2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Divot tools just went up......and there gone! LOL!!

I actually bothered to try and get one. I do like the tools. Cart sniped while checking in to PayPal. LOL!! So funny. Now I’m one of the thousands that has been cart sniped.

I really have to say it is pathetic that you can’t even hold the thing 20 seconds to log onto your PayPal account and pay for it. That’s some sad sales software.

The cart snipe issues really do seem to indicate that Lamb loves the feeding frenzy mentality, and doesn't care as much about customer experience. There's much better software out there that allows a preset time to finish the transaction once in your cart..with a countdown timer and all. Still have the feeding frenzy of trying to get it in the cart (if the maker gets off on that type of stuff), but at least once it's in the cart, the customer has...5, 7, 10 minutes (whatever) to complete the payment, or the item goes back into inventory to be sold. Again, comparing to the custom knife/EDC (every day carry) hobby world, where people spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on the trinkets they carry in their pockets every day (custom pens, knives, spinners, worry stones, caribiners, etc) I've seen this exact same issue. Cart sniping. Such a bad taste left in too many customers' mouths. And the makers/artisans that stick around usually fix this issue with much better cart software.

I think it would be interesting to see the Tesla approach. I see it as a win-win. I assume he doesn’t need the capital based on reading through stuff.

If I, as a potential consumer, put $1k down with him and it saves me a spot in line, but I get an assigned spot knowing that I was #310, so in the next 11 months I will have my turn, then I can deal with that. I have personally stopped trying to race people each time, because I have been sniped multiple times with a putter in the cart. It’s hard for me to give them my money. Good problems to have, but once production does eventually ramp up, you’re going to want more people looking to drop $2k on a putter. I’d be willing to fund all or part of my order now in order to ensure a spot. Tesla also allows you once your spot is up to delay your order or even cancel and get money back if you couldn’t wait that long. It may even mean by the time I was up, I want it so bad, I spend more on custom orders and all the headcovers and ball markers that were released until my order was up. Right now, I have realized I’m not going to ever get a putter unless I reserve a night of release and then have a less than half percent chance of getting a putter. Because of this, I’ve stopped buying other accessories because I don’t want to have everything but a putter or a Lamb cover on a Betti.

For the business, it is a great story to say we have a waiting list 2 years long right now. You’re not dealing with the customer service issues of defending yourself over development or favoritism. I also think of someone like the Packers. Everyone knows how special season tickets are and those are decades in waiting. This increases the value for existing customers and those who want to pay stubhub or partners more can buy them for an elevated cost like some of these partnerships mentioned.

There’s probably not a great solution and maybe Tesla is as polarizing, but there has to be a better process for the consumer and the business. Just some additional dialogue that is something constructive and not negative.

I like it. Idea has been thrown around and wouldn’t be surprised if this were eventually chosen. I deal w a knife company that goes this route and have been waiting for 2 years (expected 48 month wait time to start) and patiently have been waiting. But at least I know I have a spot. Money down to reserve, money can be refunded. But I don’t agree with the deferment if your time comes. If it’s your time, it’s your time.

I like this.

Interested in this post. Off topic, but I've been huge into the custom knife world for a pretty long time now (less so in the past year, spending more time enjoying using my knives instead of chasing them), and am curious to which knife maker/company you're waiting on. You can PM me that if you're inclined, and not post it to the thread to further derail it.

But yes, I've thought to myself that this Lamb putter thing is A LOT like many of the custom knife makers that I've watched attempt to enter the VERY LUCRATIVE world of custom knives over the years, and truly screw it up royally. Yes, even those knife makers initially drew huge demand and dollars (thousands of $$ for these knives, as you probably know) and see the secondary market price skyrocket for a few years as they (the makers) purposely keep supply low, catering to their friends/inner circle, demand peaking, then dropping off the planet as people that are tired of trying to play the games to obtain a piece they actually want to use move on to a maker they can actually get pieces from at similar or better quality.

I've seen this play out many, many times in that world (knife making), and this Lamb thing looks all too familiar. Same types of comments, posts, complaints, etc. Maybe Tyson can pull it off and get on track, but I've already had a terrible experience with their outfit in the beginning, way before they were even in demand like now. And they (Tyson and his mom) made the same types of mistakes that I've seen those Insta-famous knife makers make before they killed their own demand and secondary market. Down to the T of partnering up with a "dealer" who gets to make as much, if not more on the maker's work than the maker does.

Bloodroot is the company.

They also do a monthly raffle where all of the knives are posted and if you like it, you put your name in for it. The prices are listed and if they pull your name, you pay that price. The Lambs did the same style raffle at LambJam for specialty covers.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

I think it would be interesting to see the Tesla approach. I see it as a win-win. I assume he doesn’t need the capital based on reading through stuff.

If I, as a potential consumer, put $1k down with him and it saves me a spot in line, but I get an assigned spot knowing that I was #310, so in the next 11 months I will have my turn, then I can deal with that. I have personally stopped trying to race people each time, because I have been sniped multiple times with a putter in the cart. It’s hard for me to give them my money. Good problems to have, but once production does eventually ramp up, you’re going to want more people looking to drop $2k on a putter. I’d be willing to fund all or part of my order now in order to ensure a spot. Tesla also allows you once your spot is up to delay your order or even cancel and get money back if you couldn’t wait that long. It may even mean by the time I was up, I want it so bad, I spend more on custom orders and all the headcovers and ball markers that were released until my order was up. Right now, I have realized I’m not going to ever get a putter unless I reserve a night of release and then have a less than half percent chance of getting a putter. Because of this, I’ve stopped buying other accessories because I don’t want to have everything but a putter or a Lamb cover on a Betti.

For the business, it is a great story to say we have a waiting list 2 years long right now. You’re not dealing with the customer service issues of defending yourself over development or favoritism. I also think of someone like the Packers. Everyone knows how special season tickets are and those are decades in waiting. This increases the value for existing customers and those who want to pay stubhub or partners more can buy them for an elevated cost like some of these partnerships mentioned.

There’s probably not a great solution and maybe Tesla is as polarizing, but there has to be a better process for the consumer and the business. Just some additional dialogue that is something constructive and not negative.

I like it. Idea has been thrown around and wouldn’t be surprised if this were eventually chosen. I deal w a knife company that goes this route and have been waiting for 2 years (expected 48 month wait time to start) and patiently have been waiting. But at least I know I have a spot. Money down to reserve, money can be refunded. But I don’t agree with the deferment if your time comes. If it’s your time, it’s your time.

I like this.

Interested in this post. Off topic, but I've been huge into the custom knife world for a pretty long time now (less so in the past year, spending more time enjoying using my knives instead of chasing them), and am curious to which knife maker/company you're waiting on. You can PM me that if you're inclined, and not post it to the thread to further derail it.

But yes, I've thought to myself that this Lamb putter thing is A LOT like many of the custom knife makers that I've watched attempt to enter the VERY LUCRATIVE world of custom knives over the years, and truly screw it up royally. Yes, even those knife makers initially drew huge demand and dollars (thousands of $$ for these knives, as you probably know) and see the secondary market price skyrocket for a few years as they (the makers) purposely keep supply low, catering to their friends/inner circle, demand peaking, then dropping off the planet as people that are tired of trying to play the games to obtain a piece they actually want to use move on to a maker they can actually get pieces from at similar or better quality.

I've seen this play out many, many times in that world (knife making), and this Lamb thing looks all too familiar. Same types of comments, posts, complaints, etc. Maybe Tyson can pull it off and get on track, but I've already had a terrible experience with their outfit in the beginning, way before they were even in demand like now. And they (Tyson and his mom) made the same types of mistakes that I've seen those Insta-famous knife makers make before they killed their own demand and secondary market. Down to the T of partnering up with a "dealer" who gets to make as much, if not more on the maker's work than the maker does.

They also do a monthly raffle where all of the knives are posted and if you like it, you put your name in for it. The prices are listed and if they pull your name, you pay that price. The Lambs did the same style raffle at LambJam for specialty covers.

Ah...they do kitchen/fixed knives. I'm almost exclusively an EDC/folding knife guy. Not familiar with their work, but it looks good!

I like this.

Ah...they do kitchen/fixed knives. I'm almost exclusively an EDC/folding knife guy. Not familiar with their work, but it looks good!

Yeah I’m not much into those but a friend of mine’s father bought him some 36” Damascus monstrosity from some producer in AZ. Supposedly the biggest ever produced. It’s unreal.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Yeah I’m not much into those but a friend of mine’s father bought him some 36” Damascus monstrosity from some producer in AZ. Supposedly the biggest ever produced. It’s unreal.

Yeah, I'm more into the slimmer, discrete, classy folders. Not the giant folding butcher/prybar looking knives that have been rather popular for the past several years. But we need to have that discussion in PM or USN or Bladeforums. lol.

Back to Lamb.

Yeah, I'm more into the slimmer, discrete, classy folders. Not the giant folding butcher/prybar looking knives that have been rather popular for the past several years. But we need to have that discussion in PM or USN or Bladeforums. lol.

Back to Lamb.

Nothing like a gigantic Damascus Bowie to scream at the world that you have a tiny p****. ; )

Yeah Im not much into those but a friend of mines father bought him some 36 Damascus monstrosity from some producer in AZ. Supposedly the biggest ever produced. Its unreal.

Back to Lamb.

Nothing like a gigantic Damascus Bowie to scream at the world that you have a tiny p****. ; )

Yeah I don’t understand the point (no pun intended) but the father has more money than is reasonably had. If he were into Lambs, who knows what hell he’d cause. Wai, Bressler, and Santo wouldn’t hold a flame to what this collection would be.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Also snagged a divot and think I'm in the first 50. Didn't ship priority tho unfortunately for sake of time

For you it probably won’t make a difference in time. First Class should be 2-3 days. Priority would be two.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I got a divot——- how many else of us did?

I was customizing then checking out and got the page of death.

By time I got back on.. it www too late.

Oh well... I prefer copper anyways.

My luck is getting worse with the releases :(

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Back to Lamb.

Nooooooooo!! one more,,, I think I "need" a new knife ,,,, all pre order nothing in stock for Bloodroot?

Back to Lamb.

Nooooooooo!! one more,,, I think I "need" a new knife ,,,, all pre order nothing in stock for Bloodroot?

They do a raffle once a month where you put your name in for the item(s) you like, the prices are listed, and if your name is pulled you pay that price. I’ve been doing it every month for every knife (usually about 20 knives per month) for the past two-three years and haven’t been called once.

Who knows if there would be more or less names in for Lamb. Who knows if he could do both— list and raffle— but it’s a thought. I think he could at some point. Growing pains are real. It would be really nice to see more hands with Lambs.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

He has put no time into headcovers lately outside of the lamb jam one which was of course just for his buddies. The bulk of covers released are the same quilted ones in a different color priced a 200. Masters cover was incredibly underwhelming. Past actual design was probably NBA and candy cane both tanking on the secondary. When's the last time covers have lasted on his website more than a day? It's just getting f rustrating seeing the same cover recycled all still while not being able to get a putter

Also I can contact any of the putter manufacturers you mentioned and get a custom order started. May take 8 weeks but still. Can't do that with Tyson.

Funny thing about lamb jam is there's no chance I could ever attend since I don't have access to a putter. I've spent thousands and thousands on the website releases but the reality is you can only buy so much in a minute so the same "in" guys will continue to get to go to lamb jam because that is who they want there.

And sorry Raiders you absolutely get special treatment as do a lot of lamb insiders and we can continue to debate that all you want. You can pm me to discuss or find me on Facebook and we can chat as its not hard to figure out who I am.

Rant over lol

Have you contacted Jim at table rock about doing a full custom? It sounds like that’s the way to go.

Yes but not sure why Id spend double the price for his mark up and not have it count towards Lamb Jam. I want to give them my money, no one else.

Got my shipping confirmation today for my tool. Solid turnaround for stamping and painting and getting the tool out!

That is quick. But it should be for a divot tool that costs $125.

Out of curiousity have you had a $75-$125 divot tool? If your argument is all they do is repair pitch marks, well then I will just concede that I cant change your mind, but if its not you should try and snag one. The quality is unreal good.

Got my shipping confirmation today for my tool. Solid turnaround for stamping and painting and getting the tool out!

Out of curiousity have you had a $75-$125 divot tool? If your argument is all they do is repair pitch marks, well then I will just concede that I cant change your mind, but if its not you should try and snag one. The quality is unreal good.

You know what bothers me the most about the “divot tools”?? They ARENT FREAKIN DIVOT TOOLS. Divots are in the damn fairway!!

Hahahaahahaha!! Why does everyone call them divot tools? Drives me nuts. I know...Sorry....totally trivial but irritating... LOL..

You know what bothers me the most about the “divot tools”?? They ARENT FREAKIN DIVOT TOOLS. Divots are in the damn fairway!!

Hahahaahahaha!! Why does everyone call them divot tools? Drives me nuts. I know...Sorry....totally trivial but irritating... LOL..

You're not the only one who that bothers! I can't stand it. When customers ask me for "divot" tools in the proshop, I will respond with "the repair tools are over here".

Ok....green stabbing pitch mark repair or further damage the green tool. Had a greens keeper tell me it was best just to tap the mark down with a putter without using a tool unless you left a crater.

I wasn't questioning quality. Just commenting on the price. And, yes, I have a milled tool of the same quality offered by Jay Green years ago. It is design collaboration with a couple superintendents. And it wasn't $125.

http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?topic=17802.0

I wasn't questioning quality. Just commenting on the price. And, yes, I have a milled tool of the same quality offered by Jay Green years ago. It is design collaboration with a couple superintendents. And it wasn't $125.

Few things. One Pic isn't showing up so no idea what it looks like but thought I read it looked chunky. Two that was 8 years ago and it would be more expensive if made today. Last and this is just a guess since I can't see the picture, Tysons milling and detail and overall feel of the tool is probably better. Would love to see a Pic though

Few things. One Pic isn't showing up so no idea what it looks like but thought I read it looked chunky. Two that was 8 years ago and it would be more expensive if made today. Last and this is just a guess since I can't see the picture, Tysons milling and detail and overall feel of the tool is probably better. Would love to see a Pic though

Lamont is selling some tools for $30...in 2018.

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

http://puttertalk.co...p?topic=17802.0

They are both pieces of steel milled by a machine. Can't imagine the milling/detail/feel is better or worse on either one.

You would be surprised. I took a quick glance at his site for his $40 tool. Looks very thin. Guarantee it weighs less. There is no milled detail within the tool itself. Looks like its a cut out piece of metal. On Lambs tool, you can see milling marks on every spot of the tool. One side is chiseled as well which definitely takes time. One is also going to be stamped. Essentially one looks like it was made in a garage while the other looks professionally done. Guessing Lambs tool overall takes 3-4x longer to make. Really cant compare the 2 as far as quality.

You would be surprised. I took a quick glance at his site for his $40 tool. Looks very thin. Guarantee it weighs less. There is no milled detail within the tool itself. Looks like its a cut out piece of metal. On Lambs tool, you can see milling marks on every spot of the tool. One side is chiseled as well which definitely takes time. One is also going to be stamped. Essentially one looks like it was made in a garage while the other looks professionally done. Guessing Lambs tool overall takes 3-4x longer to make. Really cant compare the 2 as far as quality.

drink-the-kool-aid.jpg

:swoon:

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.