Wilson - Seriously!!! ( Quiver Stand Bag Review )

OK,

Wilson seems to still catch a lot of flack around here for some reason but I wanted to take the time to let people know that they are both alive and well and also - making really great golf bags too.

Long story short:

I went out looking for a new "Sunday" bag, initially looking for something like a Jones or a PING MoonLite ( both amazing golf bags BTW ) but while having a conversation with the golf store employee - a job I once had as a younger man, I was asked "Have you seen the new Wilson Carry Bag?" I being someone who does not frequent golf stores to often, or ever really looked at Wilson bags basically EVER - since I never found them appealing back when I used to work in a big box golf store ( a decade ago ) so I politely replied "no".

Then he pulls out the Wilson Quiver:

WOW, Such a nice little golf bag perfectly built for the task!!

Great top dividers, Super Light ( WITH A STAND ), comfy Straps, and a "hoofer - like" bottom. This is a big win for me since I have always been and continue to be a massive fan of PING bags. Since the patent ran out and PING ( from all my accounts ) choose not to renew is the reason you see so many versions of that system out now. I should also mention it was only $100 BUCKS ( Canadian - so thats like $27 USD - could be wrong there ) but you get the idea LOTS of value especially considering what I've seen similar bags sell for.

I'm VERY picky when it comes to golf bags as one of my previous reviews makes very clear:

http://www.golfwrx.c...-with-pictures/

NOTE: Still own the Above Mizuno bag and LOVE it, just wanted to find a smaller one for those quick nines ( and lets be honest new stuff is just sometimes fun too )

I have walked and used this bag as a test on my Caddytek cart a couple times already and I cant say enough great things about it. Pockets in the right place and not too many of them, straps work really well and easy to adjust, can easily hold a full set - I use std size grips and bigger ones may cause a problem. Stand pops out well, molded handle at the top is sturdy and easy to grab.

This bag is an absolute winner 100%, You WILL not find a new bag at this price at this quality from any other company as far as I am concerned.

ONLY Negative and until proven right its not actually a negative, the fabric is very light and I worry it might not have the overall durability for the long run but so far Its amazing - just want to do my best to present both the pros and cons of the product.

Pictures below, if you have any other questions just ask.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Ping L8 got a makeover! I'd love that bag

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Thanks for the review. I started a topic on the mid bag vs the 2.5+ to which there was only 1 reply. I really like the looks of the Quiver. For $99 it should be great. Thanks again!

You can get it cheaper than that if you look around. Rock bottom golf had this for $67.99 at one point, and they currently have it at 79.99 (as do a few others). Nice looking bag.

Seems like this is meant to compete with the Sun Mtn 2.5+ and similar bags. Based on the pics, I see where the 2.5+ has several advantages (water bottle pocket, zippered spine pocket, attachment points of straps, 4 full length dividers), though it may not be worth the extra cost for some. If you carry a lot and an ultralight will be your primary bag, then the 2.5+ is difficult to beat. Cost is the only con I see.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Looks like the Ping L8 got a makeover! I'd love that bag

yeah you are right thanks-- for some reason I thought it looked familar

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Seems like this is meant to compete with the Sun Mtn 2.5+ and similar bags. Based on the pics, I see where the 2.5+ has several advantages (water bottle pocket, zippered spine pocket, attachment points of straps, 4 full length dividers), though it may not be worth the extra cost for some. If you carry a lot and an ultralight will be your primary bag, then the 2.5+ is difficult to beat. Cost is the only con I see.

The Pocket on the spine is for a water bottle- holds a full 2l large bottle, and there is a full zipper pocket down the length of the bag. Dividers are full length but not totally separated.

The Straps are very good on the Wilson - Like I said before, it has to be easy to put on and comfy because I'm traditionally a PING bag guy and if any bag is not up to snuff, I wont buy - That simple. As other have said, very L8 like

I know it's a small thing but that top handle looks really sweet!

Might go check it out today after the Open coverage is over...

Option 1
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
Adams MB2 GW
Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2"]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2[/url]

Thank you for the review. I am really interested in this bag. I have two questions I hope you don’t mind answering, does it come with a rain hood, and have you used it on a cart (riding)? Thanks again, Z.

Yes it comes with a rain hood.

I have used it for both riding in a cart and also using my push cart.

Riding in a cart is no problem, but it does move around a bit because the base of the bag is small but beyond that there are no issues and you loose no access to any of the pockets.

I agree Wilson seems to be regularly overlooked. I'm in the market for a new lightweight carry bag at the moment (I walk pretty much always) and after looking at all of the big guys I think I'm going to pull the trigger on an Ionix SL. It's crazy light without compromising structural integrity and looks pretty sharp to boot.

• 3 months later...

ONLY Negative and until proven right its not actually a negative, the fabric is very light and I worry it might not have the overall durability for the long run but so far Its amazing - just want to do my best to present both the pros and cons of the product.

How did this work out for you this year? I just picked up the same bag after reading your review on it. Did it hold up well to the rigors of use?

How did this work out for you this year? I just picked up the same bag after reading your review on it. Did it hold up well to the rigors of use?

So far so good since this review.

It became my go to bag only for the reason that most of my rounds late summer were just a quick nine walking - but I also used it on my push cart at least a half a dozen times too. It still looks and acts new and I don't "baby" my gear.

Going into 2019 this will certainly be something I will continue to use.

So far so good since this review.

It became my go to bag only for the reason that most of my rounds late summer were just a quick nine walking - but I also used it on my push cart at least a half a dozen times too. It still looks and acts new and I don't "baby" my gear.

Going into 2019 this will certainly be something I will continue to use.

Glad to hear it! Later on in the summer my most common round was exactly the same, and carrying a regular bag with 14 clubs became murder on my back and shoulders.

I recently picked up a TM Flex Tech bag for carting.

• 10 months later...

> @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> Now a year on, how did the durability hold up? My local shop is blowing these out right now and I just want to know how many seasons I can expect out of one. I don't want it to be disposable, if you know what I mean?

Still have it, still love it. I have it in my main bag rotation with a couple others but it has seen a lot of action, from carrying, pushcarts, and riding carts and it had stood up to everything. Still the best value bag in golf in my opinion

> @tobybear said:

> > @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> > Now a year on, how did the durability hold up? My local shop is blowing these out right now and I just want to know how many seasons I can expect out of one. I don't want it to be disposable, if you know what I mean?

>

> Still have it, still love it. I have it in my main bag rotation with a couple others but it has seen a lot of action, from carrying, pushcarts, and riding carts and it had stood up to everything. Still the best value bag in golf in my opinion

Can you get 14 clubs into it?

Edit: well I could get them in and I bought the bag. Thanks for the review!

• 3 months later...