2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and figured what the hell, might as well put my .02 worth in too. I'm sure I'm rehashing some previous posts, but I too am frustrated with the customer service I love the looks of all the accessories that have been released, but it seems like this has taken center stage while the creation of putters seems to be on the back burner. I emailed Tana back in October of '16 when they were still taking orders. I've even spoken with her on the phone, getting a reassurance that I was indeed on the list before it was "closed." I have had no correspondence from them since before the Japan show as to my putter's status and now I've basically given up. I currently roll a Scotty CT and won't likely change, but working in the industry, I truly wanted to help support them because I felt that what he was doing was really a cool concept.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Customer service is hard business. Be part of solution, reach out to them again and explain your situation. Let’s go from there.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while and figured what the hell, might as well put my .02 worth in too. I'm sure I'm rehashing some previous posts, but I too am frustrated with the customer service I love the looks of all the accessories that have been released, but it seems like this has taken center stage while the creation of putters seems to be on the back burner. I emailed Tana back in October of '16 when they were still taking orders. I've even spoken with her on the phone, getting a reassurance that I was indeed on the list before it was "closed." I have had no correspondence from them since before the Japan show as to my putter's status and now I've basically given up. I currently roll a Scotty CT and won't likely change, but working in the industry, I truly wanted to help support them because I felt that what he was doing was really a cool concept.

You are 100% correct, customer service is a very difficult business these days. Quite honestly, it doesn't even exist at lot of places anymore. However, I operate two golf courses and a restaurant and I take pride in the excellent customer service that my staff provides to the public on a daily basis.

Regarding Lamb, I've done my due diligence with communication. There have been a couple of phone conversations and to their credit, they have always been nothing but pleasant and accommodating with me on the phone. When I placed my initial order, the estimated ship date was early March. The problem is here we are in July and it's no further along than when we started. There's always some reason why they don't have time to get to it. The first time we spoke it was the Lamb Jam, then it was his Japan deal. If they don't have time to get to the orders in the queue, then that's fine, but inform the customers waiting if that's the case. That is good customer service. Continuing to put the customer's orders on the back burner is not good customer service.

Customer service is hard business. Be part of solution, reach out to them again and explain your situation. Let's go from there.

Couldn't agree more with the last post. I have been in contact with Tyson and few times and he has always responded in a timely manner. However, I have to say I was a bit frustrated by the process. It really shouldn't be as hard as it is to get one of his putters, especially when we are talking thousands of dollars. I tried to buy a putter he posted on IG, was offered a price on the putter to which I agreed and then told that I could not buy it. Frustrating for sure, but the customer service since that instance has been non existent and I wanted to give him a chance. At this point he has probably lost me as a customer.

Wow, money in hand and they turned you away. That is not cool.

Couldn't agree more with the last post. I have been in contact with Tyson and few times and he has always responded in a timely manner. However, I have to say I was a bit frustrated by the process. It really shouldn't be as hard as it is to get one of his putters, especially when we are talking thousands of dollars. I tried to buy a putter he posted on IG, was offered a price on the putter to which I agreed and then told that I could not buy it. Frustrating for sure, but the customer service since that instance has been non existent and I wanted to give him a chance. At this point he has probably lost me as a customer.

Wow, thats a tough one man. He give you a reason or just say "no longer for sale".

I too placed an order with Lamb back in 8/16 and then again in 2/17. And like many, I'm still waiting. Granted I asked for a putter shape other than Allendale which is probably why I've waited so long. When I've reached out to them, they too have been more than courteous and friendly with my questions. I'm hoping for soon but accepted the fact that it's going to be awhile. Sure other guys are faster with their turn around times but I don't care for their style and don't offer Lamb's level of customization. SC turn around times were longer and cost 3x's as much for a lot less work.

I'm going to wait patiently for my turn, i'll keep my current SC's / Ping's in play till then. At then end of the day, it's just a putter.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

He told me that he had a lot of people that sent him messages about the same putter and that the only fair way in his mind was to do some kind of raffle or something like that. I wasn't upset at the time, a little frustrated that he gave me a price and I accepted then was told this but whatever, as you said it just a putter. Then the putter was sold or given to someone else and thats what bugged me the most. The lack of follow up or any communication since hasn't helped either.

Wow, thats a tough one man. He give you a reason or just say "no longer for sale".

I too placed an order with Lamb back in 8/16 and then again in 2/17. And like many, I'm still waiting. Granted I asked for a putter shape other than Allendale which is probably why I've waited so long. When I've reached out to them, they too have been more than courteous and friendly with my questions. I'm hoping for soon but accepted the fact that it's going to be awhile. Sure other guys are faster with their turn around times but I don't care for their style and don't offer Lamb's level of customization. SC turn around times were longer and cost 3x's as much for a lot less work.

I'm going to wait patiently for my turn, i'll keep my current SC's / Ping's in play till then. At then end of the day, it's just a putter.

You placed an order nearly a year ago that hasn't materialized in the least and you're okay with that? By this point you could've saved up the money to buy something ridiculous! That's a long a** wait, but good on you.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

You placed an order nearly a year ago that hasn't materialized in the least and you're okay with that? By this point you could've saved up the money to buy something ridiculous! That's a long a** wait, but good on you.

+1

Waiting for a year without any progress with an order from a company known for having consistency issues with progress and communication? No thank you.

+1

Waiting for a year without any progress with an order from a company known for having consistency issues with progress and communication? No thank you.

yeah, not gonna lie it's been tough waiting patiently for my turn. But some of my friends who've ordered custom putters from SC took almost 2years when they were still doing that.

I'm going to wait my turn, despite the delays. As I've said, whenever I've reached out to them to follow up, they've been nothing but friendly and understanding of my wait. I want to give them a chance. I think their growth far exceeded their expectations and didn't have a way to keep up with demand. And if he has the potential as some people have stated, then it will be cool to have an early putter from him (well, that was my thought last year) before he gets too big to be doing all the hand work.

[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]

Customer service is hard business. Be part of solution, reach out to them again and explain your situation. Let's go from there.

Customer service is hard business?!?!?

Right now is when they should be stepping up CS. Very easy to spend time making some calls for progress updates. But it seems right now they are happy making trinkets instead of putters.

Right now is when they should be stepping up CS. Very easy to spend time making some calls for progress updates. But it seems right now they are happy making trinkets instead of putters.

Couldn't agree more, not sure why someone would want head covers before they even have a putter. Now looks like he is going to make wood covers, and probably stand bags after that. Makes no sense to me but it must be working for him.

Couldn't agree more, not sure why someone would want head covers before they even have a putter. Now looks like he is going to make wood covers, and probably stand bags after that. Makes no sense to me but it must be working for him.

Keeps supply low, demand high... in turn keeps prices high.

He knows what he's doing. He's good at it. That's why he'll be successful.

Keeps supply low, demand high... in turn keeps prices high.

He knows what he's doing. He's good at it. That's why he'll be successful.

He will be successful if he steps up his customer service. Paying what he charges, cs should be top notch. So far, he has fallen way short.

Looks to be easier for him to make high priced trinkets and offer crappy CS.

I was a Fan until I read and article Golfspy did on him and his cocky arrogance turned me off.. Here is a few quotes

“SCOTTY WASN’T DOING THE CALIBER OF WORK AT 27 THAT I AM NOW.†- TYSON LAMB

†He goes on to say, “Scotty is smart, but he thinks the industry is stupid… he talks down to the consumer.â€

Tyson tells you “Camerons are over-engineered and Bettinardi does way too much paintfill.â€

I just think he should be a little more humble to the guys that paved the way for him...Even if his work is better he should let it speak for its self... Lets be honest he has copied scottys business model..

"Circle texas" is his Circle T

Ball markers

Putter covers similar to Cameron

Stamping (dancing letters, Circle Texas....)

Towels

Divit tools

He dose some crazy good work but to call out Cameron and Bettinardi I think at least for me is just a punk move...

I thought his stuff was unique and he did a great job but the more I started to realize he copied most of Cameron's platform I started to skim through a few pages of customs milled putters on google a lot of his neck designs, hammered finishes , welds on the back,milled backs bumpers and necks It appears he copied a lot of other putter designers stuff...hes just done it well and has the platform to show it off...

I was still fine with all of this and was still a fan of his putters but after reading that article and hearing how cocky he is im not a fan of him or his putters...

As I can't say that the GolfSpy article did him any favors in the PR realm I would play devil's advocate with the business model copying.

Most of the smaller putter makers use pretty much the same model you described. Piretti, Byron, Betti to name a few.

I won't go to any length to argue this any further as it's been pretty much been a dead horse for months now, not much left to beat. Me personally, I just like the way Tyson uses that model. Not to say that I don't like what comes out of the other guys' shop. Competition is a good thing

• 2 weeks later...

So after waiting for some time, I got the call that my turn was up for a build. I should have it in hand tomorrow. One piece Bridgeport with nothing fancy. Just a gamer. Will share pics in hand when I get a chance.

So I was able to pick up my putter from Tyson himself this past weekend while he was in the DC area. Pretty cool experience having him hand it over to me showing me the details. My putter was requested to be a straight gamer, no fancy inserts, milling, necks. I got an updated version of his Bridgeport style putter with black shaft and leather midsize grip. 350g, 34.5" 70lie 4loft.

Feels great, looks clean and all business which is what I wanted / needed.

Tyson and Tana were quite understanding of me wait, I really look forward do going through this process again. Just hoping they are able to do it a bit quicker not just for me but for the next guy.

So I was able to pick up my putter from Tyson himself this past weekend while he was in the DC area. Pretty cool experience having him hand it over to me showing me the details. My putter was requested to be a straight gamer, no fancy inserts, milling, necks. I got an updated version of his Bridgeport style putter with black shaft and leather midsize grip. 350g, 34.5" 70lie 4loft.

Feels great, looks clean and all business which is what I wanted / needed.

Tyson and Tana were quite understanding of me wait, I really look forward do going through this process again. Just hoping they are able to do it a bit quicker not just for me but for the next guy.

Very nice! Cool experience for sure. Congrats. Enjoy your new gamer!

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I follow him on instagram. He's got a lot of really good looking putters. I will say that if I ordered one from him and had been waiting months and months and saw him taking weeks of vacation to go golf with his boys, I'm not sure how happy I would be

LOL.... So now we are going to criticize someone for taking a vacation.... Come on now.

I follow him on instagram. He's got a lot of really good looking putters. I will say that if I ordered one from him and had been waiting months and months and saw him taking weeks of vacation to go golf with his boys, I'm not sure how happy I would be

LOL.... So now we are going to criticize someone for taking a vacation.... Come on now.

I'm not criticizing him for taking a vacation. I wouldn't have been posting so much about it when I have customers waiting months and months and months for a putter they've paid for.

I'm not criticizing him for taking a vacation. I wouldn't have been posting so much about it when I have customers waiting months and months and months for a putter they've paid for.

So this trip Tyson took was a working vacation. Sure he's playing golf but he's also selling his goods and making new customers. He brought a box full of putters / markers to sell and for guys to actually see / feel / roll his sticks which is a complaint some guys have.

And you don't put a deposit down on your putter build request. And sometimes you just have to keep feeding the Gram....

So this trip Tyson took was a working vacation. Sure he's playing golf but he's also selling his goods and making new customers. He brought a box full of putters / markers to sell and for guys to actually see / feel / roll his sticks which is a complaint some guys have.

And you don't put a deposit down on your putter build request. And sometimes you just have to keep feeding the Gram....

So does this guy ever answer emails? I've sent numerous requests to discuss a putter and have never once received a reply. Doesn't seem like he's all that interested in making new customers.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Edel SLS-01 5-P
Ping Glide 4.0 50*, 56*, 60*

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

So does this guy ever answer emails? I've sent numerous requests to discuss a putter and have never once received a reply. Doesn't seem like he's all that interested in making new customers.

Books are still closed on new custom orders for the time being. Lots of business changes coming in the very near future to help reach more people and get putters into more people's hands