Joel Dahmen accuses Kang of cheating

schuyler

BSc,

No it isnt no matter how much you want it to be. Its semantic passive aggressive pu@@y footing around. I would at least respect it if he did it to his face but he didnt. He ran to twitter to be an internet tough guy.

You are way off base on this. Did JD call Kang a "cheater" to his face? No. But let me ask you this. You are playing in a competition and an opponent questions your drop, argues with the rules official and you for 30 mins, and then tells you "If you can sleep at night, take your drop"; all of this and you don't think your opponent is questioning your integrity? You are acting as though JD acted all was normal and then took to Twitter to call Yang out for his drop. That is so far from how this went down. JD was plenty "aggressive" on the golf course.

Nope youre just too emotional. Repeat after me: he. did. not. call . him. a.cheater. to. his. face. No matter the amount of mental gymnastics youre doing here, he didnt.

You can be passive aggressive all day long if you dont use the word you use when you run to to your smart phone to post on twitter youre a coward. period

giphy.gif

What am I "emotional" about? How many times on tour have you seen a competitor argue with another player and a rules official 30 minutes? You are so hung up on the word "cheater", that you are ignoring what all took place.

And did JD head straight to Twitter and call Kang a "cheater"? Wasn't the "he cheated" comment made in response to someone asking why it took so long to play a hole?

Here's a little advice partner. Next time you are playing golf, you take a drop, and your opponent says "If you can sleep at night, take your drop", he is calling you a "cheater". Chances are, the guy is not going to take your call again next time you want to play. What did you expect JD to do? Punch him in the face on the course? What would it take for him to not be a "coward"?

Refusing to sign the card and not acting like a 13 year old girl on twitter would be a start.instead of protesting it properly through the tour Chanel's he takes the " lets get a mob going for my cause " approach. The old Twitter. Look at me look at me play.

He followed the proper channels. Give me a freaking break. "Refusing to sign the card" would've done nothing. JD already addressed that. Why do you ignore that? He argued his point for 30 minutes. Would you just let it go?

What did JD stand to gain if he was wrong about calling Kang a cheater? Anyone knows he would've been shunned by most on tour if he was wrong.

It's amazing that our discussion has shifted on whether Kang cheated to the means that JD used to let people know. "Oh, he used Twitter. He's wrong."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've been wrong when I thought someone was in a hazard earlier and then we found the ball farther up. And it has happened to me as well, where a very aggressive opponent was saying you went in WAY back here and then was proven wrong (you know the personality type, they think they are always right and an in your face approach has intimidated others into their way many many a time historically)

I give the benefit of the doubt, gentlemen's game etc

When you are not directly behind a shot it is VERY hard to pick points and see flight curvature etc

Not really.

He followed the proper channels. Give me a freaking break. "Refusing to sign the card" would've done nothing. JD already addressed that. Why do you ignore that? He argued his point for 30 minutes. Would you just let it go?

What did JD stand to gain if he was wrong about calling Kang a cheater? Anyone knows he would've been shunned by most on tour if he was wrong.

It's amazing that our discussion has shifted on whether Kang cheated to the means that JD used to let people know. "Oh, he used Twitter. He's wrong."

100%. One person vigorously defended the field for THIRTY MINUTES when he easily could have shut up and gone on his way, and that person is getting dumped on for calling attention to major rules breach. Pathetic.

100%. One person vigorously defended the field for THIRTY MINUTES when he easily could have shut up and gone on his way, and that person is getting dumped on for calling attention to major rules breach. Pathetic.

Alleged breach.

I know I've been wrong when I thought someone was in a hazard earlier and then we found the ball farther up. And it has happened to me as well, where a very aggressive opponent was saying you went in WAY back here and then was proven wrong (you know the personality type, they think they are always right and an in your face approach has intimidated others into their way many many a time historically)

I give the benefit of the doubt, gentlemen's game etc

When you are not directly behind a shot it is VERY hard to pick points and see flight curvature etc

Sometimes just as hard when you are directly behind too :-)

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/gil-lebreton/article105378146.html

I don’t think JD is getting dumped on by anyone that matters. He has the eyewitness testimony on his side as well as public sentiment. I think he is sleeping just fine at night and is probably quite comfortable that he spoke his piece.

BSc,

No it isnt no matter how much you want it to be. Its semantic passive aggressive pu@@y footing around. I would at least respect it if he did it to his face but he didnt. He ran to twitter to be an internet tough guy.

Dahman argued for 30 minutes. Another group had to be waved through...ON THE PGA TOUR. And your point is that he wasn't aggressive enough on the course? What?!?!?

Whats to not understand? he called him something online that he didnt to his face. Take a breath and reread my post nothing about how aggressive he was or wasnt but the word he chose to use online...

BSc,

You are way off base on this. Did JD call Kang a "cheater" to his face? No. But let me ask you this. You are playing in a competition and an opponent questions your drop, argues with the rules official and you for 30 mins, and then tells you "If you can sleep at night, take your drop"; all of this and you don't think your opponent is questioning your integrity? You are acting as though JD acted all was normal and then took to Twitter to call Yang out for his drop. That is so far from how this went down. JD was plenty "aggressive" on the golf course.

Nope youre just too emotional. Repeat after me: he. did. not. call . him. a.cheater. to. his. face. No matter the amount of mental gymnastics youre doing here, he didnt.

You can be passive aggressive all day long if you dont use the word you use when you run to to your smart phone to post on twitter youre a coward. period

giphy.gif

What am I "emotional" about? How many times on tour have you seen a competitor argue with another player and a rules official 30 minutes? You are so hung up on the word "cheater", that you are ignoring what all took place.

And did JD head straight to Twitter and call Kang a "cheater"? Wasn't the "he cheated" comment made in response to someone asking why it took so long to play a hole?

Here's a little advice partner. Next time you are playing golf, you take a drop, and your opponent says "If you can sleep at night, take your drop", he is calling you a "cheater". Chances are, the guy is not going to take your call again next time you want to play. What did you expect JD to do? Punch him in the face on the course? What would it take for him to not be a "coward"?

you can keep "your advice" for yourself.

BSc,

Dahman argued for 30 minutes. Another group had to be waved through...ON THE PGA TOUR. And your point is that he wasn't aggressive enough on the course? What?!?!?

Whats to not understand? he called him something online that he didnt to his face. Take a breath and reread my post nothing about how aggressive he was or wasnt but the word he chose to use online...

Are you sure?

BSc,

As has been pointed, you have no idea what he said to his face. But keep digging that pit. Another 30 feet or so, we won't even be able to see you anymore.

BSc,

Are you sure?

I don't think he is going to answer that question.

BSc,

As has been pointed, you have no idea what he said to his face. But keep digging that pit. Another 30 feet or so, we won't even be able to see you anymore.

Dahmen will see exactly where he went into the pit though.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Good to see someone call out another player if they feel they are breaking the rules. Don't see how it could go back and forth for so long though.

Also let's be real that hat was awful...

Not a great fashion statement but Joel is a testicular cancer survivor who is likely wearing it for protection reasons.

Was he wearing it on his Balls?

BSc,

"But he called him a cheater on Twitter"...(I guess that invalidates every other aspect of the argument???)

BSc,

Are you sure?

I don't think he is going to answer that question.

Hmm, wonder why . . .

BSc,

Yep. Guarantee you Kang felt like he was being accused of cheating in that moment. Not sure how it can be interpreted any other way when something is argued so vociferously and ends with a "I hope you can sleep at night" type comment.

Still didnt call him that to his face but he did so like a jaded 16 year old on twitter right after.Rules official saw it kangs way so at that point its case closed. it reeks of personal vendetta

BSc,

Actually i do because he confirmed what he did say several times.Hint he never used the word "cheater"... so go back to doing this...

giphy.gif

BSc,

Yep. Guarantee you Kang felt like he was being accused of cheating in that moment. Not sure how it can be interpreted any other way when something is argued so vociferously and ends with a "I hope you can sleep at night" type comment.

Still didnt call him that to his face but he did so like a jaded 16 year old on twitter right after.Rules official saw it kangs way so at that point its case closed. it reeks of personal vendetta

"I'd rather be a questionable Tweeter than a damned cheater."

-Harry Vardon

BSc,

Dahmen will see exactly where he went into the pit though.

Well played. he will then proceed to remove his hat, shake my hand and skewer me on social media about the angle of my digging..

I'd say that I am surprised that this thread is still going without any new information, but that would be a lie. It's going exactly how I expected it to when I clicked to come in here.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

I'd say that I am surprised that this thread is still going without any new information, but that would be a lie. It's going exactly how I expected it to when I clicked to come in here.

I call bs.

Its way more entertaining than you expected ; )

I know right? you broke out rocky and drago pics, that says alot. All thats missing is you digging up trevino and watson quotes that are applicable to complete the circle! Hope youre having a good week

BSc,

Case is not closed. Rules official interpreted the rule, he did not "see it kangs way".

It's beginning to sound like you don't know jack sh!t about golf, so you keep carrying on with the whole macho, "in his face" comment. It's laughable.

BSc,

Case is not closed. Rules official interpreted the rule, he did not "see it kangs way".

It's beginning to sound like you don't know jack sh!t about golf, so you keep carrying on with the whole macho, "in his face" comment. It's laughable.

You've got that new poster adrenaline going 27 posts LOL... You're definitely mad.Welcome to my ignore list. It seems you cant handle opposing opinions, how sad.Have a good one