Joel Dahmen accuses Kang of cheating

schuyler

You've got that new poster adrenaline going 27 posts LOL... You're definitely mad.Welcome to my ignore list. It seems you cant handle opposing opinions, how sad.Have a good one

Please add me to that list so I stop getting baited into replying to your ridiculous arguments.

Youre a grown man, do it yourself. Free will is a great thing, exercise some before pretending that youre being "baited" into having a civil discussion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got that new poster adrenaline going 27 posts LOL... You're definitely mad.Welcome to my ignore list. It seems you cant handle opposing opinions, how sad.Have a good one

Please add me to that list so I stop getting baited into replying to your ridiculous arguments.

Youre a grown man, do it yourself. Free will is a great thing, exercise some before pretending that youre being "baited" into having a civil discussion.

I get it now.. You are a relative of Kang. Sorry, but your Uncle is a cheater.

I don't know if this was already posted, but this is a good read

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/07/03/sung-kang-alleged-cheating-incident-behind-scenes

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

BSc,

No it isnt no matter how much you want it to be. Its semantic passive aggressive pu@@y footing around. I would at least respect it if he did it to his face but he didnt. He ran to twitter to be an internet tough guy.

Dahman argued for 30 minutes. Another group had to be waved through...ON THE PGA TOUR. And your point is that he wasn't aggressive enough on the course? What?!?!?

Yep. Guarantee you Kang felt like he was being accused of cheating in that moment. Not sure how it can be interpreted any other way when something is argued so vociferously and ends with a "I hope you can sleep at night" type comment.

Still didnt call him that to his face but he did so like a jaded 16 year old on twitter right after.Rules official saw it kangs way so at that point its case closed. it reeks of personal vendetta

Unless Kang is a complete idiot then JD got the message across that he was accusing Kang of cheating. Even you I’m sure know that despite your insistence that you can’t put the dots together and I’m betting Kang understood that too.

http://www.golf.com/...t-behind-scenes

I don't know.... so what... all these people that are saying Kang "100% took the incorrect drop" also have a personal vendetta against Kang? It makes literally no sense. It seems to me they are calling it as they see it. That doesn't change what may be true.... Dahmen should have pushed harder if he really believed it was a bad move. Seems he may not have won his case anyway but I can see how it looks like he may have come across a little weaker than necessary. I do believe what he said to Kang, though, was calling him a cheater in his own way without being downright disrespectful.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Oh Oh!!! someones...

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

I don't know.... so what... all these people that are saying Kang "100% took the incorrect drop" also have a personal vendetta against Kang? It makes literally no sense. It seems to me they are calling it as they see it. That doesn't change what may be true.... Dahmen should have pushed harder if he really believed it was a bad move. Seems he may not have won his case anyway but I can see how it looks like he may have come across a little weaker than necessary. I do believe what he said to Kang, though, was calling him a cheater in his own way without being downright disrespectful.

Yeah not much more in there than what we already know. Dahmen clearly was pretty strong in the moment but at some point you have to let it go and let the RO make the call so that the round can be finished. I’m sure on reflection the anger over blatant cheating got to Dahmen and he cut loose on Twitter. Probably not how I would handle it but if it keeps Kang from pulling something like this again then it’s probably worth it.

BSc,

No it isnt no matter how much you want it to be. Its semantic passive aggressive pu@@y footing around. I would at least respect it if he did it to his face but he didnt. He ran to twitter to be an internet tough guy.

Dahman argued for 30 minutes. Another group had to be waved through...ON THE PGA TOUR. And your point is that he wasn't aggressive enough on the course? What?!?!?

Yep. Guarantee you Kang felt like he was being accused of cheating in that moment. Not sure how it can be interpreted any other way when something is argued so vociferously and ends with a "I hope you can sleep at night" type comment.

Still didnt call him that to his face but he did so like a jaded 16 year old on twitter right after.Rules official saw it kangs way so at that point its case closed. it reeks of personal vendetta

Unless Kang is a complete idiot then JD got the message across that he was accusing Kang of cheating. Even you I'm sure know that despite your insistence that you can't put the dots together and I'm betting Kang understood that too.

Seems to me that you still are not understanding the point. If dahmen runs to twitter and uses the word cheater then he should have used that word to his face period. No matter what histrionics or protests he used during the delay in waiting for the ruling he did not use that word which is the whole point. Had he used that word to his face as well i would have no issue. This isnt an opinion its a fact. if you cant accept the fact that he didnt use that word when he had ample opportunity to do so to his face then hes better off shutting his mouth on social media other than to diplomatically disagree with the ruling heck even repeat the line i have used many times before "if you can sleep at night". if an official let it stand which he did there is nothing you can do at that point other than play the round in protest and not sign the card which never happens. Lets not keep getting semantic.I was very clear that my problem with dahmen was what he said online not that he protested the drop. If this hasnt been made clear to you by now its best we leave it alone.

Heres the thing 3 out of the 4 are dhamens people. You should read up on projection of psychology. When you hear someone say something it influences you with inherit bias so you want to see something that might not be there. As if these guys are used to seeing tatooed 265 yard 3 woods to judge flights accordingly. Kang literally gained nothing.If he takes a drop at 200-220 he makes bogey at worse either way.He had to make a 18 footer just to save par as is. it smells fishy to me and Dahmens reaction online showed his cards in my opinion. Even the article calls it the C word because its that bad of a word.its actually fighting words objectively speaking on the course.

Were talking about a guy who won 2 million last year and almost won the houston open. not some journey man trying to keep his card. I like dahmen as a player as well but its the post round stuff i dont like. Dahmen was like 15-20 yards to his right yet was so certain.Something stinks. His over zealousness is what concerns me. Too much moral preening. i have no issue cheering for either of these 2 guys in the future.

Heres the thing 3 out of the 4 are dhamens people. You should read up on projection of psychology. When you hear someone say something it influences you with inherit bias so you want to see something that might not be there. As if these guys are used to seeing tatooed 265 yard 3 woods to judge flights accordingly. Kang literally gained nothing.If he takes a drop at 200-220 he makes bogey at worse either way.He had to make a 18 footer just to save par as is. it smells fishy to me and Dahmens reaction online showed his cards in my opinion. Even the article calls it the C word because its that bad of a word.its actually fighting words objectively speaking on the course.

Were talking about a guy who won 2 million last year and almost won the houston open. not some journey man trying to keep his card. I like dahmen as a player as well but its the post round stuff i dont like. Dahmen was like 15-20 yards to his right yet was so certain.Something stinks. His over zealousness is what concerns me. Too much moral preening. i have no issue cheering for either of these 2 guys in the future.

I respect your opinion, Lowheel, and I'm sure you'll respect mine. I think Kang is a cheater, and I love everything about the way Joel handled it. He tried to protect the field during that event, and, hopefully, did so for events to come.

I respect your opinion, Lowheel, and I'm sure you'll respect mine. I think Kang is a cheater, and I love everything about the way Joel handled it. He tried to protect the field during that event, and, hopefully, did so for events to come.

Exactly. I think Kang and maybe some other tour players will think twice about making a questionable drop.

$$$$

Unless Kang is a complete idiot then JD got the message across that he was accusing Kang of cheating. Even you I'm sure know that despite your insistence that you can't put the dots together and I'm betting Kang understood that too.

Seems to me that you still are not understanding the point. If dahmen runs to twitter and uses the word cheater then he should have used that word to his face period. No matter what histrionics or protests he used during the delay in waiting for the ruling he did not use that word which is the whole point. Had he used that word to his face as well i would have no issue. This isnt an opinion its a fact. if you cant accept the fact that he didnt use that word when he had ample opportunity to do so to his face then hes better off shutting his mouth on social media other than to diplomatically disagree with the ruling heck even repeat the line i have used many times before "if you can sleep at night". if an official let it stand which he did there is nothing you can do at that point other than play the round in protest and not sign the card which never happens. Lets not keep getting semantic.I was very clear that my problem with dahmen was what he said online not that he protested the drop. If this hasnt been made clear to you by now its best we leave it alone.

Why? So if a guy goes on and on to my face saying he saw me stab someone to death but never called me a murderer in the moment, then goes on Twitter when asked what the altercation was about and says “Clint murdered someone” he’s somehow a coward? That makes zero sense (and I truly don’t believe you think it adds up or matters either). Dahmen was clearly strong in the moment and Kang had to know what the accusation was. But I am fine with letting it go from here as it really is a bizarre and insignificant point to get hung on here when analyzing the situation as a whole (speaking for myself as well).

This isn't news. I didn't read the entire thread but I've posted about this topic countless times. Pros cheat on this aspect more than everything else combined. They take the most favorable interpretation imaginable and then imagine an even better one. For a long time I thought I was simply seeing more of it than others because I attended Doral all my life with so many water holes. But once I started attending other events it is every bit as blatant elsewhere.

JD must not have gotten that memo.

It's probably not the first time Kang has taken liberties in a tournament, now he will have more attention going forward.

you have no idea what kang has or hasn't done in the past.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

This isn't news. I didn't read the entire thread but I've posted about this topic countless times. Pros cheat on this aspect more than everything else combined. They take the most favorable interpretation imaginable and then imagine an even better one. For a long time I thought I was simply seeing more of it than others because I attended Doral all my life with so many water holes. But once I started attending other events it is every bit as blatant elsewhere.

It's probably not the first time Kang has taken liberties in a tournament, now he will have more attention going forward.

Or in the present. There is no concrete evidence that he even took a bad drop, let alone cheat.

Or in the present. There is no concrete evidence that he even took a bad drop, let alone cheat.

What is "concrete evidence"? There were plenty of eyewitnesses that back up JD's claim.

Oh Oh!!! someones...

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

I've been seeing her around a lot lately. :-)

It's comes down to character, there are people that can never do something like that and others that don't have to think twice about doing something like that.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

Oh Oh!!! someones...

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

That look like me when the waiter say,

"I'm so sorry, we just ran out of the octopus special"

There are those who swear Dahmen is correct, and those who swear Kang is correct.

There is only one person who knows who is correct, and that is Kang. Everything else is speculation. We can debate this until we a blue in the face, but I doubt if a satisfactory solution will result.

I haven't heard of any non anonymous sources supporting Kangs version.

Has someone stepped forward to support Kang?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

There are those who swear Dahmen is correct, and those who swear Kang is correct.

There is only one person who knows who is correct, and that is Kang. Everything else is speculation. We can debate this until we a blue in the face, but I doubt if a satisfactory solution will result.

I imagine the only people that are supporting Kang’s version at this point are those that did so right out of the gate before all of the information was out there and are just sticking to that position out of stubbornness. Which is fine, I’m sure we’ve all been there. As far as eyewitness accounts? No, no one has supported Kang. Where’s his caddy for example? If I was his caddy and my guy was getting roasted as a cheater unfairly I’d put out a statement saying “yeah, I saw what he (Kang) saw and stand behind the drop and the ruling”. Unless I’ve missed it, nothing like that has happened.

I imagine the only people that are supporting Kang's version at this point are those that did so right out of the gate before all of the information was out there and are just sticking to that position out of stubbornness. Which is fine, I'm sure we've all been there. As far as eyewitness accounts? No, no one has supported Kang. Where's his caddy for example? If I was his caddy and my guy was getting roasted as a cheater unfairly I'd put out a statement saying "yeah, I saw what he (Kang) saw and stand behind the drop and the ruling". Unless I've missed it, nothing like that has happened.

we could play this game all day. the 3 major "witnesses" are dahmen friends.You think theyre going against him? Why should Kangs caddie say anything? The only person that needs to support kang were the rules officials and they did.

Lets not forget Kang shot 64 Dahmen 71. Dahmen was 20 yards to the right when kang hit. these facts are inconvenient for those seeking conspiracy.At the time of the incident Kang was 3 under for the day and Dahmen was 4 over. It feels like he was overly sour and emotional hence acting like some jaded teen on twitter right after. i give Kang the benefit of the doubt because its such a small margin on the interpretation. The risk of doing what dahmen said he did is ridiculous. As i said previously this discussion is not to change anyones mind. People are already on one side arent budging and thats fine.My biggest problem with the situation is how grown men today cant keep stuff in the locker room or talk to each other man to man. If dahmen literally said on twitter " kang took a drop i objected to and we brought in a official to settle it. I didnt agree with the decision but its the officials call" none of this happens. Kang was very diplomatic when asked about Dahmens accusation. he was surprised because Dahmen never mentioned it again even after signing the card Kang said so he considered the matter closed. He said the pga reviewed it and gave him the green light and thats all that matters. The guy in my books has earned my benefit of the doubt because of his history and status on tour. youre free of course to believe dahmens version

Why? So if a guy goes on and on to my face saying he saw me stab someone to death but never called me a murderer in the moment, then goes on Twitter when asked what the altercation was about and says "Clint murdered someone" he's somehow a coward? That makes zero sense (and I truly don't believe you think it adds up or matters either). Dahmen was clearly strong in the moment and Kang had to know what the accusation was. But I am fine with letting it go from here as it really is a bizarre and insignificant point to get hung on here when analyzing the situation as a whole (speaking for myself as well).

You know exactly what youre doing and youre being semantic, pedantic and purposely obtuse. There is no point in continuing this back and forth since youre so invested in denying reality. Dahmen did not call him a cheater to his face. Kang is not american and english is his second language. If you trust he picked up Dahmens exact meaning from "if you can sleep at night" then why was he so surprised the day after that Dahmen would say such a taboo word? you know non native speakers dont get all or nearly any idiums/colloquial soliloquies right? listen to his interview to get a better grasp of his english. its possible that this is a misunderstanding between 2 grown men you know?

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2017/07/02/sung-kang-interview-after-round-4-of-quicken-loans-.html