2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I have a question. It seems when I type a post if I go to the margins or stop

> well short, it doesn't matter; my post ends up chopped up. At least that's what

> I see. It looks awful.

>

> My question is that what you guys see? Like a sentence on one line and the

> next line is just a word or 2 and then the next line is full and the following

> line is just a word or 2 and so on?

>

> I figured out awhile back that what I see when I or anyone else posts may not

> be what others see. I have no idea what this post will look like.

>

> EDIT: yep all chopped up to me. Geez, if you guys

> are seeing it like I am, I'm sorry.

Your post looks just fine to me, Rad! The format is exactly like everyone else's.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Reasonability said:

>

> Yup! You've definitely had that experience - right there in front of witnesses!

>

> Now I can tell you that for me personally there have been little waves where this mystery visitor lasted for stretches of holes. But I can also say I've never teed up on number 1 and walked off of 18 having had it for 18 holes straight. Not even close.

>

> But what has happened from start to finish during my best rounds can best be described as being physically and mentally relaxed. Incredibly so. Feel so calm you could fire a cannon during my swing and I wouldn't flinch. That one I "can" start and finish with at times, but not always. Maybe four to six times/year.

>

> Then there's the flip side of the same coin. Never feel at peace over the ball. Any number of body parts feel fatigued early in the round. Leave the course feeling as though I been in a fight. Brain totally spent. Those are some long hard grinding rounds.

>

> I can well imagine how hitting a wood or long iron off the deck during practice could pay off.

>

> **If I personally stand at the range raking balls at myself I can't play worth two hoots next time out. But when I vary the club OFTEN, change targets, and allow a little recovery time between shots... that seems to (usually) translate to better play**.

That seems to be the way it works for me also. I rarely play well after a range session, especially if i've been focusing on one thing in particular.

You may have noticed that the putter build has been given a time out in favour of a more traditional Anser style flat stick in an effort to get some feel for pace on the greens. So much for all that practice putting on a carpet...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > I have a question. It seems when I type a post if I go to the margins or stop

> > well short, it doesn't matter; my post ends up chopped up. At least that's what

> > I see. It looks awful.

> >

> > My question is that what you guys see? Like a sentence on one line and the

> > next line is just a word or 2 and then the next line is full and the following

> > line is just a word or 2 and so on?

> >

> > I figured out awhile back that what I see when I or anyone else posts may not

> > be what others see. I have no idea what this post will look like.

> >

> > EDIT: yep all chopped up to me. Geez, if you guys

> > are seeing it like I am, I'm sorry.

>

> Your post looks just fine to me, Rad! The format is exactly like everyone else's.

Thanks Sco. I'm glad you're not seeing what I'm seeing!

• Like 1

> @billh17 said:

> @ Rad

> Thats exactly what mine look like Rad...i started editing,and it helped somewhat,but it has to be the new program causing it.. I finally gave up trying to straighten them up.

Well, at least you now know that what we're seeing is pretty, haha,

despite how it looks to you when you post it.

• Like 1

Sometimes the chiropractic works and sometimes it doesn't. I felt better yesterday after the treatment, but today not so much especially as the day has worn on. Maybe it's just the weather as we seem to be in the midst of a week long period of dreary, wet weather again.

Checked the cistern this afternoon as we normally would be getting close to needing to buy a load (once every two months) and found that it's pretty close to full thanks to all the rain we've had. Tossed in a couple of cups of bleach and we're good to go for another couple of months most likely.

It is unreal how wet the goound is at the moment. It's like a bog no matter where you go!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Sco, do you guys have a mud season up there? My oldest sis lived in the

mountains in Colorado for many years and every year when the big spring

thaw would begin, all those feet of snow would start melting and there was

mud everywhere. They actually called it "mud season" and houses were

built with "mud rooms" where people could clean up before entering the

house proper.

I was there one year during mud season and it was unbelievable. Mud

everywhere; in the streets, etc. It was a mess until it finally dried up.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Sco, do you guys have a mud season up there? My oldest sis lived in the

> mountains in Colorado for many years and every year when the big spring

> thaw would begin, all those feet of snow would start melting and there was

> mud everywhere. They actually called it "mud season" and houses were

> built with "mud rooms" where people could clean up before entering the

> house proper.

>

> I was there one year during mud season and it was unbelievable. Mud

> everywhere; in the streets, etc. It was a mess until it finally dried up.

I've never hear of it refered to as "mud season", but that's fairly accurate, especially if you live in a rural area. Where I currently live is on a glacial flood plain which is clay to clay loam soil. That stuff sticks to your boots! Where we're moving to is below the escarpment which has sandy loam soil as it's an old lake bed/shoreline. It'll be cleaner in the spring even without the pavement! :lol:

Where my son lives out in BC is a desert, so mud isn't supposed to be a problem, but there have been a couple of incidents this spring where a mud slide closed the main highway between Kelowna and Penticton, so they have their issues too, I guess...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey, guess what?

The sun is shining!

They had to cancel the cross country meet today at the camp behind me as the separate school board holds all of their cross country events on that property. Today was the second day this week that got washed out! If you're lucky enough to get your event in, you get to run, but i was told that their would be no accomodation for rain dates. As a result a rainout was in effect a cancelation.

-----------------------------

I'll be going to the church tonight to help my cousin serve the lunch after the monthly euchre party. I guess this is my month for volunteering as I supplied some folks with transplanting pots for their donated annuals/perennials that will be sold in the annual yard sale. We have a number of consignments that we will be making to help lighten the moving load.

Speaking of donations, I've decide to give some of my heavy tools to my next door neighbour, Frank. He and his wife have a mushroom operation. They're Chinese immigrants and they have been having a bit of a tough time of it since they got here. They could use the help. :relieved:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

That's very nice of you Sco! I'm sure they very much appreciate your generosity.

We were very fortunate that the buyers of our house in SoCal loved the

furniture we had and bought most of it from us so there was much less

to move.

Still, we had a truckload of stuff to move, even after that sale and a garage

sale we held during the countdown to the move.

Previously, I had moved several times before, long distance. But those were

company paid moves and made much easier and, of course, they paid the

bills. A lot more work and so much expense doing it on your own dime.

We hired Starving Students to move all of our stuff from SoCal to Alabama.

They were much cheaper than everyone else........but, as the old saying goes

"you get what you pay for". Our belongings arrived way late and some were

damaged............and good luck getting them to pay for the damages.

On top of that they provided the truck driver no help to unload our stuff.

He did the best he could with help from us but then he injured his hand

badly and I had to take him to the emergency room at the hospital. So

now, he was out of commission too.

So I called and cursed the moron who answered the phone at the moving

company and they said they had no one to help.....but I could hire a few

people and they would pay for it; which is exactly what I did....and they

did pay for it.....I made sure of that.

I'm glad we'll never make a move like that again. We did still save a lot

of money compared to if we had used one of the major moving companies

but we got some lousy lousy service.

Things have changed since then and now some of the LTL carriers, ABF

comes to mind, wil drop an empty trailer at your house, you load it, and

then they drop it at your new house and you unload it. That would have

been good for us as we can always find people to do the loading and

unloading; gotta pay them, of course.

Oh, and we were contracted to Schneider National in those days and I

begged them to let us use one of their trailers so we could haul our

belongings ourselves with our tractor....but they said "we don't do that

and our insurance says...blah blah blah. That would have been too easy,

lol, and saved us lots of money. Touche, it's all in the history books now

and we're not ones to look back. In life you just keep moving forward!

• Like 1

We've hired a local moving company to pack us and move us. They came highly recommended from several sources. It will cost a bit, but it will be money well spent. Same was the case with the junk removal company that I hired last fall. I can't do that sort of work anymore so ther's no use in worrying about trying, just hire those that can. We don't move everyday so I don't begrudge the expense.

We actually don't have that much stuff to move, at least in terms of big items, furniture and the like. Two bedrooms, two sitting rooms, a kitchen/diner, one and a half baths, an office and a small workshop. All of the appliances are staying at the farm as we got all of the appliances at the new house. Then of course there are the clothes, personal items, sporting goods and outdoor equipment. It will likely all go on one truck load especially if we move a few items ahead of the actual moving day such as the outdoor/gardening stuff with my BIL's small trailer.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Reasonability said:

> Having pondered, (which I believe is illegal to do in public), here's what this pea brain has by way of response.

>

> The swing is a chain of events. We can predispose each link in the chain to go well, by managing it's predessors well. In that sense, the sequence of swinging back being a predessor to swinging thru, then "yes" there is a reaction to a previous action.

>

> Quid pro quo - There are MANY schools of thought on exactly how the change of directions is to occur:

>

> - Bump the hips toward the target

> - Send your zipper to Oklahoma where the wind comes sweep' down the plane.

> - Let the club drop or "fall"

> - Start opening the hips before the backswing is finished

> - Pause

> - Squat

> - Separate the knees

> - Smash an an imaginary tin can with the lead heel

> - Yadda yadda times infinity "thou shafts"

>

> So in this sense, the answer is "no". Conscious movement(s) obviously "can" initiate the downswing in transition. These are added links in the chain. The downswing would therefore be a function of THOSE actions rather solely a pure reaction to the backswing itself.

>

> I shall now take my toaster to the tub just to watch the lights flicker. This is when I do my best thinking and will edit this post if I live through it.

>

>** And the shoes are pink. **

>

> And Scomacer for Prime Minister! He knows people - He's now connected to "they".

>

>

Mrs. scotee says gray and green. I said "yes dear, I might be wrong".

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Catching up, scotee and Reasy, it’s difficult when your loved ones reach this part of their life, unfortunately I was half a world away when both of my parents passed on, give them as much love as you have, it helps to know there is someone thinking of you.

Sco, congratulation on the inspection, it’s one of those things that find problems you never knew existed. Our last house had an illegal structure that the inspection never picked up, prior to finalising a sale the local council is supposed to also inspect the property to make sure it is legal, our council sent someone two weeks after we moved in, then tried to make us alter the part they did not like, I told them in no uncertain terms where to stick their instructions, as they were late and gave us no way to get out of the sale they backed off, we told the purchasers when we moved out but the council did not try to make them change it. We were lucky with the removalists on our last move, they had their business in the same road we were moving to, so as we were going to be neighbours we had a better deal and fantastic service, quick, efficient and nothing damaged. The move before were really cowboys tried to get more money from us after the move, standing there hands out for a tip, my tip was don’t fall over on the way out, tipping is not a common thing in Australia, you pay for a service full stop and they are paid a good wage by their company. Sounds as if you have a good service lined up for your move, I would still be there watching though, really don’t trust anyone any longer, so many con artists out there, and they all appear to be genuine when you first meet them. Am I being a bit paranoid, it comes with age so I am told.

Reasy, how do I see golf, not sure exactly what you are looking for, but as I have never been a technical golfer my take on the game has always been out there for fun. I have played those who take it to extremes with the tantrums, that’s why I stopped playing comps, so my game consists of hit the ball hope it goes well, perhaps 50% do, accept what happened and try better on the next shot. Always look to set up correctly and be consistent, but I have never played often enough to rely on what I am doing being correct.

Shoes are Blue and Pink, would loved to watch our volatile waitresses going at each other, nothing more interesting than a cat fight, they are extreemly brutal when they start. Bet Gus was running around and putting all the best China back in the cupboards.

Mother’s Day today, I presume it’s the same in America, nice big breakfast, plenty of presents from people and animals, dogs and cats seem to have plenty of pawkitmoney. Very light lunch as breakfast filled everyone to the top.

As with Sco, I always donate or give my surplus tools away, I know in the past we have been in very poor financial situations where a very small amount of help would have made life much easier, we have never given up been in really bad financial position several time during our married life so know what it’s like needing just that helping hand. We have a charity locally that helps those down on their luck, that and the Salvation Army are where most of our donations go. Two years ago we donated a Christmas’s tree and all the trimmings, it went to a single mother with children who could not afford one, it’s these things that make it worth while helping others.

Not really had any problems with the new software, there are some things I would like included that we used to have, as I can still see improvements happening, I will wait and see a little longer.

Back to looking after DW, she has had some health problems this week, a glass or two this afternoon willput that right.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > @ Rad

> > Thats exactly what mine look like Rad...i started editing,and it helped somewhat,but it has to be the new program causing it.. I finally gave up trying to straighten them up.

>

> Well, at least you now know that what we're seeing is pretty, haha,

> despite how it looks to you when you post it.

But RAD....why can I see the mis-aligned sentences in mine and yours,when no one else can?

Something is not quite flying level ! And it does seem that it is only our posts that are messed up. Curious

and interesting lol

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @billh17 said:

> > > @ Rad

> > > Thats exactly what mine look like Rad...i started editing,and it helped somewhat,but it has to be the new program causing it.. I finally gave up trying to straighten them up.

> >

> > Well, at least you now know that what we're seeing is pretty, haha,

> > despite how it looks to you when you post it.

>

> But RAD....why can I see the mis-aligned sentences in mine and yours,when no one else can?

> Something is not quite flying level ! And it does seem that it is only our posts that are messed up. Curious

> and interesting lol

I see every misaligned sentence you post, I put it down to too much vino, in fact I cannot remember a post of yours recently that is not all skewed, I will look back later but I am sure yours is not the only one.

Got it, many of Conrad’s are also similar, they start another line in the middle of a sentence and it hardly gets more than two lines untill it happens again. Interesting reading making it all flow but once you are used to it no problem.

Edit, edit, edit. Conrad, your last six posts have come through normal, no disfigurement at all, really threw me as I thought it was someone hacking into your computer, that’s the paranoid part of me posting.?

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Have no clue what is causing our posts to be misaligned Bill. Perhaps we're

> ahead of our time and all posts in the future will look like ours.

What sort of browser software are you guys running with the wonky looking posts? There must be a compatibility issue.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

What do you get when you combine a Fella and a Sixty...............Missing Links....

or perhaps they went missing on the links.....or the links are actually sausage

links and they are missing.......out....on scrambled posts and missing links for

breakfast in the Grille.

Of course, Missing Links might be a famous golf course on Atlantis, the lost

continent............where the Atlantis Masters was played BITD....with ill suited

implements for sure. One day their walk got really spoiled and that was that.

But people are still looking for this creature they call Sixfellaty. Wonder what

the story is behind that weird name. Anyway, the Missing Links must be found

first so the map of Sixfellaty's last known location can be unearthed. From

there an order of magnitude assessment can be done and from that an

extrapolation can lead to a derivative of all possible travel routes from that

singular point; or singularity.

So far we have learned Sixfellaty departed Missing Links, Atlantis some years ago

on one of those travel routes.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> What do you get when you combine a Fella and a Sixty...............Missing Links....

> or perhaps they went missing on the links.....or the links are actually sausage

> links and they are missing.......out....on scrambled posts and missing links for

> breakfast in the Grille.

>

> Of course, Missing Links might be a famous golf course on Atlantis, the lost

> continent............where the Atlantis Masters was played BITD....with ill suited

> implements for sure. One day their walk got really spoiled and that was that.

>

> But people are still looking for this creature they call Sixfellaty. Wonder what

> the story is behind that weird name. Anyway, the Missing Links must be found

> first so the map of Sixfellaty's last known location can be unearthed. From

> there an order of magnitude assessment can be done and from that an

> extrapolation can lead to a derivative of all possible travel routes from that

> singular point; or singularity.

>

> So far we have learned Sixfellaty departed Missing Links, Atlantis some years ago

> on one of those travel routes.

You are coming through normal now rad, what’s the matter, are you sober? Or has Gus changed the menu?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Conrad and Bihl. Showed son the problem with the page with your problem, apparently it’s a simple problem with a difficult fix because it could be any number of things causing it, it’s a difficult problem to replicate in a situation that would allow the programmer to identify where to look. His comment, best of luck getting it sorted, if that makes sense.

Another situation came up today, your post was normal with the screen in portrait but the problem came back when I changed to landscape.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Are you guys using tablets in the mobile format versus full screen?

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

As far as site problems, the computer tells me Golfwrx is not responding, along with the computer hanging up. Never happened with the old format.

Played 15 holes yesterday with the old aluminum shaft 1969 Haig Ultra irons, and Ben Hogan woods, and Bulls Eye putter. Played pretty well, two birds, with clubs that you can't give away. My drives were about the same as with modern stuff, max 200 carry, no roll, with the wet turf. Thinking at some point, I'll have to get rid of a lot of golf stuff, the older clubs. The first tee wants people to trade the clubs to PGA website, and they send the money to the first tee. With my stuff, a hundred dollars trade in would empty 75% of my "collection." Stuff like my Haigs and pyratones would be Goodwill or trash.

Every time someone in the wife's family has a yard sale, I put out a few clubs for sale. Not even a nibble, at $1 a club. Everybody is looking to pick up diamonds in the rough for resale. Like thrifts, poor people aren't interested. Maybe, an indication that poverty will never be cured.

Rain today, and more to come.

Happy Mothers Day!

• Like 2

Speaking of missing links, it's beginning to look like Wriggs has fallen off the map as well. Perhaps this is nothing more than a reflection of the change in software to the forums and the rather amateurish look of things still despite being several weeks into the move. I'm reminded of one of those home renovation shows where once they start tearing into things they end up having to demolish the entire house due to all the unforseen issues or lack of due dilligence before proceeding in the first place. I guess we'll never know until a few of these lads return from the "Badlands" and fill in the blanks.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy Mothers' Day to all the wives, mothers, daughters, all women of significance in our lives! I hope that your menfolk have suitable celebrations planned to mark your special day.

DW is working today so the extent of celebration is going to be meeting #1 son and DIL for coffee after church. Following that the plan is to head to the Lazy-Boy store and order a couple of his and hers recliners that are currently on sale. New furniture for the new house. Maybe my back will finally get a chance to heal... :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @billh17 said:

> All i know is i have checked all I can check and i cannot find a reason,let alone even

> begin to know what the fix is,so the cobbled up posts will be the way it is.!

The thing is @billh17 that i'm not seeing a cobbled up post. It looks perfectly fine to me which leads me to think those that are experiencing problems the issues are on your end for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)