Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

32 degrees here on the 60th parallell north today. Celsius, guess its somehting like 90 in Fahrenheit. Crazy. We normally get one day a year this warm and thats like in early August. We've already have had three days like this since late May. Well if this is global heating its ok for me. But too hot for golf yet. I might take the car down to my home course at nine or something this evening. Cool enough, no people and nice evening light. This place stinks for golf like half of the year but this time is when we get rewarded.

That would be right Hank. Had to laugh at Siri on the Apple phone yesterday and today, we were out at the local Buckeye Lake, and said 'Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' She said "It's about 78* outside. Hot." (What the?) So today, it seemed really nice out again earlier, so I said 'Hey Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' and she said "It's 77* in Newark Ohio. Hot."

So much for Siri...the only thing I could think of was maybe she was in Celsius too, ,which would make 77*C actually about 172* Fahrenheit,

it didn't seem that hot.... :blind:

LOL makes me wonder what she would have said down here this weekend--- Temps in the 90s and Humid-----

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Fella--- I do not think the stymie will ever come into play again. Imagine the coronary incidents among supertendants. Man greens would be a mess. Heck I have seen some of these hackers take a larger divot with a driver off a tee than I do with a 60* wedge

First time I heard about this controversy on tour. Weird.

A far as marking balls for us blokes, I just do it as a courtesy. Some people are anal about not seeing other

balls when they putt.........the same are likely to be the ones who insist a marker be dime sized. None of

that stuff bothers me; if I miss a putt I miss it............and not because a poker chip marker seized and took

control of my mind or a ball was in view while I was putting.

When it comes to slow play.........a lot of it happens on the greens, especially when money may change hands.

How many par 3s have we stood on the tee and watched the group ahead take forever to putt out?

The way I see it; the more time you take with any shot the more pressure you put on yourself, cause if you're

going to spend all that time with a shot or a putt you better hit a good one...........ya, walk all around the green

sizing up your putt, take practice strokes and then leave the putt 6 feet short. Brilliant.

When I played the minis sometimes if your ball was in the direction or on someone's line they would ask you to putt out. That would give them an idea of their line which I had no problem with. Call it professional courtesy. If you are paired with someone you don't know sometimes they might ask "do you mind if I take a peek? What they were asking is if it offended you after you made the stroke and the ball was rolling if they moved in close to watch the line. I never had any problem with that and it is completely within the spirit and legality of the rules. Had one fellow Pro tell me that some guys got downright anal about that. When you get to playing the circuits some one develops one or two reputations. Either a "good egg" or an "Arse on legs". 99% of all the guys I played the minis with were a lot like Rocco Mediate or Jerry Kelly just fun to play with. Did have one guy when I first started and was green as heck get on me about walking in his through line. I had no idea and he explained it to my amazement. I asked him why in the hell would he even think about missing a 2 foot putt? He did ask one of the guys about me and the guy told him that I was green and that I was a good putter and never thought about missing a putt especially anything inside of 5 feet. (LOL wish I was that good now). Me I never watched the line on someone else's putt. I want my own opinion on the break and speed right or wrong.

32 degrees here on the 60th parallell north today. Celsius, guess its somehting like 90 in Fahrenheit. Crazy. We normally get one day a year this warm and thats like in early August. We've already have had three days like this since late May. Well if this is global heating its ok for me. But too hot for golf yet. I might take the car down to my home course at nine or something this evening. Cool enough, no people and nice evening light. This place stinks for golf like half of the year but this time is when we get rewarded.

That would be right Hank. Had to laugh at Siri on the Apple phone yesterday and today, we were out at the local Buckeye Lake, and said 'Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' She said "It's about 78* outside. Hot." (What the?) So today, it seemed really nice out again earlier, so I said 'Hey Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' and she said "It's 77* in Newark Ohio. Hot."

So much for Siri...the only thing I could think of was maybe she was in Celsius too, ,which would make 77*C actually about 172* Fahrenheit,

LOL makes me wonder what she would have said down here this weekend--- Temps in the 90s and Humid-----

She prolly woulda said 'I'm so hot I'm burnin' up'... then I guess I would have wanted to see what she looks like :yes:

She prolly woulda said 'I'm so hot I'm burnin' up'... then I guess I would have wanted to see what she looks like :yes:

Wife got a doo-dad called "Google Home". Clueless as to where this is heading.

"Hey Lexi (or Freddie or Sally, however the heck you're supposed to address these goofy things)... What does she look like?"

I'm guessing before this is over, my garage door will fly up and down whenever I pass gas within earshot of the goofy thing.

"Hey Lexi (or Freddie or Sally, however the heck you're supposed to address these goofy things)... What does she look like?"

I'm guessing before this is over, my garage door will fly up and down whenever I pass gas within earshot of the goofy thing.

Here's one of those just for our Southern friends...

I remember a playoff hole where J Speith tosses a safe drive into a dogleg left sided by water to the golfer's left.

Dustin tees off next, whips out driver, almost flies the green over water, chips it to within a foot or two and slams the gimme putt.

This guy is racking up some monster Sunday finishes. Holy cow! The guy decides it's time to fire up the jet and call it a day and BAM it's over!

^^^^^ spit ice water all over my computer

EPIC!!!!!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

My sentiments exactly ROTFLMFAO!!!! Spit Ice water all over my laptop

Ya, this is some deep stuff..............what point is having a target and no ball to hit there? And what point is

having a ball and nowhere to hit it? Sounds like a co-dependency problem; a neurotic ball and target. Time

for some tough love.

[media=]

[/media]

My Man Barney ! My all time favorite lawman ! Right up there with Columbo !

They do come up with some crazy stuff to get upset about. We could probably ask 9999 golfers to explain that rule and maybe a couple would

know what it says ! Maybe,,lol

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

PGA Tour players absolutely bolt over to watch another's putt when they're on similar lines. That is

an accepted practice. They just wait until the ball is hit..........and then bolt! As the commentators say

"Joe is going to be a very interested spectator of John's putt".....and, of course, John putts and Joe\

scurries. I do it. Why not?.....Most people just say "I'm going to school on this one". You just have to

make sure you wait in a proper spot until the putt is hit.

If someone is offended by that they can go pound sand........their putt is not a trade secret once it's hit. :D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I remember a playoff hole where J Speith tosses a safe drive into a dogleg left sided by water to the golfer's left.

Dustin tees off next, whips out driver, almost flies the green over water, chips it to within a foot or two and slams the gimme putt.

This guy is racking up some monster Sunday finishes. Holy cow! The guy decides it's time to fire up the jet and call it a day and BAM it's over!

LMAO! The scary thing is he said he's starting to feel like he did last year before he fell down the

stairs in Augusta..........if you don't remember he won 3 starts in a row, including 2 WGCs...then

fell down the stairs..................but he did come back late in the year and do that thing to Jordan.

I remember Jordan hit his drive 309 playing the hole the way he played it all week......and the

same way DJ had played it all week too................then DJ did the BAM thing on Jordan and just

hit his driver over the water.......which was a 315 carry to get over........WOW is right. A tiny mishit

and Jordan wins.

SLED Gemini

OK, time to make US Open picks?

SLED Gemini

We have a google home, you say hey google, it lights up and then you give it instructions. We have not set up the house lights sound or anything as yet but you can control any item that has wifi. We use ours for a timer, alarm, as a phone book, ask what time stores are open, where the closest stores are for certain items weather, predictions, current temperature and general information. Once you find out what you can do they are extremley useful.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Talk about throwing a bucket of ice water on a conversation... I guess I'll focus on the question at hand rather than head off on a tangent in the future... :rolleyes:

US Open picks: I have no idea. I haven't really watched any amount of golf this spring, just bits and pieces along the way. I'd be just as far ahead choosing a chimpanzee to throw a dart at a board as me coming up with the name of the guy that will put together the four days of his career. Maybe it's Fowler's turn, but I don't think it will be him. I don't know why, but the face that just popped into my mind was that of Marc Leishman, so I guess I'll go with that.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

OK, time to make US Open picks?

Errr... riminer... uh... well....

Analytically I suppose there's some algorithm way of matching up of stats and the venue and such.

Spinning the wheel I want to emotionally invest in momentum carrying Phil to his final and now one remaining missing card in the deck. He's running out of bullets. (And would love to see Bones on the bag one more time while we're at it.)

Talk about throwing a bucket of ice water on a conversation... I guess I'll focus on the question at hand rather than head off on a tangent in the future... :rolleyes:

Not 100% sure what egg you feel you may have laid, my friend. But can assure of this much.

A) If you put it in here, rest assured I for one read it and am pretty sure that applies to most of the Grillesters as well. Not to mention others who might lurk. So it never goes totally unnoticed - EVER.

B) With my hand up - I don't "think", I KNOW I've laid one down and later wondered if I just farted in church! LMAO. Many thousands of posts - there's definitely been a few clunkers along the way. The heck of it is, at the time, I was clueless as to which ones were sinkers and which were the floaters. Totally unaware which way it might go on MANY occasions. It's kind of a crap shoot, right?

C) The cool thing is... It doesn't matter - lol. Some of us don't care much about swings, or chocolate covered cherries, or whatever. Others do. But it's all good. Everyone gets a very wide berth here to float around at will so long as the spirit and camaraderie of the joint remains in tact, Amazingly it always does.

D) There will be times (at least for me anyway) - Non responses to just about anything signal total disagreement just as much as it signals "OK, fine, enough said." Could go either way, right? Have come to let folks tell me for themselves if they want or care to stick with something or just move on to other territory. Found that if I try to interpret on my own what others are thinking, I've got about a 1/10 chance of being right - lol.

We've all probably questioned ourselves along these lines somewhere - eventually. I would assume. Whatever it is in this case that gave you pause - flew right over my head and I've read your posts! So no worries!

Onward and upward! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND as Buzz Lightyear says.

Not 100% sure what egg you feel you may have laid, my friend. But can assure of this much.

A) If you put it in here, rest assured I for one read it and am pretty sure that applies to most of the Grillesters as well. Not to mention others who might lurk. So it never goes totally unnoticed - EVER.

B) With my hand up - I don't "think", I KNOW I've laid one down and later wondered if I just farted in church! LMAO. Many thousands of posts - there's definitely been a few clunkers along the way. The heck of it is, at the time, I was clueless as to which ones were sinkers and which were the floaters. Totally unaware which way it might go on MANY occasions. It's kind of a crap shoot, right?

C) The cool thing is... It doesn't matter - lol. Some of us don't care much about swings, or chocolate covered cherries, or whatever. Others do. But it's all good. Everyone gets a very wide berth here to float around at will so long as the spirit and camaraderie of the joint remains in tact, Amazingly it always does.

D) There will be times (at least for me anyway) - Non responses to just about anything signal total disagreement just as much as it signals "OK, fine, enough said." Could go either way, right? Have come to let folks tell me for themselves if they want or care to stick with something or just move on to other territory. Found that if I try to interpret on my own what others are thinking, I've got about a 1/10 chance of being right - lol.

We've all probably questioned ourselves along these lines somewhere - eventually. I would assume. Whatever it is in this case that gave you pause - flew right over my head and I've read your posts! So no worries!

Onward and upward! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND as Buss Lightyear says.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My turn to snort my beverage of choice over the keyboard! In my case, it wasn't ice water, but something a little more adult. Hey, it's 5:00 somewhere!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

In a more serious vein, I pulled a couple of clubs out of my bag and gave them a swing this morning for 15 or 20 minutes. I chose a 7W and a PW. Got along better with the iron than the wood which was a bit of a surprise as that 7W used to be a can't miss club. But, I suppose when trying to adopt a new swing all past experience is rendered moot!

It's a bit of an odd-ball swing, I'm sure; part Ballard, part Mellor, but more the former than the latter. I'm finding that the footwork is really important. Getting the proper footwork sequenced is what takes all the stress off the low back. Get that right and you're half way there. Don't overswing and you've done it!

I even had a go hitting balls. Boy is that a tough transition going from swinging a club to try and maintain the same tempo and rhythm to hitting a ball. Probably overswung on one shot with the wood and I could feel that. Nothing sharp, just a soreness that I was able to stretch out when I got done. I even did a bit of putting practice on my artificial auto-return do-dad and was making putts like no one's business!

I figure it's going to take me about a month to get used to the idea of hitting golf balls so that I can play nine holes without issue barring problems of any sort. This may just happen! :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Good on ya as they say!

From one chronic back sufferer to another - I 100% agree that knee and foot work are huge. Now this part may or may not be shared by us both given our own individuality in what we each go through. For me, especially at first... the fear of re-injury sits on one shoulder screaming at me with the desire to find some brand of power (distance) in the other ear.

So dumbars me made two early mistakes. My mantra about tension - this is where it surfaced in spades. I KNEW the backswing was slower, smoother, and frankly less than complete. The lead shoulder was not ready to get all the way over and the arms and hands wanted to get as far back as possible. Enter the second mistake.

In transition, I did what today I call a "rip-sway". I'd jam the hips as much toward the target as my spine would suffer, STOMP on that lead foot, and absolutely snap that handle through the strike as hard as I could. For me that only hurt a little and I could repeat it. Well enter Mr, Push who traded places alternately with Mr. Duck Hook. And once I was in that tunnel, I couldn't get out of it. The back tolerated it but it was a madussa beeotch trying to play that way.

So best to you in getting swings at least tried. Go slow - and from here I'd say let that knee and foot work guide you to SMOOTHER more relaxed unhinging through the release versus my stupid "rip-sway" move. We don't hit it at the top of the backswing - lol. No need to tense up or add stuff up there thinking "power" will come from it. It won't! lol.

My Open pic: Adam Scott...and yes it is because of the caddie, driver, coach switch.

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, best in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

Anyway, that was my last grille convo. Nice thread.

My Open pic: Adam Scott...and yes it is because of the caddie, driver, coach switch.

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, beat in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

Welcome to this Grille, Spooky. Sure hope you'll feel free to climb aboard. This is about as laid back, funny, even educational as it gets. Folks wander in from all over the planet - all good souls.

You mentioned the local greens being overhauled. Around here there was a movement a couple of years ago to switch to a new strain of grass. Basically it was driven by a couple of hard summers with very low rainfall. This newer grass type was supposed to hold up well and require less watering. I have to say, they putted "differently" in terms of green speed and breaks. Not better, not worse - just different. But those things are now far less prone to pitch marks and seem to be holding up very well.

If that's remotely what you're going through - there's probably going to be a little period of adjustment in getting used to them. Not even sure if that's behind the upcoming change or not.

Anywho - WELCOME!

US Open picks: I have no idea. I haven't really watched any amount of golf this spring, just bits and pieces along the way. I'd be just as far ahead choosing a chimpanzee to throw a dart at a board as me coming up with the name of the guy that will put together the four days of his career. Maybe it's Fowler's turn, but I don't think it will be him. I don't know why, but the face that just popped into my mind was that of Marc Leishman, so I guess I'll go with that.

Sco, no bucket of ice, it’s difficult with back pain. DW cannot hang out washing, stir pots of food, bend down to pick up things, and what can you do about it, usually nothing. I can commiserate with you, going from working on a golf course to not being able to swing club. I find days when my hand does not work, pees me off something rotten. We have now decided what ever happens so be it, some things you cannot change so we have to make the most of what we have. Sometimes it’s not ignoring the subject, it’s difficult to know what to say, sometimes no amount of words can help, I suppose it’s nice to know you are being listened to.

Rest assured we all feel your frustration and hope you find some way to play without too much pain.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, best in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

A big welcome from down under, I came to the Grille as a last resort not liking the majority of the on line comments and have been here ever since. A good bunch of people talking about anything that comes to mind and most important total acceptance for any views discussed.

Come back soon and sit with the boys enjoying a good meal cooked by our favourite hamburger man Gus

Yes Adam Scott, it’s his turn..

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)