2017 PXG LPGA Tour, new clubs

puresurfr

Looks like PXG has signed Lydia Ko and Brittany Lang and Sadena Parks and Ryann O'Toole......Interesting that everyone of them is playing the 0811X driver and a few are playing the 0341X fairway wood, in addition it seems most have opted for the PXG Sierra milled wedges. Do u think they will release these products in 2017 ? Or are they just signing "Sexy" ???

* seen 2ea 0811X drivers on the bay already but not exactly cheap.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news for PXG!

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I'd love to see PXG's balance sheet. If Parsons somehow ends up making money with this company.........it will be amazing.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

0811X will be released in a few months time. And I know they are considering to offer custom wedges, but they won't be cheap at all. Initial plan was to offer exactly what their pro could have, which is custom grind and bounce completely milled from a block of steel. My brother makes putter this way and it costs him a lot, so I can only imagine the complaints and the bashing in here once these custom wedges are announced.

I don't know why Parson's balance sheet and profits is of such a concern at all to any of us who is not involved in any way in the company. To me, if they roll out good products, I ride on it and be thankful. I don't know Bob himself and it looks like a lot of people does not like him. But I cannot judge the person until I know him personally. Public appearance and demeanor can be deceiving at times.

This is my personal opinion, though...

This is a very interesting move by PXG. I'll be intrigued to see the results. The company is definitely choosing the path less traveled when it comes to everything, but it seems to be working so far. Most golf companies will tell you "off the record" that LPGA players don't move product. PXG must know something everyone else doesn't. Good for them to want to include more female players on their staff. It's very admirable this day in age.

This is a very interesting move by PXG. I'll be intrigued to see the results. The company is definitely choosing the path less traveled when it comes to everything, but it seems to be working so far. Most golf companies will tell you "off the record" that LPGA players don't move product. PXG must know something everyone else doesn't. Good for them to want to include more female players on their staff. It's very admirable this day in age.

Try telling Callaway that Paige Spiranac who at this point isn't even "tour good" doesn't move golf clubs. She get's there name out their big time.

Try telling Taylormade that Natalie Gulbis didn't move clubs for them.

Try telling whoever signs Liz Elmassian isn't going to sell clubs for them.

See where I'm going here.

PXG's rationale was that the LPGA is an international league and PXG wants to expand overseas

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Try telling Callaway that Paige Spiranac who at this point isn't even "tour good" doesn't move golf clubs. She get's their name out their big time.

Had to look up your last example. At least she qualified for a US Amateur. Key word qualified compared to Paige S.

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Try telling Callaway that Paige Spiranac who at this point isn't even "tour good" doesn't move golf clubs. She get's their name out their big time.

I'll bite, even though the original poster said LPGA players, who buys Callaway clubs because Paige does?

It's called product placement and name recognition. And that sells clubs.

PXG's rationale was that the LPGA is an international league and PXG wants to expand overseas

I Believe that is why PXG is going after the LPGA and the Asian golf market is more boutique type brands like PXG.

I follow you. What I was looking for was a source or data that backs up your claim that Paige is one of those people that translates into retail execution, which is different than just brand awareness. Companies track that kind of data.

Heck, I'd be very impressed if some poster on Golf WRX admitted to buying Callaway clubs because Paige plays with them.

I follow you. What I was looking for was a source or data that backs up your claim that Paige is one of those people that translates into retail execution, which is different than just brand awareness. Companies track that kind of data.

Heck, I'd be very impressed if some poster on Golf WRX admitted to buying Callaway clubs because Paige plays with them.

Look back, was not me that claimed that. But does Stricker sell Titleist clubs? Did Daly sell any 84 lumber?

Look back, was not me that claimed that. But does Stricker sell Titleist clubs? Did Daly sell any 84 lumber?

Well, you asked. Now you shall receive.

http://www.people.hbs.edu/aelberse/publications/Elberse_Verleun_2012.pdf

http://rady.ucsd.edu/faculty/seminars/papers/derdenger_paper.pdf

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I'd love to see PXG's balance sheet. If Parsons somehow ends up making money with this company.........it will be amazing.

Lyds is apparently getting $10m over 5 years... It's more than her career earnings thus far which is somewhat surprising to me

Assuming straight lined over 5 years...therefore $2M.....I assume the $2m/yr might have some performance metrics.

e.g.) a season like 2016 = $2M

a season without a LPGA win = $1M

a season with 6 wins including 2 majors = $2.5+M

etc.

I know it was disclosed previously that Hyo Joo Kim has a nice endorsement with Lotte with some really attractive bonuses for majors and year end titles and awards, etc.

I think Wie kinda s*cked out the LPGA endorsement money and now OEM's might want to include more performance metrics in their contracts nowadays.

Yep...I think Parson is targeting the rich golf crazed consumers in Asia.

But why sign Lang, Christina Kim and O'Toole....I doubt many, if any Pac Rim golf fans care about these three.

I assume all three were signed up pretty cheap though.

Why not try wait to grab In Gee Chun, Inbee, NYC, So Yeon Ryu, Shanshan, Ai Miyazato, or other high profile Asian pros when their OEM contracts expire.

Lydia Ko showing all the new labels on the Golf Chanel today. Seems she is going to be wearing ECCO shoes and she isn't even on their website yet.

PXG now with Ko need to make the big Male signing but there just doesn't seem to be one out there yet.

Parson likes to throw around his money....but is maybe not dumb enough at this point to squander the multi millions required to bag one of the premier PGA pros.

I think PXG will be gone in 5-10 years...maybe sooner???????

Yep...I think Parson is targeting the rich golf crazed consumers in Asia.

But why sign Lang, Christina Kim and O'Toole....I doubt many, if any Pac Rim golf fans care about these three.

I assume all three were signed up pretty cheap though.

Why not try wait to grab In Gee Chun, Inbee, NYC, So Yeon Ryu, Shanshan, Ai Miyazato, or other high profile Asian pros when their OEM contracts expire.

Maybe he will. He got the #1 player in the world though. Give him some credit.

Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I'll bite, even though the original poster said LPGA players, who buys Callaway clubs because Paige does?

Nobody probably buys clubs because Paige does. She's just popular with a lot of social media followers right now. At this point she's a good looking girl airways wearing Callaway gear. It's all about getting your name out there. I'd imagine they aren't paying her much at this point so it's advertisement money well spent.

I think PXG's endorsement right from the start, and also Callaway now, is all about getting their brands out there. Anna Rawson has been a brand ambassador for PXG for quite a while now. I run businesses with a few big brand names and one of my marketing campaign is we select a few brand ambassador for each different segment and we blast our marketing campaign in the social media. Works wonder for us.

I am pretty sure PXG and Callaway has similar strategy. To me, when they start to have boutique in Korea and Japan (Callaway even has their own line for those markets), it shows that they are targeting Korean and Japanese more than the US. I believe PXG does not have a boutique shops in the US, let alone in one of the most prestigious and expensive mall in the country, located in the most expensive district in the region if not the world.

Let's face it, Korea and Japan has been the biggest golf market in terms of growth. And I am pretty sure China and India along with some Indochina countries will follow. The US market has been somewhat steady, if not in the decline. Some of these Asians do not buy a product because it is good. They buy it because it is expensive to show that they can afford it. Different mentality, different purpose.

Try telling Callaway that Paige Spiranac who at this point isn't even "tour good" doesn't move golf clubs. She get's there name out their big time.

I can see where you're going, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to follow......

I think PXG's endorsement right from the start, and also Callaway now, is all about getting their brands out there. Anna Rawson has been a brand ambassador for PXG for quite a while now. I run businesses with a few big brand names and one of my marketing campaign is we select a few brand ambassador for each different segment and we blast our marketing campaign in the social media. Works wonder for us.

I am pretty sure PXG and Callaway has similar strategy. To me, when they start to have boutique in Korea and Japan (Callaway even has their own line for those markets), it shows that they are targeting Korean and Japanese more than the US. I believe PXG does not have a boutique shops in the US, let alone in one of the most prestigious and expensive mall in the country, located in the most expensive district in the region if not the world.

Let's face it, Korea and Japan has been the biggest golf market in terms of growth. And I am pretty sure China and India along with some Indochina countries will follow. The US market has been somewhat steady, if not in the decline. Some of these Asians do not buy a product because it is good. They buy it because it is expensive to show that they can afford it. Different mentality, different purpose.

yea different market

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

I wonder what the odds are on Garry Matthews lasting the year.

I heard the PXG woods are pretty crap? Hopefully she gets her driving sorted out.

Fairway woods are ok, not bad. Hybrid is excellent. Current driver needs some time to dial. But once it's dialed in, it performs good too. Heard the new driver is actually better, but I have yet to try it.

Why the bet on Gary Matthews lasting a year?

Nobody probably buys clubs because Paige does. She's just popular with a lot of social media followers right now. At this point she's a good looking girl airways wearing Callaway gear. It's all about getting your name out there. I'd imagine they aren't paying her much at this point so it's advertisement money well spent.

precisely. no one is walking into golf galaxy and asking for 'the clubs Paige plays', but go on Instagram, twitter, or really any social media platform and her along with dozens of other good looking people (both men and women) are all pretty much decked out in Callaway. Its not even their own dedicated feeds, but sources like golf digest giving these people the spotlight. People can scoff all they want, but this does have an impact and creeps into some peoples mindset. The consumer in his 20's looking to upgrade sees Callaway being the clubs of 'fun/good looking people' will want to be part of that.

as for the PXG route of targeting the LPGA and more of an international market, its just smart business. you follow the money, and try to get a foot into markets where people don't turn their nose in disgust at a $3000 set of irons, or $800 driver. those prices seem insane in the US market, but are kinda par for the course in asia.

Well, you asked. Now you shall receive.

http://www.people.hb...erleun_2012.pdf

http://rady.ucsd.edu...enger_paper.pdf

Thanks-but the question is do the lower tier players sell clubs and balls or just name recognition?

From your second site-wow, just wow. And people thought Tiger did not matter and that Nike did not sell clubs and balls.

Using two different methodologies, reduced form and structural, we find that there are substantial celebrity endorsement effects. Our reduce form results predict an increase of approximately an additional 1,416,000 Nike golf balls sold each month when Tiger Woods was under a Nike endorsement contract. Furthermore, with the use of our structural model, we determine from 2000-2010, the Nike golf ball division reaped an additional profit of $103 million through an acquisition of 9.9 million sales (approximately 996,000 golf balls per month) from Tiger Woods’ endorsement effect. This result was not only from existing customers switching to Nike but also through a primary demand effect. Moreover, we determine that having Tiger Woods endorse a brand leads to a price premium of roughly 2.5%. As a result, approximately 57% of Nike’s investment of $181 million endorsement contract was recovered just in US golf ball sales alone.