New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

It's seems like gc2 is probably a better standard to compare against. This thing is sounding like it's sensitive to placement. I can't imagine competing against another device (trackman or x2) for the best alignment behind the ball helps with the results. Plus no need to change ball settings or worry about the wind if you test against a camera based system.

Anybody with one want to carry it into a roger Dunn or golfsmith haha.

It's seems like gc2 is probably a better standard to compare against. This thing is sounding like it's sensitive to placement. I can't imagine competing against another device (trackman or x2) for the best alignment behind the ball helps with the results. Plus no need to change ball settings or worry about the wind if you test against a camera based system.

Anybody with one want to carry it into a roger Dunn or golfsmith haha.

I've spoken to guy who owns a gc2 and an Xi tour, x3 on the way. Here's what he told me about mevo and gc2 after his initial testing against gc2:

"Mevo vs GC2.

1) Mevo gives consistently better numbers across the board. From actual carry, clubhead speed, spin etc with....."

He mentioned no issues with placement sensitivity.

For me I will be most interested in side by side comparisons with a trackman, xi tour, etc (Doppler systems" that are set to "normalized" carry yardages. Closer to apple's to apple's vs Doppler to photometric imo.

The one thing that would be the same with gc2 however is that like mevo, it is calculating normalized carry data rather than measuring full flight carry. You can just as easily do that with trackman and x series monitors in their software settings.

When you use the x series indoors it uses the fs algorithm

You can also normalise it outside and it uses this same algorithm

I was just curious if the Mevo was the same algorithm

The thing with TM, gc2 and fs is that they're all pretty much exactly the same for the 3 key components : ballspeed, spin and launch. Gc2 HMT measure clubhead speed higher cos it measures it at different point to TM and fs and hence smash is lower

From what people have seen is the algorithm the same as the optimiser as it is for the Flightscope x series

The x series MEASURES full ball flight. So, very much like the annually published trackman PGA and LPGA tour averages - THAT data will reflect atmospheric conditions (wind, temp, etc) and actual, not NORMALIZED (like the optimizer and Mevo) carry.

IMO, the FS Optimizer, like the Mevo, will give you normalized carry data, after the ball data is MEASURED, the carry yardage is then CALCULATED, it does not care where the ball lands as it is not measuring full flight.

The only way to fully answer your question (not trying to be snarky) is a) get the answer straight from FS or b) have someone with an X series FS go into Normalized Mode and do a side by side with Mevo AND share the findings with you.

I think it's important that when people draw conclusions about Mevo, that they understand the difference between Normalized carry vs Actual/Measured carry BEFORE getting bent out of shape if the Mevo carry data is what they (not you or anyone in particular) deem to be unsatisfactory in the mind of the critic.

If someone is doing a side by side comparison with Mevo and a full flight measurement device which a) isn't switched into Normalized Mode and b) there are external conditions (I.e. Wind) present -

...the carry yardages are definitely going to be different as Mevo is not measuring full flight but simply telling you what would have happened if there was no wind.

If you read Trackman blogs about normalized carry data, they explain why normalized carry data is useful to the golfer and why the setting exists.

From what people have seen is the algorithm the same as the optimiser as it is for the Flightscope x series

The x series MEASURES full ball flight. So, very much like the annually published trackman PGA and LPGA tour averages - THAT data will reflect atmospheric conditions (wind, temp, etc) and actual, not NORMALIZED (like the optimizer and Mevo) carry.

IMO, the FS Optimizer, like the Mevo, will give you normalized carry data, after the ball data is MEASURED, the carry yardage is then CALCULATED, it does not care where the ball lands as it is not measuring full flight.

The only way to fully answer your question (not trying to be snarky) is a) get the answer straight from FS or b) have someone with an X series FS go into Normalized Mode and do a side by side with Mevo AND share the findings with you.

I think it's important that when people draw conclusions about Mevo, that they understand the difference between Normalized carry vs Actual/Measured carry BEFORE getting bent out of shape if the Mevo carry data is what they (not you or anyone in particular) deem to be unsatisfactory in the mind of the critic.

If someone is doing a side by side comparison with Mevo and a full flight measurement device which a) isn't switched into Normalized Mode and b) there are external conditions (I.e. Wind) present -

...the carry yardages are definitely going to be different as Mevo is not measuring full flight but simply telling you what would have happened if there was no wind.

If you read Trackman blogs about normalized carry data, they explain why normalized carry data is useful to the golfer and why the setting exists.

I'd go right to the source on that one for an official answer but obviously you could just take the ball data from one or both devices (Xi set to normalized) and run it through the optimizer algorithm to see if carry is the same?

Yeah thanks, was wondering if anyone had done this

I'd go right to the source on that one for an official answer but obviously you could just take the ball data from one or both devices (Xi set to normalized) and run it through the optimizer algorithm to see if carry is the same?

Tracking shows my Mevo will be in today. I will post some pictures and if the rain holds off I will get some videos of hitting into the net while the iPhone is connected to the TV. I played twice this weekend and noted all my yardages with the Laser.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Anyone try the Text to Voice feature? Hoping its not the creepy lady robot from the ES12.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Tracking shows my Mevo will be in today. I will post some pictures and if the rain holds off I will get some videos of hitting into the net while the iPhone is connected to the TV. I played twice this weekend and noted all my yardages with the Laser.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your review, as this is how I would plan on using it. Can you note your distance from tee to net and how well it works for the driver?

Just picked up my Mevo. First impressions is that the packaging is professional looking an looks like an iPhone packaging. Took the Mevo and first thing you notice is the heft. Just like a good quality laser range finder feel. Its definitely not cheap plastic like the ES models and the metal stand is a nice chunk of aluminum that the stand is attached to. Protective bag is a waste, might be good for cleaning your sunglasses more then protecting your Mevo. I purchased a Pelican case for $30 since this is a $500 instrument. Opened up the App and hit the wake button and the Mevo linked within 10 seconds. My Bluetooth showed Mevo 001067 then quickly went away. Instructions are well written and the unit comes with a small pouch of metallic stickers. Overall I feel like I purchased a high quality product and will post some videos tonight when I get to play with it. Here some interesting specs in the manual. The vertical beam is fairly narrow so I can see the unit must be at the exact height.

Transciever Specs

24.125 Ghz

Output 14dBm

Antenna Beam 35* Vertical and 80* horizontal

Antenna Gain 20dBi

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Just picked up my Mevo. First impressions is that the packaging is professional looking an looks like an iPhone packaging. Took the Mevo and first thing you notice is the heft. Just like a good quality laser range finder feel. Its definitely not cheap plastic like the ES models and the metal stand is a nice chunk of aluminum that the stand is attached to. Protective bag is a waste, might be good for cleaning your sunglasses more then protecting your Mevo. I purchased a Pelican case for $30 since this is a $500 instrument. Opened up the App and hit the wake button and the Mevo linked within 10 seconds. My Bluetooth showed Mevo 001067 then quickly went away. Instructions are well written and the unit comes with a small pouch of metallic stickers. Overall I feel like I purchased a high quality product and will post some videos tonight when I get to play with it. Here some interesting specs in the manual. The vertical beam is fairly narrow so I can see the unit must be at the exact height.

Transciever Specs

24.125 Ghz

Output 14dBm

Antenna Gain 20dBi

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

Looking forward to see your videos and hear your feedback. Will you be testing the device at the range, if yes on a mat or on real grass? Thanks!

I will be testing first at the House off a Country Club Elite Mat and Rukkett Net. Some interesting things to note while reading the manual. The Radar goes idle if there is no action going on. Status light goes green while idle and red while armed. Also to shut the unit off you just close the app and 1 minute later the unit shuts off. Radar beam is in direct line of the sights on top the unit and has a 30* beam pattern and extends out 23 feet.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I will be testing first at the House off a Country Club Elite Mat and Rukkett Net. Some interesting things to note while reading the manual. The Radar goes idle if there is no action going on. Status light goes green while idle and red while armed. Also to shut the unit off you just close the app and 1 minute later the unit shuts off. Radar beam is in direct line of the sights on top the unit and has a 30* beam pattern and extends out 23 feet.

Can you note the dimensions from the tee to the net? And from the mevo to the tee?

Can you note the dimensions from the tee to the net? And from the mevo to the tee?

Manual states MEVO to tee should be 4 feet. However, there is a setting in the app that allows you to calibrate the actual placement anywhere from 3-6 feet.

FAQs say to allow at least eight feet of flight.

Edit to add: The MEVO app default setting for MEVO to tee is five feet. I will be interested to see if/how that affects results...

Manual states MEVO to tee should be 4 feet. However, there is a setting in the app that allows you to calibrate the actual placement anywhere from 3-6 feet.

FAQs say to allow at least eight feet of flight.

Right, I just wanted to know Hondabuffs configuration for his testing this evening.

Transciever Specs

24.125 Ghz

Output 14dBm

Antenna Gain 20dBi

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

That pelican case is perfect!!! I am planning on doing the same thing to mine. I just got back in town and am about to open up the box mine came in.

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Transciever Specs

24.125 Ghz

Output 14dBm

Antenna Gain 20dBi

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4440.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

Nice, did you cut the foam or have them do it for you? Looks perfect.

I cut the foam. They are laser cut in these little cubes that make it easy to cutout shapes. Its the 1120 Pelican case made for GoPro's.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Will be interested to see what others experience OUTDOORS. Friend who has had his for 5 days now was absolutely thrilled with it indoors off mats. Outdoors not so much. He set it up 3'6" (calibrated to length of mat just guess from where tee is), same level as mat, gunsight lined up on tee. Average 5 drives (he is 78 but still quite flexible). Trackman Results SS 100 mph, Ball Speed 150 mph, Spin 3510 rpm, Carry Distance 234 yards. MEVO results SS 103 mph, Ball Speed 153 mph, Spin 3600 rpm, Carry Distance 201 yards. He said they set the Trackman to give similar measurements. They were double checking their yardages as the range was refurbished recently. So they had a guy with a reflective stick marking where the ball hit. Guy was fairly accurate so the stick guy didn't have to run all over the place. The five drives the carry distance was 226 to 248 average 234 from Trackman and laser to stick in agreement + - 2 yards.. The MEVO the drives were 187 to 210 average 201. Had everyone scratching their heads on the carry distance. Wanted to try my Skytrak for comparison but this range uses yellow balls which is a no no for skytrak. So he has gone from thrilled indoors to accepting it may have shortcomings outdoors..

Wondering what the camera/telescope screw socket on the bottom is for? Pro who used to work in electronics industry said it looks well assembled except for the cheap wake up button switch which is not sealed against moisture. Just don't get it rained on I guess..

Will be interested to see what others experience OUTDOORS. Friend who has had his for 5 days now was absolutely thrilled with it indoors off mats. Outdoors not so much. He set it up 3'6" (calibrated to length of mat just guess from where tee is), same level as mat, gunsight lined up on tee. Average 5 drives (he is 78 but still quite flexible). Trackman Results SS 100 mph, Ball Speed 150 mph, Spin 3510 rpm, Carry Distance 234 yards. MEVO results SS 103 mph, Ball Speed 153 mph, Spin 3600 rpm, Carry Distance 201 yards. He said they set the Trackman to give similar measurements. They were double checking their yardages as the range was refurbished recently. So they had a guy with a reflective stick marking where the ball hit. Guy was fairly accurate so the stick guy didn't have to run all over the place. The five drives the carry distance was 226 to 248 average 234 from Trackman and laser to stick in agreement + - 2 yards.. The MEVO the drives were 187 to 210 average 201. Had everyone scratching their heads on the carry distance. Wanted to try my Skytrak for comparison but this range uses yellow balls which is a no no for skytrak. So he has gone from thrilled indoors to accepting it may have shortcomings outdoors..

Wondering what the camera/telescope screw on the bottom is for?

Tripod for Baseball.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

The Mevo algorithm must be shot to get these results. Just putting in bs and spin into fs optimiser even with a launch as low as 6, you'd still get 240 carry. Not sure what going on here but your key measurements are bs, spin and launch and not sure why your algorithm would work different outside to indoors

Wondering what the camera/telescope screw socket on the bottom is for? Pro who used to work in electronics industry said it looks well assembled except for the cheap wake up button switch which is not sealed against moisture. Just don't get it rained on I guess..

That makes sense..How do they aim it for baseball being the beam is pretty narrow?

I'm just guessing I'm guessing you just line it up with home plate. Baseballs are bigger and slower so probably a different measuring field than golf.

As for the difference between track man and Mevo they seem to be measuring the same numbers. The only thing that would impact it that you didn't mention is launch angle. Given the numbers you already mentioned the launch would have to be pretty different.