2024 The Memorial Tournament WITB Pics & New Titleist GT woods ×

Nike Roshe G?!?

Saw this browsing for upcoming shoes and thought id share. Looks like Nike is taking the lifestyle Roshe Run and turning it into a golf shoe. Will link the article and pics. I think it is a super good looking shoe that I will be adding to the collection. What do you all thing?

https://sneakernews.com/2018/01/27/nike-roshe-g-golf-shoe-release-info/

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rolled my ankles trying to do athletic movements so many times in Roshe's and seen it happen to others numerous times as well. The support of the shoe for any type of dynamic movement is not there. It is strictly a lifestyle type shoe meant for wearing around and walking. I see similar happening to a lot of golfers with these. I absolutely love the shoes though and use them as intended, have many pair.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Size 12 is the biggest? Looked at trendy golf and only had up to a 12. Too bad, I need a 14.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

Size 12 is the biggest? Looked at trendy golf and only had up to a 12. Too bad, I need a 14.

Up to size 15 on NDC.

NDC only had the Roshe Premium, didn't have the standard that I saw.

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

I have rolled my ankles trying to do athletic movements so many times in Roshe's and seen it happen to others numerous times as well. The support of the shoe for any type of dynamic movement is not there. It is strictly a lifestyle type shoe meant for wearing around and walking. I see similar happening to a lot of golfers with these. I absolutely love the shoes though and use them as intended, have many pair.

It is marketed as a lifestyle shoe, not an athletic one.

To avoid confusion, Nike changed the name from Roshe Run to Roshe One/Two.

Yeah, I think I have had about 8 pair of Roshe's ranging from the normal mesh up to the flyknit model (my favorite). I really love the silhouette , I just dont know how much it is going to lend to dynamic weight transfer and things like that. The sole worries me. I am sure range practice and that will be fine.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Yeah, I think I have had about 8 pair of Roshe's ranging from the normal mesh up to the flyknit model (my favorite). I really love the silhouette , I just dont know how much it is going to lend to dynamic weight transfer and things like that. The sole worries me. I am sure range practice and that will be fine.

you swing differently on the range and on course? either it’s fine for full swings or it’s not. and I’m guessing it is. it’s probably not just the standard roshe with some nubs on the sole. I believe I read it’s got a reinforced upper for stability

I was mainly speaking for putting and chipping practice around the greens. I imagine I am overthinking this a tad bit but hopefully they turn out well.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

There is the slight plastic external heel counter for support. The back quarter panel is tpu / nylon reinforced. The front half of the shoe is the same loose weave as standard lifestyle Roshe shoes. Honestly, this shoe has very little lateral support. This shoe is very much the hey lets go hit a few balls at TopGolf "golf" shoe. I mean sure you could probably 18 in it but it's probably not the best choice of shoes to play in.

you swing differently on the range and on course? either it's fine for full swings or it's not. and I'm guessing it is. it's probably not just the standard roshe with some nubs on the sole. I believe I read it's got a reinforced upper for stability

The Nike Roshe, an iconic shoe known for its ultimate comfort and breathability, was first introduced in 2012. Six years later, the silhouette is retooled for the links.

The key feature making the Roshe G course-ready is a pressure-mapped outsole that targets high-wear areas, which gives the shoe increased durability and traction in key zones. It's also wearable off-course, which reinforces the comfort pedigree, along with the new design's long-range durability and versatility. 

Sport-specific upper enhancements have also been made. For instance, the mesh is thoughtfully wrapped with a synthetic overlay integrated with the laces to give golfers a locked-down feel.

The Nike Roshe, an iconic shoe known for its ultimate comfort and breathability, was first introduced in 2012. Six years later, the silhouette is retooled for the links.

The key feature making the Roshe G course-ready is a pressure-mapped outsole that targets high-wear areas, which gives the shoe increased durability and traction in key zones. It's also wearable off-course, which reinforces the comfort pedigree, along with the new design's long-range durability and versatility.

Sport-specific upper enhancements have also been made. For instance, the mesh is thoughtfully wrapped with a synthetic overlay integrated with the laces to give golfers a locked-down feel.

Couldn't have described it better myself...

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Couldn't have described it better myself...

Of course not :)

That comes straight from the press release :)

There is the slight plastic external heel counter for support. The back quarter panel is tpu / nylon reinforced. The front half of the shoe is the same loose weave as standard lifestyle Roshe shoes. Honestly, this shoe has very little lateral support. This shoe is very much the hey lets go hit a few balls at TopGolf "golf" shoe. I mean sure you could probably 18 in it but it's probably not the best choice of shoes to play in.

you swing differently on the range and on course? either it's fine for full swings or it's not. and I'm guessing it is. it's probably not just the standard roshe with some nubs on the sole. I believe I read it's got a reinforced upper for stability

Like the post above, I've seen more than just J Day in them and if they're good enough for people who make millions playing, I'm sure they're good enough for you and your 215 drives and plenty good for a full 18. People said the same about the Air Maxs and those were just fine.

Oh that's cute. You apparently know how far I hit the ball but apparently you don't know how to read. Did I say you couldn't play golf in the shoes? I didn't say that. Do you think I don't know that there are thousands of people who've already played in them or hit balls? Do you think I haven't seen advertisements or on IG Jason Day playing in them?

Here let me copy the last line....

I mean sure you could probably 18 in it but it's probably not the best choice of shoes to play in.

Btw, got any pics of any Nike athletes playing in them in a professional tournament? And FYI, I actually own the black pair and have ranged in them for about the last week they're fine. I've hit plenty of drives over 300 simulated on Trackman and on the outdoor range just fine. I'm sure I could play in them but again, I HAVE PLENTY OF BETTER CHOICES WITH MORE SUPPORT TO PLAY IN.

The AZ 90IT has TPU layers for waterproofing around the entire foot which helps for support not to mention the spikes are more robust. Same can by said for the Flyknit Chukka and oh BTW I own both pairs. The Roshe has NO TPU support in the forefoot area so it makes for poor support in the front.

I've seen people play basketball, dunk and cross people up in Roshes but I'm sure they'd much rather play basketball in a pair of PG1s or Lebrons.

Conversely, plenty of military personnel run in combat boots but I'm sure they'd much rather run in a pair of running boots.

But that was pretty cute, your attempt to belittle what you assumed was my inability to hit a long drive (which was wrong) merely showed your lack of reading comprehension. Which begs the question, will you be able to understand this long, stupid comment I posted because I'm bored? Probably not.

Like the post above, I've seen more than just J Day in them and if they're good enough for people who make millions playing, I'm sure they're good enough for you and your 215 drives and plenty good for a full 18. People said the same about the Air Maxs and those were just fine.

I've rolled my ankles in hightops, and midtops playing ball . Kobe, played ball in low tops. you cant convince me that there is more dynamic movement in a golf swing than there is while playing basketball. I used rod lavers for a long time at the range. no problems. as ruffellprefley said, unless you have silly putty for ankles, you're probably fine.

I’m just giving my anecdotal evidence as to the Roshes being difficult on ankles. I have seen a captain for the UGA national championship football team roll his ankles in them in high school. Our softball players have had difficulties going through proper weight transfer with them on during hitting lessons.

Can you play in them? Absolutely. However, I wouldn’t feel comfortable playing a round in any of my Roshe shoes as they are built presently. A few people have mentioned a reinforced heel cap and a stronger mesh design that helps keep the foot locked down and that is going to be enough stability for most everyone.

The issue with the shoe version is that the height of the midsole married with the mesh/flyknit/hyperfuse or whatever model you have puts your feet at a higher level off the ground and more susceptible to issues. Not always but it does. There’s a reason Nike labeled them a strict lifestyle shoe.

WITB:
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Oh that's cute. You apparently know how far I hit the ball but apparently you don't know how to read. Did I say you couldn't play golf in the shoes? I didn't say that. Do you think I don't know that there are thousands of people who've already played in them or hit balls? Do you think I haven't seen advertisements or on IG Jason Day playing in them?

Here let me copy the last line....

I mean sure you could probably 18 in it but it's probably not the best choice of shoes to play in.

Btw, got any pics of any Nike athletes playing in them in a professional tournament? And FYI, I actually own the black pair and have ranged in them for about the last week they're fine. I've hit plenty of drives over 300 simulated on Trackman and on the outdoor range just fine. I'm sure I could play in them but again, I HAVE PLENTY OF BETTER CHOICES WITH MORE SUPPORT TO PLAY IN.

The AZ 90IT has TPU layers for waterproofing around the entire foot which helps for support not to mention the spikes are more robust. Same can by said for the Flyknit Chukka and oh BTW I own both pairs. The Roshe has NO TPU support in the forefoot area so it makes for poor support in the front.

I've seen people play basketball, dunk and cross people up in Roshes but I'm sure they'd much rather play basketball in a pair of PG1s or Lebrons.

Conversely, plenty of military personnel run in combat boots but I'm sure they'd much rather run in a pair of running boots.

But that was pretty cute, your attempt to belittle what you assumed was my inability to hit a long drive (which was wrong) merely showed your lack of reading comprehension. Which begs the question, will you be able to understand this long, stupid comment I posted because I'm bored? Probably not.

Good for you and your 300 yard drives and the time you took out of your boring day to type that all out. Might want to learn to internet better because your noob-ness shows.

Now that he showed how small his d1ck is............has anyone had a chance to see the brown leather pair in person? Are they a more matte leather finish or something buffed and shiny?

I've hit plenty of drives over 300 simulated on Trackman and on the outdoor range just fine.

Oh s***! I am super super impressed, my dude. I can't believe you can hit it 300+ yards! I look up and admire you so much. Wow. I hope to some day be as awesome as you at golf. Maybe you can give me some pointers? I can't believe I'm talking to someone so awesome. Thank you for gracing us here in this thread and offering your Golf God's level of input.

WTF?

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

The leather Roshes are a much better implementation of the shoe for golf. The leather has a lot more structure simply because of the material but it stays soft enough for the Roshe feel. The leather is also manmade so it isn't prone to stretching and also has a 1 year waterproof warranty. The sheen is nice, it's there but it's not like a polish or a glare. Nike made a much better shoe with the leather Roshe IMO. They should have came out with better / more colors.