Nike Footwear 2017

I'm not really feeling the new Lunar Controls, if those are, in fact, the new shoe. The swoosh looks awkward there,

They'll never top the pure class that is the LC3 lookswise imo.

2's are my favorite. Most had real leather, got creased up easily. But looks super nice.

LC1 for me. Styling was more classic and the cushioning was better.

Finally got a pair of Lc4's. The best shoe in the lineup hands down. I like leather but can handle synthetic as long as it breathes and doesn't crease like crazy. Those were my complaints with LC3

Totally excited for the 5. I've become too much of a old man as I age. Instantly longing for the old days but im embracing change boys! (Maybe gals?)

I had the open edition of the lunar control 1. Still sad to this day I sold it. I wore it only once.

Came with dustbag and all.

those babies are gorgeous. someone is selling a size 10 on the bst right now. if they were half a size smaller they'd be mine!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1362924-nike-golf-sale/page__hl__%2Bus+%2Bopen+%2Bnike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really curious what other options Nike will have for a premium spikeless shoe. The Chukka's looked awesome this year, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a high top shoe when 90% of my golf is played in shorts (and I have bad enough tan lines as it is). Same goes for the Flyknit Elite and the "boot" look.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x 

I'm really curious what other options Nike will have for a premium spikeless shoe. The Chukka's looked awesome this year, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on a high top shoe when 90% of my golf is played in shorts (and I have bad enough tan lines as it is). Same goes for the Flyknit Elite and the "boot" look.

Guessing you don't like the Lunar Force shoes? I haven't personally tried them but the reviews on here and on NDC have been really good.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Guessing you don't like the Lunar Force shoes? I haven't personally tried them but the reviews on here and on NDC have been really good.

You know what I haven't tried them only because I don't care for the "street shoe" look. It's part of the thing holding me back from the Air Zoom 90's. Ideally I would love a spikeless LC.

TaylorMade TP5x 

Although I own LC4 IDs and got over the toe swoosh pretty quick... The LC5s look aesthetically great and I'm glad the swoosh got a bit toned down. Count me in for the whites & blacks

Also, be curious if the BOA style is BOA of a Nike version of that concept

Who said there are LC 5s in that pic?

No LCs are posted in that pic

So what are the shoes with lunar soles that look updated LC4s?

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

Although I own LC4 IDs and got over the toe swoosh pretty quick... The LC5s look aesthetically great and I'm glad the swoosh got a bit toned down. Count me in for the whites & blacks

just wait

You can wear the elite with the boot turned in so it looks like aregular shoe

I'm definitely liking them better then the 16 releases.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

You know what I haven't tried them only because I don't care for the "street shoe" look. It's part of the thing holding me back from the Air Zoom 90's. Ideally I would love a spikeless LC.

That's the best part, not fond of "traditional" looking golf shoes. I like shoes that I wear off the course, that they turn into golf shoes.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

That's the best part, not fond of "traditional" looking golf shoes. I like shoes that I wear off the course, that they turn into golf shoes.

You make a very good point there. I think the Zoom 90s look sick as hell. I might cave and pick some up once the price drops. I just wish there was a place around me that I could try them out to see if I even like the way they feel.

TaylorMade TP5x 

When I get my hands on this catalog, and I will this week, I'll be posting the entire thing. That's what this site was founded on if I remember correctly. Spy shots of new golf equipment. I think this qualifies.

This is true and normally I'd be 100% with you, but I think one of the unique things we have with all the Nike threads on here is that a lot of posters are affiliated with Nike in some manner, either directly or indirectly. Many of them work for Nike or work at golf retail outlets and could get in trouble for posting but are probably just as excited about the new stuff knowing that they've seen it but can't necessarily post it.

Fortunately, when they get cleared to post, the info is correct. Unfortunately, it probably comes off in a manner not intended by the guys with insider access to Nike. I was lucky enough to have attended the Oven on behalf of WRX, but have no clue about anything coming down the pipe, they're really secretive about their future product, or just don't like me that much, or both :)

Wasn't there a big discussion a while back about disclosing that sort of thing? I'd love to know if a driver or shoe review I'm reading is someone that works for Nike.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

just wait

Sorry, but this is highly annoying (along w/ your other posts in this thread). Why post at all if you won't elaborate on anything? We get it, you've seen the 2017 catalog and we haven't.

^^^Dang man, lighten up. The whole catalog was posted here for us to see when they first started this thread. Mula can't say anything much but he wants to help keep us interested. Your post could be considered as annoying as his. It's all good. Just lighten up a bit.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

everybody just chillax, does knowing the EXACT release date or which model is the new LC5 going to make any difference?? just wait for the release or whoever get their hands on the catalog and willing/allow to share. Mula already made it clear that he is not allowed to share what he knows so why keep on pressing?

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

When I get my hands on this catalog, and I will this week, I'll be posting the entire thing. That's what this site was founded on if I remember correctly. Spy shots of new golf equipment. I think this qualifies.

This is true and normally I'd be 100% with you, but I think one of the unique things we have with all the Nike threads on here is that a lot of posters are affiliated with Nike in some manner, either directly or indirectly. Many of them work for Nike or work at golf retail outlets and could get in trouble for posting but are probably just as excited about the new stuff knowing that they've seen it but can't necessarily post it.

Fortunately, when they get cleared to post, the info is correct. Unfortunately, it probably comes off in a manner not intended by the guys with insider access to Nike. I was lucky enough to have attended the Oven on behalf of WRX, but have no clue about anything coming down the pipe, they're really secretive about their future product, or just don't like me that much, or both :)

Wasn't there a big discussion a while back about disclosing that sort of thing? I'd love to know if a driver or shoe review I'm reading is someone that works for Nike.

I think I remember Stage or someone talking about it or reading in random forum ramblings, but I don't remember anything official about it. I do agree, it would give me a much better understanding of why certain posters post what they do and respect it as such. The downside is that the anonymity would be gone, sometimes I don't care at all if the person works for a certain OEM as long as we get good info without compromising their employment :)

everybody just chillax, does knowing the EXACT release date or which model is the new LC5 going to make any difference?? just wait for the release or whoever get their hands on the catalog and willing/allow to share. Mula already made it clear that he is not allowed to share what he knows so why keep on pressing?

WCH - you need to bring back the shoes in your sig bro!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I know 2 people from said company lurk here (mainly in the club forum though) but never post, just checking to see what is out there about them. For them it's hard to get real feedback and this forum actually offers feedback that they normally wouldn't get otherwise.

For some they don't want to compromise the jobs/careers by posting the catalog, I don't even ask because I don't want to put something out there that wasn't intended to be. I have been told some things in confidence that I don't share and others that I will share when i see others talking about something that I know to be different. However, I would NEVER want to compromise my friendships or wife's career.

Phil Knight is my uncle

[b]That creep can roll, man.[/b]

[b]TM M1[/b] [color=#ff0000]*Black HZRDUS x stiff[/color]
[b]TM M1[/b] 3 wood [color=#ff0000]*Diamana Kai'li x stiff[/color]
[b]PING i20[/b] 3 hybrid
[b]Titleist H1[/b] 4 hybrid
[b]Titleist AP2[/b] 716 (5-9) [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]SM6[/b] 46, 50, 54, 60 [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]TP Mills[/b] Soft tail

Phil Knight is my uncle

He still rolling in that R8? How's he enjoying retirement?

Naw man he picked up a HEMI and has been spending most of his time down at the Sizzler. Talking politics and such.

[b]That creep can roll, man.[/b]

[b]TM M1[/b] [color=#ff0000]*Black HZRDUS x stiff[/color]
[b]TM M1[/b] 3 wood [color=#ff0000]*Diamana Kai'li x stiff[/color]
[b]PING i20[/b] 3 hybrid
[b]Titleist H1[/b] 4 hybrid
[b]Titleist AP2[/b] 716 (5-9) [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]SM6[/b] 46, 50, 54, 60 [color=#ff0000]*Project X 6.0[/color]
[b]TP Mills[/b] Soft tail