Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

New irons have arrived, maybe get a round in Thursday morning. Hoping for good things, well really hoping for a better swing and the rest will follow.

• Like 4

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

25 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

New irons have arrived, maybe get a round in Thursday morning. Hoping for good things, well really hoping for a better swing and the rest will follow.

Did you get the callys?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Posted (edited)

We had a Pyrenees and we only heard them on the island behind the house.  When she was gone we would see them in the yard.  Now we have a Newfie and we don’t see the coyotes too often.  The foxes still run along the river bank to get to the hen houses at the neighboring farm.

Our zoning isn’t too great.  We have a lumber yard down the street with a lot of old logs that house skunks and I would think foxes as well bc they are always coming from that direction empty mouthed and then running back that way with a chicken 20 minutes later.

Its a great place to live though.

Edit: loved that stubborn pyrenees though. Would chase heron, throw beavers around when they would venture up the bank.  Wandered all over the neighborhood.  Barked like no one’s business.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, bladehunter said:

We have tons of coyotes.  But we never see them.  Once we got the Great Pyrenees their howls never came close again.  I take some of their hair clippings and tie them up in a mesh bag .  And place several hundred yards away for scent.   It’s worked for years.  But let a siren come by and you can hear what sounds like hundreds of the things just over the ridge. Dumbest thing the DNR ever did was reintroduce them “ to control the deer population “ …

As we both know those that run DNR in this state are not the sharpest knives in the box. I am not being negative on those officers on the front line either.

A few years back just up the road from me in Surfside Beach they had a big Coyote problem in the dog walk park. They had to get a DNR licensed trapper to trap and get them out. Now supposedly in the park where I live they have been spotted even though I have not seen one. Big Boy likes to go out around 5 AM in our yard to do his business. I am not taking any chances on 4 legged or 2 legged predators I make no bones about it I pack heat.

Supposedly they have been sighted at my course in backyards since they cleared the wooded area on #14 for more houses. 

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

8 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

i guess all jobs are getting to be thankless now. nobody likes the police until they need one.

parts makers, the companies that ship them, the distributors are all making money. the last guy in line is squeezed.

supply and demand is no longer the weather vane for consumer goods prices. we’re in a period of extraordinary greed. profit margins have never been higher. i don’t see any empty shelves.

consolidation in the food industry is a perfect example. i think 4 companies control 86% of the usa meat industry now, which they divvy up by region. the ranchers get screwed and the consumer gets screwed. they have enough to ship around the world at prices lower than the domestic market.

the exports cover all the overhead, we’re the gravy.

"Extraordinary greed," I think, is the key.   It seems like nobody is happy just making a fair profit.  The consumer has to be bent over and totally sodomized or somebody isn't doing their job.  99% is not enough for the 1% anymore.   

• Like 3

@BIG STU   Bud moores race shop burnt down.  Pretty terrible news . So many famous cars came out of that shop.  

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news/massive-fire-breaks-out-in-spartanburg/amp/ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Bros.   Go to YouTube and search “ bobo bojangles”.  And listen to the song that pops up. “ I think I just _____ in my pants “.  🤨.  Afraid to link it here , the word police might frown.  

What in gods green earth was going on at that time ? Who makes a song about that ?? 

• Haha 4

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

1 hour ago, bladehunter said:

Only a few companies now control all the brands. They screw up quality in their quest to buy a name , then cut corners while selling under that name , to extract profit. V

Happening in raw materials too. The two big vendors I buy from now are owned by one P. E. firm. The mills are bought & consolidated too. This happens in Europe too.

One of the most celebrated investors in our culture, does nothing but buy great brands and basically ruins them with their spreadsheet autocracy. 

The local pharmacy was massacred by national chains, you now go there to get gouged for everything. They treat their pharmacy staff like crud too. The donut chain that everyone gets running with makes the worst donut on the planet. 

My daughter did door dashery, when you break down what is paid and what you spend on driving a car, it's a ripoff to the worker.

The only justice is you don't buy. Because the institutions that are supposed to watch out for this is owned & controlled by investor class. Because every pension relies on a return to keep pension liabilities afloat. There's confliction everywhere. People love seeing their 401K grow. People love having a package dropped off next day from world's largest superstore. But in the end, you are just feeding a beast that has no taming or boundaries. Honest have no idea how to "repair " these trends that have been going on for decades. I just watch who I hand my money to.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

Man.  That’s gold.  I mean gold.  I’ve said this for eons.  Bite them back !  They’ll stop their passive aggressive 🐂 shat. Almost 100 % of the time.  

But I Swanee these days you have to do it so often.  I just had to go rounds with a guy yesterday about his arbitrary time frames.  He tries to impose them on me , as a negotiating tactic. I give a quote and he says “ ok. But I want it by June 1st “. I immediately said “ it will be done when it’s done. I don’t paint until it’s ready.  It’s impossible to guess at what’s under there hiding “. He frowns. I say “ I’m sure somebody else will bring it to you by June 1st if you pay more “. He says “ ok 2bd week in June “.  I say “ you’re not listening “ and I turned from him and walked towards the door “.     He finally says “ ok. Do the best you can “.     I said “ that’s what I said I’d do to begin with “. 

that exchange infuriates me.  I don’t know why.  But it truly makes me want to not work for him or his type. he’s asserting that my work isn’t worth the price unless it’s also fast.  Blank fast.  I stopped attempting fast a long time ago. Now I am after less rework , and more perfection.  Takes some time.  I think I also irritated me because I have never ever acted that way when trying to get some one to  do work for me.  I had this same man pull his phone out and attempt to film me saying “ done by ( insert date “.   He doesn’t know how close he came go having to buy a phone.  In my book that’s the same as calling me a liar.  Be ready if you’re within reach. 🤣 

i probably should get off this soapbox.  It’s track region championship day 1 tonight !   And I’m all jacked up !!  

• Like 2

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

magerial

9 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

He wants to become a surgeon. But is deathly afraid of healthcare imploding via pei firms Or governmental takeover. Imagine going to school till you’re 26-27 or longer to make $50k.  There has to be a way to stop this wholesale investment. While keeping a free market.  

I hear you.There's good to it , there's bad also and on some level it cannot be perfect but there needs a gravitational move towards a better place and I have yet to see that.

My daughter despises nursing in large part because how big health is managed these days. Very corporatist.Wanted to be nurse since five. Got there. Top of her class too. She hates how she is treated by management. My other one, has BS in neuroscience, wanted to go into research. She is now very turned off by the politics & grant money angle of it. I want to live in free place where billionaires happen, I just don't want their influence to go up a billion percent.

I have my own conflictions with life & work I do, do DoD work, not very happy with much what happened around the world, but my solace is my main competitor is NYSE listed and has a plant in India. So I'm fighting "the man" on legit competitive basis. If there was a world where aircraft carriers & bases aren't needed I would be happy to cut lawns. I love Costco, love eBay too. But yeah, the death of mom & pop enterprise is culture killer. Love the library of music I can download but it's destroyed the greatest artistic contribution our culture gave the world, and much of the rights to that is now owned by P.E. Change is driven by it's benefits but we too often ignore the shadow of destruction that comes with it and we brush aside the long term net yield of it all..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bladehunter said:

@BIG STU   Bud moores race shop burnt down.  Pretty terrible news . So many famous cars came out of that shop.  

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news/massive-fire-breaks-out-in-spartanburg/amp/ 

Thanks for posting. I saw it on one of my feeds early this morning. Sad-- Lots of history connected to that place cars and drivers. I guess Clements is the only one of the old school shops left because Cotton's shop burned down about 10 years ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Bros.   Go to YouTube and search “ bobo bojangles”.  And listen to the song that pops up. “ I think I just _____ in my pants “.  🤨.  Afraid to link it here , the word police might frown.  

What in gods green earth was going on at that time ? Who makes a song about that ?? 

Where do you come up with this stuff at? Yeah I just about did that laughing. And what makes it super funny is the time period it was recorded

2 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Omg could ya put a warning?!

I clicked on it just as I was eating lunch 🤣

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Man.  That’s gold.  I mean gold.  I’ve said this for eons.  Bite them back !  They’ll stop their passive aggressive 🐂 shat. Almost 100 % of the time.  

But I Swanee these days you have to do it so often.  I just had to go rounds with a guy yesterday about his arbitrary time frames.  He tries to impose them on me , as a negotiating tactic. I give a quote and he says “ ok. But I want it by June 1st “. I immediately said “ it will be done when it’s done. I don’t paint until it’s ready.  It’s impossible to guess at what’s under there hiding “. He frowns. I say “ I’m sure somebody else will bring it to you by June 1st if you pay more “. He says “ ok 2bd week in June “.  I say “ you’re not listening “ and I turned from him and walked towards the door “.     He finally says “ ok. Do the best you can “.     I said “ that’s what I said I’d do to begin with “. 

that exchange infuriates me.  I don’t know why.  But it truly makes me want to not work for him or his type. he’s asserting that my work isn’t worth the price unless it’s also fast.  Blank fast.  I stopped attempting fast a long time ago. Now I am after less rework , and more perfection.  Takes some time.  I think I also irritated me because I have never ever acted that way when trying to get some one to  do work for me.  I had this same man pull his phone out and attempt to film me saying “ done by ( insert date “.   He doesn’t know how close he came go having to buy a phone.  In my book that’s the same as calling me a liar.  Be ready if you’re within reach. 🤣 

i probably should get off this soapbox.  It’s track region championship day 1 tonight !   And I’m all jacked up !!  

You can have it fast. You can have it good. You can have it cheap.  Pick two, you can't have all three.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Wholeheartedly agree.  I try very hard to spend locally. But I swear to you. It’s becoming impossible.  I bought paint from the same man for 13 years. “ Harold “. If Harold’s paint supply.  He was probably born in 1940-45 ish.  Had one daughter. She married a guy who ended up being the manager of the paint store. Nice guy.  So when Harold retired he sells the store to his daughter and son in law , they run it for 3 more years.  Then all of the sudden a pei firm/brand shows up and buys them out.   They take the store from my town. Move it to a centralized location between me and Greenville , and reopen in a new building.  So now I have to drive 40 minutes in traffic.  To a store with a teenage girl running the counter. And try to explain to her what I want. I’m training her as I go.  I did this for 2 years.  And then that girl left and a teenage boy arrived. He was beyond training.  I eventually got fed up and went to a mom and pop that sold matrix in the other direction.  An hour ride.  Then the aforementioned buy out of matrix by valspar.  It’s never ending.  You’ll buy from the big box. And like it.  Except I hate it.  The service , pricing , and just whole vibe of learning from Harold’s store is something lll never forget.  And doubt  I’ll ever see again. You’d walk in.  Grab a coffee from the pot. Sit on a stool and wait your turn. While listening to the breeze being shot. You’d get your turn. Say once what you wanted. And watch him mix it. And put it all in a box , with free cups , strainers and stir sticks. Pay up , and be on your way. You’d be gone before the coffe cup was dry.  And you’d have a smile on your face when you left. 

now. I frown all day. Buy  my own coffee and have to drive half the morning just to do it. I guess I should be glad I witnessed some of the good old days. I’m sad that my son won’t see them.  He’s seriously conflicted about his future endeavors.  He wants to become a surgeon. But is deathly afraid of healthcare imploding via pei firms Or governmental takeover. Imagine going to school till you’re 26-27 or longer to make $50k.  There has to be a way to stop this wholesale investment. While keeping a free market.  

That paint store reminds me of the old Cherokee Auto Parts in Gaffney. Go up there and tell them what you need. Most of the time they did not have to look it up. Yep you could get a cup of coffee out of the urn or a free Pepsi. From what I learned they guy who owned it passed after I moved here. His kids had no interest. In fact a guy I know has his fab shop in there. Note I have a piece of history from that place. You remember the old Hi Tach lube demos with the gears? He had a couple that had been on the counter for 20 years or more. This was in like 98. I was in there and the rep brought in 2 new ones. I scarfed one of the old ones and have it to this day in the living room of the house. No telling how many people I knew and did not know played with that thing.

Another small time merchant story. Up in Surfside Beach we had a family owned Hardware store. IMHO a real hardware store. Had everything you needed and no Taiwan junk either. The owner named Tommy was the 2nd generation owner. When we had the golf shop we were messing around with some Bobby Grace tour issue putters. They used different Allen set screws for weight. Of course he had those. I went up there one day and was looking and wondering about weights. Tommy produced a gram scale and gave me some clear plastic bags and a marker to mark them. Now he did not know squat about golf but understood what I was doing. Yeah he did all of that for the less than $10 I spent total on the screws. He ended up selling the property because it was prime real estate. He told me he got offered more than he could net in 10 years running it as a store. Besides he had a huge family farm about 45 miles up the road and he could take care of his family farm hunt and fish.

• Like 2

Some people have no idea about fine craftsmanship. I have been in this week with some kind of bug so I have watched TV. I watch Motor Trend TV quite a bit. One guy had a VW the customer wanted restored. Actually it looked ok to my eye. When they media blasted it that VW had the smoothness of a bag of walnuts and full of Bondo. Of course they heated and reformed the panels the correct way.

You handle things better than I do that guy would have been going to the hospital to get the phone removed out of you know where