Drive 400 Distance Program .... my review

Excited to give this a shot. I've been doing CrossFit for the past 5+ years. For the first two or three years, I was working out 5 times plus doing supplemental stuff on the side. Life happens, started a new business, got married, and fell (back) in love with the game of golf. I now only CrossFit 1-2x a week, which is unacceptable to remain in the shape I want to be in.

I'm really excited to feel like I'm working out for something again. Thanks for pulling this together at an affordable price, Rob!

That mirrors my life almost identically and is a big part of the reason I developed the program. Need a new challenge as I get older.

Thanks again for the purchase and keep us posted with your thoughts and gains. All the best!

Rob.

Excited to give this a shot. I've been doing CrossFit for the past 5+ years. For the first two or three years, I was working out 5 times plus doing supplemental stuff on the side. Life happens, started a new business, got married, and fell (back) in love with the game of golf. I now only CrossFit 1-2x a week, which is unacceptable to remain in the shape I want to be in.

I'm really excited to feel like I'm working out for something again. Thanks for pulling this together at an affordable price, Rob!

That mirrors my life almost identically and is a big part of the reason I developed the program. Need a new challenge as I get older.

Thanks again for the purchase and keep us posted with your thoughts and gains. All the best!

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

New year. Back in the gym. Back is iffy but just starting easy with mobility stuff makes it feel great. I really do like this program. Can’t wait to re-introduce strength part. February. This time, I swear I am not going to be the bull going for the max. Someone told me that 65 is not the same as 35. I think I’ll listen this time.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Haha, you're certainly not a quitter, that's for sure!

Work around your pain as much as possible.

Just a heads up guys. A lot of people think when they get hurt (pulled hamstring, etc) they should quit working out altogether. This is a faulty approach. You always want to work around pain. Obviously you're not going to go to the gym and do 5 sets of Deadlifts with a pulled hamstring, but you can certainly continue with foam rolling, some mobility exercises, several upper body exercises, core exercises, etc. Injuries happen to all of us, in all sports, at one time or another, it's how we manage these setbacks that allows us to continue to move forward, long term.

Never work through pain, but always try to work around pain.

Hope this helps.

Have a great 2018 everybody! Some exciting things to come!

Rob.

Truth is, mainly focusing on rolling and mobility, back is feeling great. Yahoo!

And good point about working around. That makes a lot of sense, and I am guilty of both trying to work thru and then just abandoning everything.

I was shocked to see how much impact the layoff had on my mobility and flexibility and that didn't need to happen (although during the intense period of kidney stone misery, I can't imagine going to the gym!!)

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Haha, you're certainly not a quitter, that's for sure!

Work around your pain as much as possible.

Just a heads up guys. A lot of people think when they get hurt (pulled hamstring, etc) they should quit working out altogether. This is a faulty approach. You always want to work around pain. Obviously you're not going to go to the gym and do 5 sets of Deadlifts with a pulled hamstring, but you can certainly continue with foam rolling, some mobility exercises, several upper body exercises, core exercises, etc. Injuries happen to all of us, in all sports, at one time or another, it's how we manage these setbacks that allows us to continue to move forward, long term.

Never work through pain, but always try to work around pain.

Hope this helps.

Have a great 2018 everybody! Some exciting things to come!

Rob.

Just learned this lesson this year. Previously, if I got some kind of injury or something. I’d stop going to the gym and never make it back.

I’m still brand new to working around injuries. But just like anything, I gotta learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any questions, suggestions, additions?

Just did my first full session, good stuff. Just curious, why does it switch to 3/side for certain drills on weeks 4 and 8 on the swing program?

Also, can you convert the videos of the swing program into an album or playlist like you did for mobility and release? I suppose I should already know what to do after a few sessions, but it was a bit of a drag when I had to type the web address and password every time to see video of each individual drill.

Thanks.

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

STARTING TOMORROW...

I wanted to announce that I'm going to start providing some very interesting details regarding swing-speed training (over and under-load training), strength training and just some interesting content that I've studied over the years. A lot of it actually stems from Baseball training (also a rotational sport) so it absolutely applies to Golf.

I'm not a big scientific guy in terms of hands-on instruction (I believe science is absolutely fantastic for feedback (numbers, angles, etc) but I don't believe it's the best method for hands-on instruction, for most people, as it tends to encourage far too much conscious thought). I do like to understand the science behind things though. Anyway, hopefully you guys will find find some of this stuff interesting and valuable.

Cheers.

Rob.

TESTIMONIALS

Quick request. To be totally transparent, which I genuinely like to be, I'm trying to grow my business. If you guys wouldn't mind writing me a quick testimonial (one paragraph is plenty) about Drive 400 (hopefully you're enjoying it, getting results from it and find that it's a good value) that I can put on my website, I'd really, really appreciate it. You don't have to put your full name if you don't want to. Just your first name and last initial is fine. If you want to put your location and your index, that's great too. On the flip side, if you think the program is a giant steaming pile of crap, go ahead and send me your thoughts on that as well. I probably won't put it on the website, but any feedback is welcomed. I'm always looking to improve. You can send the testimonials to info@puredistancegolf.

Again guys, I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to continuing to move forward with a lot of cool stuff in 2018 that I think you guys will enjoy.

Rob.

Is the warm up/mobility something that is meant to be done everyday, even if not before golfing? Can it be done in the comfort of your own home? Same with the speed drills?

Hi.

It sure can be. It just depends on a) if you want to and b) if you have the time. It's advisable for sure. You really can't do too much foam rolling and mobility work.

At home works for sure. Just need a foam roller (for the soft tissue work).

Rob.

OK Rob, here i go again.....i bought the program 7 months ago and finally ready to give it a go......Day 1 was very interesting, haha i felt like a total spaz doing most of those exercises. Im really curious to see what this program does. Ive bought every possible combination of shafts and driver including JDM and tour issue stuff. There is some really great equipment out thee but in the end its all about swing speed. Although getting the proper launch and backspin is super important to distance as well as solid smash factor numbers and positive angle of attack.

Im a firm believer that certain types of programs can work. i tried powerlifting and running stairs and jumping for vertical but it only got me so far, Plyometrics however got me jumping out of the gym. Im hoping this Swing400 has similar results.

I do have a GC2 with HMT and access to trackman outdoors to measure if I'm gaining any extra speed. Im just hoping for another 5mph of swing speed and 10mph would be awesome. Haha and I'm starting at such a modest speed that 10mph extra will still put me at Senior PGA avg swing speed.

Hey man.

I hear you on shaft and driver head combinations. I'm a passionate club junkie myself.

If your swing-speed is pretty average or below average right now and you give the program a solid effort, I'm 99.999% certain you will add 5-10 mph of club-head speed and it shouldn't take very long. Simply doing mobility and soft tissue work can improve swing-speed, let alone all of the strength work (both lower and upper body), rotational med-ball work, forearm work, etc, etc.

Good luck man and please do keep us posted!

Hey Rob, Just got the latest update yesterday. Thanks for this. I print off my original download - were there much changes/updates to the program? Just wondering if I need to print off again. Suggestion: just like system upgrades, perhaps a message to indicate what sections or areas of the program were updated.

In addition to the above, it appears it is still necessary to re-enter the password for each subsequent video in a section. Is there some work-around for this that I am not aware of? Thanks.

I went to the site to try and buy the drive 400 program and nowhere is there a button to click to buy it.

Hey man,

That's odd. It shows up for me. What browser are you using? Desktop or mobile?

If you want to give me your email address, I'll send you the program and you can just send me a PayPal payment.

Let me know.

Rob.

Ive just finished my second workout and already I've seen a small bump in swing speed. I gained 1 mph over my previous 3 months high on GC2 w/HMT. Now i know 1 mph swing speed might sound like very little but that was my top swing in the last 3 months and i bettered it after a few days stretching and swinging with a little bit of power work ( still sore ). i actually am starting to believe that another 5 mph is possible ! Maybe even 10mph in 6 months or so, providing that i don't injure myself. Its easy getting gains when u are young but I'm on the other side of 50 and it takes a ton of time to recover and improve.

Awesome man! Great job!

Keep at the mobility and soft tissue work. It's more important for older people (not that you're old) than kids because kids are naturally more mobile and have better tissue quality, due to less wear and tear. Most people don't realize, but by consistently doing soft tissue and mobility work, they can greatly increase range of motion in all planes of movement and greatly reduce aches and pains. This added ROM can contribute to swing-speed gains on it's own, without even getting involved with swing-speed training or strength training. However, when you combine it with the swing-speed and strength training programs, I think 5-10 mph is a very likely outcome for you. That's the whole point of this program; to leave no stone unturned. Swing faster - drive further - feel better.

Good luck man and keep us posted!

Rob.

I am a 62 year old male, who thought he was in good shape. Started the program January 2 and have completed 25 days of the Soft tissue and mobility work followed by the strength training for the legs in preparation for a total knee replacement.

First week of the soft tissue work I thought “ how can this hurt so bad”? I could not even complete the mobility program “ squat “ , “ lunge” routines.

Now after 4 weeks I feel great, a lot more energy... lost 8 lbs....and can complete the mobility work no problem.

Will start the swing speed in March!

Great program, feel a huge difference... keep at it!

Titleist 917 D2 Diamana Blue Regular 9*
Titleist 917 F2 Diamana Blue Regular 17*
Titleist 818 H1 Diamana Blue Regular 20* & 22*
Titleist 718 AP1 Tensei Red Regular 5-Gap
Ping Glide 56*
Odyssey O’Works R - Line CS

Hi Mike,

First of all, nice job on committing to the program.

Secondly, you're not alone feeling discomfort doing the soft tissue work and mobility exercises. I know people 1/3 your age who are all knotted up and having difficulty with it.

I'm as guilty as anyone in that I'm always looking to purchase the latest and greatest driver, in hopes of gaining 10 yards, but as exciting as that may be, the reality is, most people would be FAR better off spending $10 on a foam roller and $5 on a grip squeezer. There's only so much the club can do if you can't move properly, are weak or in pain.

A foam roller is a golfer's best friend, in my opinion, especially considering Golf is primarily played by older people who have years of tissue damage and tightness. You can literally regain lost range of motion (which can increase swing-speed and distance) in weeks, if you follow a steady foam rolling program and that's what you're experiencing now. Hats off man, great job! Keep it up!

Hi Mike,

Secondly, you're not alone feeling discomfort doing the soft tissue work and mobility exercises. I know people 1/3 your age who are all knotted up and having difficulty with it.

I'm as guilty as anyone in that I'm always looking to purchase the latest and greatest driver, in hopes of gaining 10 yards, but as exciting as that may be, the reality is, most people would be FAR better off spending $10 on a foam roller and $5 on a grip squeezer. There's only so much the club can do if you can't move properly, are weak or in pain.

A foam roller is a golfer's best friend, in my opinion, especially considering Golf is primarily played by older people who have years of tissue damage and tightness. You can literally regain lost range of motion (which can increase swing-speed and distance) in weeks, if you follow a steady foam rolling program and that's what you're experiencing now. Hats off man, great job! Keep it up!

How much grip strength do you think is enough? I can close a Captains of Crush #2.5. Should I bother with any grip exercises?

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

Quick recap:

Due to the wheather in Sweden, I’ve only been able to do the strength training an mobility work. The strength training is something that i have ben doing for years now, so nothing new there.

BUT, the foam rolling has been fantastic. Also used a lacrosse ball. The back and glutes has been quite ok regarding pain, but the calves! The pain has been unreal... not to mention the pecs, and pecs minor

Have not used the program yet, but I've met Rob this weekend and he is wholly dedicated to helping people improve their distances. He personally hit well over 300 yard carries with 83 compression range balls using a Flightscope to measure on the driving range and used to be a long driver who reached 400 yards in his youth.

Distance 400 is literally to attempt to help people drive 400 yards. I was joking with him to create an alternative program for seniors calling it "Drive 300S".

So, I will be starting the program this week. My "before" swing speed was only 104mph 12 degree launch 3000rpm spin 247 carry with the same 83 compression range balls also as measured by the same Flightscope. I'm hoping to report noticeable gains after a couple months. To be fair, I had just had a vigorous range session and aggressive Nassau round the day before, so I was a little tired making that swing. My normal swing is closer to 106-108. So, if I can get to 110mph, that would be huge.

Really looking forward to doing this program!

Hi Mike,

How much grip strength do you think is enough? I can close a Captains of Crush #2.5. Should I bother with any grip exercises?

Grip strength is very underrated in all athletic endeavors, from sports to strength training. The stronger your grip, the more durable your wrists and elbow will be (thick rough will be less of an issue), the more force you will able to apply to the club through impact and the more weight you will be able to hold, in the weight room.

I use double overhand grip deadlifts (rather than over-under) to develop grip strength. At around 350 lbs for 5 reps my left hand starts to struggle to maintain the grip on the barbell, which makes the entire life more difficult. Reason being, If your system (mind/body) senses grip fatigue, it automatically goes into protection mode, technique can suffer and your focus on exploding through the movement gets interrupted, thus your entire body loses out on potential gains.

As long as you maintain tissue quality (lacrosse ball rolling) and flexibility, I wouldn't put a cap on grip strength. One thing to note is that you should try to swing or at least chip to maintain feel, while strengthening your grip.

Hope this helps.

Rob.