2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one more...

Maybe a little too much flame on this roast...

I don't think Tyson is a bad dude or deserves to be ridiculed. He has a right to run his business how he sees fit. I think we all see some aspects of his business that we think are pretty bad—maybe even horrendously bad—but he's still a golfer making a living producing golf equipment. Which in itself is pretty cool, if you think about it.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

And one more...

Maybe a little too much flame on this roast...

I don't think Tyson is a bad dude or deserves to be ridiculed. He has a right to run his business how he sees fit. I think we all see some aspects of his business that we think are pretty bad—maybe even horrendously bad—but he's still a golfer making a living producing golf equipment. Which in itself is pretty cool, if you think about it.

When you post something public that says 'haters gonna hate', to go along with an already arrogant attitude, you're kind of asking for it.

I don't know why, but I chuckled a little when I saw your questions.

Here is the main Tyson Lamb thread: http://www.golfwrx.c...n-lamb-putters/

It is a good read and should answer some of the questions you have on Lamb.

Isn't that this thread?

SIM2 9.0 - Black Tie 8M3 X
16.5* TS3 - Tensei Blue 70X
SIM2 Max hyrbid  21*- Tensei Blue 70X
Srixon Z745 4-P Modus 3 130x
MG2 50, 54 and 58 hi toe
Machine Fat Back 38"
TP5X

Look, I know, you know, EVERYONE knows putter makers copy each other to an extent. But when you take it to the level of copying not just "themes" but straight up stamping, it becomes comical (especially at the price point).

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Look, I know, you know, EVERYONE knows putter makers copy each other to an extent. But when you take it to the level of copying not just "themes" but straight up stamping, it becomes comical (especially at the price point).

Also, just to give credit where it's due. The bottom photo is Tai's (Pure745) that Scotty stamped up for him almost a year ago after Aloha.

What's in the bag:

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

The only similarity I can see there is the words Winner Winner? I don't think that warrants copy cat claims...........

I do fully agree the young man is inspired by Scotty, and a lot of other makers but this one isnt a copy. The circle texas logo - copy. This putter above, not so.

So he's gonna make a #7/x7 shape now?

No No it's not an X7 shape. There's only the #7 and those that copied it.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

The only similarity I can see there is the words Winner Winner? I don't think that warrants copy cat claims...........

I do fully agree the young man is inspired by Scotty, and a lot of other makers but this one isnt a copy. The circle texas logo - copy. This putter above, not so.

Lol, are you joking?

That "Winner Winner" is my putter that Scotty made me a year ago after I beat him golfing. I'm not sure there's another Scotty stamped that way, it's pretty unique, could be a 1-off with that stamping.. so to see Lamb of all people come out with a putter like that with a similar finish and attempt at contrasting neck is hilarious. Using the #DoNotCopy hashtag on Instagram and then copying things is really hilarious.

Tyson has DM'd me in the past, and I've actually liked some of his work, but talking sh&t about Scotty and then blatantly copying his (and other putter makers) designs is turning me off to him and his company. We've seen this before with Bettinardi and the Kool Aide stuff and making fun of Scotty, then attempting the same exact thing and even copying his stuff/marketing/stamps etc. My perspective on this is that if you're going to mock other putter makers, don't copy what they are doing and let your creativity and products speak for themselves.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Lol, are you joking?

That "Winner Winner" is my putter that Scotty made me a year ago after I beat him golfing. I'm not sure there's another Scotty stamped that way, it's pretty unique, could be a 1-off with that stamping.. so to see Lamb of all people come out with a putter like that with a similar finish and attempt at contrasting neck is hilarious. Using the #DoNotCopy hashtag on Instagram and then copying things is really hilarious.

Tyson has DM'd me in the past, and I've actually liked some of his work, but talking sh&t about Scotty and then blatantly copying his (and other putter makers) designs is turning me off to him and his company. We've seen this before with Bettinardi and the Kool Aide stuff and making fun of Scotty, then attempting the same exact thing and even copying his stuff/marketing/stamps etc. My perspective on this is that if you're going to mock other putter makers, don't copy what they are doing and let your creativity and products speak for themselves.

You're such a hater. Chill bro.

This thread has become laughable. It has broken so many of the GolfWRX Forum rules but that doesn't matter because of who broke them. I however questioned the Mods on this forum and I get tossed into a timeout with no explanation.

Everyone wants an explanation from the man himself. Why does he need to do that, When a majority of the members here complain and get all up in arms about the custom shop or studio store checkout do we ever see Scotty come on WRX or TCC and make any comments?

They don't owe you Nada!! And if you think they do then you have no clue!!

This thread has become laughable. It has broken so many of the GolfWRX Forum rules but that doesn't matter because of who broke them. I however questioned the Mods on this forum and I get tossed into a timeout with no explanation.

Everyone wants an explanation from the man himself. Why does he need to do that, When a majority of the members here complain and get all up in arms about the custom shop or studio store checkout do we ever see Scotty come on WRX or TCC and make any comments?

Personally, I think with the personal nature of the process that they have created, it kind of makes it worse when you get ignored or have to continuously follow up and beg for updates if you want information. I think if it was impersonal people wouldn't necessarily want a response from "the man himself." Just my take.

Agree he owes me nothing nor do I expect much more than that based on my experience with the "process"

Respectfully, this isn't an apples to apples comparison.

Just going off your example, if you have a problem with a Scotty Cameron putter that went through the custom shop, you call the custom shop. That is what it is set up for. If you have a problem with an OTR, you go to your pro shop, or the PGA store, or wherever you purchased it from for warranty issues. If you have an issue with a Tour putter, you talk to the distributor you went through. These are all set up so you get an answer.

Taking it another step forward, if you order a Byron and you have an issue or question, you can talk to Byron directly (AND HE RESPONDS TO YOU), or you talk to one of his guys who helps move his putters. Same with Lamont (I would go on, but I do not have personal dealings with the others).

The problem it appears with Lamb is that only he and his mother run the business and they have created the illusion that you have a problem, issue, order, etc., then you should talk directly to them. Well, if they are not responsive at all, who do you go to in order to get answers? All of the above examples, you have things in place so you can actually get answers. So, I don't necessarily think it is so much of a "we need an answer directly from the man" but more of, "we simply need an answer from someone." I don't believe that is too much to ask as a customer. Then again, full disclosure, I have not tried to purchase a Lamb putter, so take what I just said with whatever grain(s) of salt you want to. It's just an observation based on reading what other customers have said.

What's in the bag:

Can we see more pics of the Lamb putter in your avatar?

Page 1. Second post.

Page 1. Second post.

He wants MORE brah, stop hating. *bicep flex emoji* *fist emoji* *fire emoji* *lamb emoji*

Page 1. Second post.

He wants MORE brah, stop hating. *bicep flex emoji* *fist emoji* *fire emoji* *lamb emoji*

*laughing crying face emoji* ?

Page 1. Second post.

Thanks bro. I'm not a lambassador, just a poor peasant trying to get a peak at some nice daleheads ergghh I mean Allendales #donotcopy

Page 1. Second post.

Thanks bro. I'm not a lambassador, just a poor peasant trying to get a peak at some nice daleheads ergghh I mean Allendales #donotcopy

You left out Anser and Anser2 or how about DH89, 615 or how about a Rattler. Maybe look at the BB1 or BB8. Oh wait who copied who, not sure who was first. Don't want to call anyone out here.

If you're going to rip on bettinardi and least get it right. Their anser style Is a bb0

Sorry forgot that one, all three are straight copies anyways.

And thanks for answering my question about who was first. I guess it was pretty hard to create a putter when you were 4, Since we are 51 years into the Anser style head.

I'm not 55?? I'm 26 so good call?

Also pretty stupid!! I wasn't talking about you!! But keep talking like you know putters!! When you figure the dates out let me know. This is what I love about the thread is all the nonsense with no facts!!

You replied to MY comment using the pronoun YOU, so what am I supposed to think? Ya Dingle berry...