Joel Dahmen accuses Kang of cheating

schuyler

I wonder how many times someone has been wrong about where he "felt" the ball crossed and actually dropped 200 yards back by "mistake".

Probably as many times as someone "felt" the ball crossed 200 yards back when it actually crossed 35 yards from the green.

I'm willing to bet the player who hit it in the hazard usually makes the "mistake" much closer to the green. I don't think the player who hit it in the hazard insists that it crossed 200 yards back very often when making this honest "mistake".

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No decent and honest human being would have done what Kang did. He cheated.

Congratulations. You have shown us all that you have a Master’s Degree in Justice, with a concentration in the Art of the Hung Jury. I propose a Gwrx craft beer and equipment summit where both can give TED like talks to clarify what they were thinking.

After due consideration, we’ll have a vote on everyone’s guilt. If we can’t all agree, we’ll just have to have a beer and hit some demo clubs. Things always seem brighter and better after a beer and a demo club.

No decent and honest human being would have done what Kang did. He cheated.

Congratulations. You have shown us all that you have a Master's Degree in Justice, with a concentration in the Art of the Hung Jury. I propose a Gwrx craft beer and equipment summit where both can give TED like talks to clarify what they were thinking.

After due consideration, we'll have a vote on everyone's guilt. If we can't all agree, we'll just have to have a beer and hit some demo clubs. Things always seem brighter and better after a beer and a demo club.

Its funny I can picture his smug self satisfied face as he was typing that... Some people are not students of history. he should probably google mccarthy and realize where that road takes us...

I wonder how many times someone has been wrong about where he "felt" the ball crossed and actually dropped 200 yards back by "mistake".

Probably as many times as someone "felt" the ball crossed 200 yards back when it actually crossed 35 yards from the green.

I'm willing to bet the player who hit it in the hazard usually makes the "mistake" much closer to the green. I don't think the player who hit it in the hazard insists that it crossed 200 yards back very often when making this honest "mistake".

I had to read this 9 times....still don't understand...

I had to read this 9 times....still don't understand...

I think they are saying it’s very convenient for a player to be in error about where a ball last crossed the hazard line and have that error be 200 yards in their favor versus the opposite.

Someone mentioned that everyone has an incentive to cheat, so are they all cheating. Well, no one is calling them all cheaters, so the benefit of the doubt goes to them unless there's an obvious scenario that calls into question the integrity of the ruling being made and eyewitnesses that run counter to the accused cheaters version of events.

Also saying the eyewitnesses don't matter is also questionable. I recall several occasions where fans call in to call to accuse people of cheating and then penalties assessed.

Drop has approved by a rules official, so Kang did not cheat.

Case closed.

Nope. Again: IF a hypothetical player lies to a rules official, and the official subsequently makes a ruling, the hypothetical player cheated.

So, not case closed.

Not saying Kang lied, but IF he did, he cheated.

Hypothetically I went to Pluto :superman:

Hypothetically I am dating Margot Robbie :taunt:

The subjectivity lies in both Dahmen and Kang's story.

No one can provide conclusive, objective evidence.

The rules official has made his decision, within the rules of golf.

The tournament is over. The players got paid. The media got their story.

Case closed.

That just way too easy for this forum. You know better than that. Teeheeheehee

You are right . It’s in the books.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Has anyone heard from Kang since the initial non response?

Several witnesses have come out and said his drop was correct....

His childhood friend Robert Yosang

Volunteer shotlink coordinator for Korea TV Michael Klang

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I bet the pga tour has a clip of it.

there was a camera tower on the back of the green all week.....so they should, right?

Kang was contending at the time too, was he not? So are we to believe that had Kang holed that shot out instead of hitting it into the water there would be no footage of that? Yeah seems like they would have to have it on tape wouldn’t it?

Not quite on topic but I went to the Tuesday practice round at the John Deere Classic. As I was leaving, Sung Kang and Charlie Wi were teeing off on # 9. I stopped and overheard them discussing a young player with a wild backswing and crazy clubhead speed. I asked, are you guys talking about Matthew Wolff? Simultaneously, Kang answered no and his caddie answered yes. Lol

Not quite on topic but I went to the Tuesday practice round at the John Deere Classic. As I was leaving, Sung Kang and Charlie Wi were teeing off on # 9. I stopped and overheard them discussing a young player with a wild backswing and crazy clubhead speed. I asked, “you guys talking about Matthew Wolff� Simultaneously, Kang answered no and his caddie answered yes. Lol

I watched Wolf during the NCAA's. Yes, very unorthodox swing, yes, hits it long, and yes, he can flat out play.

Not quite on topic but I went to the Tuesday practice round at the John Deere Classic. As I was leaving, Sung Kang and Charlie Wi were teeing off on # 9. I stopped and overheard them discussing a young player with a wild backswing and crazy clubhead speed. I asked, are you guys talking about Matthew Wolff? Simultaneously, Kang answered no and his caddie answered yes. Lol

both Matthew Wolff and Sung Kang get lessons from George Gankas

Not quite on topic but I went to the Tuesday practice round at the John Deere Classic. As I was leaving, Sung Kang and Charlie Wi were teeing off on # 9. I stopped and overheard them discussing a young player with a wild backswing and crazy clubhead speed. I asked, ⤽you guys talking about Matthew Wolff� Simultaneously, Kang answered no and his caddie answered yes. Lol

I watched Wolf during the NCAA's. Yes, very unorthodox swing, yes, hits it long, and yes, he can flat out play.

Wolff has Mickey Wright's swing, just more mechanical.

It makes sense since Wolff has big hips.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

So, what you are saying is Kang is not only probably a cheater, but certainly a liar?

stirthepot.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Dahmen playing really well this week again. He made a bunch of birdies and got it up to tied for second place with a 65.....They barely mentioned it on the broadcast but on the 13th tee he made a citizen's arrest of a jaywalker on a peripheral street, and then later called out a little girl for copying off someone else's math homework

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

there was a camera tower on the back of the green all week.....so they should, right?

Kang was contending at the time too, was he not? So are we to believe that had Kang holed that shot out instead of hitting it into the water there would be no footage of that? Yeah seems like they would have to have it on tape wouldn’t it?

Yep. I think the video will show clearly that one of the them was wrong, so the Tour will never release it.

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

Yep. I think the video will show clearly that one of the them was wrong, so the Tour will never release it.

^^^^^^^^^^This!!!!

I would guess the only reason to suppress it is that Kang's drop really was bad and they want to protect their image. No reason to suppress it if Kang's drop was good. Right?

$$$$