Nike Footwear 2017

page 1 has the picture of the new LC5.

I thought it was mentioned in an earlier post the LC5 photos were not included on that first page... :huh:

the 2017 catalog calls it Lunar Control Vapor (it is shown in pg1), there is not a pair of shoes in 17' catalog called Lunar Control 5.

It's strictly the lunar control vapor, dropping the number system

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was mentioned in an earlier post the LC5 photos were not included on that first page... :huh:

the 2017 catalog calls it Lunar Control Vapor (it is shown in pg1), there is not a pair of shoes in 17' catalog called Lunar Control 5.

And theyre AWESOME!!!

So I was correct all this time? Lunar Control?

So I was correct all this time? Lunar Control?

Now which shoe is it...

Thank you for the info. When do you guys suspect the Lunar Control Vapors will become available? This fall or not until next spring?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Thank you for the info. When do you guys suspect the Lunar Control Vapors will become available? This fall or not until next spring?

2 colors will be out on 11/28

the rest will be released on 1/1, 3/1, 5/1

at least that's what the catalog says.....how reliable those dates are....I don't know.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Just answer this, anymore Flyknit?

not sure I'll have them in hand next week, from what I remember I'm gonna say no, don't think the flyknit elite's were very successful, but I don't have any hard numbers to back that up

2 colors will be out on 11/28

the rest will be released on 1/1, 3/1, 5/1

at least that's what the catalog says.....how reliable those dates are....I don't know.

dates have been far from reliable, and since the announcement stuff has slowed down significantly

not sure I'll have them in hand next week, from what I remember I'm gonna say no, don't think the flyknit elite's were very successful, but I don't have any hard numbers to back that up

The hightop golf shoes that only came in grey/volt, black/green, and volt/pink weren't successful? I'm shocked. :glare:

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

The hightop golf shoes that only came in grey/volt, black/green, and volt/pink and were priced at nearly $300 weren't successful? I'm shocked. :glare:

FTFY

Yeah, it's the price on the Elites more than anything. I'd wear the grey or the jade in a heartbeat. But $300 for golf shoes (with CA tax) - they're buggin.'

Might give them a try when they go on clearance, or with one of these tempting 20% shoe sales I keep seeing.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

One thing I wanted to share with this group is that some of the shoes in the photos from the original catalog can change quite dramatically when making it to the production version. I think the biggest example of this is the one with the straps (third one down labeled as 800). The production version has what looks like one "strap" instead of two, and the "Nike" text is a lot smaller on it - also only written once. Also, instead of the front strap, there's a swoosh in the same/similar place as the LC4. In my opinion, this is a lot tamer/better than that original concept, but I just don't like it either way.

The Lunar Vapor or whatever it will be called (we've been calling it the LC5), looks exactly the same in production as it does in the catalog.

Looks like they are sticking with the FI Premiere, and the second version...i dont even know how to explain this...but the second version appears to be a mid-top again with a slightly different aesthetic. Maybe it's the swoosh that is so low that it overlaps onto the outsole.

If what I think I saw is the new TW shoe (and it very well may not be) it has a giant swoosh. I only say that it could be the TW shoe because it has the TW sole on the production version.

I say this with all respect for a brand I love, and continue to support, but if what I have seen is the entire collection of Nike Golf shoes this year, then this is the first year where I feel that there is not a single shoe for me. (Air Max 90 and Flyknit chukka not included because we've seen them already).

PXG Gen6 0311XF*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW
TM MG4 54*
TM MG4 59*
TM Spider Tour Red

The Lunar Vapor or whatever it will be called (we've been calling it the LC5), looks exactly the same in production as it does in the catalog.

Could you expound on your impressions of the "LC5"? This is the only shoe that interests me here (based on these pics, anyway) -- and even then, I'm not sure that I'm in love with it. The toe-swoosh was a bit much for me where it was placed on the LC4, and whereas this swoosh looks equally huge, maybe it's in a more appropriate spot now.

Anything more you can share about this shoe is appreciated. Thanks!

Could you expound on your impressions of the "LC5"? This is the only shoe that interests me here (based on these pics, anyway) -- and even then, I'm not sure that I'm in love with it. The toe-swoosh was a bit much for me where it was placed on the LC4, and whereas this swoosh looks equally huge, maybe it's in a more appropriate spot now.

Anything more you can share about this shoe is appreciated. Thanks!

From what I saw, there were 5 colorways of the "LC5". The toe-swoosh was moved to the side, but it's still near the front of the shoe - that is, the beginning and end of the swoosh are about as long as the laces. In contrast, on the LC2 and LC3, the beginning of the swoosh started near the heel of the shoe and ended somewhere around mid-lace. The platform appears to be the same as the LC4 (i.e. it has the "ridges", and the heel support appears to be the same, except that on some versions it says "Nike" on them. I don't know what the inside of the shoe looks like because I only saw the outside of it. In all honesty, it looks like the LC4 to me with the swoosh moved. I just ordered a NikeID LC4 with a white swoosh on white outer to make it more subtle. Sorry, I know this isn't a lot of info, but just my impression of the LC5. meh

PXG Gen6 0311XF*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

TM MG4 54*
TM MG4 59*
TM Spider Tour Red

I just want to point out what a doosh Mula has been in this thread. Deny that their is a new lunar control until another guy comes in the thread with information. Whether it's called the 5 or the vapor we don't care, it's the new lunar control.

thank you for your kind words, takes a big man to call someone a name on an internet forum

From what I saw, there were 5 colorways of the "LC5". The toe-swoosh was moved to the side, but it's still near the front of the shoe - that is, the beginning and end of the swoosh are about as long as the laces. In contrast, on the LC2 and LC3, the beginning of the swoosh started near the heel of the shoe and ended somewhere around mid-lace. The platform appears to be the same as the LC4 (i.e. it has the "ridges", and the heel support appears to be the same, except that on some versions it says "Nike" on them. I don't know what the inside of the shoe looks like because I only saw the outside of it. In all honesty, it looks like the LC4 to me with the swoosh moved. I just ordered a NikeID LC4 with a white swoosh on white outer to make it more subtle. Sorry, I know this isn't a lot of info, but just my impression of the LC5. me

Thank you. That was helpful.

Is the swoosh on the inside of the shoe smaller and where it is on the LC4? Or, is it a mirror image of the larger (relocated) outside swoosh?

I'm not sold on the plastic heel "cup" being highlighted and coming all the way forward like it does on the "LC5". I appreciated how on the LC4 it was kept the same color as the upper, and only a shorter, second heel cup was highlighted in a contrasting color. I'm just not sure I like how that long piece changes the look of the shoe on the new ones. But, we'll see.

From what I saw, there were 5 colorways of the "LC5". The toe-swoosh was moved to the side, but it's still near the front of the shoe - that is, the beginning and end of the swoosh are about as long as the laces. In contrast, on the LC2 and LC3, the beginning of the swoosh started near the heel of the shoe and ended somewhere around mid-lace. The platform appears to be the same as the LC4 (i.e. it has the "ridges", and the heel support appears to be the same, except that on some versions it says "Nike" on them. I don't know what the inside of the shoe looks like because I only saw the outside of it. In all honesty, it looks like the LC4 to me with the swoosh moved. I just ordered a NikeID LC4 with a white swoosh on white outer to make it more subtle. Sorry, I know this isn't a lot of info, but just my impression of the LC5. me

Is the swoosh on the inside of the shoe smaller and where it is on the LC4? Or, is it a mirror image of the larger (relocated) outside swoosh?

I'm not sold on the plastic heel "cup" being highlighted and coming all the way forward like it does on the "LC5". I appreciated how on the LC4 it was kept the same color as the upper, and only a shorter, second heel cup was highlighted in a contrasting color. I'm just not sure I like how that long piece changes the look of the shoe on the new ones. But, we'll see.

FWIW - I think Mula is one of the biggest and best Nike ambassadors out there and he probably (no, definitely) has a lot more info than I do, which he likely has to keep confidential. So I can only begin to understand the predicament he's in with putting information out here on golfwrx.

in response to your question, I didn't see the inside of the shoe, so I don't know where the swoosh is (or if there even is one). Also, I want to clarify that the relocated outside swoosh is not larger, if anything, it is smaller. The one with the super large swoosh is what I believe to be the new TW shoe, and I only say that because it's on the TW sole. In regards to the heel cup on the "LC5", you are right. the red/black one does come up further, which is not a look I care for but on the black and white versions, you can't really tell. the other colorway i saw in the "LC5" was like a military green/tan.

sidenote: on the one LC5, it actually may not say "Nike" in the back. could have just been a shadow.

PXG Gen6 0311XF*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

TM MG4 54*
TM MG4 59*
TM Spider Tour Red

FWIW - I think Mula is one of the biggest and best Nike ambassadors out there and he probably (no, definitely) has a lot more info than I do, which he likely has to keep confidential. So I can only begin to understand the predicament he's in with putting information out here on golfwrx.

in response to your question, I didn't see the inside of the shoe, so I don't know where the swoosh is (or if there even is one). Also, I want to clarify that the relocated outside swoosh is not larger, if anything, it is smaller. The one with the super large swoosh is what I believe to be the new TW shoe, and I only say that because it's on the TW sole. In regards to the heel cup on the "LC5", you are right. the red/black one does come up further, which is not a look I care for but on the black and white versions, you can't really tell. the other colorway i saw in the "LC5" was like a military green/tan.

sidenote: on the one LC5, it actually may not say "Nike" in the back. could have just been a shadow.

actually the swoosh on the TW shoe for this year isn't really that big, it's gonna be the straps and lacing system that will turn everybody off imo

I just want to point out what a doosh Mula has been in this thread. Deny that their is a new lunar control until another guy comes in the thread with information. Whether it's called the 5 or the vapor we don't care, it's the new lunar control.

thank you for your kind words, takes a big man to call someone a name on an internet forum

Come on bro, you deserve to be called out for saying this...

Although I own LC4 IDs and got over the toe swoosh pretty quick... The LC5s look aesthetically great and I'm glad the swoosh got a bit toned down. Count me in for the whites & blacks

Also, be curious if the BOA style is BOA of a Nike version of that concept

Who said there are LC 5s in that pic?

No LCs are posted in that pic

Thank you for the info guys! Looking forward to the Lunar Control Vapors!

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

First of all Mula is probably the most helpful Nike Golf person on the internet, second of all he would go through you like a paper bag, third of all JD is piss water.....

The name of the shoes in order that have been posted so far, so we don't have any confusion going forward are

am 90 IT

LF1

Air Zoom Gimme

LCV

command 2 boa

command 2

Whew, thanks for clarifying! So it was the Command that I saw that I thought was the LCV! That means that the LCV in my photos has a very small heel swoosh with what looks like the Flyknit Elite sole!

And if the TW shoe is that hideous one with the strap (heaven help the guy who wears the camo one with the volt heel and red swoosh...), then what is this one with the big swoosh on the old TW sole?

PXG Gen6 0311XF*
Honma 747FW 15

Honma 747UT 19*, 22*

TM MG4 54*
TM MG4 59*
TM Spider Tour Red