Streamsong or World Worlds?

bogey_golf

Streamsong becomes more reasonable starting may 22nd. Down to $125 for public ($85 for resort guests). My opinion is that its a once play type course. WW is playable many times. By May it will be in the 45-55 range for public play.depending upon during the week or weekend (Friday included). That includes a cart at WW. Streamsong is basically walking so carts/caddies extra.

WW is definitely the better bargain and value by far.

But both sets of courses are exceptional and worth playing.

Think I'm gonna go to WW then play TPC or (if there are any other recommendations) on Sunday

TPC Tampa is a nothing golf course. Good condition, lousy layout.

I'd play Fox Hollow or Southern Hills, if you're going to be near WW. Lake Jovita also has a couple of good courses in the area.

You're completely off base. TPC Tampa is fantastic golf course. Feel like we've covered this before...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Streamsong becomes more reasonable starting may 22nd. Down to $125 for public ($85 for resort guests). My opinion is that its a once play type course. WW is playable many times. By May it will be in the 45-55 range for public play.depending upon during the week or weekend (Friday included). That includes a cart at WW. Streamsong is basically walking so carts/caddies extra.

WW is definitely the better bargain and value by far.

But both sets of courses are exceptional and worth playing.

I really couldn't imagine walking anywhere this time of the year in FL. I'd definitely take a cart anytime between May and October.

I have been dying to play Streamsong for two years now. Planning a trip for this fall when the black is open. Doak, Coore & Crenshaw and Hanse courses all in one spot? Yes please!

Service at course is great. Service at lodge isn't quite up to what it should be -- I have gone only in shoulder season and they seem understaffed and undertrained. Not unfriendly or unhelpful, the opposite, just don't quite have their act together.

I was there in the high season and agree wrt the service level. The facilities have the capability of being a strong 4.5 star (maybe even 5 star) experience. The service isn't close. It's not that it's bad, it's just not amazing. Little stuff like there's no valet to be found (and the only option is valet parking). I mean, nobody's going to steal your car, but it's weird. It's like the staff doesn't understand (or care to understand) the service level that is commensurate with the facility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm headed to Orlando for a convention around Halloween. I was thinking of

Fly into Tampa:

36 at world woods

36 at black diamond ranch (stay & play)

Convention

Fly out of mco

Concerns:

72 holes in 2 days is a lot

The bdr s&up is based on 4 ppl in a house. I'll only be a single most likely.

Courses I've played:

Celebration

Streamsong red

I'm staying at Orlando grande lakes. Looking just for the best courses. I don't mind flying in a couple days early and driving a bit. I live in Scottsdale so something different would be nice.

Other courses I've heard are good:

Ocn

Mission inn

Waldorf Astoria

I wasn't impressed with streamsong red when I played it a couple years ago. However, we walked without caddies & played the wrong tees. Black should open in September. So if blue/red w with one night stay at streamsong isn't outrageously priced that could be a good option.

I wasn't impressed with red my first time playing there either, but the 2nd time around was better, the 3rd time was better, the 4th time was better, and I've lost count but it gets better and better

Not a fan of mission inn el campeon or Waldorf; el campeon has some of the dumbest golf design I've ever encountered. 1st tee par5, a tree in the middle of the tee shot. 17th hole par5, a tree in the middle in the approach shot.

They would plant a tree to shape the shot and force the issue. Not a fan of that gimmick.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

SS is head over heels a better course, but 90 minute versus 45 minute drive for me (from North Tampa), and $85 to walk SS right now versus $39 to ride WW...tough to bring myself down to Streamsong

And I'll second the TPC comment... condition is very hit and miss, and even when it's in decent shape it's kind of bland. I'd play Fox Hollow over it every time. It's a pretty poor TPC course.

Played 36 at SS today. What a great place. I am a huge C&C fan. But I got to say I may have like the blue a little better. It was definitely in better shape than the red but both were excellent. Had a walking caddy in the morning his name is Smitty. He was also my fore caddy in the afternoon. I highly recommend him if you ever go very knowledgeable and really a class act. Shot a 83 on the red course. Shot an 86 on the blue course. Can't wait for the black to open, it looks spectacular.

Played 36 at SS today. What a great place. I am a huge C&C fan. But I got to say I may have like the blue a little better. It was definitely in better shape than the red but both were excellent. Had a walking caddy in the morning his name is Smitty. He was also my fore caddy in the afternoon. I highly recommend him if you ever go very knowledgeable and really a class act. Shot a 83 on the red course. Shot an 86 on the blue course. Can't wait for the black to open, it looks spectacular.

glad you enjoyed it. i played the red today... i have to say i don't think i enjoyed it as much as the first time i played it. The blue on the other hand continues to get better each time i've played it (4 times now)

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

• 3 months later...

Is WW pine barrens walkable?

I walked it this afternoon. Both courses at WW are walkable.

Greens are putting like velcro ... maybe 7.5? 8.0?

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm playing 36 there tomorrow. $80 for 36 is a great value! Pb is cart path only. Do they have push carts?

Not officially, but if you talk with one of the "Greeters" when you get there, they *might* help you out. There are couple in the Cart Barn.

The weather is going to be edgy for your first 18, it's not supposed to clear until after 1 pm or so.

Pine Barrens is in great condition other than the greens being slow. I haven't played Rolling Oaks in a week or two, but that was in good shape too. They recently over-seeded, that's why it's "Cart Path Only" on PB.

it was last week; everything is in prime condition right now, even the greens(abit slow)

it was probably 8 but the roll was pure(played it yesterday morning)

might as well walk since it's cart path only right now for PB;

also, i havent' seen it this beautiful in a very very long time.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

it was last week; everything is in prime condition right now, even the greens(abit slow)

it was probably 8 but the roll was pure(played it yesterday morning)

might as well walk since it's cart path only right now for PB;

also, i havent' seen it this beautiful in a very very long time.

Why didn't I see you?

I played with 2 other SH Members, at 10:50? What time did you go off?

Rain was coming.

I have an 8:08 at streamsong black on 11/18 with a member from OM

Going to give the black a 2nd chance.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Really impressed with World woods yesterday. $75 for 36 holes on a Sunday has to be one of the top values in America. Great people. I like that courses are very different. Preferred pine barrens a bit more but both are great. Both in good shape. Didn’t like the routing on PB but it had 2 of the best holes I’ve ever seen.

Ww > streamsong

Really impressed with World woods yesterday. $75 for 36 holes on a Sunday has to be one of the top values in America. Great people. I like that courses are very different. Preferred pine barrens a bit more but both are great. Both in good shape. Didn't like the routing on PB but it had 2 of the best holes I've ever seen.

Ww > streamsong

Which holes were that great?

4 is a very good hole, I'm not sure what other hole I'd consider one of the best. 15?

Really impressed with World woods yesterday. $75 for 36 holes on a Sunday has to be one of the top values in America. Great people. I like that courses are very different. Preferred pine barrens a bit more but both are great. Both in good shape. Didn't like the routing on PB but it had 2 of the best holes I've ever seen.

Ww > streamsong

4 is a very good hole, I'm not sure what other hole I'd consider one of the best. 15?

I thought 4 & 15 were world class

Ww > streamsong

I thought 4 & 15 were world class

I don't know that I'd consider them World Class, but they're good holes. Both are typical Fazio Risk/Reward holes.

You have to play them a couple of times to get the hang of them. I don't hit Driver on either of those Tee Boxes. I can't reach them in (2) and they're fairly easy holes to Par from the fairway ... 2 Hybrids, Wedge in on both.

That's my theory, anyway ... doesn't always work that way!

Really impressed with World woods yesterday. $75 for 36 holes on a Sunday has to be one of the top values in America. Great people. I like that courses are very different. Preferred pine barrens a bit more but both are great. Both in good shape. Didnt like the routing on PB but it had 2 of the best holes Ive ever seen.

Ww > streamsong

That’s a strong statement.

I love world woods but it’s definitely no streamsong. I’ve played a few exclusive top 100 private clubs already and still prefer the red over and over again.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

My issue with Streamsong is the green contours are a little ridiculous and that makes it more of an aesthetics course than a functional course. I think World Woods is just a great design. But they have had issues with conditioning in the past couple of years due to the rain we've received. And they cannot roll out the red carpet like Streamsong can.

RH