2017 HSBC Women's Champions

AKL Kiwi

Venue: Sentosa Golf Club, Tanjong Course, Singapore.

Date: March 2 – March 5

Course stats: par 72 6,683 yards

Format: 72 holes

Purse: $1,500,000

Defending Champion: Ha Na Jang (-19)

The field for this tournament (63) with no cut.

Sponsor Invites: Paula Creamer, Amanda Tan, Michelle Wie.

Official Website: https://www.hsbcgolf.com/womens/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HSBC_Sport/with_replies

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/HSBCWomensChampions/

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sei Young had a great tournament this past week. I'm sure she'd love to reclaim the trophy.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Another strong field this week. Although these are small restricted events the competition is intense and exciting. Amy made a nice jump into the RR top10 last week with her brilliant win and again here players on the fringe will have to play well or risk dropping out.

It's been good to see the level of sponsorship and enthusiasm there is for golf in this part of the world. Honda last week along with the broadcasters CH7 really went all out to promote the tournament with lots of live pre tournament coverage which is sadly lacking by the GC when they cover the US tournaments. I was kind of amused to hear Mike Whan during an interview promoting this years Solheim Cup as if the whole world will be excited to see the USA defend it against a bunch of Europeans with a RR average likely to be closer to 100 than the 50 odd last time yet here in the Asia pacific area the popularity and standard of players is where ladies golf really is...... To Mike Whan how about you dump the outdated and irrelevant Solheim Cup and the USA take on a Asia Pacific team now that would be impressive for the USA to win! Not only that you could probably double the LPGA income on a rotation basis.

To be fair, he did spend considerable time talking up the International Crown. It would be interesting to see a U.S. vs. Asia Pacific match, though.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Actually, I believe Amanda Tan was a qualifier, and not an invite.

The slot for the winner of last week's tournament was left empty on the HSBC site, so with Amy winning and already in the field, one more lucky alternate gets to tee it up.

How did Inbee get in ahead of a few women higher than her on the priority list?

Never mind, she won in '15.

Actually, she got in because she was ranked #11 in the world when the field was set. She's currently ranked #12. The top 20 have priority over the previous two years' winners.

I live just 15 minutes away from the course... rooting for In Gee.

Hope she beats the heck out of Jang Ha Na and do her own victory jig.

How can we forget last's year's run in with Jang Ha Na in the escalator-gate incident which left In Gee injured.

I recall the "run in" was with a suitcase carried, well dropped really, by Ha Na's father. She had nothing to do with it.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

How can we forget last's year's run in with Jang Ha Na in the escalator-gate incident which left In Gee injured.

I recall the "run in" was with a suitcase carried, well dropped really, by Ha Na's father. She had nothing to do with it.

Remember Tonya Harding?

Papa Jang dropped the suitcase. In-Gee posted some inflammatory stuff to her fan blog later that caused Ha-Na to be harassed not Papa Jang.

Later Ha Na had to be checked into a mental facility. If I had to pick a villain I would say it was In-Gee. She has all the power of the rabid fan-base and didn't call them down when Ha-Na was getting harassed and cyber bullied.

Papa Jang dropped the suitcase. In-Gee posted some inflammatory stuff to her fan blog later that caused Ha-Na to be harassed not Papa Jang.

Later Ha Na had to be checked into a mental facility. If I had to pick a villain I would say it was In-Gee. She has all the power of the rabid fan-base and didn't call them down when Ha-Na was getting harassed and cyber bullied.

Ummm, can we take the tabloid stuff to the 19th hole? I'd prefer to talk about the tournament in this thread.

Ummm, can we take the tabloid stuff to the 19th hole? I'd prefer to talk about the tournament in this thread.

I agree!

Umm I dont know what the 19th hole is nor do I care. I was specifically replying to his post and the content. Like others did above me. This stuff is far more related to the tournament than your borderline fetish thread which should be moved the the 19th hole whatever that is.

Sorry, but I don't see how an incident that occurred more than a year ago off the course property has anything to do with the tournament.

By all means go ahead and create a new thread to discuss it. I assume most folks don't care about it at this point.

Sorry, but I don't see how an incident that occurred more than a year ago off the course property has anything to do with the tournament.

By all means go ahead and create a new thread to discuss it. I assume most folks don't care about it at this point.

I didnt bring it up. I replied to a comment. You obviously cant understand that. Probably too busy uploading 100 more picture to your fetish thread.

I didnt bring it up. I replied to a comment. You obviously cant understand that. Probably too busy uploading 100 more picture to your fetish thread.

OK, you win. Was it a Samsonite suitcase? Hard or soft sided? Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, this field looks very similar to Thailand's. All around great and lots of possibilities. A lot of names I'm really not used to seeing on the alternates list, wish they could play too. Who could say no to Ai or Xi Yu? This is such a big tournament, is there ever any thought of expanding the size? I don't know how these things work or all the regulations.

Almost all my favorites are here again, can't choose. Um, go So Yeon and Minjee!

My top favorite is In-Kyung Kim though, and she's not here. She did not play after being on the final field of the last 2016's, and now to miss both Honda and HSBC. Not to be a zealous fan, but I'm officially worried. Does anyone know if she is in fact ok?

As a big In Gee fan the luggage does leave a sort of black cloud and suspicions, and her pain and time lost can't be gotten back. But I don't feel qualified to say much beyond that. In the best world maybe all things can be healed eventually. I'll be hoping, like always, for In Gee to do great and have a fun time.

Looks like another super tropical warm and wet experience. I feel like so many could be contending. Hope it is fun for all!

Well, this field looks very similar to Thailand's. All around great and lots of possibilities. A lot of names I'm really not used to seeing on the alternates list, wish they could play too. Who could say no to Ai or Xi Yu? This is such a big tournament, is there ever any thought of expanding the size? I don't know how these things work or all the regulations

Yes far more exciting players I would rather see playing here than MW. I just can't see why she deserves an invite here her best finish is a T9... in her freak year! all other results have been appalling at least Ai has won this tournament. It's shame the sponsors have this misguided idea that people want to see the RR # 179 based on some perceived popularity above more talented players. I guess this photo says it all about what this tournament is all about for her being able to promote brand Wie.

My top favorite is In-Kyung Kim though, and she's not here. She did not play after being on the final field of the last 2016's, and now to miss both Honda and HSBC. Not to be a zealous fan, but I'm officially worried. Does anyone know if she is in fact ok?

These days Inky is more interested in taking the most interesting golfer title away from MAJ. She takes extensive off season break, traveling the world, doing volunteer work in third world countries.

According to the greatest golf announcer, she were contemplating retirement at one point, but hopefully her win in China last year gave her second thoughts.

Well, this field looks very similar to Thailand's. All around great and lots of possibilities. A lot of names I'm really not used to seeing on the alternates list, wish they could play too. Who could say no to Ai or Xi Yu? This is such a big tournament, is there ever any thought of expanding the size? I don't know how these things work or all the regulations

Yes far more exciting players I would rather see playing here than MW. I just can't see why she deserves an invite here her best finish is a T9... in her freak year! all other results have been appalling at least Ai has won this tournament. It's shame the sponsors have this misguided idea that people want to see the RR # 179 based on some perceived popularity above more talented players. I guess this photo says it all about what this tournament is all about for her being able to promote brand Wie.

MW co leader thru 14........

Talent is the desire to practice

Oh my, that is quite a glamour picture, wow! Who dreams up these ideas!

Thank you 4waymiss. I think I remember that exact statement. Sometimes you only hear little clues about players if you're lucky. I hope she is ok and plays sometime, if it's fun.

Wow this top leaderboard looks exciting already. I'm not saying nothing!