2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Please post reviews if you actually own a Mevo please. We dont need second hand information.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I'll pass that along to him. He is not an expert by any means, but noticed the spin as being off on all shots..I only recalled 1 piece of data. Yes he was talking carry yards. He did mention launch angle but I didn't pay attention to that data. The odd thing was how close the SC200 was (which has gotten bad comments on woods) in carry distance. He did mention one other piece of data. Seems flightscope sells three levels of memberships $12-$50 a year probably to store data/videos.. Hopefully the basics are free..

I am surprised that with all the interest there haven't been actual reviews by owners. I apologize for giving second hand data. Feel free to take it down. With all the original 100 not getting theirs I was surprised that my friend got his as he ordered quite late and had a high number

I'll pass that along to him. He is not an expert by any means, but noticed the spin as being off on all shots..I only recalled 1 piece of data. Yes he was talking carry yards. He did mention launch angle but I didn't pay attention to that data. The odd thing was how close the SC200 was (which has gotten bad comments on woods) in carry distance. He did mention one other piece of data. Seems flightscope sells three levels of memberships $12-$50 a year probably to store data/videos.. Hopefully the basics are free..

I am surprised that with all the interest there haven't been actual reviews by owners. I apologize for giving second hand data. Feel free to take it down. With all the original 100 not getting theirs I was surprised that my friend got his as he ordered quite late and had a high number

I am no expert as well but like to learn. Anyway, I am back to playing around with flightscope.com/products/trajectory-optimizer/. If you go to blog.trackmangolf.com/2017-pga-lpga-tour-avg/ you can get some good baseline data to mess around with.

And take for instance, an LPGA 7-iron.

104 mph, 19*, 6699 rpm's, 141 yards carry.

Flightscope calculates 145.1 carry at altitude 600 feet.

Take an LPGA driver:

140 mph, 13.2*, 2611, 218 carry.

Flightscope calculates 234.5 carry at altitude 600 feet.

Trackman vs Flightscope difference? 16.5 yards.

These trackman averages are also realtime measured carry yards, downwind, headwind, rain, etc. - whatever the conditions were at the time. Flightscope Mevo is giving you control over altitude only (which doesn't have much of an effect to begin with: jump to 1600 ft elevation, 236.6 yards. 0 ft elevation is 233.0 yards.) and then assumes zero wind and a flat landing area at the same elevation as the hitting area.

Now, let's go back to Flightscope LPGA average driver at a carry yardage of 234.5 yards.

I chose LPGA because they swing more like average guys and young HS kids.

The lowest you can set spin to is 1,000 rpm's. Carry distance at that rate? 231.6 yards. 2.9 yard variance.

What about 3,500 rpm's? 228.9 yards. 5.6 yard variance.

What about 4,000 rpm's? 225.1 yards. 9.4 yard variance.

Mevo could be off on spin A LOT and still give reasonably accurate carry yardage as long as the other measured parameters are valid.

You could take the LPGA driver launch angle, drop it to 10*, raise it to 20* and it only changes the carry yardage +/- five to seven yards.

This is why I stated, I am having difficulty figuring out where a 20 yard difference is between mevo and a trackman which may not have been set to "normalized" conditions to compare true apples to apples.

We appreciate your second hand lack of first-hand recollection. Surely, we will be more enlightened by the first-hand accounts received over the next several days. Thanks for your stories masquerading as second-hand BS.... LMFAO.

We appreciate your second hand lack of first-hand recollection. Surely, we will be more enlightened by the first-hand accounts received over the next several days. Thanks for your stories masquerading as second-hand BS.... LMFAO.

I think some people are a little unhappy with the earliest reviews, secondhand or not. Personally, I like hearing all the reviews, and I'll choose for myself which ones to take into account in my decision. So far, I'm pretty glad I've stayed on the sidelines.

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

It's too early to really know anything as it's only been a day for people to have theirs. Mine is arriving tomorrow and I'm taking it to the range/course with me. I'll have a much better idea if my thoughts after the weekend. Don't expect a full review from me until I get a full week or so with it.

I have a lesson with my coach on Wednesday and we're going to use it. I have an indoor trackman session scheduled for next Friday. My club fitter wants to see this thing in action as well.

I'll post a full review after that. Initial thoughts will leak out though.

It's too early to really know anything as it's only been a day for people to have theirs. Mine is arriving tomorrow and I'm taking it to the range/course with me. I'll have a much better idea if my thoughts after the weekend. Don't expect a full review from me until I get a full week or so with it.

I have a lesson with my coach on Wednesday and we're going to use it. I have an indoor trackman session scheduled for next Friday. My club fitter wants to see this thing in action as well.

Please ask if they can go into trackman settings and switch it to normalized mode.

An apples to apples comparison. If I am able to get in and do a trackman session I will ask the same and try to report back here.

blog.trackmangolf.com/normalization-feature-explained/

"Trackman measures every shot's actual trajectory from launch until landing; whereas, Normalization provides information on the trajectory assuming calm conditions at any altitude and temperature input by the user."

"Normalization tells you what would have happened if there was no wind at a certain altitude and temperature."

Please ask if they can go into trackman settings and switch it to normalized mode.

An apples to apples comparison. If I am able to get in and do a trackman session I will ask the same and try to report back here.

blog.trackmangolf.com/normalization-feature-explained/

"Trackman measures every shot's actual trajectory from launch until landing; whereas, Normalization provides information on the trajectory assuming calm conditions at any altitude and temperature input by the user."

"Normalization tells you what would have happened if there was no wind at a certain altitude and temperature."

My club fitter's trackman is indoors so the data *should* be normalized already. I'll make sure though.

Got mine today. Took it to the garage indoor mode tonight with silver stickers. 8 iron awesome. Also tried range balls np stickers and found similar results. 3h seemed pretty close as well to what i would expect. Did not pick up thin hybrids. As for driver i became frustrated because it did not pick up many. Maybe every 1 of 5. The mevo was 4 feet behind the mat and i kept trying to move back from the net up to maybe 8 feet. How far back can I go?! Will try outdoors tomorrow. I'm beat.

I was about to order one then I hear no functional Android app. The issues with this launch never seem to end.

If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they actually want the android app to work too. Just sayin. I do understand the disappointment though. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I'm sure FS wants that too.

Considering Android users pretty much double iOS users now

Too bad it's fragmented to the degree that something that has twice the ownership is always second fiddle.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

"If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they actually want the android app to work too. Just sayin. I do understand the disappointment though. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I'm sure FS wants that too."

Youd be an idiot to alienate Android users. of course they want the app to work. There are more android users than ios globally. Limiting yourself to just ios is suicide.

"If I had to put money on it, I'd bet they actually want the android app to work too. Just sayin. I do understand the disappointment though. Hopefully it gets fixed quickly. I'm sure FS wants that too."

Youd be an idiot to alienate Android users. of course they want the app to work. There are more android users than ios globally. Limiting yourself to just ios is suicide.

Precisely. As mentioned before, I'm pretty sure they get "it". For someone to imply they would like to, or are intentionally trying to lose sales from Android customers is a little nutty imo. But if somebody really felt the company was not going to support its own product, by working as quickly as it can to fix app bugs, why buy it in the first place? Nobody is stopping somebody from cancelling or returning it. To each their own.

That 3 day return policy really blows if the Mevo is sub par. Can you really put a honest assessment on a product on that short amount of time? Since I have owned a SC100/200 and a ES12 I have a pretty good idea of what to expect out of a LM. Each one had pros and cons and I can say most of them are 60/40 in favor of the cons. My tracking shows Monday so I will be reading the reviews coming in over the weekend.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Android user outnumber iphone users, their put more effort into the wrong software

Just because there are more Android phones on planet Earth does not mean Android users outnumber iPhone users. I have never seen a golf pro holding anything but an iPhone when capturing video at a driving range, for instance. I bet who ever they were targeting are primarily iPhone/iOS users.

Android user outnumber iphone users, their put more effort into the wrong software

Just because there are more Android phones on planet Earth does not mean Android users outnumber iPhone users. I have never seen a golf pro holding anything but an iPhone when capturing video at a driving range, for instance. I bet who ever they were targeting are primarily iPhone/iOS users.

You are completely missing the point. When you sell an item you want the largest target demographic possible.

You are completely missing the point. When you sell an item you want the largest target demographic possible.

I'm saying they probably did their research and did just that--sold to the largest market segment. Most with the money to spend on this device or want this device for fittings have an iPhone or access to an iPad.

Also, it's WAY easier to make a great user experience when you have some control over the hardware. Of all of the things to flame them over with this release, focusing on the crappy Android app seems misplaced--I don't blame them one bit for focusing on iOS first.

It's like selling a tampon. 49% of the world is eliminated as potential customer

I'm saying they probably did their research and did just that--sold to the largest market segment. Most with the money to spend on this device or want this device for fittings have an iPhone or access to an iPad.

Also, it's WAY easier to make a great user experience when you have some control over the hardware. Of all of the things to flame them over with this release, focusing on the crappy Android app seems misplaced--I don't blame them one bit for focusing on iOS first.

No offense, but this is exactly not how to run a business. I've developed an Android and iOS app, Android is much simpler and user friendly. iOS emphasizes looks over substance. If they did their homework then they'd realize iOS is not king. There are golfers outside the US. I know of a specific little island in the pacific that love spending money on golf, they love their electronic gadgets and iOS certainly does not dominate there,

No offense, but this is exactly not how to run a business. I've developed an Android and iOS app, Android is much simpler and user friendly. iOS emphasizes looks over substance.

Well if you're right that Mevo Android users greatly outnumber iOS users and the Android app is junk, you'll be getting frequent updates to fix your issue. My guess is you're wrong about the user split on this but hey, you've developed an Android app, who am I to question you?

No offense, but this is exactly not how to run a business. I've developed an Android and iOS app, Android is much simpler and user friendly. iOS emphasizes looks over substance. If they did their homework then they'd realize iOS is not king. There are golfers outside the US. I know of a specific little island in the pacific that love spending money on golf, they love their electronic gadgets and iOS certainly does not dominate there,

Enough with the app talk . The easiest thing to

Fix is app issues with an update . What I wanna see is posts on accuracy of the Mevo

Not an argument of which phone has larger sales worldwide .