2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Hitting Net Recommendations

Underdog1924

Looking to get a hitting net next spring. Any suggestions for a good product?

Titleist TSR3 9.0 w/ HZRDUS Blue 6.5
Titleist TSR3 13.5 w/ TENSEI Black 1K 75X
Titleist TSR2 18* hybrid w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist T200 4 iron w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
Titleist 5-P T150 w/ DG120 X100
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F bent to 48

Titleist Vokey SM9 54D, 60S
Toulon Las Vegas H7

Are you using it with a launch monitor or just hitting balls into?

Hopefully using a Mevo when it all gets set up.

Toulon Las Vegas H7

I currently have a Quickster net in 8x8. I can set it up in less than a minute.

I had a Haack net, but it was huge. Way too big for my garage. It was built very well though.

Thanks, I'll be using it outside so space won't be an issue.

Toulon Las Vegas H7

I currently have a Quickster net in 8x8. I can set it up in less than a minute.

I had a Haack net, but it was huge. Way too big for my garage. It was built very well though.

Thanks, I'll be using it outside so space won't be an issue.

A good gust of wind will blow my quickster over. Not a big deal to me as I can easily weight down the leg. I can't imagine wind blowing over the Haack net. I don't think it can be beat for the money.

If you really have the space and are ok with spending a little bit more I'd suggest looking into constructing a 10x10x10 cage. I set one up this year and it's awesome. Prior to that I had the 8x8 Callaway net. The biggest difference is that I can hit any type of wedge I want with no fear of launching it over the net. I also have protection against the dreaded shank when hitting into the cage. I bought the Cimarron 10x10x10 Masters Golf Net with Frame Kit from Unique Sports for $235 and the 10' pipes cost me about $90 from Home Depot. When all was said and done I spent $385 which included a van rental to get the pipes home and some ground anchors to tie everything down. The anchors probably aren't necessary because the thing is pretty heavy, but for an extra $30 it's better to be safe than sorry, especially if you have little ones running around. You'll also need a good mat, but that's a whole other thing!

I'd look into the 10x10x10 too if you have the space. I had a net return for about a year in my garage and it worked great but I managed to somehow shank a couple and if I was outside it would have been bad news. I'm in the process of trying to figure out which net to buy but I do know it's going to be a full cage so I can set it up in my backyard and not have to worry about any windows.

I believe the Mevo uses radar to measure the data which would likely mean you would need more ball flight than what hitting into a net would afford. I don't own one so not entirely sure, but would check that out before making the purchase.

As for the net, love my Rukket net https://www.amazon.com/Rukket-Practice-Driving-Outdoor-Training/dp/B00NSWHZCS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508870684&sr=8-3&keywords=golf+net

If I could afford it, I'd get a Net Neturn. However I can't so I had to settle for the next best thing with is the Rukket Haak Net.

https://www.rukket.c...-haack-10-x-7ft

This thing is really, really good. It's well built, a pice of p!ss to put together and very durable. I've tested it extensively all this year and so far so good, though due to back yard constraints I've not hit anything more than a six iron into it. I also like the fact it's a good size and it costs considerably less than the the Net Return. I honestly can't imagine how much better the Net Return would be for 8X+ the price.

The only real downside with the Haak is that you don't have shank protection, so it has to be set up strategically to minimise damage in case you do hosel one.

Overall though it's been one of the best investments I've made in my golf game, along with my Fiberbuilt mat.

If a cage isn't practical, one way to guard against s***ked or toed shots is to construct a makeshift range divider. I made the attached from 3/4 MDF, with anti-fatigue mat spray-glued to the face to both deaden the ball and also eliminate noise from any shots that go sideways. The whole thing had one of those cheap 8x4 green felt rugs that you see sold in Home Depot and Costco upholstered to it (read: 'went to town with my staple gun'). I used a cheap steel shelf support leg from a hardware store attached upside down as a support leg. Probably many other ways to make something similar that's more suitable for outdoor use.

I believe the Mevo uses radar to measure the data which would likely mean you would need more ball flight than what hitting into a net would afford. I don't own one so not entirely sure, but would check that out before making the purchase.

As for the net, love my Rukket net https://www.amazon.c...ywords=golf net

The MEVO needs to be set up at least four feet behind the ball, and needs at least eight feet of flight. I use mine outside into my Net Return with no problem except for sand and lob wedges.

I have a Haak net also. It’s been great. I keep it outside year round and there is only a bit of fading.

If it blows over, it takes maybe 2 seconds to put it back up. You can also get replacement netting for it if you wear it out.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

Which net did you buy? I ordered the Cimarron on Thursday and it should be here on Monday. I have a sprinkler system so I'm hoping I can somehow raise the netting fairly easy a few times a week so the sprinklers can still hit the lawn. I also need to raise it so the guy that cuts my lawn doesn't cut the net like he did on my Direct tv cable.

When I had my Netreturn I hit balls for 1 - 1.5 hours a day for about a year and the net looked new when I sold it. I think the trick is to use new balls and if they have any cover damage at all change them out. I built a ramp covered in putting turf so the ball would return back to the hitting mat after each swing so the balls never touched the ground. I hit Pro V1's until they cracked before the cover wore out.

• 1 year later...

I fastened a steel wire between two trees In the back yard that I have a 20x40 net from eBay attached to. I fastened the net to the wire with 20 carabineers so that it slides all the way out when we are hitting on it and closed when we are done. All of the parts were purchased at Harbor Freight.

I would stay away from the Callaway net, I am actually looking for something more durable. I have broken it multiple times (netting and target) and am also now in the market for a better option.

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

• 3 months later...

Since it seems like space isn’t the issue I’d suggest getting a [Cimarron](https://shopindoorgolf.com/collections/golf-nets "Cimarron") 10’x10’x’10 or even the 20’ with the 1” steel corners. The 10’ is $259 and the 20’ is $369 on shopindoorgolf.com.

I went this route when I needed a new golf net and it’s been great for keeping the balls where they’re supposed to be and not going off in all directions when my junior golfer is practicing.

For the cage all I had to do was buy some 1”x10’ length pieces of EMT conduit. You can find it at Home Depot or Lowes in the electrical section.

The Net Return is a good golf net. I also have on that I use in the garage. I’ve had mine for over six months and it’s been a great net.

• 4 years later...

Reviving this thread as I have recently purchased an MLM2Pro which I expected and confirmed would present problems once I got into higher launch angles with wedges. I currently have a droopy amazon net that is, at best, 6 feet high. Since I need 8-9 feet of ball flight, that becomes an issue rather quickly. I can raise my net (please excuse this redneck engineering) by about 14 inches via this method below (see picture) and yes, it is balancing on a folding chair and outdoor fireplace 🤣

image.png.599aa726db4b1b8fd001d23a783fccbe.png

So, this is not a long term solution. I think I need something that is at least 10 feet tall. I would prefer not to go crazy and buy a Net Return. I have looked at some of the DIY options and while a cage would be great, this has to be somewhat portable.  Looking at Cimarron golf (11 ft tall), this seems like a good option (picture below)? Has anyone ever used the "Super Swing Master Golf Net and Frame"? Or should I try to build something out of PVC? Whatever net I get, it will live outside so needs to be somewhat durable. I am okay if I have to replace it every few years so long as it is less than $500. 

image.png.2fc77eaaa229293b26052d1b00edf82e.png

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red (S)

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue (S)
Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* - Project X U-Steel 6.0

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW 1*flat  - FST 125 (S) -- auditioning Fujikura Axiom 125X

Ben Hogan Equalizer II 54* 1*flat - KBS Tour 120S

Ben Hogan Carnoustie 60* 1*flat  - KBS Tour 120S

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

35 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

Reviving this thread as I have recently purchased an MLM2Pro which I expected and confirmed would present problems once I got into higher launch angles with wedges. I currently have a droopy amazon net that is, at best, 6 feet high. Since I need 8-9 feet of ball flight, that becomes an issue rather quickly. I can raise my net (please excuse this redneck engineering) by about 14 inches via this method below (see picture) and yes, it is balancing on a folding chair and outdoor fireplace 🤣

image.png.599aa726db4b1b8fd001d23a783fccbe.png

So, this is not a long term solution. I think I need something that is at least 10 feet tall. I would prefer not to go crazy and buy a Net Return. I have looked at some of the DIY options and while a cage would be great, this has to be somewhat portable.  Looking at Cimarron golf (11 ft tall), this seems like a good option (picture below)? Has anyone ever used the "Super Swing Master Golf Net and Frame"? Or should I try to build something out of PVC? Whatever net I get, it will live outside so needs to be somewhat durable. I am okay if I have to replace it every few years so long as it is less than $500. 

image.png.2fc77eaaa229293b26052d1b00edf82e.png

I’ve been there.  Ended with Net Return after serval DIY attempts.  Woulda have been money ahead had I just started there.  Sold it when I build a dedicated sim and recouped half my cost.  No one was interested in any of my invented DIY nets.

• Thanks 1