Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Great shots there @Fellaheen51 ! Very tranquill and scerene. I could use a break myself, which will be coming up soon enough in September when we go on a 7 day Alaskan cruise of the Inside Passage.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Two young businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a

> break in their soon to be new store in the shopping mall. As

> yet the store's merchandise wasn't in ---only a few shelves

> and display racks set up

>

> One said to the other "I'll bet that any minute now some

> senior is going to walk by, put his face to the window and

> ask what we're selling." Sure enough, just a moment later,

> a curious senior gentleman walked up to the window, looked

> around intensely and rapped on the glass, then in a loud voice

> asked "What are you selling here?"

>

> One of the men then replied sarcastically "We're selling a**holes"

>

> Without skipping a beat the old timer said "You must be doing

> well. Only two left."

>

>

> Don't mess with seniors.........................

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

ROTFLMAO---- Now gotta clean tea and tobacco juice off my NEW computer

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Two young businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a

> break in their soon to be new store in the shopping mall. As

> yet the store's merchandise wasn't in ---only a few shelves

> and display racks set up

>

> One said to the other "I'll bet that any minute now some

> senior is going to walk by, put his face to the window and

> ask what we're selling." Sure enough, just a moment later,

> a curious senior gentleman walked up to the window, looked

> around intensely and rapped on the glass, then in a loud voice

> asked "What are you selling here?"

>

> One of the men then replied sarcastically "We're selling a**holes"

>

> Without skipping a beat the old timer said "You must be doing

> well. Only two left."

>

>

> Don't mess with seniors.........................

>

my type of man, quick with the reply.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Some better news, splint is off son’s leg, four weeks of light exercise, then ready to go back into work. My shoulder requires light exercise, doctor was not impressed when I asked him if chain sawing three ton of wood counts as light, that is what I need to do fairly quickly so I can get it under cover before the rainy season.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, It is done...

I received a text from my lawyer around 5 pm that the funds had been wired and we have closed on our farm property.

Strangely enough this all occured during a wedding ceremony. My cousin and his spouse of 42 years renewed their vows. A strange thing to do or so I thought that was described as a reason to hold a party. Turned out to be one of the most emotional experiences I have ever had in my life when two people rededicated themselves to each other, only to be excentuated by the grown children's description of their parents lives togther and the impact that had on their collective lives. The house was blubbering like idiots! all of this occuring in a small lake port town of Port Colbourne as the lake frieghters rolled by on a hot and steamy August afternoon. It was a real life vigniette of what [smart People](http:// "Smart People") should have been about.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Well, It is done...

>

> I received a text from my lawyer around 5 pm that the funds had been wired and we have closed on our farm property.

>

> Strangely enough this all occured during a wedding ceremony. My cousin and his spouse of 42 years renewed their vows. A strange thing to do or so I thought that was described as a reason to hold a party. Turned out to be one of the most emotional experiences I have ever had in my life when two people rededicated themselves to each other, only to be excentuated by the grown children's description of their parents lives togther and the impact that had on their collective lives. The house was blubbering like idiots! all of this occuring in a small lake port town of Port Colbourne as the lake frieghters rolled by on a hot and steamy August afternoon. It was a real life vigniette of what [smart People](http:// "Smart People") should have been about.

Nice to have the financial side finally settled, money in the bank is excellent for the nerves.

As with you I had never seen the need for a vow renewal but obviously it worked for them and all the guests, happy the day went well for you, your turn next???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Congrats on the closing of your farm sale Sco. I bet it's such

a relief to have that now behind you.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well, college football season is now fully underway! Roll Tide! War Eagle!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Well, college football season is now fully underway! Roll Tide! War Eagle!

Just saw a few minutes ago on the National news that the Big Orange got whooped by some small Georgia college team.. And they ain't too thrilled about it after all the money they spent recruiting players etc. Thank the Good Lord for College Football most of the idiots will be off the courses on Saturday afternoons now sitting in the Sports Bars watching football and out of my way

• Like 1

Father’s Day over here in Australia, had a nice quiet day, good food, bit to slurp, plenty of chocolate. Over fed so will be asleep early.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Played nine with my Dodge neighbor on Friday. Friday is BOGO, two guys and cart for $18 for nine holes. My neighbor and I walked, so i negotiated a $5 walking fee. Anyhow, the place was packed by 10:00 am. Unfortunately, the president, the self proclaimed greens superintendent, decided to water the greens. Every hole, the sprinklers were on. Neighbor was angry, for me, I really don't care, for I consider golf a walk. I considered it an insult for the non member players. A packed course, and no consideration for the outside golfers. One husband and wife asked for a "rain" check.

Of course, watering greens never occurs when the "chosen" play. The long weekend will consist of the usual morning events. "Hey guys, water the greens when YOU guys play." The Board complains when no one comes to the course, blames the 83 year old lady manager, for not promoting more play.

Anyhow, my neighbor was not happy, and I felt ashamed that the public was treated so poorly.

We took the Dodge back to the body man; hope the guy does the job. Says he'll have it done in a couple weeks. We'll see.

I don't play as well as when I play alone. Concentration is lost with conversation. You don't see the pros yakking when playing. Kept missing putts, and my drives weren't nearly as far. Yesterday, playing alone, I broke 40. Still driving the ball well, 230-240 average. Managed a 260 on the 4th hole, hit the slope and rolled for the additional yardage. Most of the time, using only a wedge for my approach shots, golf is a much easier game, with the additional driver distance.

Have a great Labor Day! Happy Father's Day to Tol! Happy Day to everyone else!

• Like 2

Happy Labor Day to all in the USA..............

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Well, college football season is now fully underway! Roll Tide! War Eagle!

>

> Just saw a few minutes ago on the National news that the Big Orange got whooped by some small Georgia college team.. And they ain't too thrilled about it after all the money they spent recruiting players etc. Thank the Good Lord for College Football most of the idiots will be off the courses on Saturday afternoons now sitting in the Sports Bars watching football and out of my way

Uh, Clemson beat Georgia Tech 52-14. It would be national news

if they lost that game, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

>

> WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

>

> I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

I can relate to the wound up part following an event. When I was racing I was always wound up the week before and the week during the 4 cylinder national races. In fact we would come down here to the beach for a week for me to decompress so to speak.

The weather here for now is crazy. this morning it was really cool with a light wind and calm. I did practice putting before going to my church duties. Entertained the thought of playing a vintage 9 this afternoon. Actually got the Macgregor FCs that a friend of mine on here sent me ready to play today. Actually had not played the woods and had to do a whipping job and grip replacement on the driver and 4 woods. Put them in a old school canvas bag I acquired last week cheap at Goodwill got 5 balls and some tees and a couple of gloves. Ready to rock and the sun came out the winds quit and it got humid as heck. That is why I am in the house now and on here

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Well, college football season is now fully underway! Roll Tide! War Eagle!

> >

> > Just saw a few minutes ago on the National news that the Big Orange got whooped by some small Georgia college team.. And they ain't too thrilled about it after all the money they spent recruiting players etc. Thank the Good Lord for College Football most of the idiots will be off the courses on Saturday afternoons now sitting in the Sports Bars watching football and out of my way

>

> Uh, Clemson beat Georgia Tech 52-14. It would be national news

> if they lost that game, lol.

Even though I do not keep up with it that would make it party central here. This area hates Clemson for some reason and pulls for The USC Gamecocks. Even the Yankee transplants pull for USC me I just shrug and go about my way.

• Like 2

Happy Labor day all

Got to play in the noon game yesterday. While chipping on the pratice tee, a ball dead shanked off number one tee, buzzed past, a few yards behind my back. The group apologized, and I just laughed and told them I would move lower where the screen would protect me.

Needless to say it was very slow on the front playing behind those guys. They did let all five of our groups through by hole 7. I'd guess they are once or twice a year players, and the course needs em to come back, so nothing was said even though we spent 10 minutes on the tee and another 5 waiting in the fairway for them to finish for a few holes.

I followed my usual pattern, +4 on the front, + 8 on the back. Put myself OB twice on the back with driver, resulting in a double, and a triple. Otherwise played ok. Had birdie putts on the last 4 holes and made 0, at least they were pars.

Played better in the E9. 5 of us went out, and replayed the front, skins no carry over.

I shot +2, one birdie 3 bogies. Won a whopping $2.50.

We let a twosome, and a single play though, but had no one else push us the rest of the nine playing as a fivesome.

• Like 2

Happy labour day to all my American friends, these holiday are good for the brain, gives you a much needed rest, even when not working. I suppose though when we are retired the DW makes us work twice as hard as if we were really working. Anyway, stay sober and stay alert as she will be somewhere in the background watching you.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

>

> WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

>

> I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

Enjoy your cruise, good holidays if you get the correct one.

I only had one cruise, the first holiday DW and I took together. She went on the same cruise the year before and was full of praise for it. We booked at least three months in advance and were looking forward to it when a cut price cruise line went bust, the line we booked with offered them cheaper holidays on our cruise to help out and so we were inundated with a large group of not well behaved boozy gambling idiots with dozens of kids that ran riot. Did not enjoy it at all and we vowed never to cruise again.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

> >

> > WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

> >

> > I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

>

> Enjoy your cruise, good holidays if you get the correct one.

>

> I only had one cruise, the first holiday DW and I took together. She went on the same cruise the year before and was full of praise for it. We booked at least three months in advance and were looking forward to it when a cut price cruise line went bust, the line we booked with offered them cheaper holidays on our cruise to help out and so we were inundated with a large group of not well behaved boozy gambling idiots with dozens of kids that ran riot. Did not enjoy it at all and we vowed never to cruise again.

I think you may want to revisit that again. A one off incident such as that is really not the best way to judge cruising. We have been on many now and it is our preferred way to vacation. Nothing can beat it IMO. Perhaps that is why we have been loyal to Holland America Lines as we don't ever have to worry about boozing, gambling idiots with dozens of kids running riot. However you do run the risk of being run into with walkers and motorized scooters for the mobility impaired and there are quite a few of those. Best advice in that case is to steer clear of the buffet level during prime hours! :lol:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Stu, you hanging around for Dorian? Looks like the northern SC

coast is going to get hammered in the next few days.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Oddly, our weather here in Bama is going to turn hot and dry over

the next week with 0% chance of rain several days in a row. Dorian

is not having any effect on us over here as it's staying in the Atlantic

and out of the gulf.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Stu, you hanging around for Dorian? Looks like the northern SC

> coast is going to get hammered in the next few days.

Absolutely as our SOP------ Our attitude with our faith---- If something is destined to happen it can happen in our own home--- As per our SOP we have the REO Speedwagon tune "Riding The Storm Out " ready to play

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

> > >

> > > WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

> > >

> > > I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

> >

> > Enjoy your cruise, good holidays if you get the correct one.

> >

> > I only had one cruise, the first holiday DW and I took together. She went on the same cruise the year before and was full of praise for it. We booked at least three months in advance and were looking forward to it when a cut price cruise line went bust, the line we booked with offered them cheaper holidays on our cruise to help out and so we were inundated with a large group of not well behaved boozy gambling idiots with dozens of kids that ran riot. Did not enjoy it at all and we vowed never to cruise again.

>

> I think you may want to revisit that again. A one off incident such as that is really not the best way to judge cruising. We have been on many now and it is our preferred way to vacation. Nothing can beat it IMO. Perhaps that is why we have been loyal to Holland America Lines as we don't ever have to worry about boozing, gambling idiots with dozens of kids running riot. However you do run the risk of being run into with walkers and motorized scooters for the mobility impaired and there are quite a few of those. Best advice in that case is to steer clear of the buffet level during prime hours! :lol:

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Thank you all for the well wishes. I think I can finally relax. It has been strange though for both of us as we aren't sleeping particularly well. I think you can get so amped up about a project that trying to decompress afterward is far from an easy task.

> > >

> > > WE leave in less than two weeks for an Alaskan cruise. I think that is when we'll finally be able to let go of the angst. I'm sure that there will be other things that need to be dealt with along the way, but hopefully nothing of too extreem a nature. Beginning the landscape clean-up will be the big one this fall getting some of these over-grown and diseased trees removed.

> > >

> > > I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play some more golf this fall. Hopefully we get a nice long and open fall with mild temperatures. Choir starts this week with curling and bridge beginning in October, so I should have plenty to keep me occupied until the snow flies.

> >

> > Enjoy your cruise, good holidays if you get the correct one.

> >

> > I only had one cruise, the first holiday DW and I took together. She went on the same cruise the year before and was full of praise for it. We booked at least three months in advance and were looking forward to it when a cut price cruise line went bust, the line we booked with offered them cheaper holidays on our cruise to help out and so we were inundated with a large group of not well behaved boozy gambling idiots with dozens of kids that ran riot. Did not enjoy it at all and we vowed never to cruise again.

>

> I think you may want to revisit that again. A one off incident such as that is really not the best way to judge cruising. We have been on many now and it is our preferred way to vacation. Nothing can beat it IMO. Perhaps that is why we have been loyal to Holland America Lines as we don't ever have to worry about boozing, gambling idiots with dozens of kids running riot. However you do run the risk of being run into with walkers and motorized scooters for the mobility impaired and there are quite a few of those. Best advice in that case is to steer clear of the buffet level during prime hours! :lol:

LOL the motorized scooters sounds like any Seniors day around here in Wal Mart and Kroger. They will run slap over you especially if they think the advertised specials are going to run out or you are about to get one before they do.

• Like 1

The CFL Labour Day Classics are now in the books with the home teams prevailing in every game. Our beloved Tiger-Cats got off to a rocky start against the hated Torontos spoting them to a 13 point first half lead. We even had a first quarter dust up that resulted in a couple of key ejections for our side after an official hit the deck just to make matters worse!

There must have been some fireworks in the dressingroom come half time because when the whistle blew to start the third quarter it was a completely different game as we ran up a 27-3 margin to post an eventual 38-27 win as they took complete control of play. In the post game interview Coach O pointed out that it's not about what happens to you, it's about how you respond and the result that you achieve. That is how we will be measured! B)

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Some fun scores from last weekends college football.

> Maryland 79 Howard 0

> PSU 79 Idaho 7

Sometimes it’s fun watching a team take a drubbing, it happens with our rugby teams and the losers are always the team talking themselves up before the game.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

"Lunch Box" orange bell peppers from Cobi's garden.......yum yum

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> "Lunch Box" orange bell peppers from Cobi's garden.......yum yum

>

Those look great Radster! We are home from a nice road trip and catching up. Just picked the garden. Lots of tomatoes, cukes and peppers. I roast/blister these Anaheims and Poblanos on the outdoor grille. Put them in a paper bag to steam and slip the skins and seed them. We stuff them with Jack cheese and shrink wrap on paper plates in the freezer for Chile Rellenos all year long. We make Salsa with the Jalapenos, tomatoes and onions. Wish we could have the garden fresh tomatoes all winter!

s0oqetxqoo86.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)