2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone here a member at the Pinery at Parker. A couple of my buddies just moved over to there and they are pushing me to move as well. Just wanted to get some general pros/cons.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Anyone here a member at the Pinery at Parker. A couple of my buddies just moved over to there and they are pushing me to move as well. Just wanted to get some general pros/cons.

I don't know any members over there. Are things at ClubCorp changing a lot after the sale?

I've been thinking about doing a membership somewhere next year. The places I'm considering are Green Valley Ranch, Ridge at Castle Pines, or Black Bear. I remember when we were chatting back in May that you seemed pretty happy with CC at the time.

I have a good friend I could ask that is but that's all I got.

I don't know any members over there. Are things at ClubCorp changing a lot after the sale?

I've been thinking about doing a membership somewhere next year. The places I'm considering are Green Valley Ranch, Ridge at Castle Pines, or Black Bear. I remember when we were chatting back in May that you seemed pretty happy with CC at the time.

Joel - That would be great. More information never hurt.

G - Still happy but IMO it's starting to get/feel crowded especially at Blackstone. And I anticipate it's going to get worse once they get all the new homes built in Blackstone. As it it, it's very tough getting early morning weekend tee times (I have a 0500 alarm set to get up just to make tee times). Those are my preference so I can spend the rest of the day with the family.

So far nothing has changed with the sale and I don't anticipate any drastic changes for a little while. The general consensus is that they'll first address the Food&Beverage (including service) first as it's probably the most visible impact-wise. But that's just us members talking.

Are you in Parker?

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I have a good friend I could ask that is but that's all I got.

Joel - That would be great. More information never hurt.

G - Still happy but IMO it's starting to get/feel crowded especially at Blackstone. And I anticipate it's going to get worse once they get all the new homes built in Blackstone. As it it, it's very tough getting early morning weekend tee times (I have a 0500 alarm set to get up just to make tee times). Those are my preference so I can spend the rest of the day with the family.

So far nothing has changed with the sale and I don't anticipate any drastic changes for a little while. The general consensus is that they'll first address the Food&Beverage (including service) first as it's probably the most visible impact-wise. But that's just us members talking.

Are you in Parker?

Yeah, I live in Meridian Village over at Lincoln/Chambers. So Black Bear is pretty close. I'm like you, I prefer to play early (6-7:30) in the summer months. I like to get out and done before the heat shows up, and get out in front of the 5-6 hour rounds. Knowing that early tee times are tough to get is good to know.

I have a friend who is a member at The Pinery, and he absolutely loves the early morning tee times. He and his buddies can usually get through 18 in under 3 hours then go to work.

If you can use an address outside the Denver area, you can buy a ClubCorp travel membership for $50/mo, which gives you two free rounds per month at any ClubCorp course in the nation. That means being able to play Blackstone twice and Black Bear twice every month. (Yes, you have to pay for cart.)

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Played the Roaring Fork Club today. Nicklaus design in Basalt. Really nice course - I loved the layout and enjoyed the green complexes. Made back to back birdies on 10 and 11 and had a great look on 12 for the turkey but no dice.

It's in a beautiful location and it's a full service club and the staff was awesome (always nice when you feel welcome as a non-member) and the amenities were tasteful and wonderful. Solid day.

8862acb3f3035db293472a6e1d0aad38.jpg

61330ef3e05e6dc13429fee0c2edbf12.jpg

4d07377fdc184a2191ed20d4680685ef.jpg

2ccc74e01d8279ff8581c836e0f34b81.jpg

I have a friend who is a member at The Pinery, and he absolutely loves the early morning tee times. He and his buddies can usually get through 18 in under 3 hours then go to work.

If you can use an address outside the Denver area, you can buy a ClubCorp travel membership for $50/mo, which gives you two free rounds per month at any ClubCorp course in the nation. That means being able to play Blackstone twice and Black Bear twice every month. (Yes, you have to pay for cart.)

Played the Roaring Fork Club today. Nicklaus design in Basalt. Really nice course - I loved the layout and enjoyed the green complexes. Made back to back birdies on 10 and 11 and had a great look on 12 for the turkey but no dice.

It's in a beautiful location and it's a full service club and the staff was awesome (always nice when you feel welcome as a non-member) and the amenities were tasteful and wonderful. Solid day.

Swede : That's what I was hoping for is better pace of play. Our MGA events are taking 5+ hours to complete. So long that I've withdrawn from a few of them. I went off at 0706 last saturday and it was 4:30. There's no reason for that. We were the 5th group off. Played again on Sunday at 0706 and played in 3:30, much better. And I'm not sure what the difference was.

And great suggestion about the CC Travel membership.

007 : Course looks spectacular.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Yeah, I live in Meridian Village over at Lincoln/Chambers. So Black Bear is pretty close. I'm like you, I prefer to play early (6-7:30) in the summer months. I like to get out and done before the heat shows up, and get out in front of the 5-6 hour rounds. Knowing that early tee times are tough to get is good to know.

And I only anticipate tee times getting more difficult. They are supposed to be building 900 more home in Blackstone.

Just my opinion : As a member of a private club, I shouldn't need to get up at 0500 just to make a weekend tee time. That seems silly to me. Hell, it's probably easier to get an early morning tee time at some of the public courses in the area.

And I only anticipate tee times getting more difficult. They are supposed to be building 900 more home in Blackstone.

Just my opinion : As a member of a private club, I shouldn't need to get up at 0500 just to make a weekend tee time. That seems silly to me. Hell, it's probably easier to get an early morning tee time at some of the public courses in the area.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Assuming I'm guessing right, that club is a bit out of my tax bracket. But man it would be nice...

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Swede : That's what I was hoping for is better pace of play. Our MGA events are taking 5+ hours to complete. So long that I've withdrawn from a few of them. I went off at 0706 last saturday and it was 4:30. There's no reason for that. We were the 5th group off. Played again on Sunday at 0706 and played in 3:30, much better. And I'm not sure what the difference was.

Oops. I should've prefaced that by saying he plays mainly weekday morning rounds. I'm not sure he plays any MGA events at Pinery. I'll ask him on Saturday.

Assuming I'm guessing right, that club is a bit out of my tax bracket. But man it would be nice...

Lol, amen to that one. I'm trying to get on there through some friends at some point this year. I've played it twice for the US Four-Ball Qual a couple years ago but that's it.

Separate note: I just got an email yesterday that Nash made the Interclub playoffs. Looks like we get to play Glenwood Springs first. I just looked at the course and it looks like a 3000 yard 9 hole par 35. I'm already going to be in Grand Junction that weekend for the Rocky Mountain Open so I'll play the matches there on my way home. Looks like it's going to be an interesting one.

I agree with this sentiment. It seems like all of the Colorado Private clubs either stay in the 3000-10000 range where they are so busy and booked that it essentially isn't worth it. (Highlands Ranch is semi-private and they do everything the possibly can to fill every tee time so there is no such thing as a fast or partial round. ever. Not worth it to be anything more than a corporate member). If they aren't on this lower end, they seem to jump up to the 50-60-100 K initiation range which is mind boggling to commit that much money. I'm assuming there's not a great market for the 10-20K range and that those people end up going to the top or to the cheaper option.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

So let me get this straight...is that membership good for 2 rounds a month at each course? Or 2 rounds a month, total?

Either way, $25 for a round of golf is great no matter where it's at. I think I might just sign up for this.

So let me get this straight...is that membership good for 2 rounds a month at each course? Or 2 rounds a month, total?

Either way, $25 for a round of golf is great no matter where it's at. I think I might just sign up for this.

I was assuming this was an add-on for existing Club Corp members. I could be wrong

I was assuming this was an add-on for existing Club Corp members. I could be wrong

Not sure about that. We have that benefit and it's included in our membership (we pay cart fees) but I couldn't find anything on the clubcorp website about the travel option.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Two rounds per golf course per month. Don't forget you have to pay for cart, so it's going to be closer to $30 per round if you were to play Blackstone and Black Bear twice a month ($50 divided by four; plus $18-ish for cart each round).

It used to be; now it's open to anyone regardless of membership. People are speculating that they want to significantly increase membership numbers for when the sale is complete.

Here is a thread about it...

http://www.golfwrx.c...hen-you-travel/

Two rounds per golf course per month. Don't forget you have to pay for cart, so it's going to be closer to $30 per round if you were to play Blackstone and Black Bear twice a month ($50 divided by four; plus $18-ish for cart each round).

It used to be; now it's open to anyone regardless of membership. People are speculating that they want to significantly increase membership numbers for when the sale is complete.

Ok, it's a 100 miles from primary residence. For me, that would put only Aspen Glen and Sonnenalp in my range. Ft. Collins CC is 90 miles. I'm glad my range is 50mi :)

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Joel, I'd set that course up to make players think. Use different tee boxes to accomplish this. Like move up #2 to tempt players to go for the 2nd fairway type of thing. Make #13 drivable? Anyway have fun with it.

Thanks for the input Aaron, I like this idea. I'm not sure #2 would be worth it unless someone is 3 back or something but I like the idea of temping players also.

Lol, amen to that one. I'm trying to get on there through some friends at some point this year. I've played it twice for the US Four-Ball Qual a couple years ago but that's it.

Separate note: I just got an email yesterday that Nash made the Interclub playoffs. Looks like we get to play Glenwood Springs first. I just looked at the course and it looks like a 3000 yard 9 hole par 35. I'm already going to be in Grand Junction that weekend for the Rocky Mountain Open so I'll play the matches there on my way home. Looks like it's going to be an interesting one.

When I moved up here I lived next to the 8th hole (great little par 3) of the Glenwood course.

Course is tough for the length. It's parkland tree-lined and kind of narrow. Back-to-back par 3s (3 & 4) that play 1-3 clubs up hill dependent on tees and wind. #5 is a tough green to hold. Need to play for 5 yards short of the green and let it trickle on most days.

7 is a tough driving hole unless you lay way back. Then a hard semi-blind approach. Aim just right of any flag on that hole.

9 is a hard-draw 3w or driver from the tee and get it as close as possible on the first shot. Then stay right of the flag and below the hole from there.

Every putt breaks more toward the river than it seems when you first read it. Have to trust that on a few greens where it looks flat.

When I moved up here I lived next to the 8th hole (great little par 3) of the Glenwood course.

Course is tough for the length. It's parkland tree-lined and kind of narrow. Back-to-back par 3s (3 & 4) that play 1-3 clubs up hill dependent on tees and wind. #5 is a tough green to hold. Need to play for 5 yards short of the green and let it trickle on most days.

7 is a tough driving hole unless you lay way back. Then a hard semi-blind approach. Aim just right of any flag on that hole.

9 is a hard-draw 3w or driver from the tee and get it as close as possible on the first shot. Then stay right of the flag and below the hole from there.

Every putt breaks more toward the river than it seems when you first read it. Have to trust that on a few greens where it looks flat.

Thanks for the quick writeup. Of course, you're now aiding the enemy :busted_cop:

Ok, it's a 100 miles from primary residence. For me, that would put only Aspen Glen and Sonnenalp in my range. Ft. Collins CC is 90 miles. I'm glad my range is 50mi :)

If I were to say...sign up using my parent's address in Illinois...would I be able to get away with it? They don't like, check your driver's license or anything do they? Their address is even 100+ miles away from Chicago as well, so I could travel back home and still play some golf.

If I were to say...sign up using my parent's address in Illinois...would I be able to get away with it? They don't like, check your driver's license or anything do they? Their address is even 100+ miles away from Chicago as well, so I could travel back home and still play some golf.

I'd suggest sending a PM to IsleOfMan in the other thread to see what happened.

With all this talk of memberships....how often do you need to be able to play in order to make it worth it? As someone who only plays on weekends, I could never justify it....

I honestly have never kept track of what I spend on greens fees over the course of a season, but I imagine it is $1500 or less. The majority of my rounds are under $40 and probably only handful are over $60. And to be perfectly honest, who wants to pay $5000+ to play the same damn course all the time? Even if I had all the time and money in the world I don't think I would want to do that. I grew up in a small town that only had one 18 hole course in a 100 mile radius and I've probably played it 500+ times. I still love that course to this day, but I'll always take variety if given the option.

That is the thing I miss the most about the FRGC, was playing different courses for each event.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

With all this talk of memberships....how often do you need to be able to play in order to make it worth it? As someone who only plays on weekends, I could never justify it....

I honestly have never kept track of what I spend on greens fees over the course of a season, but I imagine it is $1500 or less. The majority of my rounds are under $40 and probably only handful are over $60. And to be perfectly honest, who wants to pay $5000+ to play the same damn course all the time? Even if I had all the time and money in the world I don't think I would want to do that. I grew up in a small town that only had one 18 hole course in a 100 mile radius and I've probably played it 500+ times. I still love that course to this day, but I'll always take variety if given the option.

That is the thing I miss the most about the FRGC, was playing different courses for each event.

Pretty easy for me. I pay $379/mo for unlimited with cart. At $60 (which my course is $75 on weekend mornings plus balls) with my wife playing with me that's just over 3 rounds of golf. Since I play at least 36 a weekend it's a lot cheaper than when I was just Golfnow-ing it four years ago, even when I only played weekends.

Plus now I can show up and play 3 holes if I want to, or spend 2 hours on the range. Maybe I'll go use our indoor facility in the winter. How about a private range, putting green and chipping green? Hell, I'm actually able to play weekend mornings now because I don't feel like I'm getting fleeced.

Sure it's one golf course but I know one thing.... I don't hit it where I'm aiming all the time so it's hard to get bored. Then when you add in cheap reciprocals it's even better.

The one thing at least at my club that was a big surprise was just how cool all the members are. It's one of those things you can't know unless you're signed up. My wife and I have developed some lasting friendships that I've found to be very surprising.

Speaking of, I'm pumped for our yearly couples glow golf tomorrow. It's the most fun s***-show of the year!

I have no place to talk, because I couldn't afford a membership anyway regardless, but the lack of diversity it something I'd really struggle with. So far, in 2017 alone, I've played 45 rounds of golf. Out of those 45 rounds, I've played 25 courses. I love variety. I love different layouts. I love exploring new courses.