Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Oh my next thing you know someone will post the Tainted Love music video.

I hope it doesn't exist.

I remember this beautiful love song... "Two Outta Three TAin't Bad"... or something close to that :)

"baby we can talk all night, but that 'tain't gettin' us nowhere...

Not only was it a beautiful love song that made so many couples fall in love, and I'm sure use it as they walked down the aisle, but

I'm also sure that they only wished that it was performed live at their wedding by the wonderful, dream inspiring wedding day goose bump caster upon their very being and into their very hearts, singing guy person thing- Meatloaf...

Mr. Sixty, I've always loved that song. But, isn't it more of a breakup song?

"You've been cold to me so long

I'm crying icicles instead of tears"

Ouch.

Like they say....don't let your meatloaf!

Sixty - your homework and background on what you post about these things is amazing.. Well played my friend. I'm so very glad this board, and this Grille gang has your solid voice, humor, and good clean fun around to hear from regularly. You're what this gang is all about my friend.

ah, Reasy, you're too kind... if this board was a body I'd be the right kneecap or something, at least the whole thing wouldn't function without all of us of course... that's what makes it fun, but hey Scotee, I do floss daily, maybe I could be the right and left index fingers and thumbs? :) Anyway, this place wouldn't be this place without Reasonability...

This place is great--- Everyone here makes it work in their own unique way--- Man just think if this crowd could get together for one week at say a golf resort of some sort--- I do not know which would be more fun the golf or the BS sessions in the grill room at night!------- Have you ever noticed that the few Richard Noggins that have come on here some being sarcastic and causing trouble do not stay on here long. I am not talking about anyone on the Exploding Heads section either because I still visit and post over there but you long timers know what I am talking about.

Amen brother - to every word of that. Without picking at a scab on my part - I'd encourage any/all who want or care to hang in any thread they want. To me - it's not about "two" camps or "ten" camps. It's about how deep you do or don't want to feel like diving on a given day. Simple as that in my book.

Yea - the idea of actually hanging together...How cool would that be? Brings only a few fears to mind. We'd probably need bottled oxygen around - someone better know the Heimlich maneuver - and have plenty of aspirin on hand to treat the sore sides from laughing so hard. Stu I can't begin to explain some of the bust-out laughs I've had with the gang here. Good folks. Good souls. Good fun.

We have got to put this on our bucket list - to have a few Grille room rendezvous(es). I was this close to meeting Rad and MC in Kentucky and I was primed but another vaca got in the way.

I can just imagine the introductions; 'Judge?? Is that you? I'm Thug. You look nothing like....' I think Stu and PD are the only ones I would recognize. I'm certain that these would be the most enjoyable golf vaca's ever for me...let's make it happen? I can get to Myrtle easily any time of the year...

like Monty Hall would say " come on down!"

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I hope it doesn't exist.

Which version the original version by a one hit wonder band called "Soft Cell" or the one that Baldreck Conehead ( Dan Akroid) did? I heard the original one on the radio yesterday and every time I hear it I laugh and think of the Conehead version

I hope it doesn't exist.

I remember this beautiful love song... "Two Outta Three TAin't Bad"... or something close to that :)

"baby we can talk all night, but that 'tain't gettin' us nowhere...

Not only was it a beautiful love song that made so many couples fall in love, and I'm sure use it as they walked down the aisle, but

I'm also sure that they only wished that it was performed live at their wedding by the wonderful, dream inspiring wedding day goose bump caster upon their very being and into their very hearts, singing guy person thing- Meatloaf...

Mr. Sixty, I've always loved that song. But, isn't it more of a breakup song?

"You've been cold to me so long

I'm crying icicles instead of tears"

Ouch.

Like they say....don't let your meatloaf!

Yes, and that was the point of it being a wedding song, just the absurdity of it, and catching wedding guests off guard... maybe my humor doesn't always come across as being as obvious as I think :) after singing it of course the wedding guests would be given ketchup bottles and forks and be allowed to storm the platform. oops, never mind...

The idea of a Grill'ster roundup is a intriguing notion. Me thinks I'd be so damn nervous trying to play at golf in front of everyone, probably wouldn't be able to hit the ball for the first nine holes. What clubs to play? What do I wear? Do I get a crash course in swing lingo in order to be conversational? What if I have one to many beverages and get loud? Geez Louise, I'm getting an anxiety attack just typing out this posting.

I want strokes. Lots. You guys are all shooters.

Have this carefully crafted online persona to protect and uphold. Albeit, the adventure would be worth it for no other reason to rummage around and kibitz in Stu's shop for a few hours. That would be fun.

P.S. - I'm not quite as slim and handsome as the internets make me out to be.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

One of the forums I was on used to run regular regional competition between members, they even have a national competition weekend which is usually a fantastic success.

These are now firm golfing friends and regularly play together.

Fella, there is no way I could imagine you other than fit and good looking. :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

At the Grille this morning, Gus is making Egg in the nest with home fries, and grilled breakfast sausage links...He got some new blades yesterday, not knives, but clubs, so he wants to get out and play some golf this afternoon as he got some new Miura irons.. he figures they will help his game a lot, and he wants to take more advantage of his free membership here at the course, especially since Fall is right around the corner, his favorite time to play..

And for after I would like the following.

Poached pears, homemade chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce and a nut crumb.

https://imgur.com/a/jDlZ2

Might go back for seconds.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Since when did Gus decide to squander his earnings on a set of Miura's? Didn't think he was being payed that much. Nor had sufficient game (as if acquisition facilitates improvement). Furthermore, heard him mention on more than one occasion the only JDM blades he was "lusting" after were a set of these. Shinshu.

The idea of a Grill'ster roundup is a intriguing notion. Me thinks I'd be so damn nervous trying to play at golf in front of everyone, probably wouldn't be able to hit the ball for the first nine holes. What clubs to play? What do I wear? Do I get a crash course in swing lingo in order to be conversational? What if I have one to many beverages and get loud? Geez Louise, I'm getting an anxiety attack just typing out this posting.

Have this carefully crafted online persona to protect and uphold. Albeit, the adventure would be worth it for no other reason to rummage around and kibitz in Stu's shop for a few hours. That would be fun.

I probably would not hit the ball good either it would be hard to concentrate when laughing with this crowd. And you would be more than welcome in the shop and if you thought the shop was something we could venture across the road to the warehouse the latter would be a few hours looking itself. It is raining here but I did practice some this morning dialing the Muirfields in and cranking the persimmons. Randy (OSR) who you know has gotten a persimmon golf league kinda started in Chuckytown 4 players so far got me all fired up early this morning. Blew my buddy the Miura dealer's mind. He told me to hit the Muirfields and write down what I thought. All of them hit decent with no tape except the 6 and 8 iron. Had to add 4 grams to get them 2 to kick. He put them on the machine and he said I do not know how you do it-- The frequency on those 2 shafts was off bad-- In fact we are going to reshaft and frequency match all of them this winter. LOL our course is one of the host courses for the world AM and the GM roped off a section of the range for me. Had him hitting the persimmon this morning and he was killing it. We had most of the guys there thinking I was playing in the World Am with blades and persimmon!! Then the rain came so I am inside on here

I probably would not hit the ball good either it would be hard to concentrate when laughing with this crowd. And you would be more than welcome in the shop and if you thought the shop was something we could venture across the road to the warehouse the latter would be a few hours looking itself. It is raining here but I did practice some this morning dialing the Muirfields in and cranking the persimmons. Randy (OSR) who you know has gotten a persimmon golf league kinda started in Chuckytown 4 players so far got me all fired up early this morning. Blew my buddy the Miura dealer's mind. He told me to hit the Muirfields and write down what I thought. All of them hit decent with no tape except the 6 and 8 iron. Had to add 4 grams to get them 2 to kick. He put them on the machine and he said I do not know how you do it-- The frequency on those 2 shafts was off bad-- In fact we are going to reshaft and frequency match all of them this winter. LOL our course is one of the host courses for the world AM and the GM roped off a section of the range for me. Had him hitting the persimmon this morning and he was killing it. We had most of the guys there thinking I was playing in the World Am with blades and persimmon!! Then the rain came so I am inside on here

That would be worth the journey in and of itself. I love rummaging around looking at classic/vintage golf clubs. Can only imagine what the Stu Warehouse Stash might hold. I do golf clubs much better than I do playing with them. Speaking of Muirfield's, there is a fellow that started posting in the equipment section about wanting to find a set. Remembers them as the ones he always wanted back in the day. JN and all. Was excited that he found a nice set and was about to take possession. You know, the classic case of "why we sometimes like playing with old(er) clubs" thing. Invited him to drop by the classic section to tell us about his "discovery". Don't know if he's showed up yet. FWIW.

The second highlight brings to mind an occurrence a week or so ago. A golf bud has been after me to try out some of my classic stuff. Not on the course, but at the range. So he could hit away as much as he desired. So we finally arranged a date. Had him come out to the house to grab whatever he wanted to try. Couple of bags of misc. Hogan (Apex II's, 99's, Redlines) and Mac (Winged MT's and Colokroms) irons, a couple of the hickories I have on had, some persimmons, wedges, etc. Anything he wanted to have a go with. He had a couple of things in his bag that I wanted to try. A new'ish Ping G30 SF driver in particular.

Off to the range we went. Got two jumbo buckets of balls. And commenced to whack away. Really enjoying ourselves hitting this and that. The bud was quite smitten with how well he was hitting the Hogan '99 Apex MB's. "Holy ****, these are pretty nice" was a comment he made several times. The SOB was hitting them better than I do. A fair number of these clubs hadn't seen much face on ball time since I acquired them.

Along comes this young guy and sets up a couple of places down from us. By now we've got clubs laying all over the place, propped up against bags, a third bag stand was commandeered. The young guy had game, saw how he was positively ripping his driver. Noticing all the goings on over in our direction, he makes comment that we seemed to be having a good time. Said he overheard us mentioning Hogans, said "his Dad has a set of Hogan's". So I show him the '99 Apex along with several other classic clubs we had on this field trip. Told him to go ahead and swing them. He says something to the affect that he's never hit a "blade" before, doesn't know he if could. "Naw, no problem. I've noticed you can hit a ball pretty good". After a couple of practice balls, he starts stripping that Apex 7 iron (or whatever it was) every shot. Big smile came across his face, sez "man, that's pretty sweet. Barely feel the ball coming off the club face". I mention some nonsense about feeling the "buttah". The bud laughed at me.

As he was hitting, grabbed the Hogan Apex persimmon driver we had along. "Give this a try". He remarks that he's never hit a wood wood before. So I give him the 10 cent introduction to persimmon. Don't try and rip it, just swing nice and easy. First shot was sort of a duff. But then he got going with it and was lacing drives well beyond the 200 yard mark. Smiles, hands the club back saying thanks. "That hits pretty nice. Better than I expected. Going to have to tell my Dad tonight that I hit a real wood today".

All in all, an enjoyable couple of hours at the range. The bud, the kid and me. I felt very inadequate watching that young man stroke my golf clubs.

Much much talent resides in the Grille. I'm still amazed at the golf-music connection.

There really must be something to it because pro musicians want to be golfers and

pro golfers want to be musicians. And we are the same. Golf and music must share

some ways in which they stimulate our minds. I'm not one to want to dig deep these

days but I wonder if you just grabbed a group of random golfers if you could put

together a musical group with them, lol.

Or maybe we are just all special in here. :)

you guys....all of you...are special....i will be rejoining soon.....

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

That would be worth the journey in and of itself. I love rummaging around looking at classic/vintage golf clubs. Can only imagine what the Stu Warehouse Stash might hold. I do golf clubs much better than I do playing with them. Speaking of Muirfield's, there is a fellow that started posting in the equipment section about wanting to find a set. Remembers them as the ones he always wanted back in the day. JN and all. Was excited that he found a nice set and was about to take possession. You know, the classic case of "why we sometimes like playing with old(er) clubs" thing. Invited him to drop by the classic section to tell us about his "discovery". Don't know if he's showed up yet. FWIW.

The second highlight brings to mind an occurrence a week or so ago. A golf bud has been after me to try out some of my classic stuff. Not on the course, but at the range. So he could hit away as much as he desired. So we finally arranged a date. Had him come out to the house to grab whatever he wanted to try. Couple of bags of misc. Hogan (Apex II's, 99's, Redlines) and Mac (Winged MT's and Colokroms) irons, a couple of the hickories I have on had, some persimmons, wedges, etc. Anything he wanted to have a go with. He had a couple of things in his bag that I wanted to try. A new'ish Ping G30 SF driver in particular.

Off to the range we went. Got two jumbo buckets of balls. And commenced to whack away. Really enjoying ourselves hitting this and that. The bud was quite smitten with how well he was hitting the Hogan '99 Apex MB's. "Holy ****, these are pretty nice" was a comment he made several times. The SOB was hitting them better than I do. A fair number of these clubs hadn't seen much face on ball time since I acquired them.

Along comes this young guy and sets up a couple of places down from us. By now we've got clubs laying all over the place, propped up against bags, a third bag stand was commandeered. The young guy had game, saw how he was positively ripping his driver. Noticing all the goings on over in our direction, he makes comment that we seemed to be having a good time. Said he overheard us mentioning Hogans, said "his Dad has a set of Hogan's". So I show him the '99 Apex along with several other classic clubs we had on this field trip. Told him to go ahead and swing them. He says something to the affect that he's never hit a "blade" before, doesn't know he if could. "Naw, no problem. I've noticed you can hit a ball pretty good". After a couple of practice balls, he starts stripping that Apex 7 iron (or whatever it was) every shot. Big smile came across his face, sez "man, that's pretty sweet. Barely feel the ball coming off the club face". I mention some nonsense about feeling the "buttah". The bud laughed at me.

As he was hitting, grabbed the Hogan Apex persimmon driver we had along. "Give this a try". He remarks that he's never hit a wood wood before. So I give him the 10 cent introduction to persimmon. Don't try and rip it, just swing nice and easy. First shot was sort of a duff. But then he got going with it and was lacing drives well beyond the 200 yard mark. Smiles, hands the club back saying thanks. "That hits pretty nice. Better than I expected. Going to have to tell my Dad tonight that I hit a real wood today".

All in all, an enjoyable couple of hours at the range. The bud, the kid and me. I felt very inadequate watching that young man stroke my golf clubs.

It would be really good meeting a young fella at the range that was interested enough to have a go. Unfortunately at my local range we tend to get a bunch of idiots hell bent on causing as much trouble as possible.

We were playing Sunday afternoons last year and we met this 15 year old that put most adult golfers to shame. We played with him for several weeks and it was a pleasure to see his attitude and ability towards golf.

I stopped playing competition after a series of incidents that left me wondering why they were even on the golf course, the final blow was when one of the group shanked a fairway wood and then proceeded to destroy the offending club on the side of his golf cart. I packed my clubs there and then and went home. Since then I have found a good group of social golfers that would be good members of the OGA. Golf is a sport to be enjoyed, not a life and death decision.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Much much talent resides in the Grille. I'm still amazed at the golf-music connection.

There really must be something to it because pro musicians want to be golfers and

pro golfers want to be musicians. And we are the same. Golf and music must share

some ways in which they stimulate our minds. I'm not one to want to dig deep these

days but I wonder if you just grabbed a group of random golfers if you could put

together a musical group with them, lol.

Or maybe we are just all special in here. :)

you guys....all of you...are special....i will be rejoining soon.....

We are all just one step above whale poopy without our buddy Bill! Can't wait til' you're feeling up to yacking with us again. Bet you've got some stories to tell now! Talk with you soon, Pal. :wave:

Pardo - sit in my cart. In fact, let's split one of those street legal golf carts and just buzz all over town telling folks we are direct descendants of Bobby Jones or something. Our goal will be to get banned from every place of business we touch. If you can pull my finger it's a slam dunk!

Had sort of a simular experience yesterday. Our GM had a area roped off on the range for members and regulars since the World Am was in town. I had 5 persimmon drivers with me. Now he is big and muscular and hits the ball a ton. He started ripping one of the Pennas with a X-100 shaft and killing it long and straight about 270 280 at sea level!! No joke. He pulled my Muirfirld 2 iron and was ripping it. He hits the Persimmon shorter and straighter than he does the metals. I just about have him convinced to switch to persimmon In fact i am going to give him the Penna he was hitting

Pardo - sit in my cart. In fact, let's split one of those street legal golf carts and just buzz all over town telling folks we are direct descendants of Bobby Jones or something. Our goal will be to get banned from every place of business we touch. If you can pull my finger it's a slam dunk!

There is not anything that any one in this group could do down here that would get them banned from any where--- Trust me I know!!

Big Stu, kinda odd hours for you, my friend.

Well I was off yesterday due to no fault of my own. Both cranes broke down and we did not get a trailer loaded. Wednesday is my half day anyhow so I got the whole day off. As I said earlier I practiced until the rains came about 11:00 and came home and went to bed. Slept solidly until about 11:30 last night just got up anyhow and I will be leaving the house about 4:00 or so for my 2 daily runs. I am wide open in fact I would go over to the yard and leave now but I have to wait for one of the other drivers so he can ride with me to pick up his truck at the shop in Florence SC so I cant leave the yard until 6;00 or so. Usually I leave the house at 3:00 Am and leave the yard at 4:00. Just got today and tomorrow and then 13 days of vacation!!

Big Stu, kinda odd hours for you, my friend.

Well I was off yesterday due to no fault of my own. Both cranes broke down and we did not get a trailer loaded. Wednesday is my half day anyhow so I got the whole day off. As I said earlier I practiced until the rains came about 11:00 and came home and went to bed. Slept solidly until about 11:30 last night just got up anyhow and I will be leaving the house about 4:00 or so for my 2 daily runs. I am wide open in fact I would go over to the yard and leave now but I have to wait for one of the other drivers so he can ride with me to pick up his truck at the shop in Florence SC so I cant leave the yard until 6;00 or so. Usually I leave the house at 3:00 Am and leave the yard at 4:00. Just got today and tomorrow and then 13 days of vacation!!

Well enjoy your time off, my friend. Hope you don't get too much rain coming your way.

There is not anything that any one in this group could do down here that would get them banned from any where--- Trust me I know!!

Spill the beans................... Please........sounds interesting.

Enjoy your time off, will give you plenty of time to post the good stories :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

And for after I would like the following.

Poached pears, homemade chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce and a nut crumb.

https://imgur.com/a/jDlZ2

Might go back for seconds.

Wow - now that must be mighty fine.

Too many of those equals weight gain :(

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take this as something of a challenge. What mischief could we perpetrate to get banned in M.B?

You're on Reason, you drive and I'll handle shotgun. Lay siege to the town, pull off a few cart shenanigans and other assorted hijinks.

[media=]

[/media]

And while searching for the above, found this one. Unrelated but sorta related. To funny. Pranking young guys v. cranky old guys.

[media=]

[/media]

Hmmm, why do I sense a 5 hole carryover skin being picked up by Fella?

New guitar on the way... Oh yeah! :yahoo:

Sweet! That's the one type of guitar - hollow body - that I have never owned. I have played plenty of them, and I think it's because they produce a round tone, although with great projection, whereas I prefer a sharper more cutting tone.

Me too, never owned one, just solid bodies...thought I'd try one, I've played it's uptown fancy brother the Gibson ES339... love it too. Gibson owns Epiphone, actually Epiphone came first and Gibson bought them out. So it's a Pro, and it has the Alnico Classic Pro Humbucker pickups, and the push knobs on it which are kind of cool so you can switch to just a coil sound if you want. It has a very nice sound for the money.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)