2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Pure grips

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum. If this topic needs to be moved please let me know.

I need to regrip this season, and have looked at the Pure grips based on the ability to install with just an air compressor.

So i have a couple of questions.

1. Can o do this with other grips or is just Pure grips.

2. Does anyone have experience with pure grips?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played the last two seasons with pure grips and I wouldn't change them for the world. You can install any grip with an air compressor however, pure grips do not require solvent or double-sided tape.

Ping G410 Plus 9.0 Aldila Rogue Black 130MSI 70TX 44"
2017 Taylormade M2 Tour (16.5 degree) Aldila Tour Blue 80X
Mizuno Fli-Hi 3 iron Aldila Tour Blue 105TX
Taylormade RSI TP 4-PW PX 6.5 (+1/4”)
Maltby TSW 50, 54, and 60 wedges

"That right there was a sister-in-law shot... you're on top, it feels good, but you know you shouldn't be!"

- Random old guy in Texas

Only caveat is if you use a Game Golf device, the tags fall out of Pure grips like nobody's business in my experience. That's a bit of a deal breaker for me, but I've heard many great things about them.

Appreciate this insight. I currently do not have a game golf. However I had been thinking of picking one up.

I have played the last two seasons with pure grips and I wouldn't change them for the world. You can install any grip with an air compressor however, pure grips do not require solvent or double-sided tape.

Which version do you play?

Only caveat is if you use a Game Golf device, the tags fall out of Pure grips like nobody's business in my experience. That's a bit of a deal breaker for me, but I've heard many great things about them.

Appreciate this insight. I currently do not have a game golf. However I had been thinking of picking one up.

Which version do you play?

I currently play the Pure Pro Midsize with a unique tape job. I have tinkered so much with wraps of tape that the Pure grips have been a perfect fit. They last significantly longer than standard grips and play better in wet weather than any other grip I have tried.

Ping G410 Plus 9.0 Aldila Rogue Black 130MSI 70TX 44"
2017 Taylormade M2 Tour (16.5 degree) Aldila Tour Blue 80X
Mizuno Fli-Hi 3 iron Aldila Tour Blue 105TX
Taylormade RSI TP 4-PW PX 6.5 (+1/4”)
Maltby TSW 50, 54, and 60 wedges

"That right there was a sister-in-law shot... you're on top, it feels good, but you know you shouldn't be!"

- Random old guy in Texas

I've played the Pure Pros a few times and love their shape and feel. They were really good for me except in the dead of summer when it hot and humid. The grips were a little slippery for my liking.

Also, I prefer a firm butt cap. The Pure Pro grips I was using have a rather soft/flimsy butt cap (when compared to the a standard grip like a Tour Velvet) that seems to hang over about 1/4". I don't care for that.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I am on my second season using the Pure grips. By far my favorite grip. I like the feel and the tackiness. They clean very easily with soap and water and the easy installation makes them a tinkerers dream. They stretch easily to make them skinnier if needed and can be built up with plain old masking tape when you need a larger grip.

I've played the Pure Pros a few times and love their shape and feel. They were really good for me except in the dead of summer when it hot and humid. The grips were a little slippery for my liking.

Also, I prefer a firm butt cap. The Pure Pro grips I was using have a rather soft/flimsy butt cap (when compared to the a standard grip like a Tour Velvet) that seems to hang over about 1/4". I don't care for that.

Hot Rod - I'm a tour velvet guy. Is the Pro Pure grips version of the velvet?

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Basically

PXG Bat Attack H

Basically

thanks!

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Absolutely. I've lost quite a few tags since playing Pure Grips.

However, I use a little bit of silicone gel under the tag now. Almost acts like a glue and my tags don't fall out any more.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I have 15-20 Pure Pro standard grips with 5 or 6 rounds on them. If anyone is looking for some in great used condition at an affordable price, PM me.

PXG Bat Attack H

Love my Pure p2 wraps. They do get super slick in the rain. My solution is to not play in the rain. Pretty easy.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5

Couldn't you just install the Game Golf tags with a small bit of Goop or other silicone adhesive that would hold them in place but be easily twisted off if you wanted to remove it? I'm planning on doing this with my Golfpad Golf Tags just for a bit of extra security.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Couldn't you just install the Game Golf tags with a small bit of Goop or other silicone adhesive that would hold them in place but be easily twisted off if you wanted to remove it? I'm planning on doing this with my Golfpad Golf Tags just for a bit of extra security.

That's exactly what I do. Works perfectly so far.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I've been playing PURE for at least 4 or 5 years now. Dead of summer, humid swamp golf, never had issues with clubs slipping in my hands. And I don't use a glove. I play the Pro model. Easy peazy on and off with my compressor. For sure a bit of adhesive will keep any device thingy in place.

Can't say for slippage in rain, I'm fully fair weather. Rain means I'm staying in the clubhouse nursing a cold 16oz and a few of their brothers....

Callaway 816 DBD - Mitsubishi MMT 70
PXG 0341X 3W - HZRDUS Yellow Hand Crafted
Callaway Epic SZ 5W - Aldila Tour Blue
Honma TW747V 4-10 - Accra 80i
Corey Paul Raw 50*

Vega VW-06 54*

Scratch 58*
Tour Cameron NP2

Love the Pure DTX. I always played cord grips before and to me the DTX feels similar.

Taylormade  M Gloire Driver JDM 11.5*  - Speeder Evolution SR

Taylormade  M Gloire Fairway JDM 15* - Speeder Evolution SR

Daiwa ONOFF ARMS AKA Fairway JDM 21* - Daiwa MP-520F SR

Taylormade  Gloire U4 Utility Iron JDM 20* - Nippon 950GH S

Callaway  Epic Max Fast Forged JDM 7 - AW - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Max Star JDM GW 48* - Nippon 950GH Neo S

Callaway  Epic Forged Star JDM SW 55* - Nippon 950GH S

Mizuno  Tour Chipper 25*

Kasco  Red 9/9 Model 18 JDM Putter 

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list of DTX users. I initially purchased some Pros, but seller accidentally sent me DTX. Rather than send back I gave them a chance and glad I did. Unique texture took some getting used to, but after a range session I grew accustomed. Haven't tried them in wet / humid conditions, so I cannot comment on that, but they feel better in colder weather than the Lamkin UTX I had previously.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

• 2 months later...

Changed to Pure Pro last summer. Here in S FL it gets very steamy in the summer time. I can't tell you how much confidence I have to take a full swing & know that the club is secure in my hands.

Loved them so much that I bought all I could while the 2 Golfsmith stores were going out of biz here. Think I have close to 30 that I paid less than $2 per grip.

Cobra Speedzone 9° / Tensei White CK 60 cut to 44" Weight back
Cobra 14.5° Ltd
Ping G 3h 19* / Alta Stiff
Callaway CF-16 Apex 4i-PW / Recoil ES 780 F4
Honma TW4 50°, 54°, 58°
Evnroll ER1 33" w/ Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0
Srixon ZStar Yellow

I use the PURE Jumbo's. I play all over, including a lot in central Florida during the summer and never had an issue with them slipping, rain or shine. I also use some Tacki-mac oversized non-tapered serrated grips as well. Biggest issue for both is my arthritic hands sometimes loses control of the club (usually my right) and then i don't have any hold on the club at all.

Hoping Pure comes out with a non-tapered grip sometime. i don't like putting 6-8 wraps or more under the bottom of my grips to get the bottom size the same as the top. I really prefer having it non-taperd.

But PURE do last a long time and do feel very soft (softer than the tacki-macs but the tacki-macs are way better in rain).

Probably only have 150 rounds on some of my Pure grips and they're still good. I do check them several times a year. With some of the other brands, i would only get 30-40 rounds before significant noticeable wear and I'd end up changing grips 4-6 times per year. Tacki-macs last about 150-200 rounds on average. Pure are still going since i put them on.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old but I want to add that my experience with the Pure Jumbo wrap grips has been great. Easy to install and they grip great for me, even when wet. I do clean the grips frequently which helps. They last much longer than previous grips I have used.

I was at a big golf store in Orlando last summer and they had stopped selling the Pure grips, supposedly because they did not sell well. I think they dropped them because they last so much longer it cut into their grip business.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at a big golf store in Orlando last summer and they had stopped selling the Pure grips, supposedly because they did not sell well. I think they dropped them because they last so much longer it cut into their grip business.

I know the store you are talking about and they did stop selling them as I bought them there a few times. I really liked the Pure grips and their versatility. I just switched to leather grips and am even more impressed. They went on easily with air are super tacky (like to play without a glove) and from a durability standpoint should last 3 seasons which will more than make up for their cost given I regrip every year and buy 6 high quality gloves a year. Just not having to buy gloves will pay for them.