Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Interesting fact about kangaroos.

In Australia we have dams, a dam is called a pond in other places but they can be small, large, shallow or deep. Many rural properties have dams, our next door neighbour has one and that is why the kangaroo visits it's his supply of water. Many rural properties also have dogs and resident kangaroos. Sometimes a dog will chase a kangaroo, the kangaroo will take to the dam to escape, if the dog follows they will attack and hold the dog under water untill it expires, this is a fairly common event.

Another interesting fact about the stupidity of local committees. A swimming pool in a residential property has to have a certified childproof fence that cost squillions, they are inspected every year for a large inspection fee and large fines are imposed for non compliance. On the same property the owner can have a dam, equaly as dangerous and as deep, this does not require a fence, more children drown in dams than swimming pools. Go figure.

Makes perfect sense to me...

You have to protect the kiddies from the dangers of a man-made recreational facility, hence the fence so no child inadvertently walks right in and drowns. On the other hand, a dam is a natural feature of the landscape and as such fencing it off would prevent the wildlife from accessing their water source, so you post signs DANGER! DEEP WATER! There, that should work and the do gooders have done their good... Of course you could always fence off the dam and charge admission by calling it a park/wildlife refuge/conservation area, but the gov't is the only ones that get to do that...

Talking about double standards; our property backs onto a park with a man-made lake that acts as flood control and doubles as a none-to-clean recreation facility. The lake expands quite rapidly in spring when the snow melt is in full swing and you get those typical late winter early spring rains on top of it so I have what has been classified as an intermittent watercourse through the property. There are restrictions on what you can do with this, so it has been in meadow for about as long as I can remember. You have to cut it a couple of times a year and at one point I used to bale it as hay. I remember thinking that i could just plant more grass on the surrounding field beside this intermittent watercourse and let the cows go back there and graze it off during the mid summer heat as that area would still be nice and green. Nope! couldn't do that without fencing off the intermittent watercourse from livestock access. But there's no watercourse in July or August. It's bone dry back there. I'll show it to you; take pictures, whatever you require. Not necessary. The map says it's an intermittent watercourse so it must be fenced if you intend to allow livestock access. Ya, that's not going to happen... :wacko:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Ahem... The wedge hoe has struck again. Had my offer accepted for a Cleveland RTX 3 CB 54/11 with the Rotex graphite shaft at 1/2" over standard. Didn't expect that! Happy Father's Day I guess...

Pretty sad that I'm buying clubs even though I still haven't got back to playing yet. Just trying to be prepared I suppose...

On the plus side, I now have a couple of minty fresh lightly demoed Vokey's that I can sell or I could just gift them to my son for his birthday in September. DW is not going to be impressed with another long and narrow mailer arriving at the doorstep... :busted2:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Interesting fact about kangaroos.

In Australia we have dams, a dam is called a pond in other places but they can be small, large, shallow or deep. Many rural properties have dams, our next door neighbour has one and that is why the kangaroo visits it's his supply of water. Many rural properties also have dogs and resident kangaroos. Sometimes a dog will chase a kangaroo, the kangaroo will take to the dam to escape, if the dog follows they will attack and hold the dog under water untill it expires, this is a fairly common event.

Another interesting fact about the stupidity of local committees. A swimming pool in a residential property has to have a certified childproof fence that cost squillions, they are inspected every year for a large inspection fee and large fines are imposed for non compliance. On the same property the owner can have a dam, equaly as dangerous and as deep, this does not require a fence, more children drown in dams than swimming pools. Go figure.

Makes perfect sense to me...

You have to protect the kiddies from the dangers of a man-made recreational facility, hence the fence so no child inadvertently walks right in and drowns. On the other hand, a dam is a natural feature of the landscape and as such fencing it off would prevent the wildlife from accessing their water source, so you post signs DANGER! DEEP WATER! There, that should work and the do gooders have done their good... Of course you could always fence off the dam and charge admission by calling it a park/wildlife refuge/conservation area, but the gov't is the only ones that get to do that...

Talking about double standards; our property backs onto a park with a man-made lake that acts as flood control and doubles as a none-to-clean recreation facility. The lake expands quite rapidly in spring when the snow melt is in full swing and you get those typical late winter early spring rains on top of it so I have what has been classified as an intermittent watercourse through the property. There are restrictions on what you can do with this, so it has been in meadow for about as long as I can remember. You have to cut it a couple of times a year and at one point I used to bale it as hay. I remember thinking that i could just plant more grass on the surrounding field beside this intermittent watercourse and let the cows go back there and graze it off during the mid summer heat as that area would still be nice and green. Nope! couldn't do that without fencing off the intermittent watercourse from livestock access. But there's no watercourse in July or August. It's bone dry back there. I'll show it to you; take pictures, whatever you require. Not necessary. The map says it's an intermittent watercourse so it must be fenced if you intend to allow livestock access. Ya, that's not going to happen... :wacko:

Our local decision makers must be related.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Ahem... The wedge hoe has struck again. Had my offer accepted for a Cleveland RTX 3 CB 54/11 with the Rotex graphite shaft at 1/2" over standard. Didn't expect that! Happy Father's Day I guess...

Pretty sad that I'm buying clubs even though I still haven't got back to playing yet. Just trying to be prepared I suppose...

On the plus side, I now have a couple of minty fresh lightly demoed Vokey's that I can sell or I could just gift them to my son for his birthday in September. DW is not going to be impressed with another long and narrow mailer arriving at the doorstep... :busted2:

I've been more than remiss in not offering a "all the best" as you address your back issues. Getting back into golf shape.....Life shape. You're approaching in a prudent fashion. Not trying to rush the progress, taking it slow and easy. You'll get there!

Nice score on the Cleveland wedge. That has to be a fairly rare bird, with the graphite shaft and .5" over. Likely a special order. Anticipating a future necessity is how I would consider the acquisition.

Been playing a RTX-3 56/11 non-CB version this year. Picked it up slightly used at the LGS back in March. Wouldn't think there's not a whole lot of difference between the two. At least for us mere hackers. Took a few rounds to get use to the V-Sole. After getting the feel for how the sole works, find it quite versatile from field or sand. Not to mention, hit a few decent shots with it. Which has a way of boosting the confidence level.

Think I've become not all that fussy about wedges, grinds, etc. Not that I ever was. Simply wanted to try a newer wedge, that had grooves that were not 15+ years old. The new Cleveland doesn't spin the ball any more or less than the old Hogan SI that I was using prior. Must be the swing. About the only wedges I'm not particularly fond of are high toe ones like the MD. They look "funny" to me. Have many club biases, cannot hit anything that I do not like the looks of.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

You're mighty subdued/quiet these days Radro-San. You OK, buds?

I be fine Budster. I be home chillin' with my bride just enjoying life. Don't have a lot

to say presently but have been reading along and enjoying the commentary.

Have new wonderful neighbors that bought the house next door a little down the hill.

Nice young couple in their early 30s with 2 young daughters...……...and …..he is a

golfer! No time right now for either of us but we'll get to it next time I come home or in

the fall when we both have more time to get out there.

She is a surgical nurse and he is a CNC miller. I asked him if he mills putters.....had to,

lol.………...he mills aircraft parts.

Our neighbors the next house down after them...….we've been friends with them since

we moved here 14 years ago. He and I have played some golf about 1/2 dozen times.

He's an occasional golfer and won't play in the summer heat.

For most of our time living here I've been playing with the group I met at the RTJ at

Capitol Hill. Those guys are out there 3-4 times a week. They're serious golf addicts

and one is a far worse club ho than me. I've fallen out of touch with them though since

I haven't been playing the past couple years. I'll need to rekindle those relationships

soon so I'll have some regulars to play with when I retire. None of them work....all

are retired and practically live at the course.

And a lot of them are younger than I am...…...collecting their military retirement and

bennies. One of them...…...both he AND is wife collect military retirement. They live

well...…….as they should; they earned it.

Another guy reminds me of Sco. His wife is still working as a bank VP and he plays

golf and collects his retirement. She's played with us many times on the weekends.

She plays fast too and is really nice.

OK, enough from me...…...almost bought a pair of Nike Max Orange golf shorts. I do

have an image to maintain, lol...….and would have posted a pic....didn't buy them. I

have enough golf shorts; don't need more......and some of the red shorts I have are an

orangey red anyway...…….so close enough.

I had Cobi read the paragraph and look at the pic Tol posted of that big Roo. She was

impressed and knows they are not to be messed with.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Good deal, Rad. Glad all is well.

Started to, then didn't post what follows a half-dozen times in recent days. To Hades with it. Here goes nothing.

///////////

His tired sore back carries the dead weight of performance past as he filters highest hope from worst fears.

His palpable enthusiasm upon arrival switches to a contemplative, quieter behavior during play and even deeper reflections on the ride home.

The chorus and refrain of sun and wind ravage his skin while testing his resolve. The scenery swells his heart, and lurks to spoil. His calloused hand gives him away.

A silence granted him is sometimes deafening.

His endeavor is filled with opposites. Distance and difficulty are often inversely related.

Rules make a hideously difficult task harder and challenge his integrity. He must forgive himself and encourage others caught in the struggle, especially beginners.

The belt he wears, the equipment he swings, the swing itself, his demeanor, are subject judgment. The harshest is often levied upon himself.

Promises of ever better things tempt him. He learns the hard way which promises to believe.

He yearns to replicate moments with loved ones at very special places even though those moments, and too often those people, or even those places are long since gone.

It’s drains his time, tests his fortitude, depletes his finances, exposes interactive weakness, and calls into question his priorities.

His attractions to it defy expression. He steadfastly tries to explain it… or… perhaps not.

Commitment levels that enable execution can spill into his heart leaving him myopic and insensitive.

His talent, vast or small, can be developed with dedication and hard work - if he wants it. Such discoveries make him either his own best friend or worst enemy.

The cruelty of the architect overshadows what could have been ahead of commitment to what could be.

He will be cringingly embarrassed on his journey.

He eventually relies on vivid imagination given his failing eyes. But he gratefully accepts things are as they should be as the hour glass flows.

Despite all… There’s little if anything he’d rather do…. No one he’d rather be… Than a golfer.

The long odds are ironically the allure. A score can be beaten but never a spirit.

Perfection is found in being allowed to fail. Bonds forged are more binding than the chemistry of his irons.

It’s not one shot. It’s not the sound of a ball rifling through the cool morning air. It’s not belief the next shot or outing will be better. It’s not hopes of a hole in one, the camaraderie, or beauty of nature. It’s not the laughter or memories made. It’s not sentimentality cherished older clubs. Nor the promise of newer ones.

It’s all of the above.

Under the tipped cap and behind the calloused handshake, is the soul tested. Tested on a journey where excuses aren’t necessary and effort outweighs results. It’s not about the ultimate getting there. It’s about the endless going.

Sometimes, not always, this all luckily came to him from his father. He’s luckier still when he passes it down.

Sometimes, not always, like the swing itself, what is revealed isn’t easily expressed but most definitely felt.

Isn't it just like golf to do that?

////////////

Whatever this Sunday does or or doesn't mean to you, no matter how or when golf came to mean whatever it means to you...

Happy Father’s day Grillesters!

I've been more than remiss in not offering a "all the best" as you address your back issues. Getting back into golf shape.....Life shape. You're approaching in a prudent fashion. Not trying to rush the progress, taking it slow and easy. You'll get there!

Nice score on the Cleveland wedge. That has to be a fairly rare bird, with the graphite shaft and .5" over. Likely a special order. Anticipating a future necessity is how I would consider the acquisition.

Been playing a RTX-3 56/11 non-CB version this year. Picked it up slightly used at the LGS back in March. Wouldn't think there's not a whole lot of difference between the two. At least for us mere hackers. Took a few rounds to get use to the V-Sole. After getting the feel for how the sole works, find it quite versatile from field or sand. Not to mention, hit a few decent shots with it. Which has a way of boosting the confidence level.

Think I've become not all that fussy about wedges, grinds, etc. Not that I ever was. Simply wanted to try a newer wedge, that had grooves that were not 15+ years old. The new Cleveland doesn't spin the ball any more or less than the old Hogan SI that I was using prior. Must be the swing. About the only wedges I'm not particularly fond of are high toe ones like the MD. They look "funny" to me. Have many club biases, cannot hit anything that I do not like the looks of.

Thank you! Suffice to say that this is going to be a bit of a slow process.

I took my 6 iron out this morning after I had done my exercises and gone for my morning walk. Swung the club blind for 5 minutes or so and was satisfied with the motion, so went and got a few balls to give a hit. The two I made good contact with were fine, but the rest were all topped and I felt myself trying to hit the damned thing rather than just swinging the club and letting the ball get in the way. I may still have a bit of inflammation in my right SI joint because I feel that barking, but it's not serious. Persevere and this too shall pass. At any rate, I got a bunch of running around done as my computer was in the middle of a big software upgrade only to return to the blue screen of death... Shut it off and let it sit for 5 minutes while I fixed my lunch and everything was back to normal upon restart.

Going to hit the road this afternoon for another ride. I've been doing a bit of reconnoitering for route potential and have eliminated a couple due to traffic. Will have to start driving to a rail trail or some other location with proper bike lanes as it's too damned busy around here other than a couple of routes that are quiet this summer due to construction.

Regarding the new to me wedge, it's funny how I had narrowed the field to either Cleveland, Ping or Titleist back in the winter as those three had relatively similar head shape that blended in well with my i25's. I was really leaning towards the Cleveland when Titleist put all of their SM-6's on discount to make room for the new model, so I went with those instead. 4 months later and a reassessment of the situation has me headed back in the direction of my first choice although I wasn't thinking graphite at the time. I'm sure it will be fine, but I suppose I thought that about the Vokey's too... :huh:

You might have noticed that the loft is a bit different than what I have been playing for a number of years. My thinking is that I'm only going to have 2 wedges; a PW and a SW both playing at the same length so the yardage gap shouldn't be too bad. When I do get back out there I'm only planning on carrying 10 clubs, maybe even just 8 if the gaps are manageable. We'll see, but I do know that I'm not hitting the ball quite nearly as far as I once did. 180 is probably a pretty good poke for me with a driver and it just goes downhill from there. Based off of my April experience I'm figuring on being a good club shorter with irons and more so with woods.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Pop quiz.

How do you pronounce Mizuno?

In Japan I learned how it is supposed to be pronounced, and I'm pretty sure we all say it wrong.

MIZU NO lol i think we have been pronouncing a lot of their words wrong ! They have a very strong inflection on the 2nd syllable?

Sco you sound like you're getting there,and slowly is the key. Take it easy and just keep going the way you feel like is

helping you the most.

Are the Vokeys too heavy? Or the steel shaft causing elbow/wrist discomfort? I am getting more comfortable with my One

Length clubs...but I do miss my graphite shafts. You would think I would have thought of that when I purchased them...DUH..

Got 9 in last evening. Only missed two greens,so the iron play is getting there. And ,like you, I have noticed a drop in

driver distance, My normal drive now is in the 215/225 range.anything longer than that has a cartpath or sprinkler head involved !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Stuey -

If you happen to stumble onto a set of Rifle 5.5 shafts, please hang on to them for me. 6.0 is fine and dandy but I'm not getting any younger. 5.5s are pretty scarce unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. Might end up with easier to locate 5.0s anyway, but thought maybe you'd find a set on the scrap pile one day. (Folks tell me the difference for me in 6 vs 5.5 won't be noticeable enough to make it worth it. I dunno.

What tip size you looking for? If I was to hazard a guess, probably .355 tapers. Have a set of .370 (5 - GW) Rifle 5.0 sitting around unused. Blue labels, so after TT bought out Royal Precision. Some have mentioned noticing a difference once Rifle became part of TT. I question the validity of that.

It's a half flex change moving from 6.0 (S+) to 5.5 (S). So whether the difference is noticeable is dependent on how perceptive one is to changes in shaft flex. The usual caveat of everyone's different applies. WTS, if your goal is to "soften up" moving forward, 1/2 flex is perhaps not worth the time or trouble.

Here's a photo from a 2001 Golfsmith catalog with some info on the RP Rifle's.

I have those Rifle flighted (FCM) shafts in my Mac combo set. They are 5.0s and by today's

standards, fairly heavy at 135 grams...………..but they don't feel any heavier to me than my

various Ping iron sets. I was surprised by that when I first hit them, frankly. And, of course,

these are the Royal Precision (pre TT) shafts....stepless. The shaft bands are still there and

in good shape.

Those Mac heads help balance those out good--- That is a pretty good combo

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Started to, then didn't post what follows a half-dozen times in recent days. To Hades with it. Here goes nothing.

///////////

His tired sore back carries the dead weight of performance past as he filters highest hope from worst fears.

His palpable enthusiasm upon arrival switches to a contemplative, quieter behavior during play and even deeper reflections on the ride home.

The chorus and refrain of sun and wind ravage his skin while testing his resolve. The scenery swells his heart, and lurks to spoil. His calloused hand gives him away.

His endeavor is filled with opposites. Distance and difficulty are often inversely related.

Rules make a hideously difficult task harder and challenge his integrity. He must forgive himself and encourage others caught in the struggle, especially beginners.

The belt he wears, the equipment he swings, the swing itself, his demeanor, are subject judgment. The harshest is often levied upon himself.

Promises of ever better things tempt him. He learns the hard way which promises to believe.

He yearns to replicate moments with loved ones at very special places even though those moments, and too often those people, or even those places are long since gone.

It’s drains his time, tests his fortitude, depletes his finances, exposes interactive weakness, and calls into question his priorities.

His attractions to it defy expression. He steadfastly tries to explain it… or… perhaps not.

Commitment levels that enable execution can spill into his heart leaving him myopic and insensitive.

His talent, vast or small, can be developed with dedication and hard work - if he wants it. Such discoveries make him either his own best friend or worst enemy.

The cruelty of the architect overshadows what could have been ahead of commitment to what could be.

He eventually relies on vivid imagination given his failing eyes. But he gratefully accepts things are as they should be as the hour glass flows.

Despite all… There’s little if anything he’d rather do…. No one he’d rather be… Than a golfer.

The long odds are ironically the allure. A score can be beaten but never a spirit.

Perfection is found in being allowed to fail. Bonds forged are more binding than the chemistry of his irons.

It’s not one shot. It’s not the sound of a ball rifling through the cool morning air. It’s not belief the next shot or outing will be better. It’s not hopes of a hole in one, the camaraderie, or beauty of nature. It’s not the laughter or memories made. It’s not sentimentality cherished older clubs. Nor the promise of newer ones.

It’s all of the above.

Under the tipped cap and behind the calloused handshake, is the soul tested. Tested on a journey where excuses aren’t necessary and effort outweighs results. It’s not about the ultimate getting there. It’s about the endless going.

Sometimes, not always, this all luckily came to him from his father. He’s luckier still when he passes it down.

Sometimes, not always, like the swing itself, what is revealed isn’t easily expressed but most definitely felt.

////////////

Whatever this Sunday does or or doesn't mean to you, no matter how or when golf came to mean whatever it means to you...

That's a wonderful expression of a journey that continues and how it changes with time and age.

I am amazed that you can find the words; must have taken some time. On the other hand; the

organic nature of those thoughts need not be put down in some sort of order. Perhaps best to

type the words as they come.

I will always tie golf to my dad. He was the one who got me started; provided me clubs and balls

and everything needed to play. He always paid for the rounds; would not have it any other way.

He would talk about Hogan and pinching the ball off the turf. My dad had a passion for the game;

much moreso than I did in those days. I was more into playing tennis and racquetball and golf

was, for me, time spent with him.

The funny thing is, the passion for the game struck me later; when I started taking my stepson

to the course to play. He and I played a lot together in the early 90s. At the time, my dad was

living in Kansas and we did not see each other much.

My dad and his wife returned to SoCal in the mid 90s and bought a place in a retirement

community called Leisure World in Seal Beach. There was a 9 hole course there that was free

to the members and he was out there playing often. He got into building his own clubs and

tinkering; like many here in the Grille.

Unfortunately, he and I did not play together again as I was driving a truck by then and wasn't

home much. Always thought there would be time for us to get out there again when I had the

time. One day when Cobi and I were there visiting, not long after Cobi and I got married, he

suddenly told me he as done playing golf and was going to give all his stuff to me.

I refused to take the stuff because I refused to believe he was done playing. He said he just

physically couldn't play anymore. He looked fine to me and I thought he was just maybe in a

temporary funk or something. Well, later trips to the doctor and tests, etc. he was diagnosed

with Parkinson's. He didn't have the kind that causes tremors and shakes but he was rapidly

losing his motor skills. It was a very sad time.

I eventually let him give me all his golf stuff; which I later gave to my stepson Paul. He lived for

another 4 years or so and it was so hard to watch him decline. I will end this part right here.

Which brings to mind something I heard not long ago. It was from a tour player who had gotten

paired with Sam Snead at the Master's when Sam was old. Sam wasn't playing very well, which

of course is understandable, but he was smiling and laughing and having a great time anyway.

Of course, tour players are not happy when playing badly no matter what age, especially in front

of people, so this player asked Sam why he was so friggin' happy and Sam said...…………..

"Because you don't know which round is gonna be your last and I want my last one to be a happy

one".

Maybe that's why I'm always happy on a golf course. I never asked my dad about his last round. I

didn't think to, honestly.

SLED Gemini

///////////

It’s all of the above.

////////////

Thank you. That was truly beautiful! :good:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Wow, just looked at the leaderboard on PGATour.com. DJ is looking good! He's the only one

under par at the moment. That course is tough!

I saw a clip of Holly Sonders saying she played 12 holes before the tournament and quit because

it was too hard, lol.

SLED Gemini

Bicycles. Boooooooooo.

Let me explain. As a youngster I went everywhere on my bike, heavy traffic no problems as you took care, obeyed the road rules and had no major accidents and very few minor ones.

No Idea what America is like but in Australian cyclists want the whole road system to revolve around them, many of them are good, do the right thing, but so many do not care about anyone else. A recent road rule, if you pass a clylist you have to be 1meter away from him, on very narrow roads this is almost impossible, they ride two, three, and sometimes four abreast on main roads and you still have to give the outside rider 1meter clearance. The other side of this, if a cyclist overtakes a car they do not need to be 1meter away, so if an accident happens which is quite often as they run into car doors being opened, the car driver is then at fault for not being carefully opening his door. They want a cycle path along every road, special consideration but quite often refuse to use them when they are there, but are unwilling to contribute towards the cost which for what they want would cost billions of dollars, at the same time road rules do not apply to them, it’s regular to see them go over a pedestrian crossing that is in use, run red lights, the wrong way down one way streets.

I have no problem with cyclists if they obey the rules of the road, act in a considerate way, and contribute towards the financial burden there demands cause, unfortunately, this does not happen in Australia.

We have similar laws in the State Of South Carolina. Really here I do not have any problem at all with what I call "professional cyclists" you know the ones who wear the reflective racing type clothing with the helmets with the mirrors attached. Those folks seem to do pretty well. The main problems down here is the drunks and dope addicts on bicycles. They actually piss the former group off because they give them a bad name too. Of course down here with all the old farts drunks and tourists you do take your life into your hands even attempting to ride a motorcycle on these roads. Another problem we have down here is mopeds. No license tag or insurance required. You are supposed to have a moped license which they will issue even if you loose your real ones for DUI or such.

Saw an incident down here a few years back when this old fart clipped a bike. These were some of the professional cyclists and there was no designated bike path. SC law does state in fact they do have the right to ride on certain roads if there is no designated bike path. Now they do have to obey traffic laws just like we do in a motor vehicle. These folks were on some kind of charity ride. Anyhow most of the people in cars were using caution getting around them but this one old fart whipped in between 2 cars and cut back in and rear ended 2 of them. 6 of us in cars saw the whole thing plus so did the other cyclists. Of course we stopped to help. Fortunately one of the cyclists was a doctor and one was a paramedic and we did get help fast. One of the cyclists had severe swelling of the brain and the other one had a broken leg. Now this old fart did not seem shaken or concerned at all. He was saying stuff like GD bicyclists etc should not be on the road. I started after him going to choke slam him and one of the cops (who happens to be a friend of mine stopped me). He was arrested and when he went to court they did take his license for life. He also got the crap sued out of him. From what I heard now with what his insurance did not cover his comfortable retirement is not so comfortable any more. That one lady with the brain injury did recover but she will never be able to work again. He was even arrogant in court both times I went in both the criminal and civil cases. I heard he lost his house and all over the deal--- Served him right for being a douchebag

Wow, just looked at the leaderboard on PGATour.com. DJ is looking good! He's the only one

under par at the moment. That course is tough!

I saw a clip of Holly Sonders saying she played 12 holes before the tournament and quit because

it was too hard, lol.

Those greens are tough saw Phil throw a spinner 9 iron or wedge in right at the hole and it did not stop. If he can not stop one I do not know who could. Saw Russel Henley 3 putt from 5 feet. LOl did not bet on DJ or anyone this week of course if I had bet DJ he would have shot 90 on opening day--- In fact I have not bet on any professional golf this year or done any pools. I am going to watch it while I can it is starting to storm here and I will more than likely lose the satellite in the next few

Reason. Extraordinarily well written!! Your composition brought more than a moment of pause in reflection. Tears to my eyes in remembrance. Thankfully, you decided to share it with all of us. In honor of our Fathers that we learned from, and the Fathers we strive to be. A virtual tip of the cap.

Happy Father's Day gentlemen.

Damn onions.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Is it considered bad form to

* Ask a golfer who collapsed on the green to move two balls to the right?

* Swim out to the club you threw in the lake? Even if it's a playing partner's club?

* Rummage through a tip jar to find a good ball marker?

* Suggest on the 1st Tee you're working through anger management issues and hope no one takes it personally?

* Whip out your lucky carrot and rub it under each arm before putting?

Conflicted.

All of those seem perfectly fine to me...except the carrot one....we are talking about the vegetable right? lol. Those seem to me to be better form than this: Couple weeks ago we were playing two man teams match play, team score wins six was the max score per man. Last hole, we had pressed on 17 so if we win the last hole the bet would be a wash. I had a short putt and my partner had a looooong putt. My putt looks pretty easy and my partner's looked impossible to hole. Guy on the other team tells me mine is good- I'm 5 at that point, remember max is 6. My partner rolls in a bomb for 3 so we are 8. The other team went 5 and 4 for 9...we win right? Wrong...the guy that gave me my putt said "No...I thought he was 6, I wouldn't have given him that putt at 5." So now I'm getting a bit ill, I've played terrible all day, so I agree to putt. Now we can't agree on where the ball was, and I'm getting more and more ill. So I finally putt and miss. I was not amused...lol.

It made me feel a lot better to read this...I buy clubs I don't need to buy too...all the time. lol. Don't even get me started on buying shafts I don't need to buy....

Hope you are back to playing soon.

Pop quiz.

In Japan I learned how it is supposed to be pronounced, and I'm pretty sure we all say it wrong.

MIZU NO lol i think we have been pronouncing a lot of their words wrong ! They have a very strong inflection on the 2nd syllable?

Sco you sound like you're getting there,and slowly is the key. Take it easy and just keep going the way you feel like is

helping you the most.

Are the Vokeys too heavy? Or the steel shaft causing elbow/wrist discomfort? I am getting more comfortable with my One

Length clubs...but I do miss my graphite shafts. You would think I would have thought of that when I purchased them...DUH..

Got 9 in last evening. Only missed two greens,so the iron play is getting there. And ,like you, I have noticed a drop in

driver distance, My normal drive now is in the 215/225 range.anything longer than that has a cartpath or sprinkler head involved !

Too heavy and too short which makes extending unfeasible. It also doesn't help that I'm also dealing with a tendinitis flare up so that made the decision academic.

I'm really noticing weight of the clubs all of a sudden. I'm trying my best to get some flow in the bag and the Vokey's were out of sorts with the rest of the bag. If you think about it that's the way it has to be when you go from a 75 gm shaft in your irons to a 120 gm shaft in the wedges there's a big jump in static weight. The Rotex shaft in this new to me RTX-3 is only 95 gm which follows a lot more closely to my shaft weight curve throughout the set. Playing it 1/2" over isn't going to make it feel like wielding a sledge hammer.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reasy and Rad; thank you both for your eloquent words. Lots of memories and lots to contemplate. :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Pop quiz.

here ya go, brought to you by Mizuno :)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkxNzMZfnK8[/media]

lol i was in the same general area.....somewhat !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

So the correct pronunciation is MEE-zun-O!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

So much for my US Open prognosticating. Good thing I don't actually bet. 2 missed the cut and the

one that made the cut is 11 shots back. I'm as bad as the Paulsons.

SLED Gemini

////////////

Very nice Reasy, written as only you can.

My Dad didn't play golf, but he was still interested in me playing it, and was the one who got me playing in my best sport baseball at I think the age of 3. Anyway, nicely done as always :clapping:

Oh and this statement of yours....

"Sometimes, not always, this all luckily came to him from his father. He’s luckier still when he passes it down."

My dad as he got up in age of course knew how much our son Brian loved flying, but dad had to give up flying due to heart problems before Brian could ever fly with him. So all dad ever got to do was see Brian fly on flight simulator as a kid. Dad passed away long before Brian ever got his pilot's license. I always wanted to get one myself and dad was teaching me to fly, but that got nixed when I got epilepsy at age 30. So now I can fly once Brian gets us up into the air. Anyway, it all got passed down to Brian, so he got golf from me, and flying from dad. He's taking me flying for breakfast across the state on Sunday morning to a little hometown airport called Carroll County Airport. Should be a great morning for flying .(and mom can come too) :)

These little places are the funnest... http://www.tso-apt.com/

They certainly have a good publicity department.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

So much for my US Open prognosticating. Good thing I don't actually bet. 2 missed the cut and the

one that made the cut is 11 shots back. I'm as bad as the Paulsons.

It's just a sh*t show... It's been that way since Chambers Bay!

The last really compelling US Open was 10 years ago at Torrey Pines!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy father’s day to all in America, our Father’s Day is September. It’s a day for contemplating all the good times with those still with us and those departed. I can no way compete with the beautiful sentiment that reason posted I can only agree with him and give him a huge high five.

Sco I have posted previously about DW back pain. What we realised quite a while ago is there are many experts that do not agree with each other, their treatment varies to such an extent it’s impossible to recognise it as treating the same complaint. We found that certain things we do has an effect positive and sometimes negative so we have gone our own way, we act in a manner that gives best relief. I know this will not answer your problem but it is what we have found. DW gets best relief with targeted exercise and this has come with trial and error, also identifying those things that have the most impact in a negative way and avoiding them altogether . I know I am probably preaching to the converted but don’t give up the things you love to do, there will always be a way round the problems, it’s an individual thing. DW has almost given up on many ocaisions.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sco I have posted previously about DW back pain. What we realised quite a while ago is there are many experts that do not agree with each other, their treatment varies to such an extent it’s impossible to recognise it as treating the same complaint. We found that certain things we do has an effect positive and sometimes negative so we have gone our own way, we act in a manner that gives best relief. I know this will not answer your problem but it is what we have found. DW gets best relief with targeted exercise and this has come with trial and error, also identifying those things that have the most impact in a negative way and avoiding them altogether . I know I am probably preaching to the converted but don’t give up the things you love to do, there will always be a way round the problems, it’s an individual thing. DW has almost given up on many ocaisions.

I have come to discover everything that you have said, tol. You quite literally have to chuck sh*t at the wall and see what sticks both from a treatment perspective and a lifestyle/activity perspective. Call it a voyage of discovery.

I feel as though I'm making some progress finally, but that maybe simply a matter of eliminating the stress of the wedding with it now in the rearview mirror. Bouncing seems to be the real bugaboo. That came back into focus yesterday afternoon as I did a short stretch on the rail trail with my bike. The section I rode was under construction last year. It gave new meaning to the term washboard. I stood pedaling most of the way. Won't go on that section again. I don't feel too bad this morning and I have yet to resort to pills so I should be fine. As you say, you have to find your boundaries. It's a bit like overswinging in golf, you get reminded that you don't want to do that. Still it's nice to get out there and attempt a few things that I enjoy even if it's only for 45 minutes to an hour at a time. At this point, I haven't really given anything up just yet. I may end up doing them in a bit different way, but I'm OK with that.

Perhaps the biggest roadblock I will have to overcome is competitiveness. I'm already sensing the change now in that my attitude has changed to one of enjoying the fact that i can still do activities rather than focusing on how well I perform at those activities. I was always looking for something new that might offer the promise of an improved performance. Now that isn't really a concern, although I'm sure my rationalizing will shift to looking for something that makes ___ easier, so the hoing may lessen but not end entirely... :lol:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

There are days I can hate this game! :angry:

All it takes is another pace-of-play thread started by some condescending asshat that has it all figured out or so he thinks... I swear that some of these folks must have heard about the Swiss model where you have to have a licence to even get on a course to play. That'll grow the game...

And if I hear one more of these young guys rail on about seniors and women I'm going to smack them upside the head with my 9 iron! Not my graphite shafted one either, but a real heavy duty forged blade on the end of a Dynamic Gold!!

The best response I've run across is when someone asked quite sincerely; If golf is so good, why does everyone want it to end so quickly? :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reason. Extraordinarily well written!! Your composition brought more than a moment of pause in reflection. Tears to my eyes in remembrance. Thankfully, you decided to share it with all of us. In honor of our Fathers that we learned from, and the Fathers we strive to be. A virtual tip of the cap.

Happy Father's Day gentlemen.

Damn onions.

Thank YOU, Sir. Thanks to all my our buds here who help each other in a thousand silent ways every day. . :drinks:

There are days I can hate this game! :angry:

All it takes is another pace-of-play thread started by some condescending asshat that has it all figured out or so he thinks... I swear that some of these folks must have heard about the Swiss model where you have to have a licence to even get on a course to play. That'll grow the game...

And if I hear one more of these young guys rail on about seniors and women I'm going to smack them upside the head with my 9 iron! Not my graphite shafted one either, but a real heavy duty forged blade on the end of a Dynamic Gold!!

The best response I've run across is when someone asked quite sincerely; If golf is so good, why does everyone want it to end so quickly? :dntknw:

There was a couple of courses that tried that kind of police work a few years back. They wanted you to show your handicap card so they would tell you what tees to play. What a joke. One of those courses was ONLY 6300 from the tips. My friend from Charlotte and his daughter and I played there. This crusty old starter asked for handicap cards. She was playing college golf at the time and was a 3 something and he was a 2 or something like that. I got the starter good when he asked me. I told him I did not keep an amatueur handicap card. He said why not? you should. I told him because I was not an amateur and then produced My Grand Strand Tour card and my NGA card. He about flipped. That deal lasted at that course about a month if that. It was not that spectacular of a course to begin with and folks were not going to put up with that BS to play there. In fact I could write a whole post on different management groups and the fiascos that went on there over the years. In fact the course closed a couple of years ago. I know in my years here before it closed it went through several owners and management groups

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)