New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

The Mevo algorithm must be shot to get these results. Just putting in bs and spin into fs optimiser even with a launch as low as 6, you'd still get 240 carry. Not sure what going on here but your key measurements are bs, spin and launch and not sure why your algorithm would work different outside to indoors

Will be interested to see what others experience OUTDOORS. Friend who has had his for 5 days now was absolutely thrilled with it indoors off mats. Outdoors not so much. He set it up 3'6" (calibrated to length of mat just guess from where tee is), same level as mat, gunsight lined up on tee. Average 5 drives (he is 78 but still quite flexible). Trackman Results SS 100 mph, Ball Speed 150 mph, Spin 3510 rpm, Carry Distance 234 yards. MEVO results SS 103 mph, Ball Speed 153 mph, Spin 3600 rpm, Carry Distance 201 yards. He said they set the Trackman to give similar measurements. They were double checking their yardages as the range was refurbished recently. So they had a guy with a reflective stick marking where the ball hit. Guy was fairly accurate so the stick guy didn't have to run all over the place. The five drives the carry distance was 226 to 248 average 234 from Trackman and laser to stick in agreement + - 2 yards.. The MEVO the drives were 187 to 210 average 201. Had everyone scratching their heads on the carry distance. Wanted to try my Skytrak for comparison but this range uses yellow balls which is a no no for skytrak. So he has gone from thrilled indoors to accepting it may have shortcomings outdoors..

Wondering what the camera/telescope screw socket on the bottom is for? Pro who used to work in electronics industry said it looks well assembled except for the cheap wake up button switch which is not sealed against moisture. Just don't get it rained on I guess..

Yeah I just tried on the website. To get that big of a difference with all the other numbers being the same you would need a pop up essentially. Seems like the number crunching is off it's measuring that closely. To be honest I would consider those good results. The mesurables being that close is awesome. Bad math is just a software update.

The Mevo algorithm must be shot to get these results. Just putting in bs and spin into fs optimiser even with a launch as low as 6, you'd still get 240 carry. Not sure what going on here but your key measurements are bs, spin and launch and not sure why your algorithm would work different outside to indoors

Will be interested to see what others experience OUTDOORS. Friend who has had his for 5 days now was absolutely thrilled with it indoors off mats. Outdoors not so much. He set it up 3'6" (calibrated to length of mat just guess from where tee is), same level as mat, gunsight lined up on tee. Average 5 drives (he is 78 but still quite flexible). Trackman Results SS 100 mph, Ball Speed 150 mph, Spin 3510 rpm, Carry Distance 234 yards. MEVO results SS 103 mph, Ball Speed 153 mph, Spin 3600 rpm, Carry Distance 201 yards. He said they set the Trackman to give similar measurements. They were double checking their yardages as the range was refurbished recently. So they had a guy with a reflective stick marking where the ball hit. Guy was fairly accurate so the stick guy didn't have to run all over the place. The five drives the carry distance was 226 to 248 average 234 from Trackman and laser to stick in agreement + - 2 yards.. The MEVO the drives were 187 to 210 average 201. Had everyone scratching their heads on the carry distance. Wanted to try my Skytrak for comparison but this range uses yellow balls which is a no no for skytrak. So he has gone from thrilled indoors to accepting it may have shortcomings outdoors..

Wondering what the camera/telescope screw socket on the bottom is for? Pro who used to work in electronics industry said it looks well assembled except for the cheap wake up button switch which is not sealed against moisture. Just don't get it rained on I guess..

Yeah I just tried on the website. To get that big of a difference with all the other numbers being the same you would need a pop up essentially. Seems like the number crunching is off it's measuring that closely. To be honest I would consider those good results. The mesurables being that close is awesome. Bad math is just a software update.

The numbers I've put in from my mevo to the online trajectory optimizer are pretty spot on, and total distance is pretty close to the distance I see on the course.

They used the metal dots indoors for the comparison to Trackman. Outdoors they did not use dots as the range owner said no. I will see if he still has the indoor numbers that agreed. The problem outdoors was Trackman pretty much agreed on the carry distance as checked by the laser and the spotter with the reflective stick. Both of the fitting Pros said the same thing was it sounded like it was a pop up calculation, which it wasn't as everyone saw it fly 240 not 217 (one of the individual numbers). Was overcast after a rain, but doubt that had any impact..

My Skytrak is virtually identical to the Trackman I got to use. Nice thing is you don't have to put it a certain distance and aim it. Just put the ball or tee where the laser dot is on the mat. It like the MEVO is smaller than I thought it would be.. Two negatives however are very sensitive to being level and won't work with yellow balls.. Thankfully only one range around me uses yellow balls..

They used the metal dots indoors for the comparison to Trackman. Outdoors they did not use dots as the range owner said no. I will see if he still has the indoor numbers that agreed. The problem outdoors was Trackman pretty much agreed on the carry distance as checked by the laser and the spotter with the reflective stick. Both of the fitting Pros said the same thing was it sounded like it was a pop up calculation, which it wasn't as everyone saw it fly 240 not 217 (one of the individual numbers). Was overcast after a rain, but doubt that had any impact..

My Skytrak is virtually identical to the Trackman I got to use. Nice thing is you don't have to put it a certain distance and aim it. Just put the ball or tee where the laser dot is on the mat. It like the MEVO is smaller than I thought it would be.. Two negatives however are very sensitive to being level and won't work with yellow balls.. Thankfully only one range around me uses yellow balls..

Using the metal dots is a requirement. These results should not be surprising but might be disappointing to some who wanted to use it at the range.

Using the metal dots is a requirement. These results should not be surprising but might be disappointing to some who wanted to use it at the range.

Not sure about hitting into a net, but I didn't need the metal dots on any of my range balls or the ball I used on the course last week. I had a couple mis-reads, but the rest were pretty spot on.

Mine is going back. Its seriously is a pile of crap and Im seriously pissed off. Will not pickup any driver or 3 woods. Irons are all over the place and over 50% of the shots dont read. I played around with all the settings and moved it around the back of my mat it multiple placements. Freaking dud and dont waste your money. I will answer any questions you guys have. Here some pics of my setup.

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Mine is going back. Its seriously is a pile of crap and Im seriously pissed off. Will not pickup any driver or 3 woods. Irons are all over the place and over 50% of the shots dont read. I played around with all the settings and moved it around the back of my mat it multiple placements. Freaking dud and dont waste your money. I will answer any questions you guys have. Here some pics of my setup.

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

The Mevo was not at the same level as the mat you hit from. Try it again with the Mevo raised to the mat level.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

IMG_4447.jpg

The Mevo was not at the same level as the mat you hit from. Try it again with the Mevo raised to the mat level.

Also, if the mat is 3' wide, the MEVO looks too close. Should be back about a foot, and the app calibrated appropriately (3'-6') depending on actual measure.

The manual warns about "noise" interference from electronics. I've set up my MEVO twice now, and both times kept my iPhone behind the unit. It looks like you have your iPhone and another smartphone near the impact spot, which I believe would be in tracking range of the radar.

I tried close to the mat, I tried 6' from the mat, up on a box that would make it the same level. The Mat is a 4x5 CCE. I had a few 7 irons that kept saying error. I fully charged it at work and followed everything to a tee. When it does read a shot its about a 3 second delay from when you hit the ball until it displays. With the voice turned on it keeps saying ready, ready, ready. I didnt try it with the text to speech off. I open for any suggestions!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

It seriously cant be this off. It never picked up a single driver but was picking up the PW-8 iron about 80% of the time. Im really dumbfounded. Maybe I will try it with the ipad behind it.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Games. Do you feel like yours is not missing shots and is accurate when you set it up properly?

Yes I do. The setup is key. You have 1/8" channel on top of the unit acting as an aiming guide for the center of a 1.68" sphere that is 4 feet away. Also, not helping, is the app comes preset to be five feet from the ball, but instructions say to set the unit four feet.

My guess: have as much flight to the net as your space and "tolerance for lateral dispersion" will allow.

It seriously cant be this off. It never picked up a single driver but was picking up the PW-8 iron about 80% of the time. Im really dumbfounded. Maybe I will try it with the ipad behind it.

Also make sure there is a minimum of 8 feet between the tee location and the net. It is hard to tell from the picture but the net appears it might be too close.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

For the driver, how far back from the net did you try? Also, do you have an idea of what your normal ball speed is? Just doing some quick math would mean these guys would have to sample the doppler at a very fast rate. A ball traveling 150mph goes 6 feet in less than 30 milliseconds. If you swing and ball speed are higher you may have to move farther back from the net to get good readings.

Just tried moving the net further away and the Mevo further back and no luck. I even went out into the yard to hit iron shots and the Mevo just doesn't register. Ughh, Im ready to helicopter the Mevo into the night!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Just tried moving the net further away and the Mevo further back and no luck. I even went out into the yard to hit iron shots and the Mevo just doesn't register. Ughh, Im ready to helicopter the Mevo into the night!

It's probably not the right fit for you.

WTF?

Yeah Hondabuff, sounds like you're trying the X-Stiff Mevo, but you're really only a stiff. Not fit for you.

Even the SC200 wasnt this finicky with its setup. Just toss it behind the mat and start firing away.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Even the SC200 wasnt this finicky with its setup. Just toss it behind the mat and start firing away.

I really hope you have faulty hardware. I'm guessing they didn't test every single unit. Are you planning to contact them tomorrow?

I really hope you have faulty hardware. I'm guessing they didn't test every single unit. Are you planning to contact them tomorrow?

Im going to contact them in the morning and see if I can exchange it. I like everything about it except "you know" it doesn't work. This seems like a hardware problem.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Could just be your mevo in general, I had the Sc200 and it wouldnt pick up anything, turned out it was just that particular sc200 that I had that was a dud.

I would contact Flightscope for either a different mevo, or a refund.

Thats just my .02.

Im going to contact them in the morning and see if I can exchange it. I like everything about it except "you know" it doesn't work. This seems like a hardware problem.

Hey Honda, what's up? You bought the Mevo Flightscope? How is it???

Its been a long journey to say the least.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Sorry for the delay as I have been traveling. I got my Mevo last friday. I have tested off grass and off the net and mat at my house. I played a few 9 hole rounds with it. I have tested it on my galaxy s8 and iphone 7.

I found on a mat I had to raise it to be level with the mat. There was no question with that, as soon as it was level it took all irons and woods perfectly. I did have an issue on the range (grass) that it wasn't exactly behind after a few shots. It would say connected but not ready on the top right. I realized over trial and error that it was the grass divots on iron and wedge shots. As I moved the ball to not be in a divot or trying to get a better lie, it wasn't behind it. Anywhere from 3-6 feet was almost perfect, with every shot.

The only time I had issues was when the mat at my house was not level and when on the grass it wasn't behind it. Both galaxy s8 and iphone 7 worked the same. I will say that I can't back up from one device and restore to another. I am guessing it is the OS.

I also had a few mini tour guys hit shots on it. They know their numbers and it was dead on.

I have not used any metallic dots yet. I will try to post some screen shots. Sorry again, I have been traveling. I have it with me now on the road and am playing tomorrow. I'll see how ti goes.

This is truly worth the money and I feel bad for anyone that is having issues. I would pay $1500 for this, just for the compact size and accuracy alone.

Can someone try theirs with the text to speech on and see if the unit starts mis-reading?

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6