2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

3 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

It's that hot there already?

Yep, mid 80s to low 90s. The good thing is it's not a humid heat this early. We're still having

lows in the high 50s to low 60s. The humidity cranks up later in July and August and then

we'll have lows in the low 70s with highs in the 90s. 

• Like 2

there are only 3 mobile carriers in the usa - verizon, t-mobile, and at&t.

everyone else just pays to access their systems.

it's against the law, but they did it anyway and got caught. all three sold your phone data to anyone who wanted to buy it. where you go, who you call, what you access on the internet - texts, emails - everything to anyone. years and years of it is stored.

the fcc fined them some pocket change. for example, if you did it and made a $1 million selling it, you were fined $2,000.

the message being that it's profitable. keep doing it and we'll fine you again. and again. and again.

some members on the fcc thought the fine was too much. the ones who used to work for the companies, or were lobbyists for them, and are now supposed to oversee.

it doesn't matter anyway, fines are always paid by the customers. just raise the rates or add a fee.

this is where the market argument falls flat again. the market people will say, "just use another company." there are no other companies who follow the law. the market is rigged.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

it was too easy to change plugs before.

image.png.15225fd8ac07fdb055465555a2e2f6d2.png

probably an executive decision to add time and complexity to raise the costs to the user. why charge $X, when you can charge $3X? dealers or other mechanics makes more money. convenience and efficiency is not a feature in the car business.

why do a filling if you charge for a root canal?

I had a Mercedes once... you could go in the trunk and there were panels with big thumbscrews so you could remove them and easily get to the brake lights, turn signal bulbs, etc.  User friendly.  Same with the headlights.  Not anymore.

• Like 2

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Sure, the whole planet knows where I buy my socks 🧦 but remember when there was 

One phone 📞 company!

Cost like $900 to make a few call to another state 

🤣 🍻 

Ya, I don't care what is known about me or my buying habits etc. 

5 years ago we were paying $200 a month just for our 2 cell phones with Verizon.

Now we are paying $198 month total for our 2 phones, internet and internet TV with Spectrum.

Spectrum's been doing some good deals the past few years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Conrad1953 said:

5 years ago we were paying $200 a month just for our 2 cell phones with Verizon.

Now we are paying $198 month total for our 2 phones, internet and internet TV with Spectrum.

Yo C-Money! 

How is the spectrum cell service? We have spectrum cable and Those deals are insane they keep promoting them but we afraid they got no history with cell phones. But I guess they just buy the bandwidth or whatever and take  a loss as they try to sign customers.

And do you know how much the service will cost after the promotion price runs out? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Read this morning that some father son team has figured out how to replace single cells in ev battery’s when they go dead.  ( Tesla only replaces the whole pack for $20k) Has a 376 car long appointment list.  Estimated to take 3 years to get caught up.  But then - supplier of the cell parts he sourced magically dried up.  As in can’t get the parts.  So he’s only left with the option of scavenging for used parts.  Taking one car to fix 4-5 cars. 🤣. Now the wait list is 5 years long.   

either the chickens are coming home to roost , or…. This is planned obsolescence by an industry that doesn’t want guys like ME horning in.

cited reason for cell loss. “ direct correlation to the number of times it had been on a supercharger “   Went on to say “ slow charging will prolong life by 80-90 %.  Or more “    Folks who’ve dealt with batteries already knew this. 🤣

this is like burning $100 bills to stay warm , in a house where the ac is stuck on 55….when you could just walk outside.  Where it’s 80 I just can’t deal with this level of stupid.  

LOL it is like us and the wood stove in the winter. We can run the stove and be comfortable all winter. I always shop around for wood. I can buy a long bed pick up full of wood split and delivered for like $110 a load. Cheaper than that this time of the year when people have wood cut and need money. Yesterday I was at Kroger and they have those bundles that the yuppies burn to stay cute I guess. In the winter those bundles sell for $8 or so. They were down to $3 a bundle. I bought all 10 bundles and as SOP for me loaded them into the Caddy. Of course got stares from the idiots that have evidently not seen anything in their life. Hey was not going to go across the street and get the van no need. They also had a sale on some canned stuff and I got like 10 cans of Beenie Winnies and some other canned stuff. Hey hurricane season is approaching. When we get hurricane watches you ought to see these idiots running around like mad stocking up on stuff.

It was either last winter or the winter before. We had a big cold snap. About 3 months later it was chilly but I was working in the shop. The meters for like 6 trailers are on the back of my property. The power guy was checking mine. I asked what was going on (even though I knew) He goes these people their electric rates are down pointing at my meter. I laughed and said I know as I pointed to the smokestack on my trailer smoking some. Yep in the coldest weather our bill is around $35 to $45 a month. Now summer it is higher with the AC going. I can run my house darn near all winter off of wood for what it costs me a month with electric heat going. Yeah it is a little work bringing wood in and cleaning out the stove but hell I need the exercise.  

• Like 4

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

8 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

Ya, I had to take a day off from golf to mow the lawn and vacuum the pool. Tough day in the

heat. I miss the cool breezes of winter already.

I wish I could engineer a reversal where the long hours of daylight are in the cool season

and it gets dark at 4:30 in the hot season.

I did the grass last week and we have not had rain so I am good on that for now. Got to do the annual "House Bath" as I call it. Going to Home Depot and get the stuff today. Need a new brush because mine is like 10 years old and worn out. Like my yard work I do it in pieces. Work get tired and rest. Like I told one of the nosy transplant neighbors. I own and run this job and this is my Union and my rules I run it like I want to. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Check this out.  Man.  I forgot how good he was.  Rip Jeff. 

I was always a fan ever since Roadhouse. Yep playing down that cut down guitar like a Dobro with only 3 strings. Maybe @aenemated can check in and give us some insight on it. I am a big fan of that song no matter who plays it. i consider that song one of the musical masterpieces of all time.

Now I was never a big Prince Fan but he knocked it out of the ballpark in his Tribute to George Harrison. Accomplished guitar players I know say that is one hard song to learn and play correctly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

I'd like to meet the engineer that thought having to pull the entire intake system off my Jeep to change the spark plugs was a brilliant cost saving move.  My BFH would like to teach him a few things.  These guys need to spend time actually working in the service department of their local dealership for a year as an apprentice.

Not quite as bad as late 60s mid 70s Corvettes with a Big Block and A/C had to take the engine loose and rotate up to get to the back 2 spark plugs on the passenger side. Drivers side you had to take the steering shaft loose. My first 1969 was a big block no A/C but you had the same steering shaft problem. With just the heater core on that one it was a PITA but doable.

Pontiac had a SNAFU with the big block Firebirds and Trans AMs in the late 70s. You had to cut a hole in the inner fender to get to the back 2 passenger side plugs. People (rightfully so) were raising hell about holes being cut. They ended up doing a retro fit on the inner fenders with a pull out plastic plug slot. They actually did a recall on those to replace the inner fender

Ford had them too. The main one I remember there was on the Pinto besides the gas tanks blowing up was starter replacement. You had to take the motor mount off the passenger side and jack the engine up to get the starter on and off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Not quite as bad as late 60s mid 70s Corvettes with a Big Block and A/C had to take the engine loose and rotate up to get to the back 2 spark plugs on the passenger side. Drivers side you had to take the steering shaft loose. My first 1969 was a big block no A/C but you had the same steering shaft problem. With just the heater core on that one it was a PITA but doable.

Pontiac had a SNAFU with the big block Firebirds and Trans AMs in the late 70s. You had to cut a hole in the inner fender to get to the back 2 passenger side plugs. People (rightfully so) were raising hell about holes being cut. They ended up doing a retro fit on the inner fenders with a pull out plastic plug slot. They actually did a recall on those to replace the inner fender

Ford had them too. The main one I remember there was on the Pinto besides the gas tanks blowing up was starter replacement. You had to take the motor mount off the passenger side and jack the engine up to get the starter on and off

I knew there was a few BB engine equipped cars that the plugs were like that.  Just never owned one.  My ‘66 Chevelle SS396 had a huge engine bay. I could stand in it to get at everything. 

• Like 3

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS 9.5 driver x-flex

Srixon ZX Mk II 3 & 7 wood stiff

Taylormade Stealth II 2 hybrid x-flex

Srixon ZX-7 4/5 irons stiff

Srixon Z-Forged II 6-PW stiff

Cleveland ZipCore RTX Tour Raw 52/56

TM Spider GT-X putter

XXIO premium bag on MGI Zip AT cart

Srixon Z-Star Diamond ball

Grumpy this morning. Been a bad week for golf.  Tried to play yesterday, got hung up behind some seriously bad players and ended up just walking off the course after an hour for three holes.  No marshals to keep pace of play in reasonable order.

Woke to steady rain this morning for our weekly Friday gathering of course co-workers. (Work one shift a week for free golf all week)

It’s actually been a bad spring with regular rain storms keeping courses super saturated.  Shots are even plugging on the greens!

• Like 4

TM Spider GT-X putter

9 hours ago, Conrad1953 said:

8 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Yo C-Money! 

How is the spectrum cell service? We have spectrum cable and Those deals are insane they keep promoting them but we afraid they got no history with cell phones. But I guess they just buy the bandwidth or whatever and take  a loss as they try to sign customers.

And do you know how much the service will cost after the promotion price runs out? 

Spectrum here as well.  They use the Verizon cellular network.  We've been on AT&T forever, but strongly considering it's time to make a change.  The deals they are promoting are just to good,  I get an email weekly touting the latest promo.    My old iPhone is beginning to have battery issues, so needing an upgrade (to LiDAR so I can measure my putting distances). Been a few minutes since I've researched it all, but one issue would be if one is a high data user.  Spectrum's 'unlimited' plan isn't, they start throttling speeds after a point (30gb?).  A non-issue for us, we don't come close to that level of data use, wi-fi is pervasive these days.  Our monthly bill is $130 for two phones and 12GB data (used 3 gb last month).  Gotta convince the Mrs. is time for a change.  She doesn't do tech changes or upgrades very well.  I've broached the subject with her, and get blowback.  Thinks she'll have to relearn how to make a phone call, send a text.  Least little hiccup, I'll catch heat.    

IIRC, can opt out immediately if not happy with the service.  Been satisfied with Spectrum's CS and Support when I've had to contact them.  There's a large support center 10 miles away when I've had reason to go there (like switching out a faulty box).   I not going to get myself all worked up if the cell companies are watching, selling my usage patterns.  Don't like it, but not much I can do about it.  Other than go off the grid.  I'll leave the getting lathered up about the state of modern affairs to the rest of ya'll.  

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

We went to T-Mobile three years ago with their Magenta Max 55+ plan.  $45 unlimited per phone.  No issues so far. No contract, no issues dropping without penalty.  We looked hard before switching from ATT'$ contract.  Cut our bill by 2/3 with no change in quality.

• Like 3

TM Spider GT-X putter

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I was always a fan ever since Roadhouse. Yep playing down that cut down guitar like a Dobro with only 3 strings. Maybe @aenemated can check in and give us some insight on it. I am a big fan of that song no matter who plays it. i consider that song one of the musical masterpieces of all time.

Now I was never a big Prince Fan but he knocked it out of the ballpark in his Tribute to George Harrison. Accomplished guitar players I know say that is one hard song to learn and play correctly.

The guitar he's playing is just regular Fender Strat Stuey. I t looks like it only has 3 strings because of the angle that the video was shot. I could be wrong but I think he was a good sized dude also which with the strat on his lap makes it look small. He was a monster guitar player and great singer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Remember in the 90s it was easy to find a job and get trained to do it?  

Nowadays, jobs have a big laundry list of requirements. They still receive 100 applications. Some lie and embellish to get their foot in the door.  Maybe they can fake it through an interview. Can’t hack it on the job or not a good fit.  HR decides maybe they need to hire someone with even more years of “experience.” Rinse and repeat.

There’s a common problem in IT where you need x years of experience with a tool. But sometimes the tool has been around for less than that amount of years.  Sometimes even the maker of that tool can’t qualify for the demands of these HR departments!  Your application will also probably get lost in the maze of auto-screening programs or AI.  At this point it’s 90% who you know and they’ll push you through the system.

• Like 4

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies