Putting green

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the process of building mine. The room is about 9x15. The previous owner used it as a gym so it has 1 inch think rubber matting on the floor. I used that as a base then am messing around with putting cardboard underneath it to create breaks. (long term I will probably use MDF or something) for the holes I am 3d printing a shallow cup similar to the birdie ball ones. The carpet is indoor outdoor rug from home depot. It has a feel similar to felt and was $18 for a 6x8 section. It should be a cool room once i get it painted and finished.

Wife thinks this is ridiculous but she got over it pretty quick. Spend a lot of time down here perfecting my 3 putt techniques. It's a 12 foot trueline green. Has the little snake type thing that let you adjust the break. Have had it about 7 years and it has held up extremely well. I drilled out the cup in the old basement floors before I had any clue that they made old basement tiles out of asbestos and drilling into them is the absolute worst thing you can do. I'm sure I'm fine but anyone else looking to do this should look into it before drilling holes in old tiles.

Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Taylormade DJ Spider Tour

I built one in my garage using 3x2 timber and pro-putt grass, it's 1m wide and 4m long, the left side is raised so the left hole has a break and the right hole is flat

I drilled out the holes in the floor and the whole thing is narrow enough so that we can get the car in over it without running it over

Nice setup. Do you find the width works well enough? Thinking about building one this winter, but I can't decide if I want it 4 feet or 3 feet wide.

I built one in my garage using 3x2 timber and pro-putt grass, it's 1m wide and 4m long, the left side is raised so the left hole has a break and the right hole is flat

I drilled out the holes in the floor and the whole thing is narrow enough so that we can get the car in over it without running it over

Nice setup. Do you find the width works well enough? Thinking about building one this winter, but I can't decide if I want it 4 feet or 3 feet wide.

I have 4' x 14' proputtsystems green that I bought off the BST. It's great - I wouldn't want it anymore narrow than 4' though.

Trying to convince the wife to let me put one in the back yard. I have a pretty big back yard.. Plenty of room for a putting green. Plus less grass to cut for me!

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Wife thinks this is ridiculous but she got over it pretty quick. Spend a lot of time down here perfecting my 3 putt techniques. It's a 12 foot trueline green. Has the little snake type thing that let you adjust the break. Have had it about 7 years and it has held up extremely well. I drilled out the cup in the old basement floors before I had any clue that they made old basement tiles out of asbestos and drilling into them is the absolute worst thing you can do. I'm sure I'm fine but anyone else looking to do this should look into it before drilling holes in old tiles.

Love the Wall decor!!!! We are hopfully going back to back again. Maybe we can get out sometime being from the Burgh Also!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Pretty sweet!

[b]TaylorMade M1 9.5º Fujikura Pro XLR8 Stiff
Titleist 915Fd 15* GD p9003x
Titleist 913Hd 18º D+ 90Hy X flex
Titleist T-mb 4-9 DG S400 2º flat
Titleist SM6 46.08 & 50.10 F-Grind DG S400 2º flat
Titleist Vokey V-grind 54.10 & 58.10 DG Hi-Rev Wedge+ 2º flat
Titleist Cameron & Crown Golo5
Current HDCP 5.9 (as of 11/2016)[/b]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/902791-conrad283s-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

one the non handy guys out there......being my self lol I swear by big moss putting greens. Tons of threads in here about them and i will value for having one for 2 years and it rolls like a dream. Just throwing that out there for those that would do more damage then good with power tools.... :)

Agree, I am very happy with my Big Moss green!

No, but I'm jealous! I've always wanted an indoor putting green. The wife has never wanted an indoor putting green. Current house is too small, so the compromise is no indoor putting green.

That's no compromise, that's you being magnanimous. You've stored up some man-cave points that you can cash in down the road.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Has anyone put a small putting green in their office?

I have one in my office that is either 6 or 8 feet long with the stupid return popper that I tend to use when I'm sitting on conference calls that I'm not actively participating in.

I got it as a gag gift from one of my employees and it get's a lot of use late in the day so another longer one was purchased for the conference room. Happy employees make for better employees. That and a few friendly wagers are always fun in the office.

You don't need a whole lot of engineering to have a nice putting green in the basement. Buy a 4 X 14 foot green from birdieball and tape it to the basement floor with two sided tape. I have found that birdieall is an excellent putting surface to putt on and it is rather inexpensive compared to other putting greens sold online. A person can spend a lot of money trying to build a putting green when all you need is a strip of birdie ball putting green on concrete floor and you have something that will be enjoyable through the winter.

I have one in my office that is either 6 or 8 feet long with the stupid return popper that I tend to use when I'm sitting on conference calls that I'm not actively participating in.

I got it as a gag gift from one of my employees and it get's a lot of use late in the day so another longer one was purchased for the conference room. Happy employees make for better employees. That and a few friendly wagers are always fun in the office.

I have been tempted to put one in my office. However, I'm debated the cost benefit analysis of putting a Super Stroke on my 15 year old back-up putter that I keep in my office.

I'm currently trying to plan my putting green for my basement. I've got plenty of room, so I'm looking at building probably 12x12, or maybe a little smaller. I found one place that sells turf by 6ft, but that isn't the best quality. Then there's another place that sells it by 12ft. I might go check Home Depot and see if they have anything that would work. I want to stay around $1/sqft. Anyone have any suggestions of how to build a platform so there can be cups, and any suggestions on turf?

I have been tempted to put one in my office. However, I'm debated the cost benefit analysis of putting a Super Stroke on my 15 year old back-up putter that I keep in my office.

I have a couple of my backup putters that sit in one of my backup bags in my office and it tends to be more of a thing to pass the time and be sure I'm making a good stroke than any actual practice since there is no break on the ones I have.

I'm currently trying to plan my putting green for my basement. I've got plenty of room, so I'm looking at building probably 12x12, or maybe a little smaller. I found one place that sells turf by 6ft, but that isn't the best quality. Then there's another place that sells it by 12ft. I might go check Home Depot and see if they have anything that would work. I want to stay around $1/sqft. Anyone have any suggestions of how to build a platform so there can be cups, and any suggestions on turf?

I was going to build this at some point, but just decided to purchase a Big Moss green. I know some people love the birdie ball, but I am not a fan.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/build_your_own_8_x_8_indoor_putting_green_cheaply

I was going to build this at some point, but just decided to purchase a Big Moss green. I know some people love the birdie ball, but I am not a fan.

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/build_your_own_8_x_8_indoor_putting_green_cheaply

I found that article too. I was planning on doing something like that, maybe just a little longer than 8 feet. My biggest issue so far is finding the right turf. Everything is either too expensive or too cheap. I haven't been able to find an in between in quality

https://thesandtrap....g_green_cheaply

I found that article too. I was planning on doing something like that, maybe just a little longer than 8 feet. My biggest issue so far is finding the right turf. Everything is either too expensive or too cheap. I haven't been able to find an in between in quality

Have you looked at SynLawn's stuff?

http://www.synlawngolf.com/shop/synlawn-classic-putt/

https://thesandtrap....g_green_cheaply

Have you looked at SynLawn's stuff?

http://www.synlawngolf.com/shop/synlawn-classic-putt/

I think I came across that. There wasn't a price for just a roll of the turf, so that's probably a sign that it's expensive.