Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Oh my Reasy! That Bebe Rexha sure is a dish! :heart: :wub:

I swear they didn't make them like that when I was that age!

Never grow tired of The Boss

The bonspiel convener is the club director charged with organizing and running the various bonspiels that a club hosts. In gold speak this would be the tournament director.

As to whether I will get back to curling; I think that there's a fairly high probability that I will play again at some point. Like golf, it just won't be with the same frequency or to the same level of effort. I've got to do something afterall otherwise I will just seize up!

With curling by switching to using a delivery stick that removes half the strain on the back from playing the game. As long as I'm not a front end player with all the sweeping that entails, then the game becomes well within reach.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We live about 2 miles from this Amish deli, no long cool women, some short ones in long blue dresses... but great meat, cheese, other goodies, this time of year pumpkins, gourds, mums, lots of other stuff to sample, makes for nice shopping with DW, everything always fresh :)

Memories of St. Jacob's Farmers' Market there, Sxity. Unfortunately, it's about and hour's drive away. When I still had livestock it wasn't unusual for me to go up there most Thursdays with a drover friend if I wasn't busy out in the fields. We would come home with a cooler full of stuff every week -- smoked meats, cheese, baked goods, whatever fresh fruit was in season. I can remember loading the back of his truck up with 30-40 jugs of maple syrup or fresh pressed cider to take home and resell to the neighbours. You couldn't touch the price in retail locally and he still made enough to more than pay for his diesel.

I look back fondly on those days. "Lyle" would pick me up around 6 am and we would make a few stops along the way to fill out the load. Mostly cattle he would haul. You would get to the stock yard about 8:30, unload and book the animals in. In the mornings would be the beef sales with finished veal, fat cattle and then stockers going through the ring. That would keep us occupied until 11 or so and then we would head out for lunch at one of the counters within the Market building. The afternoon brought the dairy sale and that would usually wrap up around 2:30. By then, Lyle would have secured a couple of delivery jobs for the trip home. He would load early and leave the cattle on the truck while we did our shopping which would put us on the road hopefully by about 4-4:30. Make the drops on the way home and then I'd be back home between 6 and 7 just in time for dinner. The only downside was that I would have a few chores to do afterward, so it would make for a long day being up at 4:30 in order to be ready to hit the road at 6 am.

My old friend Lyle is still doing this at the ripe old age of 73 now. He doesn't move as quite as fast as he once did and he leaves the bull work to someone else, but he still makes that weekly trip to St. Jacobs bringing home his stash of goodies for the neighbours to delight over. I don't see him quitting anytime soon either as he just bought another brand new Dodge diesel pickup to haul his aluminum livestock trailer with! :to_become_senile:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just came home from the curling rink. They have a get acquainted bonspiel going on tonight. Essentially it's a get together to play a game to kick off the new season. League play starts on Friday night. DW has already gotten her calls for the two leagues she is signed up for.

Saw a lot of old familiar faces. When I walked into the vestibule I could barely see a thing due to the fog. Such is the case when you're trying to make ice and it's 80° F outside with high humidity. As soon as I walked in, the bonspiel convener asked me if I brought my equipment to which I responded; I'm not curling this year! I guess she succeeded in talking at least two others into going home and coming back and playing.

At any rate, I met the new bartender, had a drink and visited with a few folks. Watching curling was kind of pointless because you couldn't really see what was going on. From what I could gather, several folks did not renew their memberships due to health issues and then you always lose a few to attrition for various other reasons.

I think what surprised me the most was that despite spending a small fortune on new ice making and new rocks the curling didn't look a bit different than what I've been watching for the past several years. It's not only golf where the bigger variable is the Indian rather than the arrow! ;)

This sounds excellent!

Always fascinated by curling. Find myself watching it in the Olympics at 3am. So meticulous and precise.

If I might ask...

What are some of the preferred curling cocktails and snacks?

How come youre not curling this year? Sorry if you already explained.

I injured my back last fall curling. Not exactly sure what happened, but I have been diagnosed with degenerating discs in my lumbar/sacrum as a result of further investigation. It's amazing to me how some folks just don't get it. A sore back; how bad can that be? Some days are better, some not so much. It's a bit of a long story that has been documented in the annuls of these pages.

As far as curling specific snacks and beverages, perhaps the only one that comes to mind is a Hogliner which is a mixture of orange juice and cranberry juice for the teetotaler. I suppose it could quite easily have vodka mixed in, but I've never ordered it that way or been asked to. Some members have very specific beverage preferences which the old bartender knew by heart when you would order Gord's special or Shirley's special, so the new guy will have to be trained and that will take a bit.

A sore back, how bad can that be. I see how bad it can be most days, DW is literally crippled with it some days, now she cannot cut up vegitables, hang out washing, garden and thousands of othering she used to enjoy. Tablets are not good, enough cervise willgood de days but the stress brings on the AF. What we are hoping that after the ablation she will be able to exersize and fix some of the problem.

Do I know how bad a sore back can be and the debilitstinf effect it has on you quality of life, here’s hoping you can find a solution, so far the medical profession has not helped us.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

We live about 2 miles from this Amish deli, no long cool women, some short ones in long blue dresses... but great meat, cheese, other goodies, this time of year pumpkins, gourds, mums, lots of other stuff to sample, makes for nice shopping with DW, everything always fresh :)

Memories of St. Jacob's Farmers' Market there, Sxity. Unfortunately, it's about and hour's drive away. When I still had livestock it wasn't unusual for me to go up there most Thursdays with a drover friend if I wasn't busy out in the fields. We would come home with a cooler full of stuff every week -- smoked meats, cheese, baked goods, whatever fresh fruit was in season. I can remember loading the back of his truck up with 30-40 jugs of maple syrup or fresh pressed cider to take home and resell to the neighbours. You couldn't touch the price in retail locally and he still made enough to more than pay for his diesel.

I look back fondly on those days. "Lyle" would pick me up around 6 am and we would make a few stops along the way to fill out the load. Mostly cattle he would haul. You would get to the stock yard about 8:30, unload and book the animals in. In the mornings would be the beef sales with finished veal, fat cattle and then stockers going through the ring. That would keep us occupied until 11 or so and then we would head out for lunch at one of the counters within the Market building. The afternoon brought the dairy sale and that would usually wrap up around 2:30. By then, Lyle would have secured a couple of delivery jobs for the trip home. He would load early and leave the cattle on the truck while we did our shopping which would put us on the road hopefully by about 4-4:30. Make the drops on the way home and then I'd be back home between 6 and 7 just in time for dinner. The only downside was that I would have a few chores to do afterward, so it would make for a long day being up at 4:30 in order to be ready to hit the road at 6 am.

My old friend Lyle is still doing this at the ripe old age of 73 now. He doesn't move as quite as fast as he once did and he leaves the bull work to someone else, but he still makes that weekly trip to St. Jacobs bringing home his stash of goodies for the neighbours to delight over. I don't see him quitting anytime soon either as he just bought another brand new Dodge diesel pickup to haul his aluminum livestock trailer with! :to_become_senile:

73, he’s just a youngster as yet :)

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Just came home from the curling rink. They have a get acquainted bonspiel going on tonight. Essentially it's a get together to play a game to kick off the new season. League play starts on Friday night. DW has already gotten her calls for the two leagues she is signed up for.

Saw a lot of old familiar faces. When I walked into the vestibule I could barely see a thing due to the fog. Such is the case when you're trying to make ice and it's 80° F outside with high humidity. As soon as I walked in, the bonspiel convener asked me if I brought my equipment to which I responded; I'm not curling this year! I guess she succeeded in talking at least two others into going home and coming back and playing.

At any rate, I met the new bartender, had a drink and visited with a few folks. Watching curling was kind of pointless because you couldn't really see what was going on. From what I could gather, several folks did not renew their memberships due to health issues and then you always lose a few to attrition for various other reasons.

I think what surprised me the most was that despite spending a small fortune on new ice making and new rocks the curling didn't look a bit different than what I've been watching for the past several years. It's not only golf where the bigger variable is the Indian rather than the arrow! ;)

This sounds excellent!

Always fascinated by curling. Find myself watching it in the Olympics at 3am. So meticulous and precise.

If I might ask...

I injured my back last fall curling. Not exactly sure what happened, but I have been diagnosed with degenerating discs in my lumbar/sacrum as a result of further investigation. It's amazing to me how some folks just don't get it. A sore back; how bad can that be? Some days are better, some not so much. It's a bit of a long story that has been documented in the annuls of these pages.

As far as curling specific snacks and beverages, perhaps the only one that comes to mind is a Hogliner which is a mixture of orange juice and cranberry juice for the teetotaler. I suppose it could quite easily have vodka mixed in, but I've never ordered it that way or been asked to. Some members have very specific beverage preferences which the old bartender knew by heart when you would order Gord's special or Shirley's special, so the new guy will have to be trained and that will take a bit.

A sore back, how bad can that be. I see how bad it can be most days, DW is literally crippled with it some days, now she cannot cut up vegitables, hang out washing, garden and thousands of othering she used to enjoy. Tablets are not good, enough cervise willgood de days but the stress brings on the AF. What we are hoping that after the ablation she will be able to exersize and fix some of the problem.

Do I know how bad a sore back can be and the debilitstinf effect it has on you quality of life, here’s hoping you can find a solution, so far the medical profession has not helped us.

I think that's what it comes down to. You have to know someone who is basically crippled with back pain to appreciate how debilitating it can be. The couple that I play bridge with; Chuck's mother had spinal fusion about 40 years ago due to chronic issues with subluxation. I think he said that she was fused in three places. She has been fine ever since, but she can't really bend over. As a result she had custom built kitchen cabinetry to account for that. You just learn how to adapt as best you can and ignore those who can't grasp the gravity of what you deal with.

Let's face it, these activities are just that. if you can't do it anymore, you move on to something else that you can do. It's not that difficult once you accept the reality of the situation. Enjoy what you can and don't lament over lost loves. You'll be surprised what you can do! ;)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I can say that i agree with the idea that the folks who cant realize what a bad back is just have absolutely no idea how lucky they are.

My lower left sac. used to pop out.....would not be able to get out of bed for a day or two...have been lucky,the last ten years or so. Course

a lot of the luck may be from not swinging golf clubs as hard as my younger self did !

Great music videos,lots of fantastic pics.

Sixty,there are a couple of Eagles that nest down along the river. Cant get close enough to get a good pic tho....it is in a low laying swampy area.

They are a beautiful bird.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I can say that i agree with the idea that the folks who cant realize what a bad back is just have absolutely no idea how lucky they are.

My lower left sac. used to pop out.....would not be able to get out of bed for a day or two...have been lucky,the last ten years or so. Course

a lot of the luck may be from not swinging golf clubs as hard as my younger self did !

Sixty,there are a couple of Eagles that nest down along the river. Cant get close enough to get a good pic tho....it is in a low laying swampy area.

Pretty big river too, as we've flown into that little airport we see it. The trees all around that area flying down there really get pretty from here through the next month or so...

Pretty big river too, as we've flown into that little airport we see it. The trees all around that area flying down there really get pretty from here through the next month or so...

yeah, they are starting to get some color,...still a lot of green for this time of year...we are rapidly approaching the middle of Oct. and haven't seen below 50 yet.really unusual

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

pl

ants

plants!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

yeah, they are starting to get some color,...still a lot of green for this time of year...we are rapidly approaching the middle of Oct. and haven't seen below 50 yet.really unusual

We noticed the same thing over the weekend here, even though some trees are showing a tinge of turning, they are mostly still green, and very full for October, and the grass is very green still. Usually this time of year it can look burnt out from summer. As far as the leaves, apparently as the days become shorter and the chlorophyll process slows down and the green photosynthesis process slows down the other colors that were in there become more dominant? Finally the brown one, the last one to break down takes over, and that's it... I'm sure someone else knows more than me about it, I just know it looks nice. except for the raking or mulch mowing process which was originally designed by nature to be blown or otherwise directed at your neighbors property, then towns began making people bag leaves so that trash collectors could make a living so that they could pay taxes, and also that people would buy those plastic lawn blowers from places like Lowe's which they would incessantly use on a Saturday afternoon for hours to blow a shovelful of leaves about 15 feet because they never learned how to use a rake. They eventually burn out the little 1/16 horsepower motors.... they do wear cute little safety glasses... just sayin'

pl

ants

wasps

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reason,

Always liked the Long Cool woman song. Was in Fort Knox when I first heard it. Never understood the lyrics, until reading them on youtube. Working for the FBI, bad men and bottles piling high, etc.

Absolutely, I had no clue what the Hollies were singing. The song always reminded me of Kathleen Turner, (Body Heat) at the reading of the will scene. Racine, telling her outside, "You look good in black."

Won't argue with him about that.

Same here. There were so many songs I knew a couple of lyrics - or thought i knew a couple and was wrong. The songs that were clearly telling a story would capture my interest a little more. But if I didn't have the lyrics on an the album jacket or something I'd still end up getting some of it an missing a lot of it. This song was clearly one of those. With today's internet we can revisit some of those old curiosities.

Right on Scomacer - consider better informed on the bonspiel thing - and yes indeed - she's hotter than a two-dollar pistol.

pl

ants

wasps

pants

While the heart of the storm is a day from it's local appearance, we're seeing it's beginnings. Nothing bad - yet. Ground is already soaked from rains locally. She promises to raise cane on the power lines and trees.

All good thoughts to those in it's path. She's packing a punch. Lots of folks rode it out - al'a Stu. Not that this has one thing to do with Stu... There are folks who really can't leave. Don't have reliable transportation - don't really have anywhere or anyone to shelter them. Worried more about coming back to nothing and having no resources to rebuild. For a variety of individual reasons - many are considered a "dumb-arse" by outsiders don't quite understand the depth of their inability to just leave.

Must be a terrible dilemma when leaving is the smart thing to do but they literally "can't." There's not enough transport buses and free shelters in that area to deal with all who prolly "should" but really "can't" simply escape. And they'll surely have some very tough days ahead once it passes.

Man - We sure are among the fortunate. Our next meal or bath or drinkable water or prescription or demolished home isn't our worry.

We noticed the same thing over the weekend here, even though some trees are showing a tinge of turning, they are mostly still green, and very full for October, and the grass is very green still. Usually this time of year it can look burnt out from summer. As far as the leaves, apparently as the days become shorter and the chlorophyll process slows down and the green photosynthesis process slows down the other colors that were in there become more dominant? Finally the brown one, the last one to break down takes over, and that's it... I'm sure someone else knows more than me about it, I just know it looks nice. except for the raking or mulch mowing process which was originally designed by nature to be blown or otherwise directed at your neighbors property, then towns began making people bag leaves so that trash collectors could make a living so that they could pay taxes, and also that people would buy those plastic lawn blowers from places like Lowe's which they would incessantly use on a Saturday afternoon for hours to blow a shovelful of leaves about 15 feet because they never learned how to use a rake. They eventually burn out the little 1/16 horsepower motors.... they do wear cute little safety glasses... just sayin'

:rofl:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Scotee - I once made a remark about not fully appreciating a golf course being plopped in the desert. You may recall my opine. I hereby reverse that opine! LOL. There will be days ahead I'd dearly love to be there. Hashtag - Eating my words and they taste nasty.

Scomacer - I totally confess. Had to look up the term bonspiel convener. And didn't see it explained very well. Hashtag - stumped. Guessing it's the head person in charge?

Tol - We hit the Ikea hard when our kids were in college. Recall building our daughter a computer hutch and installing the hutch doors backwards!

Radro - Yes we've been socked in one eye by Florence and will now get slapped in the other eye by Michael. Have generator, will survive.

Bsc - Sure glad you've plugged back in lately. Ever play golf in North Jersey? Years ago but I used to play at some place I "think" was called Apple Valley. An annual company event was held there. Been a long time ago so I may be way off on the name. It was Apple-"something". lol.

Off to adjust my bonspiel. It's a little out of tune. :to_become_senile:

Hey Reas, thanks, besides making a general nuisance out of myself on tour talk, I love the Grille when it's time to chill ; )

Played a few times in south NJ, can't recall playing in North Jersey. Tons of courses in NJ. I generally play on Long Island, Westchester, or in good old Brooklyn! Although my playing time has been very low past few years. Hope to change that!

People are surprised that there is a very nice course in Brooklyn at Dyker Heights. I think it's been around since the late 1800s. You wouldn't even know your in the city on most of it...well except for the Verazanno Bridge there ; )

course1.jpg

This sounds excellent!

If I might ask...

Sorry to hear about the back. Brutal. I can totally see how it would be about impossible to participate in curling with a back injury. Really hope that you'll be able to play again and your back can get as well as possible asap.

Sounds like a really nice gathering and recreation with some great people. I am originally from the burbs and miss "knowing everybody" in town ; )

Best wishes to Mrs. Tol.

Sixty, I remember the 5 and 10 back then sold fake pineapple hand grenades for 10 cents. They were OD green and made out of plastic, about 3/4 the size of a real one. I had three or four that we threw around playing army.

I had a small arsenal of military toys back then. Marx company made nice, cheap authentic looking stuff. I recall having a Sharps carbine, M1 rifle, a 45 auto with plastic belt and holster, and a Luger. I believe the Luger and the Sharps both had a cartridge that was metal with an orange plastic projectile which fired from the percussion of a single cap.

I also had a Mattel snub nose 38 which shot a spring loaded cartridge. Held 6 cartridges, just like a real one. My Uncle Charlie commented that you could rob a bank with one.

Didn't want any part of army and war, especially when I was drafted.

When I had the gun shop and antiques dealer for clients, I bought a 1915 Luger pistol from them. Have never fired it, only bought a box of shells on original 9/11. The day I bought it, I showed it to my WW2 veteran Dad, and he exclaimed, "Why the h*** did you buy that?" Still have it, have no desire to fire it, just look at it once in a while.

Probably, the Luger is the only item I ever bought that has some real collectible value. Some years ago, a guy offered to buy it for twice what I paid for it, sight unseen. I won't sell it, unless financial circumstances would dictate it.

Cheers!

You remember you and I talked about that Mattel Dick Tracy .38 on here one night many moons ago. Yeah I had a bunch of Army stuff when I was a kid. One of the old man's cronies owned a Army Navy Surplus store. I had a real Army helmet steel pot with liner and all a Army Backpack , A duty belt with a genuine .45 holster but no real .45 but did have a Marx Toy .45 and a genuine Army hatchet and shovel. Later on I carried my Ruger .22 target pistol in that holster. I even got a real bayonet and sheath too. Had lots of stuff like that. That guy was always bringing me something. Later on after I got drivers license he asked me to help him pick up some jeeps he had dropped at a paint shop. He was also a used car dealer. Went to the local Earl Scheib and those clowns had painted everything gauges steering wheels and all. Needless to say he raised holy hell. Went by there the next day and they had some temps (rent a drunks) scraping that crap off because the manager ( who owned the franchise) fired everyone there.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Best wishes to Mrs. Tol.

Sixty, I remember the 5 and 10 back then sold fake pineapple hand grenades for 10 cents. They were OD green and made out of plastic, about 3/4 the size of a real one. I had three or four that we threw around playing army.

I had a small arsenal of military toys back then. Marx company made nice, cheap authentic looking stuff. I recall having a Sharps carbine, M1 rifle, a 45 auto with plastic belt and holster, and a Luger. I believe the Luger and the Sharps both had a cartridge that was metal with an orange plastic projectile which fired from the percussion of a single cap.

I also had a Mattel snub nose 38 which shot a spring loaded cartridge. Held 6 cartridges, just like a real one. My Uncle Charlie commented that you could rob a bank with one.

When I had the gun shop and antiques dealer for clients, I bought a 1915 Luger pistol from them. Have never fired it, only bought a box of shells on original 9/11. The day I bought it, I showed it to my WW2 veteran Dad, and he exclaimed, "Why the h*** did you buy that?" Still have it, have no desire to fire it, just look at it once in a while.

Probably, the Luger is the only item I ever bought that has some real collectible value. Some years ago, a guy offered to buy it for twice what I paid for it, sight unseen. I won't sell it, unless financial circumstances would dictate it.

Cheers!

My Dad came back from Europe after WW II with a few mementos. A Luger pistol and a Mauser sniper rifle with scope. My Grandmother wouldn't tolerate the pistol on the place and ordered it disposed of! It got tossed into the foundation of a chicken coop when they were pouring concrete!

The Mauser was acceptable and I still have it sans scope. Hasn't been fired in many years, but has been kept clean and disassembled. A neighbour used to take it moose hunting up north, but that hasn't happened in over 40 years or more. At 7.62 mm it's illegal for use in this part of the province, but fine in the north. My Dad said it was accurate up to a mile. I couldn't imagine firing it, but some folks would think hitting a MacGregor Hogan persimmon would be the last thing any modern day golfer would want to do... (cool)

Your Dad is correct on the accuracy. My wife had 2 of them and a 45/70 that her grandfather left her. Her brother stole and sold them he claims his ex girlfriend did it.

While the heart of the storm is a day from it's local appearance, we're seeing it's beginnings. Nothing bad - yet. Ground is already soaked from rains locally. She promises to raise cane on the power lines and trees.

All good thoughts to those in it's path. She's packing a punch. Lots of folks rode it out - al'a Stu. Not that this has one thing to do with Stu... There are folks who really can't leave. Don't have reliable transportation - don't really have anywhere or anyone to shelter them. Worried more about coming back to nothing and having no resources to rebuild. For a variety of individual reasons - many are considered a "dumb-arse" by outsiders don't quite understand the depth of their inability to just leave.

Must be a terrible dilemma when leaving is the smart thing to do but they literally "can't." There's not enough transport buses and free shelters in that area to deal with all who prolly "should" but really "can't" simply escape. And they'll surely have some very tough days ahead once it passes.

Man - We sure are among the fortunate. Our next meal or bath or drinkable water or prescription or demolished home isn't our worry.

What they do not know is that some of us "dumb arses" as they call us know how to survive. We have the common sense to survive and some skills too. Remember I told you my old Fire Chief visited me the week before the hurricane? Some of the guys were concerned about us. Chief did call me and ask if we were bugging out? I asked him what do you think ? He said I know you and you will not. He told the guys up there that we would be ok. Yeah fire service, emergency preparedness training and the Navy taught me well. A little common sense thrown in too. Now we are facing the tropical storm from Michael. I am not trucking tomorrow. None of our trucks are running because where we go every day (Darlington SC) is supposed to get higher winds than we are. Last thing I want to do is put a 48 foot dump trailer in the air with 40,000 Lbs of steel on it in 60 MPH winds. My boss agreed 110%. Like I say my Step Mom raised only one fool and it was not me. Another thing you do not want to be in the steel mill or shredder with the wind blowing like that. There will be more shrapnel flying around than there was on D Day. And you darn sure do not want to be pulling the open top containers (not dumps) especially empty in that kind of wind. Had to explain that to one of my fellow drivers who has been around enough (heck he is 3 years older than me) what was going on because he actually protested us not running. Besides I told him in front of the boss the Shredder was closed tomorrow. I told him they ain't going to operate any cranes in high winds. I also told him with all the loose metal you could not pay me enough to be at either the shredder or either one of our yards tomorrow. He is a good guy but absolutely no common sense

I guess I'm a slow learner when it comes to word games, but I can be taught...

Today and tomorrow are the last two decent days for golf for likely the rest of the season baring and appearance of Indian summer, but perhaps that's what we're experiencing right now. I had ideas of going out to play today, but then thought better of it as I was about to call and book a tee time. I have no idea why. If I was a woman, I could say it was woman's intuition, but that doesn't apply here or maybe it does...

Plan "B" became a bike ride, so off I went about 10 am this morning for an hour's jaunt down to and along the rail trail and then back again along a couple of quiet country roads (and a couple that weren't so quiet).

With that in the books and no worse for wear I arrived back home to all manner of activity as well as a couple of phone messages. Turns out that we have viewings booked for the next couple of days. About the time I tell everyone that it will be a slow process selling the old homestead, interest picks up just like that! Might be just as well I didn't go to play golf as I have my walking papers for the next couple of days getting things presentable once again. After a brief respite of about a week I find myself thrust back into the mayhem that is real estate. WE'll see what comes of it...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Reason,

Always liked the Long Cool woman song. Was in Fort Knox when I first heard it. Never understood the lyrics, until reading them on youtube. Working for the FBI, bad men and bottles piling high, etc.

Absolutely, I had no clue what the Hollies were singing. The song always reminded me of Kathleen Turner, (Body Heat) at the reading of the will scene. Racine, telling her outside, "You look good in black."

Same here. There were so many songs I knew a couple of lyrics - or thought i knew a couple and was wrong. The songs that were clearly telling a story would capture my interest a little more. But if I didn't have the lyrics on an the album jacket or something I'd still end up getting some of it an missing a lot of it. This song was clearly one of those. With today's internet we can revisit some of those old curiosities.

Right on Scomacer - consider better informed on the bonspiel thing - and yes indeed - she's hotter than a two-dollar pistol.

pl

ants

wasps

pants

My DW says Hawks and Eagles wear pants :)

Reason,

ants

wasps

pants

My DW says Hawks and Eagles wear pants :)

They're wearing PJs...…..looks like to me...….pretty cool. They have good taste......no Superman or Spiderman PJs.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Best wishes to Mrs. Tol.

Cheers!

You remember you and I talked about that Mattel Dick Tracy .38 on here one night many moons ago. Yeah I had a bunch of Army stuff when I was a kid. One of the old man's cronies owned a Army Navy Surplus store. I had a real Army helmet steel pot with liner and all a Army Backpack , A duty belt with a genuine .45 holster but no real .45 but did have a Marx Toy .45 and a genuine Army hatchet and shovel. Later on I carried my Ruger .22 target pistol in that holster. I even got a real bayonet and sheath too. Had lots of stuff like that. That guy was always bringing me something. Later on after I got drivers license he asked me to help him pick up some jeeps he had dropped at a paint shop. He was also a used car dealer. Went to the local Earl Scheib and those clowns had painted everything gauges steering wheels and all. Needless to say he raised holy hell. Went by there the next day and they had some temps (rent a drunks) scraping that crap off because the manager ( who owned the franchise) fired everyone there.

Exactly, we had stuff back then that they would freak out over now. I had that shotgun at 12 yrs old and a Bowie knife along with assorted pocket knifes and fishing filet knives. Of course nowadays all that would have to be locked up and could only be used and controlled by certified licensed lethal weapon handlers.

I feel an oldie groove coming on tonight...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

My definition of the redtail hawk...always plugged in, switched on, vigilant, but very cool at the same time :)

Full dress uniform:

When me and wife started goin for walks in Prospect Park, we just noticed the wildlife on the ground. The squirrels, chipmunks.

Then, some cool birds. Garden variety. But then some cool ones. Warblers. This yellow one especially.

We get geese nesting.

But even better.

Hawks. Number of varieties.

Our favorites are the blue herons. Total predators. Come in swooping, poised to kill.

In Brooklyn! Lol ; )

One day, Ill move into some *real* open skies country.

That would be nice.

Scotee - I once made a remark about not fully appreciating a golf course being plopped in the desert. You may recall my opine. I hereby reverse that opine! LOL. There will be days ahead I'd dearly love to be there. Hashtag - Eating my words and they taste nasty.

Scomacer - I totally confess. Had to look up the term bonspiel convener. And didn't see it explained very well. Hashtag - stumped. Guessing it's the head person in charge?

Tol - We hit the Ikea hard when our kids were in college. Recall building our daughter a computer hutch and installing the hutch doors backwards!

Radro - Yes we've been socked in one eye by Florence and will now get slapped in the other eye by Michael. Have generator, will survive.

Bsc - Sure glad you've plugged back in lately. Ever play golf in North Jersey? Years ago but I used to play at some place I "think" was called Apple Valley. An annual company event was held there. Been a long time ago so I may be way off on the name. It was Apple-"something". lol.

Off to adjust my bonspiel. It's a little out of tune. :to_become_senile:

Hey Reas, thanks, besides making a general nuisance out of myself on tour talk, I love the Grille when it's time to chill ; )

Played a few times in south NJ, can't recall playing in North Jersey. Tons of courses in NJ. I generally play on Long Island, Westchester, or in good old Brooklyn! Although my playing time has been very low past few years. Hope to change that!

People are surprised that there is a very nice course in Brooklyn at Dyker Heights. I think it's been around since the late 1800s. You wouldn't even know your in the city on most of it...well except for the Verazanno Bridge there ; )

course1.jpg

Cool!

Haven't been that way since the new Tappan Zee opened. Are there many bridge tolls on the various crossings?

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)