Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

jump on the Lamb train before he goes OEM.

I wouldn't be so quick to imply that as if it were an inevitability. I would assume he only goes OEM if they give him a pretty exclusive deal to do what he wants and control the show. TM better be willing to give him full reins and I can't imagine handing over domain of your putter range to a 20-something is heartening.

I suppose we differ in opinion on this, but tend to think it is an inevitability.

In the MGS article, it didn't sound like Tyson was opposed to joining with an OEM whatsoever. He expressed a desire to maintain control and have his hands on everything, but he didn't express any reservation in joining up with someone. I'm not saying it's gonna be soon, but I would place my money on him joining an OEM within 5 years. Why would he not? Customer service and fulfilling orders is his weak point right now—and that could be resolved almost immediately with a switch.

As the market continues to consolidate and OEMs are getting choked out of real estate, there isn't a lot of expansion opportunity. It's been 25 years since Scotty came into the spotlight, and it may be 25 more years from now before someone like Tyson comes along. He is a phenomenal putter maker and a rare enough commodity that it's only a matter of time before an OEM gives him the $$$ and the level of autonomy he wants. When that happens, why would he say no?

There are many putter makers out there with as much, if not more skill, right now. We won't have to wait 25 years for the next big thing.

Oh ya? Like who? Any name we haven't heard of? i'm genuinely interested in checking their stuff out.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does have skills I'll give him that but nothing new or earth shattering in my book. Many others have been doing similar tricked up CNC stuff for a long time, just not the attention he's getting. Guys like Dave Billing of Machine putters, Kari Lajosi.

Tyson does have the "I'm gonna play hard to get" game down though and that's one of the things many find attractive. I'll stick with David Mills, Byron, Lamont and others who are just "doing it" without the attitude and games!

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

He does have skills I'll give him that but nothing new or earth shattering in my book. Many others have been doing similar tricked up CNC stuff for a long time, just not the attention he's getting. Guys like Dave Billing of Machine putters, Kari Lajosi.

Tyson does have the "I'm gonna play hard to get" game down though and that's one of the things many find attractive. I'll stick with David Mills, Byron and others who are just "doing it" without the attitude and games!

You like what you like. Everyone has their reason for what they buy,. I do not think that Machine putters and Lajosi putters are similair tho. And to lump them all together, youre in a sense taking away from the uniqueness of the other makers no?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

jump on the Lamb train before he goes OEM.

I wouldn't be so quick to imply that as if it were an inevitability. I would assume he only goes OEM if they give him a pretty exclusive deal to do what he wants and control the show. TM better be willing to give him full reins and I can't imagine handing over domain of your putter range to a 20-something is heartening.

I suppose we differ in opinion on this, but tend to think it is an inevitability.

In the MGS article, it didn't sound like Tyson was opposed to joining with an OEM whatsoever. He expressed a desire to maintain control and have his hands on everything, but he didn't express any reservation in joining up with someone. I'm not saying it's gonna be soon, but I would place my money on him joining an OEM within 5 years. Why would he not? Customer service and fulfilling orders is his weak point right now—and that could be resolved almost immediately with a switch.

As the market continues to consolidate and OEMs are getting choked out of real estate, there isn't a lot of expansion opportunity. It's been 25 years since Scotty came into the spotlight, and it may be 25 more years from now before someone like Tyson comes along. He is a phenomenal putter maker and a rare enough commodity that it's only a matter of time before an OEM gives him the $$$ and the level of autonomy he wants. When that happens, why would he say no?

There are many putter makers out there with as much, if not more skill, right now. We won't have to wait 25 years for the next big thing.

Oh ya? Like who? Any name we haven't heard of? i'm genuinely interested in checking their stuff out.

I was talking about current makers out there producing high quality putters. They just aren't getting the exposure that they deserve.

to me the devil is in the details....and to be more specific the finishing work (ie. shaping, buffing, finish application or torching, grips, paintfill, stamp depth, headcover, etc.)

if you look at all aspects that go into a putter at the moment two names jump out at you. i am not saying that the other putter makers arent incredibly talented....im saying to my eye they dont finish the putter as well as the two best. but im just one collector. what do i know. im wrong every day....ask my wife

Just catching up. First off, that gambler is truly sick. Like really sick as stated.

Second, Raiders if fit and finish and input are so big for you have you ever thought about a golds factory mod? I mean a lot of his stuff is not clean, but as far as machinist work on putters, no one is better. Only bummer is he just mods and all his heads are from a blank and basically moded, but still, Anyone that engraves the face millings and anything that would normally be "stamped" and moves weight like he does seems to be up your alley of custom and fit and finish.

Sweet putter and now I need to find your instagram because apparently it is off the hook.

Thank you brother. I will check it out for sure!

I love putters. By all makers. Some putters by some makers are better then others. But looking as a whole of their works I think Scotty and Tyson put together the whole package. I think Dave Edel makes awesome stuff. I think lots of Lamont's stuff is incredible. I like what Byron does very much and own a couple of his. Tyson is doing an incredible job marketing himself. And he's very very smart in the sense that by making amazing covers and accessories he is creating collectors without those people even realizing it. Sure you can't get a Tyson yet, but you grab a shirt, cover, donut marker and divot tool and now your a collector of his stuff. It's a brilliant marketing strategy.

I'm not sure if Tyson will go the way of the OEMs but I think if he can get a deal like Scotty he will do it. Remember Scotty was only 31 when titleist signed him. I can see Tyson there when he's the same age. Given that's 3 years from now.

Hopefully Tyson will get more putters out for people soon. I think now that his Japan trip is over he will get back to custom orders. Just my thinking. Haven't talked to him about it. As an established putter whore I can appreciate how busy he is. I waited 3 years for a Scotty custom once. Another order I put in with SC never got fulfilled after 4 years. While I'm waiting for my next Tyson I will be getting a Lamont stick. Appreciation of all these makers is what I'm all about.

Ps my instagram account is Raidernation51.

Boy do I wanna see that Mann you have in mind. Lamont is great to work with. Ask him to do an insert for you...he loves doing them ;)

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

Lamont no longer mods putters, he only makes his own. he is too busy!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Hes talking about Gold's Factory's mods.

Hes talking about Gold's Factory's mods.

Ahhhhh....got it!!!!!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 3 weeks later...

There's already a thread in the Putter Mods subforum, lots of pics there ?

TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158231-torreyrats-2015-bag/"]WITB Link[/url]

Are you saying TL putters aren't mainstream enough to land on the regular Putter forum?! Couldn't help myself; somebody was going to say it.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

No sure how you inferred that from my statement, or how you define "mainstream." Lots of people would put Byron, Lamont, Chip, etc in that mostly custom category along with Tyson albeit at a lower price point, and I think that's what the subforum is intended for. It's up to the mods anyway.

TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1158231-torreyrats-2015-bag/"]WITB Link[/url]

Here's a peek at mine that's coming this week!!

21mgjkj.jpg

saw that on his IG stories - daasssss niceee.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

No sure how you inferred that from my statement, or how you define "mainstream." Lots of people would put Byron, Lamont, Chip, etc in that mostly custom category along with Tyson albeit at a lower price point, and I think that's what the subforum is intended for. It's up to the mods anyway.

I should've put a smiley face or something on here; meant as a joke!

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

Here's a peek at mine that's coming this week!!

21mgjkj.jpg

Very Nice! Cool touch with using the f bomb for the F in Fish. Awesome. Show off more pics when you get it man.

Nice stick Fish! Agreed, more pics / details when you get it.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

b6q6pj.jpg

Jason....I meant to post this earlier, but I saw your putter in person a couple weeks ago at the shop, looks great man!

Callaway AI Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-DI 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Raw 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws  Raw Full Toe 58j, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

FWIW - I emailed the store about purchasing one of those slimfold wallets in brown, which were listed as "out of stock" to check to see if they were making/getting more soon (I was ordering some other stuff, so I was gonna wait on ordering if the wallet was going to be back in stock soon).

Tana called me back in less than 48 hours to let me know they shouldn't have been marked out of stock on the online store, and that she had updated it so I could go ahead and order. So it looks like they are making a genuine effort to improve point of sale/customer service issues. I know this wasn't for a custom putter order, which is obviously a different beast, but I thought it was still worth pointing out

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3