourselves a brand. Top of the menu. Etched onto the glassware. In-lay on the floor. Official letterhead, hats, and golf shirts. ?

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Got an email that I'd been added to the ClubWRX. Heck, I'm just happy to be a member of the Clubhouse Grille...

> > e9m0tprri0fg.png

> >

>

> Cool! We've now got ourselves a brand. Top of the menu. Etched onto the glassware. In-lay on the floor. Official letterhead, hats, and golf shirts. ?

Great idea Judge! I'd buy that ! B)

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Wow,

I've also been promoted! I've waited 57 years to be one of the cool kids, finally a bright shining moment in my life.

Been busy with the daughter, high school track, dance class, band functions, and church youth stuff. Been reading and keeping up, glad all is well. Our league starts tomorrow evening, fired up, me and "A" player plan on finally cashing a check other than the occasional skin this year. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated.

• Like 2

> @ssfranny said:

> How do you get into the Clubhouse Grille?

By doing just exactly what you did! You pull yourself up a chair and hang out. Post#1 of this thread pretty much covers what happens here. There's zero exclusivity to it. No dues. No fees. Folks from around the planet, from all imaginable current and past professions, and all levels of play sit here and simply yak it up.

We don't snipe each other, ridicule, one-up, or rip each other's heads off. Probably boring as heck to folks expecting or even wanting to do the often-seen internet "hit and run with anonymity" thing. And what's surfaced this many years in are good souls just like BicknellCC (aka "Bic") who sit around and share whatever's on his mind.

We're a little silly, philosophical, humorous, wise, goofy, self-depricting, and experienced. But we're also very welcoming to anyone who merely screws up his/her courage and just simply shows interest in hanging with us. Tell you one thing you can count on. Whatever labels might be attached to who we are or aren't, you will NOT find a better, more sincere, or supportive bunch of people. Fine souls here. The finest.

Consider yourself "in". It's just that simple!

• Like 2

> @ssfranny said:

Welcome @ssfranny. This is not a private club. Prolly the friendliest place on the WRX. No joining required. Come as often as you like. We cover everything from food to song and even a little golf, sometimes all at the same time. Some of us are a little goofy but I have not found one bad apple in the box.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @ssfranny said:

We are a funny lot in here, we talk about anything, including golf, we support each other, we drink lots of alcoholic liquid and generally act the fool. Sometimes there will be a little serious stuff, but most of all this is a place where we do not judge, we can disagree with what is posted but we always support the poster and their right to say it, generally you will find us a mellow bunch getting on in years (some of us) so there is not enough time left to be an idiot. Oh that and the outlaw golf association OGA as it is known, Big Stu will fill you in on that one and designate you a membership number if you decide to join.

That’s it easy ???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sitting here reflecting.

You've all been part of this: (Now just think about this for a sec)

You've hung with us from a hospital bed. You've posted from Japan, England, Ohio, Michigan, the PNW, Carolinas, mid-west, New England, NYC, Guam, Canada, southwest, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona, and Down-Under...

You are rural and metro. You are or have served in industry, business, transportation, farming, the military, law enforcement, volunteer work, and private practice.

You've GIVEN a vehicle to a friend - freely. You've remained positive in adversity and helped others do the same. You listen to and shared life's experiences.

Regardless of rules, age, handicap, or current challenges - You're a golfer - bonded to other golfers.

You've analyzed vintage clubs, club components, lead tape, handles, shafts, and swings. Your neighbor's dog trusts you. Your wife trusts you. You're an artist. You fix broken water lines and coach others how to if need be. You've been thru unspeakable joy and challenge. You've raced cars, driven trucks, hauled yourselves and others thru all manner of weather. You've chopped wood, accumulated, then purged roomfuls of junk. You've helped others uncountable times in uncountable ways. You wear what you want expecting and serving no judgements about it.

You have a sense of humor. You know how to help others without being a condescending twerp.

This is who you guys are! A-freaking-maz-ing.

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> When you think about it we actually are not big drinkers in here. No drunken posts that

> I can remember reading, just senior moments, brain farts and other such things.

This is true. Not much PUI happening. Not so you'd notice, anyway.

Now I must confess. ? It only happened once, but there was that one evening I misunderstood the online instructions. Whipped up a vodka colonic instead of tonic. Learned my lesson. Not sure what I posted that night but I do recall waking up the next morning with a spork stuck to my temple wearing a hockey uniform I'd never seen before. ?

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> Sitting here reflecting.

>

> You've all been part of this: (Now just think about this for a sec)

>

> You've hung with us from a hospital bed. You've posted from Japan, England, Ohio, Michigan, the PNW, Carolinas, mid-west, New England, NYC, Guam, Canada, southwest, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona, and Down-Under...

> You are rural and metro. You are or have served in industry, business, transportation, farming, the military, law enforcement, volunteer work, and private practice.

>

> You've GIVEN a vehicle to a friend - freely. You've remained positive in adversity and helped others do the same. You listen to and shared life's experiences.

>

> Regardless of rules, age, handicap, or current challenges - You're a golfer - bonded to other golfers.

>

> You've analyzed vintage clubs, club components, lead tape, handles, shafts, and swings. Your neighbor's dog trusts you. Your wife trusts you. You're an artist. You fix broken water lines and coach others how to if need be. You've been thru unspeakable joy and challenge. You've raced cars, driven trucks, hauled yourselves and others thru all manner of weather. You've chopped wood, accumulated, then purged roomfuls of junk. You've helped others uncountable times in uncountable ways. You wear what you want expecting and serving no judgements about it.

>

> You have a sense of humor. You know how to help others without being a condescending twerp.

>

> This is who you guys are! A-freaking-maz-ing.

Excellent post Reason, sums us up perfectly.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Reasonability said:

> Sitting here reflecting.

>

> You've all been part of this: (Now just think about this for a sec)

>

> You've hung with us from a hospital bed. You've posted from Japan, England, Ohio, Michigan, the PNW, Carolinas, mid-west, New England, NYC, Guam, Canada, southwest, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona, and Down-Under...

> You are rural and metro. You are or have served in industry, business, transportation, farming, the military, law enforcement, volunteer work, and private practice.

>

> You've GIVEN a vehicle to a friend - freely. You've remained positive in adversity and helped others do the same. You listen to and shared life's experiences.

>

> Regardless of rules, age, handicap, or current challenges - You're a golfer - bonded to other golfers.

>

> You've analyzed vintage clubs, club components, lead tape, handles, shafts, and swings. Your neighbor's dog trusts you. Your wife trusts you. You're an artist. You fix broken water lines and coach others how to if need be. You've been thru unspeakable joy and challenge. You've raced cars, driven trucks, hauled yourselves and others thru all manner of weather. You've chopped wood, accumulated, then purged roomfuls of junk. You've helped others uncountable times in uncountable ways. You wear what you want expecting and serving no judgements about it.

>

> You have a sense of humor. You know how to help others without being a condescending twerp.

>

> This is who you guys are! A-freaking-maz-ing.

We love your posts Reasy...

• Like 2

The Grille

The Grille, The Grille, great times to be had at The Grille

With stories galore, of golf rounds and more,

The clubs that we use, new and old ones we choose,

Our families we share, and our home lives compare,

The humor can fly, or sometimes we nearly cry,

We post loves and hates, but no one dominates,

We pull up a chair, glad to see our brothers there,

If you're happy we'll cheer, if you're sad we'll be here,

There's fine art and magic, tidy dress and tragic,

Gus, Tammy and Cyndy smile, and always go the extra mile,

We don't disagree, we understand what you see,

We live miles apart, but one door joins our hearts (awww, that's too much, no it's not...)

It has so much appeal, because the Grille is for real...

• Like 2

The above comments are very heartwarming. Maybe, we just want to simplify the remaining time on Earth. Time is too precious to be hard hearted, and caustic towards others.

Played 11 holes yesterday, then cut my city lawn. Got Penny and made us lunch. The "Dodge" neighbor called me, and asked if I'd take care of his Golden Retriever, Ginger, this week, Thursday to Sunday. The family is visiting family in Philadelphia. I agreed, and later, Penny and I took a walk around the neighborhood. We saw the neighbor, and stopped to chat. Ginger approached Penny, and began to sniff her. Penny backed away, and looked at me. I don't think Penny knew what the other dog was. There was no hostility in either dog, just curiousity in Ginger, and bewilderment in Penny.

I watched Ginger one day last year. She's still a pup, 2 years old. Quite a bit more active than Penny, but a dear girl all the same. I won't see Penny much during the holiday weekend, unless her family visits somewhere, but I think Ginger and Penny will get along nicely. The "weekend" of Ginger should be interesting.

A chiropractic appointment this morning. Hope it goes all right.

Cheers!

PS: I know we'll be happy to see Ginger, and happy to see her go home, like all grandparents.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> The Grille

> The Grille, The Grille, great times to be had at The Grille

> With stories galore, of golf rounds and more,

> The clubs that we use, new and old ones we choose,

> Our families we share, and our home lives compare,

> The humor can fly, or sometimes we nearly cry,

> We post loves and hates, but no one dominates,

> We pull up a chair, glad to see our brothers there,

> If you're happy we'll cheer, if you're sad we'll be here,

> There's fine art and magic, tidy dress and tragic,

> Gus, Tammy and Cyndy smile, and always go the extra mile,

> We don't disagree, we understand what you see,

> We live miles apart, but one door joins our hearts (awww, that's too much, no it's not...)

> It has so much appeal, because the Grille is for real...

>

>

Wonderful poem, Sixty! <3

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)