Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Feel is driven by the player. Although materials are a preference, ultimately it's a choice a player makes— Be it stainless, inserts, carbon, etc etc etc and all offer something different.

Clearly I post this as using Lambs, and to some that would mean I have a sway, and that's totally cool for you to think that, but feel has many factors, and to say that stainless doesn't have adequate feel, you might as well say you prefer another material to putt with.

Yes feel is subjective. Since you have away...we will take your word for it and assume all who say the feel is it great are infact wrong.

I would say that if players have great feel with any putter, then good for them! That's a hard task to conquer.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could putt with a broomstick. I stink no matter what I use. I can’t read greens worth a lick now that I have to wear glasses for distance. I hit it right where I want but its usually wrong.

I gave up on nice putters. I Sold all my Scotty’s.....ok...a small lie...I still have two. They don’t work. I don’t use them. They sit in the corner and gather dust.

I’ve been using a beat up old ghost spider slant neck for 2 years that I found at GG for $60. It feels great, it sets up great, and I roll it great, so when I miss the putt I can’t blame the putter anymore. I’ve just come to accept that I’m terrible. ; )

I think the brand was over inflated by those heavily invested to begin with. In no way in the promise land does a cover or marker sell on eBay for 1-200 and then the next day jumps to 8-900.

Some of the loyal "bois" in the group have been known to shill bid and worry about flipping. You'd think it would be done a little more discreetly at least.

I think the brand was over inflated by those heavily invested to begin with. In no way in the promise land does a cover or marker sell on eBay for 1-200 and then the next day jumps to 8-900.

Some of the loyal "bois" in the group have been known to shill bid and worry about flipping. You'd think it would be done a little more discreetly at least.

Never saw an item jump in a single day from 1-200 to 8-900 with anything in the Lamb market. We have seen items progressively gain value over time as demand increased. Also, where is your proof that anyone has ever shill bid?

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

First round with the new Allendale last night.

I putted well and the club sets up very nicely and rolls on line.

I will say that the sweet spot on the Lamb flatsticks is much, much smaller than my DH89 or any of the Camerons I have. I struggle to get a lot of feedback on either of the Lamb putters I have (Allendale and Bridgeport). The feel could be improved.

Overall, it's an awesome putter and I look forward to gaming it the rest of the summer.

Be Careful about being critical on this thread my brother. You might get castrated by the hardcore faithful... LOL!! ; )

I have a buddy that’s a real serious collector in the “putter scene “ and he’s not impressed by the feel either....oh crap.....did I just write that on here? Oops. I better watch my back now.

I was lucky enough to be lent a putter to see/try for a round from a very thoughtful member on here. I'm incredibly thankful since these are so rare in the wild -- and his is really a gorgeous stick.

i didn't find the feel great, and the overall performance of the putter left me feeling 'meh'. to me, the reason for purchasing his putters is more so for the aesthetic aspects or the rarity of it in the first place than the performance.

now, i was not fit for his putter obviously, so there could be some gains to be made in the performance aspects -- but overall my opinion is those buying these want the novelty.

*for those wondering, i do not plan on 'outing' the member here b/c he was so gracious to me. i don't want him to get bombarded with requests b/c i feel like that's a) not my place and b) would not want someone to take advantage of him.

The majority buy for the novelty. That's not a knock, that's a fact. Put it another way -- how many would play a Lamb (or another four-figure flatstick) and keep it in the bag with a plain black putter cover? C'mon, man! You want the world to know you've got a boutique stick. And in Lamb's case, for buyers it's also about the personal tie to him and the family. I give them all the credit in the world for crafting that image, mainly through social media.

as a collector of lots of different putter brands and makers i personally cant feel a damn thing. given im an average 7 handicapper who has never had a golf lesson and swings the club like a hockey stick but i feel putting is subjective and confidence based. i consider myself to be a lamb insider (i also consider myself to be a cameron insider, even though im in the little black book with a half dozen other names) and i can happily say that my lambs dont roll the ball any better then my odyessy two ball i rolled for 5 years.

i like cool stuff. and i like knowing that person whos name is on my putter made my putter. i met tyson when he was just starting out. now many believe him to be the next big thing. i just think of him as Tyson. he makes cool stuff. he built a business from nothing and is trying to make everyone happy (any of us who have been in this game for a long time know its impossible). boutique putters are expensive. highly in demand boutique putters are even more expensive. being involved in every single one is a PITA.

im no longer going to try and defend tyson because i am highly biased. all i can say is i had custom orders in with cameron for over 2 years that never got made. i know plenty of other "insider collectors" with much greater wait times then that. thats why there is a secondary market. when tyson was starting out i explained to him to make it about the gatherings. not the stuff. the stuff is awesome, but the connections and friendships made by playing golf together and BSing is what prevents the burnout in collecting. if it was just about stuff you will wake up one day and say "i have 20k worth of stuff....why? im the only person i know (in person) that thinks its cool" Because of this we have tried to make open invite golf trips for people. the Tennessee gathering was an open invite....12 guys showed up. the road trip tyson, mula, ham and myself took last year was an open invite for 1 thousand miles and 220 holes of golf. we said on social media "hey will are gonna be here....come and play if youre free" by doing this we created a community. i dont care how much stuff you have from anyone.....if you guys never get together and have some drinks and talk crap to one another whats the point? to just be a hoarder?

best way to get something made is come and play golf with us when we are having an open invite event. ride in the cart with tyson over the course of our trip. maybe have a drink of water or whatever after the round if you couldnt ride with him and pester him to get something. thats what ham does. Cameron was so successful because we had golf events and get togethers. they made us become friends. then you realize those are what are important. i still have the friends post cameron ban.....the putters are on their way out because the stuff never mattered. Tyson and a bunch of guys wil be in Chicago next month....talk to someone who has details and go play golf with him. tyson is inviting. we all are. but if you just sit behind the computer all night and complain we dont get to know you....even if you have lots of stuff. the inner circle is growing every single day. its not hard to get into.....

just my 2 cents. im sure 99% of the guys on here are great guys....but some of you come across like babies (myself included). text on a page doesnt let you get to know someone. playing a round of golf and getting in on some inside jokes lets us know who you really are. if you just want stuff then be patient or hit up ebay and pay stupid amounts of money. if you cant make a trip.....figure it out. i also have a wife and two kids. i can make some stuff cant make others. there are 30-40 guys on the inside becuase they made it work one way or another. Tysons brand is about us....not the putters. as soon as you meet us you will get it

-Santo

I came for the golf but stayed for the friends... I

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I will say that the sweet spot on the Lamb flatsticks is much, much smaller than my DH89 or any of the Camerons I have. I struggle to get a lot of feedback on either of the Lamb putters I have (Allendale and Bridgeport). The feel could be improved.

Overall, it's an awesome putter and I look forward to gaming it the rest of the summer.

I salute you for your honest feedback. This is the type of thing i am wanting to hear. Yes, cosmetially hes on another level (my opinion, relax fellas) but what matters to me is that sweetspot, roll and feel.

I salute you for your honest feedback. This is the type of thing i am wanting to hear. Yes, cosmetially hes on another level (my opinion, relax fellas) but what matters to me is that sweetspot, roll and feel.

A smaller sweet spot would increase feedback. Not getting a lot of feedback would imply the sweet spot is bigger and the putter more forgiving.

I came for the golf but stayed for the friends... I

I am in for a friend/putter get together if you promise not to bang any putters in a putter p0rn way! :rofl:

No guarantees ;)

protos F4

“Mint Eastwood” doughnut marker release and a new batch of rage on Instagram.

It’s just so entertaining that people actually get worked up into a complete froth over how the releases sell out in a few minutes and the flippers are using bots.

It’s so easy to avoid the irritation....Just don’t bother to fight for one.

https://www.instagra...d=195dpz8yw82qv

It’s just so entertaining that people actually get worked up into a complete froth over how the releases sell out in a few minutes and the flippers are using bots.

Has there been proof of bots?

https://www.instagra...d=195dpz8yw82qv

Has there been proof of bots?

Yes. Check the Instagram posts. They talk about it.

They are trying to use a signature system to Catch them.

When they catch them after the order is placed, they void the sale and make the item available again.

Little mud slinging going on in here.

Those that cannot, teach and those that can, do.

protos F4

Some people love watching/commenting on all the conflicts of the customers of a company selling hunks of metal turned into golf equipment made by a machine.

If your explanation for trolling is this, you my friend are a lot more goofy than I thought.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Some people love watching/commenting on all the conflicts of the customers of a company selling hunks of metal turned into golf equipment made by a machine.

If your explanation for trolling is this, you my friend are a lot more goofy than I thought.

It is an observation. No need to take a shot at my character.

It is an observation. No need to take a shot at my character.

Not to get off topic, but you do think that trolling is a bit of a negative character trait? At least we're on the same page (:

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale