2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

------------------------------------

There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

We have multitudes of them too as they are our state bird. I love to listen to their sounds. They change as the year goes on. Once in a while a cardinal and a blue jay will land in the same bush in the back yard in the early spring when there is still a bit of snow in the background, and the bush isn't quite filled in yet, what a beautiful site...

• Like 1

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

>

> We have multitudes of them too as they are our state bird. I love to listen to their sounds. They change as the year goes on. Once in a while a cardinal and a blue jay will land in the same bush in the back yard in the early spring when there is still a bit of snow in the background, and the bush isn't quite filled in yet, what a beautiful site...

We have several species of birds in our garden but two in particular are very noisy. The kookaburra which is a good snake catcher, they bash them against a tree branch then devour them, and they are really noisy and the yellow crested cockatoos who are extreemly noisy and also eat all the figs off the tree, that don’t really eat them they take a bite out of one then move onto the next one. They fight amongst themselves constantly. One of DWs favourite things is sitting on a tree stump at the bottom of our garden watching and listening to the birds in the Forrest.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

> >

> > We have multitudes of them too as they are our state bird. I love to listen to their sounds. They change as the year goes on. Once in a while a cardinal and a blue jay will land in the same bush in the back yard in the early spring when there is still a bit of snow in the background, and the bush isn't quite filled in yet, what a beautiful site...

>

> We have several species of birds in our garden but two in particular are very noisy. The kookaburra which is a good snake catcher, they bash them against a tree branch then devour them, and they are really noisy and the yellow crested cockatoos who are extreemly noisy and also eat all the figs off the tree, that don’t really eat them they take a bite out of one then move onto the next one. They fight amongst themselves constantly. One of DWs favourite things is sitting on a tree stump at the bottom of our garden watching and listening to the birds in the Forrest.

You also have cockatiels am I right? We had one for a pet once, it was a terrific bird. I really am not a fan of caging an animal for a pet but it was a fun bird with quite the personality, and learned to do so many things, could sing songs and do funny things.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

> > > >

> > > > ------------------------------------

> > > >

> > > > There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

> > >

> > > We have multitudes of them too as they are our state bird. I love to listen to their sounds. They change as the year goes on. Once in a while a cardinal and a blue jay will land in the same bush in the back yard in the early spring when there is still a bit of snow in the background, and the bush isn't quite filled in yet, what a beautiful site...

> >

> > We have several species of birds in our garden but two in particular are very noisy. The kookaburra which is a good snake catcher, they bash them against a tree branch then devour them, and they are really noisy and the yellow crested cockatoos who are extreemly noisy and also eat all the figs off the tree, that don’t really eat them they take a bite out of one then move onto the next one. They fight amongst themselves constantly. One of DWs favourite things is sitting on a tree stump at the bottom of our garden watching and listening to the birds in the Forrest.

> You also have cockatiels am I right? We had one for a pet once, it was a terrific bird. I really am not a fan of caging an animal for a pet but it was a fun bird with quite the personality, and learned to do so many things, could sing songs and do funny things.

>

Yes we do have them locally but not many, don’t see them very often too many other species around that can be aggressive, crows magpies and wagtails all are very territorial.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

>

> ------------------------------------

>

> There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

Yep I have a lot of tools too 3 roll around cabinets of them. The one big box over in the storage unit has all my heavy duty Diesel tools including 3/4 and 1 " air wrenches. In fact that box is so big and heavy you need a rollback wrecker to move them. Yep I have nuts and bolts coming out my ears too. In that box I easily have 40K invested good stuff too. I tried to sell the stuff and no one wants to give you anything for it. A guy offered me 10k for all that stuff a few years back. Heck I have 7K alone in just the boxes without tools. So it sits. When I finally retire I may rent me some bottles for my torch heads and cut all the tools up and scrap them.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

@"BIG STU" , I've come to the conclusion that I'd just as soon give this tuff away as sell it for next to nothing. WE've got a couple of shipping boxes of fine bone porcelain tea cups that my mother collected. 25 years ago when we sold the contents of her house they were worth something, but today no one wants them other than crafters who will repurpose them into candles. I just found out today that a mutual friend is planning on opening a tea room in her retirement, so we decided that we will donate these tea cups to her for that purpose. At least they will be used as intended and perhaps a few old grannies will appreciate what they're drinking their afternoon tea out of.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> @"BIG STU" , I've come to the conclusion that I'd just as soon give this tuff away as sell it for next to nothing. WE've got a couple of shipping boxes of fine bone porcelain tea cups that my mother collected. 25 years ago when we sold the contents of her house they were worth something, but today no one wants them other than crafters who will repurpose them into candles. I just found out today that a mutual friend is planning on opening a tea room in her retirement, so we decided that we will donate these tea cups to her for that purpose. At least they will be used as intended and perhaps a few old grannies will appreciate what they're drinking their afternoon tea out of.

Never had anything from my parents as we were in Australia and all the others in the UK and as is normal there was a scramble for it all. When my Wife’s mother passed away she was living close to us in Australia and we still have many of her things, including tea cups etc. it’s difficult to get rid of them.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

> >

> > ------------------------------------

> >

> > There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

>

> Yep I have a lot of tools too 3 roll around cabinets of them. The one big box over in the storage unit has all my heavy duty Diesel tools including 3/4 and 1 " air wrenches. In fact that box is so big and heavy you need a rollback wrecker to move them. Yep I have nuts and bolts coming out my ears too. In that box I easily have 40K invested good stuff too. I tried to sell the stuff and no one wants to give you anything for it. A guy offered me 10k for all that stuff a few years back. Heck I have 7K alone in just the boxes without tools. So it sits. When I finally retire I may rent me some bottles for my torch heads and cut all the tools up and scrap them.

I gave many things away and regretted every one over time, it’s nice to be able to think “I have one of those” when you need one, learned my lesson with the move when I gave it all away, In retirement it’s good to be able to scrub around in the shed and find stuff you need, someone else can have the job of getting rid of it, but knowing the way my son it turning out he will keep it all.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > I have a lot of tools too. Far more than I will ever use, especially of the heavy duty variety for repairing heavy equipment. In the initial stages of clean up going back to last fall a perfectly good bench grinder got thrown out. I wasn't impressed, but that wasn't the only good thing I'm without now. The flip side is that i've got nuts and bolts coming out my ears that are probably only worth scrap. Not sure how much I will take and how much I will throw out.

> > >

> > > ------------------------------------

> > >

> > > There are a colony of Cardinals that have decided to make home in a few of our white pines. There have always been a few of these colourful birds around here, but I don't recal quite so many as this year. I'm being serenaded with their cheep, cheep, cheep this morning while the females work dillengently at nest building/repair.

> >

> > Yep I have a lot of tools too 3 roll around cabinets of them. The one big box over in the storage unit has all my heavy duty Diesel tools including 3/4 and 1 " air wrenches. In fact that box is so big and heavy you need a rollback wrecker to move them. Yep I have nuts and bolts coming out my ears too. In that box I easily have 40K invested good stuff too. I tried to sell the stuff and no one wants to give you anything for it. A guy offered me 10k for all that stuff a few years back. Heck I have 7K alone in just the boxes without tools. So it sits. When I finally retire I may rent me some bottles for my torch heads and cut all the tools up and scrap them.

>

> I gave many things away and regretted every one over time, it’s nice to be able to think “I have one of those” when you need one, learned my lesson with the move when I gave it all away, In retirement it’s good to be able to scrub around in the shed and find stuff you need, someone else can have the job of getting rid of it, but knowing the way my son it turning out he will keep it all.

You and I are different in that regard @tolmij . I have had crap thrust upon me by well meaning relatives most of my life. Such is the way of things when my parents grew up during the Great Depression and their parents lived through two World Wars. In fact, we're still ridding ourselves of this stuff after 35 years of marriage. Today I tossed a couple of boxes of my grandmother's china dishes that had been wrapped in newsprint for over 30 years and never saw the light of day! We are not subjecting our children to the unenviable task of disposing of belongings that we don't even use once we are no longer able to do the job ourselves. We finally got smart when my MIL died and we ordered in an 18 yard dumpster and filled it to overflowing with the house contents. The good stuff got donated to Habitat for Humanity and the rest went to landfill.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Gardening this PM, son on mower me on line trimmer, the problem is I only do around 45 mins at a time because it completely stuffs my hand that is missing a finger, the hand and arm do not function, the hand locks up and will not move. So frustrating because otherwise I am quite able to carry on for a long time. The other problem is I was screwed by the doctors that determined my compensation, and when they make a determination you cannot go back for more, so if as in my case they make a mistake, tough. Anyway, I am now unable to paint for the rest of the day which really pees me off.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

First fire of the year today, it was 54 overnight, that is cold for us, up to 75 during the day so for now overnight fire for a warm start to the day.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood,

A neighbourly day in the beauty wood,

Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

Would you be my neighbour?

I actually feel pretty darn good today considering what I've been through the past two days. Do I dare to head up to the golf course this morning and give it a go? Today will be the only decent day this week for golf and I don't even have anything else I need to be doing. Decisions, decisions... :confused:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood,

> A neighbourly day in the beauty wood,

> Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

> Would you be my neighbour?

>

> I actually feel pretty darn good today considering what I've been through the past two days. Do I dare to head up to the golf course this morning and give it a go? Today will be the only decent day this week for golf and I don't even have anything else I need to be doing. Decisions, decisions... :confused:

One of those days Sco when doing what you fancy is the right way to go.??‍♂️??‍♂️?‍♂️???‍♂️?????

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood,

> > A neighbourly day in the beauty wood,

> > Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

> > Would you be my neighbour?

> >

> > I actually feel pretty darn good today considering what I've been through the past two days. Do I dare to head up to the golf course this morning and give it a go? Today will be the only decent day this week for golf and I don't even have anything else I need to be doing. Decisions, decisions... :confused:

>

> One of those days Sco when doing what you fancy is the right way to go.??‍♂️??‍♂️?‍♂️???‍♂️?????

I suppose. I guess I can blame you then, can I tol? :lol:

I was already on the road when you responded so I suppose that's a bit unfair of me. At any rate, I did show up much to the surprise of everyone in my men's league. I think the first group was already off by the time i got there so I kinda threw a spanner in the works with the groupings. Things got rearranged and they stuck me with two new guys which was fair enough. Ram and Bob live in the same seniors building and they joined the group last year when I wasn't playing.

I was terrible. I got off the tee okay, but after that I had nothing. No iron game. No short game. No putting touch. The worst score I carded in probably five years and boy was I glad when it was over! I was okay for about five holes and then I began to tighten up a bit and found myself continually trying to stretch as I awaited my turn.

I did a bit of yoga in the clubhouse when I finished and then came home stopping for a quick shop at the grocery store. I'm icing at the moment and then will soak in a hot shower a bit later.

All I wanted to do was play and now that it's over I ask myself what the point of that was? It was a glorious day too with a high of 26°C when I left the course. It'll get better; right? :confounded:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> @"BIG STU" , I've come to the conclusion that I'd just as soon give this tuff away as sell it for next to nothing. WE've got a couple of shipping boxes of fine bone porcelain tea cups that my mother collected. 25 years ago when we sold the contents of her house they were worth something, but today no one wants them other than crafters who will repurpose them into candles. I just found out today that a mutual friend is planning on opening a tea room in her retirement, so we decided that we will donate these tea cups to her for that purpose. At least they will be used as intended and perhaps a few old grannies will appreciate what they're drinking their afternoon tea out of.

I like what you are saying in your case--- Now I would be willing to give away or sell at a reduced rate to some young guy say with a young family just getting started in the business. But not to some of these two bit thieves. Down here there are no heavy duty truck dealerships and the few independent garages do not want to pay decent money. Fleet shops are not any better either.

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood,

> > > A neighbourly day in the beauty wood,

> > > Would you be mine? Could you be mine?

> > > Would you be my neighbour?

> > >

> > > I actually feel pretty darn good today considering what I've been through the past two days. Do I dare to head up to the golf course this morning and give it a go? Today will be the only decent day this week for golf and I don't even have anything else I need to be doing. Decisions, decisions... :confused:

> >

> > One of those days Sco when doing what you fancy is the right way to go.??‍♂️??‍♂️?‍♂️???‍♂️?????

>

> I suppose. I guess I can blame you then, can I tol? :lol:

>

> I was already on the road when you responded so I suppose that's a bit unfair of me. At any rate, I did show up much to the surprise of everyone in my men's league. I think the first group was already off by the time i got there so I kinda threw a spanner in the works with the groupings. Things got rearranged and they stuck me with two new guys which was fair enough. Ram and Bob live in the same seniors building and they joined the group last year when I wasn't playing.

>

> I was terrible. I got off the tee okay, but after that I had nothing. No iron game. No short game. No putting touch. The worst score I carded in probably five years and boy was I glad when it was over! I was okay for about five holes and then I began to tighten up a bit and found myself continually trying to stretch as I awaited my turn.

>

> I did a bit of yoga in the clubhouse when I finished and then came home stopping for a quick shop at the grocery store. I'm icing at the moment and then will soak in a hot shower a bit later.

>

> All I wanted to do was play and now that it's over I ask myself what the point of that was? It was a glorious day too with a high of 26°C when I left the course. It'll get better; right? :confounded:

Blame me, no worries. As with all in the Grille being married I am used to being wrong.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > @"BIG STU" , I've come to the conclusion that I'd just as soon give this tuff away as sell it for next to nothing. WE've got a couple of shipping boxes of fine bone porcelain tea cups that my mother collected. 25 years ago when we sold the contents of her house they were worth something, but today no one wants them other than crafters who will repurpose them into candles. I just found out today that a mutual friend is planning on opening a tea room in her retirement, so we decided that we will donate these tea cups to her for that purpose. At least they will be used as intended and perhaps a few old grannies will appreciate what they're drinking their afternoon tea out of.

>

> I like what you are saying in your case--- Now I would be willing to give away or sell at a reduced rate to some young guy say with a young family just getting started in the business. But not to some of these two bit thieves. Down here there are no heavy duty truck dealerships and the few independent garages do not want to pay decent money. Fleet shops are not any better either.

There are always plenty waiting to screw you for all your good stuff, I always make sure anything I give away goes to those that really need it. Never sold anything as individual items as that gives problems sometime with people coming to the house. Had a yard sale when we moved last time, never again.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Why the heck can’t I use the word s.c.r.e.w, have hundreds of them at home with the nuts and bolts.

It's the ~~nancy~~ politically correct world in which we live.

Aren't you glad your last name isn't Fuchs? It's pronounced exactly the way you think and there are several in the neighbourhood with that surname.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Why the heck can’t I use the word s.c.r.e.w, have hundreds of them at home with the nuts and bolts.

>

> It's the ~~nancy~~ politically correct world in which we live.

>

> Aren't you glad your last name isn't Fuchs? It's pronounced exactly the way you think and there are several in the neighbourhood with that surname.

I have a friend in the UK named Brian G.A.Y. Can’t use his own name.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > Why the heck can’t I use the word s.c.r.e.w, have hundreds of them at home with the nuts and bolts.

> >

> > It's the ~~nancy~~ politically correct world in which we live.

> >

> > Aren't you glad your last name isn't Fuchs? It's pronounced exactly the way you think and there are several in the neighbourhood with that surname.

>

> I have a friend in the UK named Brian G.A.Y. Can’t use his own name.

What's even funnier is that there's a PGA Tour player named Brian Gay. The software won't allow you to name him.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Supper tonight, no greens on it but who cares.

Wagyu beef rump steak, caramelised onion and mushroom with cream salt pepper and chilli, potato cake and a grilled tomato.

bcqbidb9aq30.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > @"BIG STU" , I've come to the conclusion that I'd just as soon give this tuff away as sell it for next to nothing. WE've got a couple of shipping boxes of fine bone porcelain tea cups that my mother collected. 25 years ago when we sold the contents of her house they were worth something, but today no one wants them other than crafters who will repurpose them into candles. I just found out today that a mutual friend is planning on opening a tea room in her retirement, so we decided that we will donate these tea cups to her for that purpose. At least they will be used as intended and perhaps a few old grannies will appreciate what they're drinking their afternoon tea out of.

>

> I like what you are saying in your case--- Now I would be willing to give away or sell at a reduced rate to some young guy say with a young family just getting started in the business. But not to some of these two bit thieves. Down here there are no heavy duty truck dealerships and the few independent garages do not want to pay decent money. Fleet shops are not any better either.

I totally agree. For years, I visited Goodwill and other thrift shops for golf clubs. Seems the donated stuff never got into the hands of the needy. Just a bunch of people scouring about for stuff to resell. The wife's brother was a big thrifter. He and his wife volunteered to work church rummage sales, got a jump on everyone else, and sold things on Ebay. He is quite wealthy, but even bragged about sending a rummage sale beat up LL Bean leather jacket for lifetime warranty. Company sent him a new one. No wonder Bean discontinued the lifetime warranty.

We have a house full of ancient stuff, which is worth nothing, unless you're in the market to buy it. Then, it becomes a valuable antique.

I had an antique dealer client. He was considered an expert in our area. He said the prices reflect the time, possibly a decade, that stuff sat in his store before he saw a profit on it. Sounds reasonable.

To get back to charities and such, very little ever gets distributed to help the needy. Like the government, most monies taken in just feeds the entity.

I can understand cutting up the tools for scrap. I can also understand donating to a tea shop.

As far as golf clubs, even the First tee doesn't want old stuff.

• Like 2

With all this talk about donations and all this talk about getting goods to the needy makes me think about the golf club donations that make their way to the golf club I work at. There's not a single club in the entire rental hoard that was bought which kinda makes you wonder how they can rent them out in good faith when all you get is a bunch of mismatched sets with and average age of 25 years! I remember one young fellow complaining loudly about the state of the rental clubs when you can buy something decent on eBay for $100. I wondered at the time if he was aware of that why he didn't have his own set, but afterwards it occured to me that he was spot on. Most decent clubs have a rental deal with one of the OEMs and they put new clubs in there every couple of years. Cheap is as cheap does...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

All things considered, I don't feel too bad this morning. I got a good night's sleep in which is half the battle and while i'm sore, I'm not feeling much in the way of joint pain or tightness. I'll take that as a good sign considering what I was up to over the past three days. And it's raining again so I got to take advantage of the good weather and now I can lay low for a day or two.

Not all was lost yesterday afterall as my lawn maintenance guy showed up in the afternoon and got the property cut, or at least all that you could travel on, before more rain fell. So we're good for about a week now. :smile:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

With respect to the golf. It's funny that you can hit balls into a range and get an idea of your yardages (especially if you step them off), but that doesn't always correspond with what you get out on the course.

Looking back on yesterday's game I was pretty good with my woods, it was my iron and wedge play that really let me down. In terms of real world yardages I'm still off where I used to be particularly on the long end. Driver was 185-200 using it four times. 3W was ~175 with the 7W at 165. A full swing with PW gave me 105, so working off of that I should have fairly even gaps right up to my woods.

Based on the above it's probably a good thing that the new to me driver that is on its way is a 12° in A flex, Matrix White Tie (high launch). Depending upon how that goes a move a A flex in the fairways maybe the next move, but I'll be okay for now on that front. I'm just using a club more now than I used to in most cases.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Golf league tonight, 80 and sunny. I have no problem with that. I'm playing a guy with a 27 handicap how do you beat a guy with a 27 handicap? well, I won't worry about that part of it, maybe I can help him out some, he just took up golf I guess, that's the good part. The teams are arranged differently this year and I said I didn't care where they put me as long as I can play since I can't keep my balance, so I will live up to that B)

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> Why the heck can’t I use the word s.c.r.e.w, have hundreds of them at home with the nuts and bolts.

It does make you wonder. I tried to say "old phart" and it censored that too. Tried to teach my grandson to pull my finger this weekend on a visit to Calif. That got censored by my daughter. :D Is there no humor anymore?

And why don't the emojis stay where you place them?

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)