Relief on the course - no it's not what you think!

flog2

We all need relief right, it's nature and can't be helped.

Some courses have facilities dotted around, some have one after 9 holes. But if we are caught short we are caught short and relief must be taken, I get that and dont have an issue with it.

What I do have an issue with are players who literally just stand at the side of the tee and urinate, or take two steps towards a bush and do it then. Do these people not know about smell, or splashback! then they offer you a piece of their chocolate bar with urine soaked hands....lol

Like I say no issue with nature calling, its just how some people have no respect for others. Maybe my standards are just higher.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite relaxed about it.

As long as no one's waving it in my face and it's a happy enough ending, all's well.

lol I see what ya did.

heres a story trending today about a young boy being banned from his club for this.

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/news/article/teenager-banned-from-golf-club-after-relieving-himself-al-fresco

I'd rather someone piss within a few feet of me outside than inside at a urinal that's inches away with no breeze and piss from multiple people is what your standing in.

Out of all the possible things that could bother me... someone pissing a couple feet away form me is the least of my concerns. slow play, no beer, no water, no cart girl, stupid people, the group that wont let you through, no beer, battery running out in my range finder, cart wheel falling off, no beer etc all are above someone peeing close to me.

I try to be discreet about it. I also keep sanitizing hand wipes in my bag, after I take a leak I wipe my hands off with one in the presence of my group so nobody is afraid to shake my hand on the 18th green. I can't recall a time where someone just whipped it out in the wide open with no attempt to be discreet about what they were doing by going into the woods or whatever.

I try to be discreet about it. I also keep sanitizing hand wipes in my bag, after I take a leak I wipe my hands off with one in the presence of my group so nobody is afraid to shake my hand on the 18th green. I can't recall a time where someone just whipped it out in the wide open with no attempt to be discreet about what they were doing by going into the woods or whatever.

You carry 'sanitizing' apparatus?

In your golf bag??

On a golf course???

I'd rather someone piss within a few feet of me outside than inside at a urinal that's inches away with no breeze and piss from multiple people is what your standing in.

Out of all the possible things that could bother me... someone pissing a couple feet away form me is the least of my concerns. slow play, no beer, no water, no cart girl, stupid people, the group that wont let you through, no beer, battery running out in my range finder, cart wheel falling off, no beer etc all are above someone peeing close to me.

we all have different levels of standards.

In your golf bag??

On a golf course???

were you 'fitted' for it?

we all have different levels of standards.

In your golf bag??

On a golf course???

were you 'fitted' for it?

This is no joke, good Sir.

Lie angle and grip thickness is of paramount importance.

You make some good points. However, speaking only for myself of course, I believe you understated the importance of beer. Good beer.

There is this one old guy I play with. Great guy. Pretty old, just doesn't GAF and whips it out wherever. It's highly likely you will see his junk up close and personal every day you play golf with him. I throw tees at it when he gets too close.

There is a Course near me where the cart is compulsory b/c of the hilly layout, and is loaded with half a dozen blind shots. It's also lined with homes on most holes. If you like that kind of golf I'm good with it. What's you won't see are port-o-lets. No one cringes when we lose sight of playing partners, but we rarely see women playing there.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

If you shake more than twice, you are not playing golf anymore.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

Some places make it more challenging. This is Eagle Falls in Palm Desert. Thanks, but I'll just pee over there...

I had to go clear the ladies for my wife before she went in.

d8d0dbf08cd7e74563e5f0bf3843dfa8.jpg

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (Didn't make the cut)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (still the GOAT)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 56°, SM2 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Quite relaxed about it.

As long as no one's waving it in my face and it's a happy enough ending, all's well.

lol I see what ya did.

heres a story trending today about a young boy being banned from his club for this.

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/news/article/teenager-banned-from-golf-club-after-relieving-himself-al-fresco

Way to grow the game... crusty effin bastids

Bats/Sticks/Tools:

Ping G 10.5 set at 9.9, tour ad di 6x
Titleist 915F set at A4 (16.5), Rouge Black 80s
Titleist 910H set at A1 (19), Diamana Whiteboard 90s
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW, KBS Tour 120s
Titleist SM6 52(bent to 51), 56, 60. M grinds on the 56 and 60 F on the 51
Cameron Squareback.
ProV1x

Assistant Professional
PGA Apprentice

"Live Free or Die"

I don't understand how someone could have an issue with what this kid did.. Everyone is so swift to react these days without ever looking in the mirror at what they've done themselves. He has a medical condition to boot..

If you pissed right on the green, or tee box, then I'd be upset if I had to walk through it, but outside of that, I don't really care.

Maybe this kid should flip it around on the pervert for watching him pee in the woods. Honestly, if I think someone is peeing, I don't inspect to find out if that's what they're doing. It's a little creepy if the guy who caught him knew for a fact that's what he was doing.

Some courses have facilities dotted around, some have one after 9 holes. But if we are caught short we are caught short and relief must be taken, I get that and dont have an issue with it.

What I do have an issue with are players who literally just stand at the side of the tee and urinate, or take two steps towards a bush and do it then. Do these people not know about smell, or splashback! then they offer you a piece of their chocolate bar with urine soaked hands....lol

Like I say no issue with nature calling, its just how some people have no respect for others. Maybe my standards are just higher.

I'm not sure what exactly you're doing when you are answering nature's call, but I don't think I've had a "urine soaked hand" since I was old enough to go to the bathroom on my own.

If I have to go, I'm going to go. If I'm with my usual 4some, I will walk to the edge of the woods, or if we're on a tee box, to the side facing the woods (most holes on my home course are surrounded by woods). If I'm paired up with someone I don't know, I'll usually go a bit further. If there's a female in the group, I will disappear into the woods.

As for shaking hands on 18, I'm left handed, so my right hand is good. lol

I'm not sure what exactly you're doing when you are answering nature's call, but I don't think I've had a "urine soaked hand" since I was old enough to go to the bathroom on my own.

neither have I, it's other peoples hands as per the post.

There has to be other people out there that have never peed on a golf course? I never ever have gone in the woods while I was golfing. I find it disgusting that you just pee where ever you darn well please. Thanks a bunch for peeing where I have to work. That grass is cut and walked on and weed-eated by someone. I'd rather not think that you peed there prior to me working there, or even hitting my golf ball to that spot.

You can argue all you wish, but I'll save it for a rest room thank you!!!

In your golf bag??

On a golf course???

I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag also. Ever heard of Community Acquired MRSA?

In addition it helps after applying a fresh coat of sunscreen. Not to mention the Armor All one course had put on the cart's steering wheel. I used my alcohol-based cleaner to clean both my hands and the wheel. Get Armor All on your grips and I don't think you'll like it very much.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

My wife went to Bath and Body Works in the mall. Guess they were having a sale. She came home with about 6 of those little travel hand sanitizer things with the plastic holder. I have one on my golf bag now. Ocean for Men scent.

My wife does the same for me. Even got me a holder that is a golf tea and golf ball, clips on the handle of golf bag perfectly.

Cobra King F6
Callaway X Hot Pro 15* AxivCore Black
Adams Super S 19* TM JetSpeed 4H
Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 5-GW Project X LZ
Cleveland RTX CB 56* & 60*
Cameron Newport 2

In addition it helps after applying a fresh coat of sunscreen. Not to mention the Armor All one course had put on the cart's steering wheel. I used my alcohol-based cleaner to clean both my hands and the wheel. Get Armor All on your grips and I don't think you'll like it very much.

That happens way too frequently. WTF are courses thinking when they wipe down their carts with Armour All? I don't use a glove and it really is tough to get off your hands. Maybe I'll have to include some wipes in my golf bag.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (Didn't make the cut)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (still the GOAT)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 56°, SM2 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

At my home course there is not a restroom on the front 9, so I have a spot that I normally stop by behind a tee box. I can't see any possible way that someone mows, walks around, or does much else in that spot. Now, while down at Kiva Dunes last week, the starter warned my wife and me to check the restrooms for snakes because of the warm days and cold nights. Like the post above, I had to clear the stall for my wife.

In your golf bag??

On a golf course???

I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my bag also. Ever heard of Community Acquired MRSA?

I have a good friend and playing partner who's a micro biologist for a large water company.

Every Sunday for 27 holes and every Tuesday for 9, i'm 'treated', and i'm using the word 'treated' in the loosest possible way, to the delights and science of bugs and water......

He can't take a leak without worrying about a biohazard.

Maybe knowledge is power, but i'm sure the levels of stress this guy puts himself through will lead to his early demise.

Jeez, we're playin tomorrow!!

Oh well, it's Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...