Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Ha! Ha! Ho! Ho! You've been wandering about. Perhaps to the "Ultimate Anser" thread? Great solution, let's lay on a raft of regulations and stipulations on when and how fast everyone should play. If you cannot abide, you have no business playing. How dare you high cappers spoil my experience. More jackwagoning. Gawd, I'm thankful that I typically play at low end publics with the other unwashed. So contact with the pretentiousness is minimized.

Take strolls through WRX'ville periodically. Find a lot of it fairly boring and pretentious stuff (other than here and classics). Tried reading through some of the U.S. Open thread early this a.m. Good grief. Such arguing and posturing over players, course, conditions. Yawn. One titled "Clown Golf"; didn't even need to check that one out. Have a feeling they weren't talking about putt-putt.

Good thing golf is actually kinda fun to play. Had 10 pars in my round on Wednesday. Probably the most I've ever had (passive brag). Unfortunately, if I wasn't making par, was likely to be a triple bogey. Very erratic, especially the first 9. Probably playing to slow, looking where I hit my damn ball, mucking it around for a few holes. Slowing down POP all on my own. Still managed a 47/40 somehow. Headed to the last hole at only 2 over. Then the pressure of trying to finish strong and break 40 got to me. A shot into a bunker and a three putt finish for another double bogey. Shizzle. Was striking the ball pretty well throughout, other than periodic brain fart moments where I forgot how to swing a club. Eh. It is what it is. Signs at least that things are coming together.

Playing the Hogans. Committing to the Hogans. Hitting the ball well with the Hogans. Nothing indicates that I should ever play the Pings again. Think they have fully "jumped the shark". Dumping them with the next eBay seller discount offer. Going to be playing out on a very long plank for awhile.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

There are days I can hate this game! :angry:

All it takes is another pace-of-play thread started by some condescending asshat that has it all figured out or so he thinks... I swear that some of these folks must have heard about the Swiss model where you have to have a licence to even get on a course to play. That'll grow the game...

And if I hear one more of these young guys rail on about seniors and women I'm going to smack them upside the head with my 9 iron! Not my graphite shafted one either, but a real heavy duty forged blade on the end of a Dynamic Gold!!

The best response I've run across is when someone asked quite sincerely; If golf is so good, why does everyone want it to end so quickly? :dntknw:

There was a couple of courses that tried that kind of police work a few years back. They wanted you to show your handicap card so they would tell you what tees to play. What a joke. One of those courses was ONLY 6300 from the tips. My friend from Charlotte and his daughter and I played there. This crusty old starter asked for handicap cards. She was playing college golf at the time and was a 3 something and he was a 2 or something like that. I got the starter good when he asked me. I told him I did not keep an amatueur handicap card. He said why not? you should. I told him because I was not an amateur and then produced My Grand Strand Tour card and my NGA card. He about flipped. That deal lasted at that course about a month if that. It was not that spectacular of a course to begin with and folks were not going to put up with that BS to play there. In fact I could write a whole post on different management groups and the fiascos that went on there over the years. In fact the course closed a couple of years ago. I know in my years here before it closed it went through several owners and management groups

The roaming Ranger on a golf course. Used to see one coming and would immediately start to set my weapons on "stun". Hated seeing one even heading near my group. Could feel the blood pressure rising.

No joke, I'd see him coming and think, "If he so much as opens his mouth I'm going to bust his bubble so badly he'll drive right past us for the rest of the day.". No some of these poor guys were just trying to do his job. Some were condescending SOBs who would shame Barney Fife and for all I know carried a bullet in their pocket! lol.

I can't explain how, when, or why it happened but somewhere along the way I realized the very sight of that cart and the adrenaline stir it was giving me was yet another lesson I needed to learn. That seething boil was just under the surface and I suppose I finally figured out it was something I had to tame.

Maybe it was two/three things. I "think" these folks are trained nowadays they'll get farther/faster using a kinder approach. So many of them these days come at you as though they're just trying to do their job and approach with a smile.

I "think" more and more of the guys doing that job have played enough golf themselves to KNOW what it takes to get people on their side rather than tempting folks to whip their butts.

I "know" a big part of it is me. If we're out there doing the best we can, letting others play through when slow, observing the rules... we have nothing to apologize for. Chatting it up with the Ranger for a moment can actually be pleasant - even a little fun. Don't know why I didn't look at it that way sooner in life. No doubt I wasted some good adrenaline in years gone by. Probably ruined the outing for others and myself along the way.

Maybe it's a little of all the above. I just don't see one rolling up on us these days with that Barney Fife attitude, not does the sight of one get my blood pressure up. Heck, some of those guys are hilarious. This is something I would never have dreamed possible 20 years ago. LOL.

Scomacer....

Maybe it's the video game generation. They can play 18 holes in 20 minutes in front of a game console. Maybe its in part us. We've aged enough to want to savor it like a nice wine or cigar. Maybe the younger ones haven't learned to do much of anything (yet) without prematurely "ejecting". lol.

They'll learn. And we'll let them play through if they want.

I must confess, no matter age the group behind may be. I do HATE holding people up. It's so easy to just keep playing via ready-golf and such and it's so easy if you and your group's pace of play isn't enough to keep the group behind from waiting... just let them through. it's so simple!

There's something about knowing folks behind me are leaning on their club in the fairway waiting for me over and over that gnaws at my gut. Would MUCH rather just let them through when/if it happens.

This whole pace-of-play business is not going away. We need to keep in mind, some people post crap just to stir the pot..

How many more "GOLF IS DYING" or "GOLF IS TOO SLOW" threads will there be in the coming years? Some folks want to start a "hot" topic even if they don't deeply believe what they say in the original post. It's beyond me why, but some things just get the masses to hop in and comment when the topic has already been beaten to death a thousand times. Clueless as to what drives some topics to spin-up so endlessly.

Ha! Ha! Ho! Ho! You've been wandering about. Perhaps to the "Ultimate Anser" thread? Great solution, let's lay on a raft of regulations and stipulations on when and how fast everyone should play. If you cannot abide, you have no business playing. How dare you high cappers spoil my experience. More jackwagoning. Gawd, I'm thankful that I typically play at low end publics with the other unwashed. So contact with the pretentiousness is minimized.

Take strolls through WRX'ville periodically. Find a lot of it fairly boring and pretentious stuff (other than here and classics). Tried reading through some of the U.S. Open thread early this a.m. Good grief. Such arguing and posturing over players, course, conditions. Yawn. One titled "Clown Golf"; didn't even need to check that one out. Have a feeling they weren't talking about putt-putt.

Good thing golf is actually kinda fun to play. Had 10 pars in my round on Wednesday. Probably the most I've ever had (passive brag). Unfortunately, if I wasn't making par, was likely to be a triple bogey. Very erratic, especially the first 9. Probably playing to slow, looking where I hit my damn ball, mucking it around for a few holes. Slowing down POP all on my own. Still managed a 47/40 somehow. Headed to the last hole at only 2 over. Then the pressure of trying to finish strong and break 40 got to me. A shot into a bunker and a three putt finish for another double bogey. Shizzle. Was striking the ball pretty well throughout, other than periodic brain fart moments where I forgot how to swing a club. Eh. It is what it is. Signs at least that things are coming together.

Playing the Hogans. Committing to the Hogans. Hitting the ball well with the Hogans. Nothing indicates that I should ever play the Pings again. Think they have fully "jumped the shark". Dumping them with the next eBay seller discount offer. Going to be playing out on a very long plank for awhile.

ATTA-BOY!!!!

ATTA-BOY!!!!

Atta-boy indeed! :good:

Far be it from me to suggest what you should play or do, my friend, but I think that you're going to be far happier going the route that you have chosen regardless of what the know-it-alls would advise. If nothing else the second guessing will be gone as the GI option will have been removed.

Me; I'm going in a slightly different direction, but as they say necessity is the mother of invention, so I will bury the hatchet of past disappointments and vow to adapt. I have had plenty of good rounds with the Pings so I know that I have it in me. Time to commit for once and all as they are likely to be the most suitable implements for my new reality.

I was just thinking the other day that if I can get to two nine hole games a week without incident for the remainder of the season that will be a triumph. This crossed my mind as I read some other thirty something b*tching about only getting to play 3 times a week all while he worked fulltime and had a couple of sideline gigs as well... :rolleyes: Like you, I'm glad that I live amongst the great unwashed as the price for admission to the privileged section is surely too steep to bare...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Regarding the marshaling thing -- you'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. Be pleasant and polite. Ask twosomes to join up for the remainder of the round to help speed things along, but do it in such a way as to make it sound as though they're helping you out rather than being a d*ck about it and demanding compliance. Not everyone has the personality for the job and it usually shows up rather quickly. Bad experiences with course employees gives the course a bad reputation in the eyes of the consumer and that is something that you want to avoid. A few subtle suggestions can make a difference and if all else fails ask them to let following groups through.

I've gotten calls from out on the course complaining about PoP. The complainer will be certain the issue lies with the group ahead when often times in maybe a half dozen holes ahead. If you explain the situation to them and the likelihood that the blockage is about to pass that maybe all that's necessary. If you can't assuage them then offer them a full refund in the form of a raincheck. The objective should be to try and diffuse confrontation. There was only one time I couldn't and that became downright silly when you've got two groups of senior women screaming at one another. When it was all said and done I felt a bit like a school teacher scolding these women on their behavior and how that didn't solve anything with the only result being that everyone had ruined their rounds. They all came to see my point-of-view and I never had an issue with either group again and they didn't even change the times that they played. If folks are willing to be reasonable most problems can be solved satisfactorily.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Back pain. One of the most prevalent limiting conditions in our society. Compound that with a lack of meaningful education, plenty of misinformation, and our medical system's penchant for diagnostic imaging and you have a massive problem. Sprinkle in the over use of opioids used to "manage" the problem and now we have inadvertently created a new and growing problem.

Diagnostic imaging is useful when preparing for a surgical procedure, it is not useful in determining the cause of an individual's pain. An individual that has undergone an MRI will often be saddled with frightening pathoanatomical knowledge that may cause fear and uncertainty. The dreaded bulging disc comes to mind, I saw a 20yo in the clinic this week that has had back pain since he was 16. He recently had an MRI where a very small disc bulge was noted. He told me he has stopped working out and stopped playing baseball because he has a "bad back".

The crucial component in successful treatment of back pain is matching the individual with the proper intervention. Two individuals with chronic low back pain that presents very similar may need drastically different interventions for successful treatment. Another crucial component for long term success is educating and empowering the individual to treat themselves. While back pain may seem nebulous, it can be successfully treated under the right circumstances. There is no "one way", matching the individual to the correct intervention is key.

Congrats on the nice round Fella!

10 pars, a back 9 40, including the double...….big picture, much to be happy about. You know you

can do it! When you were playing well do you remember how it felt and what you were thinking, if

anything? There's something there you can draw upon in future rounds.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Back pain. One of the most prevalent limiting conditions in our society. Compound that with a lack of meaningful education, plenty of misinformation, and our medical system's penchant for diagnostic imaging and you have a massive problem. Sprinkle in the over use of opioids used to "manage" the problem and now we have inadvertently created a new and growing problem.

Diagnostic imaging is useful when preparing for a surgical procedure, it is not useful in determining the cause of an individual's pain. An individual that has undergone an MRI will often be saddled with frightening pathoanatomical knowledge that may cause fear and uncertainty. The dreaded bulging disc comes to mind, I saw a 20yo in the clinic this week that has had back pain since he was 16. He recently had an MRI where a very small disc bulge was noted. He told me he has stopped working out and stopped playing baseball because he has a "bad back".

The crucial component in successful treatment of back pain is matching the individual with the proper intervention. Two individuals with chronic low back pain that presents very similar may need drastically different interventions for successful treatment. Another crucial component for long term success is educating and empowering the individual to treat themselves. While back pain may seem nebulous, it can be successfully treated under the right circumstances. There is no "one way", matching the individual to the correct intervention is key.

Amen. Sounds like a line could be formed at your door with guys and their wives here.

And the stuffed shirts say it's dismissive to say that they've lost the course. It's not nearly as bad as it was in 2004! Talk about setting the bar high for mismanagement! Someone will win this circus side show... :rolleyes:

Oops! The F-bombs are rolling freely for everyone to hear and they're not bleeping them out! You've got to feel for DJ's frustration. :(

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Amen. Sounds like a line could be formed at your door with guys and their wives here.

I'd be happy to help anyone if I could. I treat people with back pain every work day and have been at it for 20+ years. If anyone needs anything, questions, input, etc. please message me and I'll be happy to try and help if I can.

Leader board morphing. Phil's application to the OGA accepted.

Alcohol flowing heavily in the crowd.

Clubs here in the wash for tomorrow. Playing this one tomorrow with Sonny Boy:

http://www.theballan...geGuideBook.pdf

Have an awesome time tomorrow with Sonny Boy. BTW, my nickname growing up was Sonny

and my mom called me Sonny Boy all the time, lol.

Wow, DJ +6 so far today, Phil shoots 81 and look who's leading....last years winner. My man,

Tony Finau started the day 11 shots back and now is only 2 back with his round of 66. It would

be awesome if Tony wins. Super nice guy, former Big Breaker and can hit it as far as anyone

with only a half swing......and now a Ping staffer yielding the G400 Max driver and some sort of

prototype forged Ping irons. He was playing the iblades. You got this Tony!

SLED Gemini

I'd be happy to help anyone if I could. I treat people with back pain every work day and have been at it for 20+ years. If anyone needs anything, questions, input, etc. please message me and I'll be happy to try and help if I can.

That is very kind of you Spooky. Lots of back issues brewing in here.

SLED Gemini

You're absolutely right! My former doc, now retired never mentioned that I had degenerative discs. I guess he figured that it wasn't helpful to my treatment and recovery. The new doc that took his place told me this very matter of factly and you could have knocked me over with a feather especially when she said that I would need to modify my activities. You should have seen her screw up her face when I told her that I golfed and would like to get back to that! Essentially my physiotherapist told me not to be scared of the information I had been given because it was a very common condition at my age and work history and that getting back to my regular routine would give me the best opportunity for a full recovery. Sure, some adjustments maybe necessary, but you don't just stop living out of fear!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

POP, playing off the last group before a junior golf tournament, we were only three holes in and someone came up to us and asked if we could speed up as we were holding up the juniors, these are under 16. We were as close to the group in front as we could be without hitting up on them, we pointed this out and he said well push them. Never having seen this person around the club before I asked him are you a club Marshall, he said no I am with the junior group and they like to play fast. I told him they should have arranged to be first off in the morning, first tee off time was 5.00 am, if they wanted a free course, now stuff off and let me enjoy my game. No further problems and we finished in under 4hours. They were sill complaining about pace of play after the game.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

POP, playing off the last group before a junior golf tournament, we were only three holes in and someone came up to us and asked if we could speed up as we were holding up the juniors, these are under 16. We were as close to the group in front as we could be without hitting up on them, we pointed this out and he said well push them. Never having seen this person around the club before I asked him are you a club Marshall, he said no I am with the junior group and they like to play fast. I told him they should have arranged to be first off in the morning, first tee off time was 5.00 am, if they wanted a free course, now stuff off and let me enjoy my game. No further problems and we finished in under 4hours. They were sill complaining about pace of play after the game.

You handled that like a champ! I would have told the asshat to go pound salt too! :angry2:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The last “specialist” we visited had a three month waiting list and was expensive. Part of the consultation was telling us an operation was required but we could not afford him, he also tried to sell us a $2000 exersize programme that he claimed was run by a friend and he made nothing from it even though the gymnasium was next to his consulting room, he carried on as if he was on something. We had discussed the other treatments we had tried, he said they would never work and he was the only person qualified to help us, then said he was going to contact the other doctors and tell them they were wasting patients time with their treatment.

Suffice to say we never went back or took up his offer of the gymnasium sessions.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

The Open is now changing its name forever

it will here after be known as

Phil's Golf Rules Open !

Reading elsewhere on the site,I am really amazed at some of the arguments,comments.stances,and just plain old Holier than thou people !

Great entertainment !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

The U.S. Open, Shinnecock Hills, and the greens. One person's observation.

The greens looked to be as dried out as the local muni in August. Did they loose it? For the afternoon round, yeah they did. In the quest to make the course and greens as difficult as possible, decisions were made that went beyond being prudent. They tried to walk the fine edge between difficult and unplayable and got burned (no pun intended). By all accounts the conditions changed dramatically from the morning rounds to what we saw in the afternoon. Saw a number of shots that were penalized by the conditions and they shape of the greens. If one hits an iron shot into the center of the green, the ball should not roll 30 yards off the backside.

The superintendent at a course like Shinnecock is in the top echelon of his profession. They have the best turf grass management knowledge, understand the dynamics and idiosyncrasies of the course they have been hired to take care of and manage, have all the best in technological tools to measure and monitor conditions. As well as other superintendents in the area that act as behind the scene consultants, helping the lead super in preparing and maintaining a Open venue. The GCSA is a pretty tight knit group. Have to believe he knew the risk the USGA was taking with mowing heights, withholding water, if the winds were to blow. And risky locations if the greens dry out. These guys know every square inch of their greens.

But after a point, all he could do was offer recommendations and step aside. The USGA greens committee (or whatever they're named) calls the shots. And Mike Davis admitted as much during the post round interview. Yeah, they lost the course in the afternoon.

I get it. The U.S. Open should be a stern test of golf. And if one enjoys watching bogey golf, you watched yesterday with enjoyment. But what I watched was ridiculous. How tricked up does the course need to be in order to protect par? Let's make the greens practically unplayable and watch them struggle. Somehow that's become the holy mantra by the USGA in determining conditions . Berger and Finau both shooting shooting -4 earlier in the day. Everyone else, the top players in the game, backpedaling towards the finish in plus figures later in the day. Tells you something.

IDK. Heading to the pool at my sister's today. Suppose to be in the 90's around here, planning on staying wet. Being glued to the TV watching the tournament is down the priority list. Probably DVR it, just in case something exciting happens. That I'll fast forward through in the evening. But more of what I watched late round yesterday? No thanks. Not interested.

Quiet morning... Being a Sunday I suppose that's appropriate. DW is working afternoons this weekend so it will be extra quiet for me. It's funny, but I was reading a thread over on the Classics section and I found my mind wondering off to the early Sunday morning rounds my buddy Dave and I used to play at a local goat track. As long as we were first or second group out we could walk the 18 in about 3:45. It was pan flat and about as interesting as two day old leftovers, but for $22 we didn't care. I had a lot of good memories there. This is the first time I've found myself missing those outings... Who knows? Something to work towards perhaps by the end of summer.

Hit a few more balls again yesterday afternoon when the TV golf got to the point of ridiculous. I hit what was left in the bottom of my shag bucket, about 15 in total spread between an 8 iron and a driver. Each time I go out I get a few more reps in and I'm pleased that there are no nasty after effects figuring that the morning after will always be the acid test. Can't say that the quality of my strikes are anything to write home about, but there's generally one or two that remind me of how it's supposed to be a feel. At least i'll have the cold comfort that when I get back out there I can advance the ball and the off line shots won't go too far so lost balls should be kept to a minimum... :tongue:

This is opening weekend for the CFL, so now I have a professional sporting distraction that's actually entertaining versus the alternatives. My team had a competitive outing on the road against Calgary and thus begins the countdown to how long it will be before Johnny Football gets in a game that counts. At least with our version of the great game anything can happen and anyone can beat anyone on any given Sunday (well, it's actually a Saturday or Friday or Thursday as we don't have Sunday games) It's not like the current version of baseball that we are being subjected to this season with four great teams and everyone else battling over draft picks. If they think that attendance is down now, just wait until September and most stadiums will look like Tampa Bay. The nerds are going to kill baseball!

So, do you think it would be appropriate to lays some odds as to who will eventually prevail this afternoon at Shinnecock? I have no idea who is going to win. In fact I won't be at all surprised if it's someone that's off the first page and posts a number earlier in the day kind of like Finau and Berger did yesterday. How about back-to-back majors for the guy that everyone loves to hate -- Patrick Reed?

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

You'll get there my friend. Slow and steady improvement. How well you may play is immaterial. Arriving at the destination what's important.

No idea you will emerge (survive?) as the champion. Wouldn't mind Justin Rose winning again. Always liked him as a player, seems to have the right kind of attitude towards the game. And if his putter gets hot....... Don't think Berger or Finau will withstand the pressure. DJ better putt a whole lot better than yesterday if he's going to make a run at it. That's the one weak link in his game, a sometimes unreliable putter. Why not back-to-back by Koepka. While C. Strange is in the house.

Think I've named about everyone other than Patrick Reed. For a reason.

I'm with you guys. This just looks like a total waste of time. Just do not think this should be considered a Major.. When you

have Phil and Ricky among the first out on Sunday morning,and they are a combined 28 over and are 6 under for the day?

This is not finding the best golfer this week. It is finding the luckiest player this week. Holding some of the greens was pure luck !

"Houston,We Have A Problem !"

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

It's too friggin weird that's for sure. Ricky shot 84 yesterday and then throws down a

tournament low 65 today? 19 shots different from Sat to Sun? I don't know what to

call it but a mess of a tournament.

SLED Gemini

Plus the US Open website where I have been watching keeps causing my laptop to freeze up

today. The USGA is messing up everything.

SLED Gemini

If I’m at the grille and someone mentions a physical ailment of some sort I am always happy to give a recommendation. If this is the wrong place for this guys please let me know.

Back pain. Lots of reasons, causes, contributors, etc. lots of treatments and as mentioned before matching the intervention to the individual is key. That being said I wanted to share a few thoughts here and there that may help or at the very least, not hurt.

One of the treatment options for many individuals is improving local motor control or as it used to be referred to improve “dynamic stability”. The deepest layers of our spinal/abdominal musculature work without us having to think about them when healthy. When we experience significant back pain these muscles become inhibited/muted. One very easy, safe way to improve spinal function is to improve the function of our deep/local stabilizers. An easy starting point is to improve the function of the transverse abdominis. Deepest abdominal layer that functions like a corset in healthy individuals.

To improve the function of this muscle, pull your navel back towards your spine. Think of pulling your abdominal wall in as if you were tightening a belt. The key is don’t take a breath in when you do this. You should breath normally during this contraction. Perform twenty, 5 second holds, five times a day, every day. You will notice a difference in 2-3 weeks.

If I'm at the grille and someone mentions a physical ailment of some sort I am always happy to give a recommendation. If this is the wrong place for this guys please let me know.

Back pain. Lots of reasons, causes, contributors, etc. lots of treatments and as mentioned before matching the intervention to the individual is key. That being said I wanted to share a few thoughts here and there that may help or at the very least, not hurt.

One of the treatment options for many individuals is improving local motor control or as it used to be referred to improve "dynamic stability". The deepest layers of our spinal/abdominal musculature work without us having to think about them when healthy. When we experience significant back pain these muscles become inhibited/muted. One very easy, safe way to improve spinal function is to improve the function of our deep/local stabilizers. An easy starting point is to improve the function of the transverse abdominis. Deepest abdominal layer that functions like a corset in healthy individuals.

To improve the function of this muscle, pull your navel back towards your spine. Think of pulling your abdominal wall in as if you were tightening a belt. The key is don't take a breath in when you do this. You should breath normally during this contraction. Perform twenty, 5 second holds, five times a day, every day. You will notice a difference in 2-3 weeks.

Spooky, this is absolutely fine to post this in the Grille as far as I'm concerned. My wife, Cobi

has spinal stenosis and we have been seeking alternative solutions to help her out. She also

has 3 kinds of arthritis back there as well; all a result of injuries when she was young.

I read your post to her and she is in complete agreement and is going to do this as you have

spelled it out. She keeps herself in shape and maintains an active lifestyle but she's very prone

to bad back spasms when she overdoes it and gets some inflammation going. When the spasms

hit the pain gets pretty intense and it can last for several days.

She's been going to a pain management center in Auburn, AL and they have tried the usual things.

Steroid injections; which didn't work; she has refused nerve ablation because the odds of it

helping are about nil. She has hydrocodone and oxycodone on hand that has been prescribed but

hates taking them and only will when the pain gets too intense, maybe a few times a month.

We're well aware of the addiction danger those 2 drugs bring with them. Just don't want to go down

that road at all. We're trying to tackle the problem with exercise and muscle strengthening.

SLED Gemini

Back to back US Opens for Brooks. I guess he proved he can win these whether the winning

score is low or high, lol.

Maybe next year they should not have a cut and just let it be a 156 player free for all. We all

know Tiger would have shot a pair of 63s on the weekend to win by 5. :cheesy:

SLED Gemini

If I'm at the grille and someone mentions a physical ailment of some sort I am always happy to give a recommendation. If this is the wrong place for this guys please let me know.

One of the treatment options for many individuals is improving local motor control or as it used to be referred to improve "dynamic stability". The deepest layers of our spinal/abdominal musculature work without us having to think about them when healthy. When we experience significant back pain these muscles become inhibited/muted. One very easy, safe way to improve spinal function is to improve the function of our deep/local stabilizers. An easy starting point is to improve the function of the transverse abdominis. Deepest abdominal layer that functions like a corset in healthy individuals.

To improve the function of this muscle, pull your navel back towards your spine. Think of pulling your abdominal wall in as if you were tightening a belt. The key is don't take a breath in when you do this. You should breath normally during this contraction. Perform twenty, 5 second holds, five times a day, every day. You will notice a difference in 2-3 weeks.

Spooky, this is absolutely fine to post this in the Grille as far as I'm concerned. My wife, Cobi

has spinal stenosis and we have been seeking alternative solutions to help her out. She also

has 3 kinds of arthritis back there as well; all a result of injuries when she was young.

I read your post to her and she is in complete agreement and is going to do this as you have

spelled it out. She keeps herself in shape and maintains an active lifestyle but she's very prone

to bad back spasms when she overdoes it and gets some inflammation going. When the spasms

hit the pain gets pretty intense and it can last for several days.

She's been going to a pain management center in Auburn, AL and they have tried the usual things.

Steroid injections; which didn't work; she has refused nerve ablation because the odds of it

helping are about nil. She has hydrocodone and oxycodone on hand that has been prescribed but

hates taking them and only will when the pain gets too intense, maybe a few times a month.

We're well aware of the addiction danger those 2 drugs bring with them. Just don't want to go down

that road at all. We're trying to tackle the problem with exercise and muscle strengthening.

I am SO doing this going forward. Quick question... you mentioned breathing through this. Will do. Why out of curiosity is that a "thing"????

And...

USOpen in the books for Brooks (again). Agree with all comments made. It was indeed a kind of an odd one. Today they managed to make golf and not the golf course the hot topic. Tommy Fleetwood (and as I say his all-girl-band) just slayed the dragon out there. Seemed there was a certain amount of audio muting going on to keep the ba-zoink-o fans at bay.

WAY TO GO to the firefighting amateur. Will butcher spelling...Matt Parzarelli??? Atta-boy to him.

95 degrees here today. Many lost golf balls. Many putts, often from short distance. But when a golfer is out there golfing, how bad could it be? Or better said, it doesn't get any better than that!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)