Big, tall, or round golfer's. Get on in here.

Shaft 'droop' just means the shaft is flexing downward toe of the club is bending down and if it does enough, ya get toe down divots, opens the face, 7-P miss greens right, 4,5,6,

not just miss right but have more 'slice' looking ball flite..

It's how/why we bend the lie angle...As Porkie said "Lie boards don't lie"...They don't BUT casting, a little too much RH pushing the grip (and ultimately bending the left wrist through impact WILL produce an 'artificially' flat reading on the skid tape.

It's not the tape is lying...I've had maybe 50-60 people finally come for lessons after getting fit by a 'sales caddie' that all had STOOPID upright clubs...Like 4up for 5'5 guy and all he does is hook the crap out of it when he doesn't cast and releases the club 'better'...A good fitter seeing that should point it out and ask the customer "if he's working on it" or if this is his swing and he's happy...Good forged and GOOD cast clubs are easily bent a little as someone improves, but some can't be. A lot of Nikes, Cobras and heads with composite inserts, even a few Cleveland heads (you can easily bend their wedges 5 degrees but not all the heads, so that means they have to sent back to the factory for adjustments..

A good fitting should be looking forward 5 years and include all the personal variables.

Ping, for instance says shaft flex in droop doesn't matter (because they're justifying the mini "fitting" lol bag a lot of places have - Dick's comes to mind. A very inadequate selection of shafts and lie angles for better players. A regular shaft - especially graphite droops more than a stiff. (period), NOW, someone tests on a stiff, 'cause it was the only 1" long stick, and orders 1.5" Regular, That shaft will be too weak and they'll end up toe down... As rybo says...For the mfr's convenience...

Try and pause your clip @ :04 that's where it's starting

I know exactly what shaft droop is. Just have no clue what your point is. He doesn't have any abnormal amount of droop and what you see as droop is a blurred shaft due to distortion from the camera with a rolling shutter. His club is swinging across the ball because he is rotating his forearms faster than his wrist are uncocking which steepens the shaft and kicks the clubhead out. The club is essentially pointing towards his bell button halfway down and perpendicular to his shoulders as opposed to being parallel to his shoulders or even pointing right of his shoulders. He's doing the opposite of casting, his arms rotate way to early with too much wrist c0ck. If he was casting the club, uncocking without rolling forearms he'd be swing way out to the right and coming down with the club way behind his hands. The reason he is flat footed is because he's already swinging way across it by steepening the shaft. If he wasn't flat footed and got more open he'd be swinging even more across it making his results exponentially worse. He literally can't turn through it because the club is perpendicular to his shoulders WAY before impact.

None of this or his problems have anything to do with shaft droop.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slants, Dan & Tex...Got a full day of lessons tomorrow, but I'm going to try to record a good short piece of me movin through the questions and back n forth's we've been having

Sounds good and thanks Jim. If you have a full day, don't worry about it. We aren't going anywhere.

"Patience without understanding"

Why do you guys do this?

Seriously?

No one in the enjoys it.

Why can't you ask in a private message?

He's giving swing advice that seems vary vague. I'm just asking him to clarify. Why does it bother you so much?? Do you understand what driving the downswing early means? Or too much right hand? So you don't like the question so it shouldn't be asked? I'm sure there are plenty of people who also are interested in knowing what those comments mean.

yeah, his camera, but my HS HD cameras with the correct shutter and lenses show the same thing....Your saying shafts DON'T droop... You can barely stop that clip and see. My rig @ running @ 450fps shows it nicely. You are right about the blur and distortion here. You're right in that the gear need to be chosen and set up properly, and I won't even attempt to discuss that stuff w/anyone as it is entirely, admittedly over my head. As I've told folks, I have no idea what makes it work, I just know how to drive it. It was all set up for me by the software people.

Shaft 'droop' just means the shaft is flexing downward toe of the club is bending down and if it does enough, ya get toe down divots, opens the face, 7-P miss greens right, 4,5,6,

It's how/why we bend the lie angle...As Porkie said "Lie boards don't lie"...They don't BUT casting, a little too much RH pushing the grip (and ultimately bending the left wrist through impact WILL produce an 'artificially' flat reading on the skid tape.

It's not the tape is lying...I've had maybe 50-60 people finally come for lessons after getting fit by a 'sales caddie' that all had STOOPID upright clubs...Like 4up for 5'5 guy and all he does is hook the crap out of it when he doesn't cast and releases the club 'better'...A good fitter seeing that should point it out and ask the customer "if he's working on it" or if this is his swing and he's happy...Good forged and GOOD cast clubs are easily bent a little as someone improves, but some can't be. A lot of Nikes, Cobras and heads with composite inserts, even a few Cleveland heads (you can easily bend their wedges 5 degrees but not all the heads, so that means they have to sent back to the factory for adjustments..

A good fitting should be looking forward 5 years and include all the personal variables.

Ping, for instance says shaft flex in droop doesn't matter (because they're justifying the mini "fitting" lol bag a lot of places have - Dick's comes to mind. A very inadequate selection of shafts and lie angles for better players. A regular shaft - especially graphite droops more than a stiff. (period), NOW, someone tests on a stiff, 'cause it was the only 1" long stick, and orders 1.5" Regular, That shaft will be too weak and they'll end up toe down... As rybo says...For the mfr's convenience...

I know exactly what shaft droop is. Just have no clue what your point is. He doesn't have any abnormal amount of droop and what you see as droop is a blurred shaft due to distortion from the camera with a rolling shutter. His club is swinging across the ball because he is rotating his forearms faster than his wrist are uncocking which steepens the shaft and kicks the clubhead out. The club is essentially pointing towards his bell button halfway down and perpendicular to his shoulders as opposed to being parallel to his shoulders or even pointing right of his shoulders. He's doing the opposite of casting, his arms rotate way to early with too much wrist c0ck. If he was casting the club, uncocking without rolling forearms he'd be swing way out to the right and coming down with the club way behind his hands. The reason he is flat footed is because he's already swinging way across it by steepening the shaft. If he wasn't flat footed and got more open he'd be swinging even more across it making his results exponentially worse. He literally can't turn through it because the club is perpendicular to his shoulders WAY before impact.

I'm about done with you, troll. You really complicate S**t and don't even bother to comprehend the gist of what was written...I didn't say HE was casting, did I. We've been mixing bits about shafts in what is essentially a thread about EXTRA large folks and the issues they have. I'm telling him and you he's flat footed BECAUSE he PROPABLY didn't shift and unwind from his left hip WHICH is what big people really need to try to do. IF he HAD, there's no way he'd still be flat footed. The shaft was NOT the issue, merely a secondary comment that a reg flex graphite will droop more when lengthened, and more additionally if forced! What's gonna bend more? A 6' diving board with 100 lb guy or a 7.5 foot made out of the same stuff with 125 lb guy...If he was in front of me, in 2 minutes it'd be fixed and an entirely new video'd be posted. he'd be off his right foot, more inside out and the extended reg shaft would still be too weak.

Now go away, you wiper of other peoples bottoms, or I shall taunt you a second time....(M. Python)

You said "lotsa shaft droop making the head a lil out to in". In human english that means shaft droop is causing the issue. You have stated that "any written piece of instruction needs to be very clear" and insinuated that you were very good at it and most others weren't. As a bystander reading your stuff I have to disagree. To be frank it sounds like a lot of golf digest tips rolled around in a bingo hopper. The analysis by iteach is absolutely correct. "Post up on the left and unwind" has been said a billion times and is not helpful. I would argue it does more harm than good.

do you two hens have a phone tree set up? Taking this out of context again. drop dead. you're making fools out of yourselves.

There is a semi-colon there, and the shaft is not the issue. The omitted words are [that his path} is out to in or square to in at best.

So if you have a sports medicine degree or 20 yrs experience teaching back injuries, joint replacements, NBA, NFL, NHL & WWE athletes as well as profoundly disabled and other atypical body type golfers....Contribute or be gone. Troll 2

You aren't here to contribute

This is exactly what you said...

"looks like Rt. hand is doing too much; lotsa shaft droop making the head a lil out to in, or square to in at best "

Surely you can explain how this is clear (by your standards previously set here on the board). Your later suggestions will very likely make him either very steep or MORE out to in.... This is me contributing.

Why do you guys do this?

Seriously?

No one in the enjoys it.

He's giving swing advice that seems vary vague. I'm just asking him to clarify. Why does it bother you so much?? Do you understand what driving the downswing early means? Or too much right hand? So you don't like the question so it shouldn't be asked? I'm sure there are plenty of people who also are interested in knowing what those comments mean.

I know a lot of the instructors on here are very respected. I respect a lot of them too! Have had back and forth's with questions and understandings about the golf swing.

Vague? You guys know there are a lot of ways to swing the club. It blows my mind that instructors argue so much with each other when they both have had so much success in their field. I guarantee there are instructors in here who would say "wrong" "wrong" "wrong" to some of the golf instruction given to Jack or Arnold back in the day. Someone could say "2 turns and a swish" and it could be the simple "key" they need. But yet, that advice is very vague.

Why does it bother me so much? Because you guys start these back and forth's, and I guarantee most of the people reading it have no clue how to do half of these things. Everyone just sits back and waits for the waters to settle, just to ask a simple question. You have to remember, most are here to learn, this is not their full time job. And it bothers because it stuff like this that ruins these threads. The average large golfer could have been following along, and then says " that got too confusing for me". Lose interest, look elsewhere.

Do I understand what driving the downswing means or too much right hand? I've been on this site for 8 or 10 years, whatever it is. Read thousands of threads. I believe I do. But I don't have a certificate that says that I do.

I don't like the question so it shouldn't be asked? I don't believe a question should be asked with the intent of finding a weakness in the armor. And if it flirts with that line, it should be a private message.

You're pretty sure that many people that want to know what those comments mean? It turns into another language when instructors go back and forth with each other. And the people that fully understand that language are instructors or golfers that have a very large understanding of what goes on in swing mechanics. Most of the time, those 2 groups need the least amount of help.

I'm respectful and polite on these boards, and many would vouch for me. I've earned the right to write this if you know what I mean. If it doesn't matter to you, then so be it.

"Patience without understanding"

If the person asking for the help, who we've already all talked about shafts with doesn't get it, he's free to ask, or go else where. like I said, run away.

YOU once again, in snarky keyboard commando fashion cut out the first few sentences. You're pathetic and weak. Lotsa people have written direct to thank me. Frankly they're fed up with this juvenile attack behavior. So, like I told someone else, either put up your real name, your CV, a link to 40 or more current client reviews, awards, or look else where to be a knob. I've got 7hrs of lessons tomorrow. done for tonite

"snarky keyboard commando"??? Really? You have had a few instructors, which I am not, ask you to explain why you suggest what you did and you instantly attack them and call them trolls. Pot, meet kettle.

yeah, his camera, but my HS HD cameras with the correct shutter and lenses show the same thing....Your saying shafts DON'T droop... You can barely stop that clip and see. My rig @ running @ 450fps shows it nicely. You are right about the blur and distortion here. You're right in that the gear need to be chosen and set up properly, and I won't even attempt to discuss that stuff w/anyone as it is entirely, admittedly over my head. As I've told folks, I have no idea what makes it work, I just know how to drive it. It was all set up for me by the software people.

I'm about done with you, troll. You really complicate S**t and don't even bother to comprehend the gist of what was written...I didn't say HE was casting, did I. We've been mixing bits about shafts in what is essentially a thread about EXTRA large folks and the issues they have. I'm telling him and you he's flat footed BECAUSE he PROPABLY didn't shift and unwind from his left hip WHICH is what big people really need to try to do. IF he HAD, there's no way he'd still be flat footed. The shaft was NOT the issue, merely a secondary comment that a reg flex graphite will droop more when lengthened, and more additionally if forced! What's gonna bend more? A 6' diving board with 100 lb guy or a 7.5 foot made out of the same stuff with 125 lb guy...If he was in front of me, in 2 minutes it'd be fixed and an entirely new video'd be posted. he'd be off his right foot, more inside out and the extended reg shaft would still be too weak.

Now go away, you wiper of other peoples bottoms, or I shall taunt you a second time....(M. Python)

What are you talking about? Of course shafts droop. But you said he has too much shaft droop and you absolutely said he is casting.

I'm telling you he's flat footed because the club is out of position. He's flat footed because he hits the ball BETTER flat footed than he would if he wasn't. If he cleared his left side he'd swing even more across it and hit it exponentially worse. If you fix the club in relation to his body he'd pivot better automatically. He literally can't do what your telling him to do. And it has nothing to do with casting or droop which YOU brought up and now claim you never said he was casting?

You claimed there was lots of droop which isn't the case at all, then you said the droop is being caused by him casting and doing too much with his right hand, now you're saying he's not casting and you never said he was. You're taking in circles and make no sense. I comprehend what you said. But what you said make no sense and you contradicted yourself multiple times. I didn't complicate anything, what I said was very simple and clear and I explained exactly what the root cause of the issue is and what needs to be fixed. That's not complicated. It's complete and specific.

Posts in violation of forum rules have been removed.

Read this topic prior to posting any further:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1256954-controversial-tone-high-maintenance-users-posting-and-reporting-will-be-curbed/

Forum rules also prohibit the use of profanities, regardless of whether it's masked, abbreviated, ...

Consider this a fair warning. Any further reports or violations will result in this topic being closed for good.

Keep responses ON TOPIC.

Why do you guys do this?

Seriously?

No one in the enjoys it.

I know a lot of the instructors on here are very respected. I respect a lot of them too! Have had back and forth's with questions and understandings about the golf swing.

Vague? You guys know there are a lot of ways to swing the club. It blows my mind that instructors argue so much with each other when they both have had so much success in their field. I guarantee there are instructors in here who would say "wrong" "wrong" "wrong" to some of the golf instruction given to Jack or Arnold back in the day. Someone could say "2 turns and a swish" and it could be the simple "key" they need. But yet, that advice is very vague.

Why does it bother me so much? Because you guys start these back and forth's, and I guarantee most of the people reading it have no clue how to do half of these things. Everyone just sits back and waits for the waters to settle, just to ask a simple question. You have to remember, most are here to learn, this is not their full time job. And it bothers because it stuff like this that ruins these threads. The average large golfer could have been following along, and then says " that got too confusing for me". Lose interest, look elsewhere.

Do I understand what driving the downswing means or too much right hand? I've been on this site for 8 or 10 years, whatever it is. Read thousands of threads. I believe I do. But I don't have a certificate that says that I do.

I don't like the question so it shouldn't be asked? I don't believe a question should be asked with the intent of finding a weakness in the armor. And if it flirts with that line, it should be a private message.

You're pretty sure that many people that want to know what those comments mean? It turns into another language when instructors go back and forth with each other. And the people that fully understand that language are instructors or golfers that have a very large understanding of what goes on in swing mechanics. Most of the time, those 2 groups need the least amount of help.

I'm respectful and polite on these boards, and many would vouch for me. I've earned the right to write this if you know what I mean. If it doesn't matter to you, then so be it.

If you have any issues with my questions please handle it by pm so as not to disrupt the thread. Thanks.

Hogan's thought about the body leading (taken from the grip chapter, but nonetheless appropriate)...

IF the dominant hand or essentially the human 'Hitting Muscles" jumping in early OR start the downswing all at the same time before the shift has a chance to take hold stops the body from doing it's thing. The whole damn thing happens in one second, so if it starts from the strong side the front side never gets to initiate the proper rotary action and create centrifugal force. THAT emanates from good foot work and body movement. If the strong side 'over rules' that, it'll never happen.

I know what hogan said. I wanted your interpretation, specifically from what you saw on the video as pertaining bmantx. I see a guy who doesn't get enough depth, right elbow tends to overfold in transition which gets right shoulder going ir. As iteach said, this causes forearms to rotate too early, kicks the club head out to soon causing a left to right path. Because of this, he stays flat footed and doesn't rotate in order to keep the path from going more left.

We might be saying the same thing, just wanted to see what you meant by too much right hand and right side.

Why do you guys do this?

Seriously?

No one in the enjoys it.

Swing advice that is vague? How do you know? Maybe the person he is giving the advice to completely understands and that is all that matters...Saying Jim's advice is vague, is a pretty vague statement by you. Jim recently made a post in one of the Jimmy Ballard threads that is classic, something every instructor should read.

Last time I checked this is the instruction forum. If you post something as swing advice, be prepared to get challenged. Every legitimate instructor on here has been challenged numerous time and has responded as has Jim. If Jim is asked to clarify, what's wrong with that ?

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

I, for one, have enjoyed both this whole thread and the clarifications made by Jim - and he seems to have had no problem with responding and clarifying. I hope that continues. I'm rather short but I'm awful round, and I've found this thread to be great.

Driver: Honma TW747 10.5*

Fairways: Honma TW747 15* / 18*
Hybrids: Honma TW747 22* / 25*
Irons: Honma TW-X 6-11

Wedges: Honma TW-W4 54* / 58*
Putter: TaylorMade TP Collection Juno (33”)

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft (2020)

Hogan's thought about the body leading (taken from the grip chapter, but nonetheless appropriate)...

IF the dominant hand or essentially the human 'Hitting Muscles" jumping in early OR start the downswing all at the same time before the shift has a chance to take hold stops the body from doing it's thing. The whole damn thing happens in one second, so if it starts from the strong side the front side never gets to initiate the proper rotary action and create centrifugal force. THAT emanates from good foot work and body movement. If the strong side 'over rules' that, it'll never happen.

I know what hogan said. I wanted your interpretation, specifically from what you saw on the video as pertaining bmantx. I see a guy who doesn't get enough depth, right elbow tends to overfold in transition which gets right shoulder going ir. As iteach said, this causes forearms to rotate too early, kicks the club head out to soon causing a left to right path. Because of this, he stays flat footed and doesn't rotate in order to keep the path from going more left.

We might be saying the same thing, just wanted to see what you meant by too much right hand and right side.

Exactly... Not enough depth/weight too far forward, narrow, and too much kick out. While a good "shift" to the front would help in theory, those issues would likely be multiplied if that was the golfers focus. Trying to "shift" to the front with the weight forward and not enough depth would make things worse and possibly cause the skanks.

Tried something yesterday and it worked very well. So well played an entire set today in a scramble and the results were outstanding.

From the posts in this topic, yesterday decided to build a pw and a 4 iron using 95 gram Steelfibers at 38 1/4" and 41 1/4". Took them to the range to see two things. One, if a pitching wedge would be playable for me at this length and two, to see if a 4 iron built longer then anything I've attempted before would be something I could even hit. Well both worked great. So much so built the rest of the set using a straight 1/2" increments. Also built a 37 3/4" sand wedge for today's scramble using a 95 gram Nippon shaft. It was great too.

Must say I am shocked. Maybe all these years of trying to go longer without going too long was not the issue. It was just the fact that I was still not long enough. A 38 1/4" PW is as long as I've ever tried. It was such a natural feeling to be able to grip the club at address and not have to stoop over to be able to grip the club. I would say by most standards these are +2 1/2" over.

After the round picked up a 95 gram Recoil prototype wedge shaft and installed it in a 50* wedge. Built to 38". Swinging it feels great, will hit some balls tomorrow with it.

Would like to thank the mods for stepping in and getting this topic back on track. Not sure why there is so much animosity amongst individuals teaching golf. There is no one right way to swing a club and no one right way to teach golf. If scoring is the ultimate barometer then all of us should be trying to learn Jim Furyk's swing. After all a 58 and 59 is the best ever on tour.

I know there is a huge level of frustration amongst tall golfers trying to be properly fit. I have spoken with many tall golfers who are seeking help when it comes to being fit correctly. The issue is a real one and should not be dismissed so quickly.

Tried something yesterday and it worked very well. So well played an entire set today in a scramble and the results were outstanding.

From this post yesterday decided to build a pw and a 4 iron using 95 gram Steelfibers at 38 1/4" and 41 1/4". Took them to the range to see two things. One, if a pitching wedge would be playable for me at this length and two, to see if a 4 iron built longer then anything I've attempted before would be something I could even hit. Well both worked great. So much so built the rest of the set using a straight 1/2" increments. Also built a 37 3/4" sand wedge for today's scramble using a 95 gram Nippon shaft. It was great too.

Must say I am shocked. Maybe all these years of trying to go longer without going too long was not the issue. It was just the fact that I was still not long enough. A 38 1/4" PW is as long as I've ever tried. It was such a natural feeling to be able to grip the club at address and not have to stoop over to be able to grip the club. I would say by most standards these are +2 1/2" over.

After the round picked up a 95 gram Recoil prototype wedge shaft and installed it in a 50* wedge. Built to 38". Swinging it feels great, will hit some balls tomorrow with it.

Would like to thank the mods for stepping in and getting this topic back on track. Not sure why there is so much animosity amongst individuals teaching golf. There is no one right way to swing a club and no one right way to teach golf. If scoring is the ultimate barometer then all of us should be trying to learn Jim Furyk's swing. After all a 58 and 59 is the best ever on tour.

I know there is a huge level of frustration amongst tall golfers trying to be properly fit. I have spoken with many tall golfers who are seeking help when it comes to being fit correctly. The issue is a real one and should not be dismissed so quickly.

I totally agree that very different body types and different swing types need different fits. What I dont understand is Awad's instant lashing out at any question of his swing advice. It makes him hard to take seriously. 3 highly regarded instructors asked him serious questions about his advice and he responded by calling them trolls and telling them to be gone rather than explaining his approach... All this after registering his account a whopping 2 weeks ago.

Fragile flowers.

Sounds like somebody didn't get enough pats on the back as a kid.

Get back on topic. Great thread aside from the school girl banter.

Dan

How ironic, your post fits right into the school girl banter that you speak of. Not sure if you realize it but historically, the best info in this site comes out when questions bring out discussion. "Fragile flowers" who can't back up their advice or handle questions call people trolls rather than discussing their position. If you didn't notice, when the thread was "cleaned up" it was pretty much just Awad's school girl banter that got cleaned.

Only 6 ' 3'' but would say if I didn't have my clubs lengthened and a few degrees upright I would have pretty severe issues. This is especially true with wedges, you absolutely have to get the lob and sand wedges at a length that is long enough so that you don't feel like the hunch back of Norte dame standing over ship shots.

I have the same setup and I agree. My new maltby wedges are way better than anything else I have tried off the rack, they are unbelievable so far.

Which particular model Maltby wedges are you referring to?

Mods please don't close this topic.

There is great information being shared that can help a lot of people.

Agreed - great discussion in here. Very interesting.

Rybo - curious at what point you cut off your overlength. For example, while I feel very comfortable standing with a longer 9 iron in my hands, I think a driver that was 46.5" or something like that would feel very excessive. Somewhere between 45" and 45.75" feels to be the sweet spot for me.

Mods please don't close this topic.

There is great information being shared that can help a lot of people.

Agreed - great discussion in here. Very interesting.

Rybo - curious at what point you cut off your overlength. For example, while I feel very comfortable standing with a longer 9 iron in my hands, I think a driver that was 46.5" or something like that would feel very excessive. Somewhere between 45" and 45.75" feels to be the sweet spot for me.

I think how the head is entering and making impact in the hitting area must dictate the club length. Whatever length you need to have a square face and no toe down condition is the correct length. You can't arbitrarily pick it, let the club(s) tell you. Toe side hits of any kind it's too short. If you notice the dreaded fish hooked shaped tee marks along the sole of your driver, those that start near the center and exit on a curve towards the toe, the club is too short. Toe heavy divots, too short. Any feeling of having to reach the club, too short. Pop corn fades on what feels like a good swing.

More convinced then ever that shoulder height is the missing variable for an effective fitting chart. If my shoulders are say 8" or more higher from the ground then say someone who is 5' 8", something has to make up that distance. The differences in WTF doesn't get you there. Maybe it should be something like shoulder height dictates length, wtf dictates lie angle? Only using WTF doesn't account for the swing axis and/or starting point of the lever.

Swing plane is dictated by the shoulder turn. Taller people have a naturally higher starting point. It's quite simple but just never been stated before.

I see a guy who doesn't get enough depth, right elbow tends to overfold in transition which gets right shoulder going ir. As iteach said, this causes forearms to rotate too early, kicks the club head out to soon causing a left to right path. Because of this, he stays flat footed and doesn't rotate in order to keep the path from going more left.

Thanks for the comments. I think you're dead on with me not getting deep enough and my right elbow folding in wrong.

I've been playing for about 18 months and this has been my issue since day one. I've tried "fixing" my swing, but in the end I think it goes back to physical issues. I'm not flexible enough, and I have problems with both rotator cuffs. I just can't rotate my right arm up and back properly without pain. That, and I have arthritis, bone spurs, tennis elbow and a partially torn bicep tendon in my right elbow.

I'm seeing a surgeon on the 9th, and I plan to have surgery on my elbow. Maybe I can take the recovery time to get back to PT on my rotator cuffs and to work on some stretching/yoga and start back healthier in a few months.

From the posts in this topic, yesterday decided to build a pw and a 4 iron using 95 gram Steelfibers at 38 1/4" and 41 1/4". Took them to the range to see two things. One, if a pitching wedge would be playable for me at this length and two, to see if a 4 iron built longer then anything I've attempted before would be something I could even hit. Well both worked great. So much so built the rest of the set using a straight 1/2" increments. Also built a 37 3/4" sand wedge for today's scramble using a 95 gram Nippon shaft. It was great too.

Do you feel like you're standing farther from the ball?