2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else having some OCD seeing those things within clanking together distance of each other?

Put the covers on those!!!!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I just think he is way beyond that already.

For the PGA show ,he could have made his own fixtures (glass, custom milled hardware, perfect lighting) each piece a work of art..

Certainly would be a great show to see that, but don't you think it would be perpetuating, or at least continuing, his image of nearly extreme exclusion?

He had nothing to do with how the booth was set. His deal with the Butlers is that they buy the putters from him and Tablerock sells them at the price they want to sell them for. It is Tablerock's booth and they chose the display. Remember its not a TL Booth. For those that remember what the Tablerock booth used to look like when he was a distributor for Scotty it was much different. First year back at the show for them in I think 3 years. They had been setting up in a Hotel Suite.

I understand.

I just would not have allowed my work to be displayed in that manner. It's better than that.

He was too busy responding to future (non) customer emails to create or buy some cool, metal putter racks or cool looking cases to display his pretty putters at the PGA show.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

For the PGA show ,he could have made his own fixtures (glass, custom milled hardware, perfect lighting) each piece a work of art..

Certainly would be a great show to see that, but don't you think it would be perpetuating, or at least continuing, his image of nearly extreme exclusion?

He had nothing to do with how the booth was set. His deal with the Butlers is that they buy the putters from him and Tablerock sells them at the price they want to sell them for. It is Tablerock's booth and they chose the display. Remember its not a TL Booth. For those that remember what the Tablerock booth used to look like when he was a distributor for Scotty it was much different. First year back at the show for them in I think 3 years. They had been setting up in a Hotel Suite.

Pretty sure that same table/rack was in their putter room back at Table Rock Golf Course back in the day. Ah, memories.

I understand.

I just would not have allowed my work to be displayed in that manner. It's better than that.

He was too busy responding to future (non) customer emails to create or buy some cool, metal putter racks or cool looking cases to display his pretty putters at the PGA show.

Thank you for your opinion, I'm sure it's spot on......

^^^^^^

sarcasm

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

He needs to drop the price point to <1k if he actually wants to get into the market. Maybe he doesn't care.

Never underestimate the desire of the rich to have something us "poors" cannot afford.

Or more simply put, "Japanese Market"

I have heard people say Bettinardi is moving more into that market as well with their custom putters. It seems like putters in the 2k+ range do quite well in the east Asian market.

The Table Rock booth was embarrassing and if my $5k putters were displayed that way the relationship with Table Rock would be over. It looked like a used bin full of putters.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

The Table Rock booth was embarrassing and if my $5k putters were displayed that way the relationship with Table Rock would be over. It looked like a used bin full of putters.

It's strange, huh. With the effort going on to build the brand, it doesn't make sense.

I give Tyson credit for what he does with marketing and Instagram. He does a great job showcasing the artistic quality of his putters. Seeing the putters displayed like that seems out of character.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

It's strange, huh. With the effort going on to build the brand, it doesn't make sense.

I give Tyson credit for what he does with marketing and Instagram. He does a great job showcasing the artistic quality of his putters. Seeing the putters displayed like that seems out of character.

I don't know him although I saw him there today. I can't imagine someone who makes high end boutique putters being very happy with the afterthought that was Table Rocks booth.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

I don't know him although I saw him there today. I can't imagine someone who makes high end boutique putters being very happy with the afterthought that was Table Rocks booth.

That is a travesty!

I couldn't imagine Tyson had much say into the booth since it's Jim Butler's but I'm sure he wouldn't have presented them that way.

Thought he did well with the interview for a kid new to the big show.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

Ok upon looking at the closeup it looks like there are other Scotty's (Napa, IBRM, PP, etc...) that were refinished in that bin with his new putters. That's kind of bush league on Table Rock's part considering this is how their booth looked in years past

To be fair, nearly all the racks in that display are SC racks, made and sold by SC without TR's financial involvement. Not saying Jim shouldn't have had a new setup in place, but I don't think the Lamb revenue stream is quite as stable yet in comparison to what he had with SC before.

Ok upon looking at the closeup it looks like there are other Scotty's (Napa, IBRM, PP, etc...) that were refinished in that bin with his new putters. That's kind of bush league on Table Rock's part considering this is how their booth looked in years past

To be fair, nearly all the racks in that display are SC racks, made and sold by SC without TR's financial involvement. Not saying Jim shouldn't have had a new setup in place, but I don't think the Lamb revenue stream is quite as stable yet in comparison to what he had with SC before.

Sure and I feel like I've stated near enough times TL=/=SC but for a guy selling $3k putters, a plywood rack with the heads just bobbing above the top seems like an afterthought. I'm sure TL would have made some awesome looking racks if that was part of his deal

There were quite a few SC putters. Not many that had been refinished. There were also some collectible Pings.

From what I understand no one else sells equipment there? Why does tablerock/Tyson?

There are quite a few booths that do sell during the PGA Show.

Had a friend pick me up a few of the putters at the show. FaceTimed with Tyson-- he was very kind and helpful. Jim Butler also was very kind. I should get the putters mid-week next week. Will post enough pictures to choke your moose necks.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

Will be refreshing to see actuall owner photos, and not not recycled IG photos posing as owners putters. (By TL or TL associates)

You know like the other custom putter threads have...

Maybe even report on the positives AND negatives after playing it. Something every putter would have.

Will be refreshing to see actuall owner photos, and not not recycled IG photos posing as owners putters. (By TL or TL associates)

Maybe even report on the positives AND negatives after playing it. Something every putter would have.

have several pics of mine in hand.. as do alot of guys...

We've seen that one.

I think his post was directed at there's only a couple posts in this entire thread that have in hand photos. Mostly on first couple pages. With 1 or 2 sprinkled here and there.

Most other forums like betti and Scotty, the entire thread is in hand pics, rather than recycled insta posts as he mentioned.

That's all.

We've seen that one.

I think his post was directed at there's only a couple posts in this entire thread that have in hand photos. Mostly on first couple pages. With 1 or 2 sprinkled here and there.

Most other forums like betti and Scotty, the entire thread is in hand pics, rather than recycled insta posts as he mentioned.

That's all.

Bingo

Btw, that was a lovely putter and seemed to have a legit story to go with the aquisition.

But yes, take a look at the other threads (not just limited to SC - the favorite comparo in this thread), Byron Morgan, Xenon, Black Lab, Kingston etc....Totally different in terms of the experience reported and HOW that was shared. This thread is definantly in outlier in so many ways.

Which, is also why it is so fun to read;)