2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Milk carton city again tonight. I guess I'll go play on the bay.

That's just because tonight was Vladdy Guerrero Jr.'s MLB debut!

[https://sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/drury-belts-walkoff-homer-give-blue-jays-win-guerreros-debut/](https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/drury-belts-walkoff-homer-give-blue-jays-win-guerreros-debut/ "https://sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/drury-belts-walkoff-homer-give-blue-jays-win-guerreros-debut/")

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@Reasonability ; glad to hear that your grandson is doing well after the procedure. :smile:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

8 team invitational track meet 40 miles from home, just got in.

Sixty,

Thanks for the custom T-shirt ( or is it a tee shirt) I am honored you took the time to design it for my health and well being. People would totally wear that thing!

Reason,

Glad things went well for your Grandson.

Tired need sleep, good night all

• Like 2

Out early this morning, local store had a special on microwaves, flat bed inverter type. $150 half normal price for the size and power. Perculiar watching it work and nothing is rotating less power usage and also takes less time to heat things up.

Removed it from box and it was damaged, back to store, their policy is change anything without any fuss, walked in with damaged one picked up another from display down to checkout 15 secs later walking out the door with another which was not damaged.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @BicknellCC said:

> 8 team invitational track meet 40 miles from home, just got in.

> Sixty,

> Thanks for the custom T-shirt ( or is it a tee shirt) I am honored you took the time to design it for my health and well being. People would totally wear that thing!

> Reason,

> Glad things went well for your Grandson.

> Tired need sleep, good night all

Did you win, running that is

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > 8 team invitational track meet 40 miles from home, just got in.

> > Sixty,

> > Thanks for the custom T-shirt ( or is it a tee shirt) I am honored you took the time to design it for my health and well being. People would totally wear that thing!

> > Reason,

> > Glad things went well for your Grandson.

> > Tired need sleep, good night all

>

> Did you win, running that is

At 58 years old I have retired from competitive running. I only pole vault now. :)

My daughter is a freshman on her high school team. She did take first in the 100 hurdles, as a team we finished 3rd.

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @BicknellCC said:

> > > 8 team invitational track meet 40 miles from home, just got in.

> > > Sixty,

> > > Thanks for the custom T-shirt ( or is it a tee shirt) I am honored you took the time to design it for my health and well being. People would totally wear that thing!

> > > Reason,

> > > Glad things went well for your Grandson.

> > > Tired need sleep, good night all

> >

> > Did you win, running that is

>

> **At 58 years old I have retired from competitive running. I only pole vault now.** :)

> My daughter is a freshman on her high school team. She did take first in the 100 hurdles, as a team we finished 3rd.

And this is a step down on the difficulty scale??? :astonished:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Wouldn't you like to just...

> hhzkffo5k75g.jpg

>

Not sure when I'm going to get out for my first round. The weather this week id not promising.

Furthermore and of more signifigance our property if now sold as of last night. It was difficult, but all parties agreed to make allowances to complete the deal. We are now looking for a new place, so that is going to be first priority. It's going to be a whirlwind over the next three months!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Wouldn't you like to just...

> > hhzkffo5k75g.jpg

> >

>

> Not sure when I'm going to get out for my first round. The weather this week id not promising.

>

> Furthermore and of more signifigance our property if now sold as of last night. It was difficult, but all parties agreed to make allowances to complete the deal. We are now looking for a new place, so that is going to be first priority. It's going to be a whirlwind over the next three months!

Congrats on getting your place sold Sco. Let the next adventure begin.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > hhzkffo5k75g.jpg

> >

>

> Not sure when I'm going to get out for my first round. The weather this week id not promising.

>

> Furthermore and of more signifigance our property if now sold as of last night. It was difficult, but all parties agreed to make allowances to complete the deal. We are now looking for a new place, so that is going to be first priority. It's going to be a whirlwind over the next three months!

Well done on the sale, now the interesting bit, how large will the new place be, can we fit everything in, if not what goes, do we sell it or donate it. Been there a few times, to date all of our worldly goods managed to fit. Happy for you being able to negotiate a compromise its trying to make yourself not appear desperate for the sale.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Talking about the weather Sco, I thought I would go to the range and see what hitting some shots in bad weather might be like, my DW being game for anything took me. Got all dressed up for who knows what, got blown around, not good for bad balance anyway. At first it was just the windy part, and as I was about to hit my driver it began raining, and from there it was all down hill ... I did finish the bucket on behalf of all the Grillsters! DW made hot chocolate here at home, love her. Still wanna play in Ireland some day :)

p5hh1ntjtmas.png

elxo4z2kye8w.png

• Like 2

Peddling fast to catch up again. Good to see the food, golf and quality conversation is all in order. Especially good to hear that Mrs. Tol and Lil Judge Reasey are on the mend. Good also to see some of you getting out on the green grass.

Yesterday I drove to Walla Walla and played in an annual benefit scramble tournament. Beautiful day with Dogwoods and Redbuds and all kinds of blooming trees at their peak. We put up a respectful eight under with the blemish of one bogey on the card. Our youngest team member is 62. I hit driver very well for our team and made a 45 ft. bomb on the last for birdie. Low back has been acting up but I loaded up on vitamin A (Advil) and did ok. My daughter #4 had a cancelation in her schedule on Wed. evening and gave me the spot for a much needed massage. Wow that kid has strong hands!

The Dogwood festival and Art Under the Elms is happening this weekend. I'm off to see some show and shine cars and get a Gyro sandwich at one of the food trucks. Maybe splurge for some Huckleberry Ice cream.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

The day is finally here, dry, no wind. So we drain the post holes, only the first three did not want to tempt fate by getting them all ready. Put first three posts in place concrete in trolling off you nice finish and I stepped back to admire our handy work. Forgot the other post holes behind me and stepped into a two foot deep hole full of water, not a good feel, not a good look. Son finished off the smoothing whilst I went in to change shoes, socks, and shorts. Two more to do after lunch when rapid set concrete is stable. The good thing is there will be no further holes to step in. ?

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> Peddling fast to catch up again. Good to see the food, golf and quality conversation is all in order. Especially good to hear that Mrs. Tol and Lil Judge Reasey are on the mend. Good also to see some of you getting out on the green grass.

>

> Yesterday I drove to Walla Walla and played in an annual benefit scramble tournament. Beautiful day with Dogwoods and Redbuds and all kinds of blooming trees at their peak. We put up a respectful eight under with the blemish of one bogey on the card. Our youngest team member is 62. I hit driver very well for our team and made a 45 ft. bomb on the last for birdie. Low back has been acting up but I loaded up on vitamin A (Advil) and did ok. My daughter #4 had a cancelation in her schedule on Wed. evening and gave me the spot for a much needed massage. Wow that kid has strong hands!

>

> The Dogwood festival and Art Under the Elms is happening this weekend. I'm off to see some show and shine cars and get a Gyro sandwich at one of the food trucks. Maybe splurge for some Huckleberry Ice cream.

Plenty of out and about for Scotee, obviously practicing for retirement.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The top is a bear...blind shots,lots of really steep hills...

the lower is a nice set-up with water carry on 4 holes. They need people to play the course. They have lost a lot of members the last couple years due to raising their membership fees. I think they may have learned a lesson ! Good price, huh? They say it will be there all year.z76oxdg4ll7r.jpg

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> The top is a bear...blind shots,lots of really steep hills...

> the lower is a nice set-up with water carry on 4 holes. They need people to play the course. They have lost a lot of members the last couple years due to raising their membership fees. I think they may have learned a lesson ! Good price, huh? They say it will be there all year.z76oxdg4ll7r.jpg

>

Can’t remember the exact numbers now but five or so years ago my local club called a meeting half way through the financial year to tell us they were in financial trouble, this was the same committee that sunk thousands of dollars they could not afford into a software system for the club. The message was, this week you will all be charged a surcharge to be paid within two weeks, if you do not pay it your membership and playing rights will be suspended immediately, I told them see you with my legal rep if you try that, the resolution was passed by a very small majority. That week, one third of fully paid up members cancelled their membership and moved to other clubs, I did not renew my membership at the years end and they did not enforce the non playing clause. When I tried to join again a year later I was told I still had to pay the surcharge so I did not join along with another third of members. They went from a full Saturday and Sunday comp list to a max on 40 players per day, shortly after I was contacted and told the surcharge was cancelled so I rejoined.

I realise these men and ladies work for the club for nothing usually, but there is a responsibility even if it is a non paid role, we all like to be in charge but common sense should always be prevalent, unfortunately the position sometimes goes to the head and common sense dissapears

The main problem was not the surcharge as it was not extortionate but the way they tried to collect it pay or else, if they had approached it in a different manner I would have paid along with many others. The committee was ousted to a man that year as they made the club almost bankrupt by their actions, it was saved by a new committee that reorganised many aspects of the proshop and other money making ventures. Even today the club had not fully recovered, you can now play social on Monday and Friday, just turn up and there is always a spot, back in the day it was always book a place.

As with many others approach something in the correct way and I will be in, dictate and my hackles go up and immediately say no. Except in the Grille of course and there the answer is always yes.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

So back out after lunch first three posts are secure, concrete has gone off, rapid set is good to work with. Last two holes pumped out posts in place concrete in wedges in place to hold it steady overnight, job done only plants to place later in the week when the concrete is cured.

Only a few scratches and bruises from my fall into the hole, all good ready for the next DW instruction.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Wouldn't you like to just...

> hhzkffo5k75g.jpg

>

Bump and run or belly wedge

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @billh17 said:

> The top is a bear...blind shots,lots of really steep hills...

> the lower is a nice set-up with water carry on 4 holes. They need people to play the course. They have lost a lot of members the last couple years due to raising their membership fees. I think they may have learned a lesson ! Good price, huh? They say it will be there all year.z76oxdg4ll7r.jpg

>

That is one heck of a deal for a whole 4 some since all the courses here are charging between $70 and $90 per player on the motel packages. And yes it is crowded. Our bunch even though we are members could hardly get any decent tee times on any of the 21 courses our group owns. Heck I could not even get a late tee time at the course I am a member at. They had split teed and the turn groups had not made the turn at 5:00 yesterday afternoon. Yep it is that crowded. I did hit on the range some and snuck out at 7:00 on the front side and played 3 holes. As usual this time of the year they are forsaking the members and locals for the high paying tourist dollar rounds. In a month or so they will be begging for play especially in May when the 2 bike weeks run. Like I told Rad a while back we are wanting the hell off this beach ASAP. That may come at the end of this year when I plan to retire. The wife officially retired last Monday. I want to retire somewhere away from all the tourist crap and go somewhere where it is not crowded and find some muni type course to play

• Like 1

I apologize as I have been busy lately have a lot going on with the Wife retiring and I have been busy at work. Done told them they need to find someone to replace me because I am outta there the last of September. The Mini Bulldog Dakota finally died last week and this time I think it is terminal. Got a deep knock in the bottom end of the engine. I am not putting any more money into it. Been a good one for 12 years so no regrets. Still runs but sounds like 100 little men in the oil pan beating with hammers.

Have not played much golf because the courses and roads have been crowded. Did sneak in 9 last Sunday afternoon late and 3 holes yesterday late. Bear and them have been able up until this week to get tee times but 5 hour rounds around a bunch of drunk obnoxious tourons aint my cup of tee for fun.

Reasy glad your grandson is ok from his surgery.

On the equipment side Reasy will love this----- I switched back to my old SS Zing 2 that I have had for 28 years now--- The little bit I have played and practiced seems the old magic is back--- Next weekend I do have the annual scramble that is company related I play in every year. Will more than likely be the last one since I plan on retiring in Sept and moving outta here. Will kinda be bittersweet since I have played in it every year it has been played 10 years now. Gotta start getting ready for church I am back in the sound booth again but for a different church that is going through some changes. They just got a new Pastor that starts this week so here I am again starting with a new church and new pastor.

• Like 1

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > hhzkffo5k75g.jpg

> >

>

>

Congratulations on the sale. I dread the thought of moving. Don't know what will transpire. I really don't think our house will sell, unless we literally give it away. Wealthy people don't want a place like ours; poor people don't have the money. Just flippers and capitalists will try to buy it for a song. A house inspection will find a million things wrong, just like my aunt's place ( a really nice, well kept house), and as the realtor said, "It's your responsibility to repair it." A lot of nitpicking, let's get as much as we can from these people. Attitude of buyers and realtors. That's why I won't consider buying another place, unless the present one is sold. Two places just sweetens the pot for the buyer.

Dread also the thought of cleaning out the place. Decades of stuff, basically worth nothing, unless YOU wanted to buy it. Then, it's valuable antiques, etc.

Missus is dragging her feet. Talks about selling, nothing really done. I keep my mouth shut.

• Like 1

Wriggs, I understand completely what you're talking about. I am in the same position. Lived here since 94 or so. Have sunk a ton of money and sweat into this place,and i know i will

never get it all back. I dislike Realtors with their fake" i'm here to look out for your interests"

crap. They are here for one reason only,and thats a commission check. DW keeps talking about

moving,but with her current situation it will be awhile. I hope.

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

We were at a church supper last night and it doesn't take long for the word to spread. It's funny, but I don't really want to talk about it so I'm not telling anyone unless they bring it up first. I think that's strange and yet it avoids the inevitable conversation about leaving the community which I was faced with when I first got there when a friend said to me that we're going to be losing you. I told him no, that we intended to continue to attend and he just shook his head back and forth intuitively knowing that we are leaving. That's going to be the really difficult conversation...

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sorry for turning this into multiple posts...

Our choir master moved from her long time family home about four years ago to a community about an half hour away. She moved to that area as it was equidistant between her two daughters. Similar to the idea my DW has about where we are going to end up as it would be roughlt equidistant between her brother and #1 son and DIL without being any longer to drive to work.

Our choir master is up here in this community more frequently than she is out and about where she moved to. She said that she isn't making any friends there because she's never there as all of her friends and activities are still in this community. That's a tough one and I wonder if that will be the fate that awaits us without making a conscious effort to integrate into the new community.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @"BIG STU" said:

> I apologize as I have been busy lately have a lot going on with the Wife retiring and I have been busy at work. Done told them they need to find someone to replace me because I am outta there the last of September. The Mini Bulldog Dakota finally died last week and this time I think it is terminal. Got a deep knock in the bottom end of the engine. I am not putting any more money into it. Been a good one for 12 years so no regrets. Still runs but sounds like 100 little men in the oil pan beating with hammers.

>

Now that is funny...

Also, I had Zings, wish I still had them

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Tuesday first league night and thunderstorms are predicted. Guess that means the grass will get that much greener, so there's always some good in everything.

It won't take long for things to get carried away here. I haven't had a grass cutting yet and it looks like that won't being happening in the coming week either with the weather forecast. Fortunately the golf course is completely cut, including the rough so they will have a bit of leeway to deal with extended wet weather. This is shaping up to the exact sort of spring where you lose balls in the middle of the fairway...

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)