2018 LPGA KEB Hana Bank Championship Oct 11-14

Argonne69

Awesome win by In Gee, nice couple weeks for her.

She was due, such a beautiful swing.

I just saw that feed that showed In Gee in tears, think his one meant a lot to her.

I am so happy for her.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Gee Chun is the most beautiful golfer in the world. Talking about looks, and swing, jack. When you factor in swing, there is no argument, don't even try. In Gee's swing is unparalleled beauty. Amy Yang's swing obviously is one of the wonders of the golf world, but that is more of a technical masterpiece. In Gee's swing is beautiful form suffused with feminine grace, wide-eyed optimism, hope for humanity etc. When she watches the ball in her follow thru, to me it looks like she is also gazing into a better future, for you and me.

When In Gee wins she does not grind it out, nor back in, nor win ugly. No, in each of her three glorious wins, she has galloped home on a majestic, translucent steed, cutting an effortless swath through the golf course with shafts aflame.

Really great to see her grab the win. Maybe it was my mistake - they didn't show the interview, but they did show her welling up after the win. We were so happy for her watching that. Made us forget our terrible round this morning. But her hair's growing back, she's had a great 2 weeks, all is right in the world again...

I saw the chip in on 13, but her clutch long distance putt on 16 was key too. Great final bunker shot by DK, but the shot of the day had to be the one the spectator got from that deer/antelope/demigorgon on the green early in the broadcast!

Well, this Flying Dumbo couldn't be happier. What a great two weeks for In Gee. She put a new putter in the bag a few weeks ago, and it's really paying off. Two rounds of 65, and a putting average of 25 for the week. That's more like it. Her putter has been really holding her back, as she's always been a solid ballstriker. She was solid scrambling as well this week. 'Sorry, but she doesn't need to be a cold assassin. Her interaction with the fans is fantastic, and she can certainly win and keep an angelic smile on her face. Her post round interview brought a tear to my eyes as well. When she came on tour there were high expectations, but a combination of injury, and illness kept her from repeating the success she had on the KLPGA. 'Hopefully this is the start of a solid run.

Sheesh. I thought I was watching a demolition derby. Besides In Gee, only two players that started in the top 7 managed to break 70, In Gee and Sung Hyun. It seems players were taking on a few too many risks. The greens seemed to speed up, and a number of players three putted after running the ball well past the hole.

Nice week for Charley. 'Great up and down on the 18th to lock in a solo 2nd.

'Nice final round by Jin Young to rocket up to 7th. Seon Woo Bae followed up her KLPGA win last week with another solid performance, finishing T8.

It's a pity the tour won't be back at the course next year. It's a solid test of golf.

Once again, kudos to Mother Nature for playing nice, and to all the fans that came out. Korea certainly needs at least one more tournament on the schedule.

The only downer of the week was the edited coverage. One minute they're covering the 5th hole, and the next they're on the 14th. We didn't get a chance to see In Gee's charge. With more than 12 hours delay, they simply must do a better job slicing the round together.

1052105732-1024x1024.jpg

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Well, this Flying Dumbo couldn't be happier. What a great two weeks for In Gee. She put a new putter in the bag a few weeks ago, and it's really paying off. Two rounds of 65, and a putting average of 25 for the week. That's more like it. Her putter has been really holding her back, as she's always been a solid ballstriker. She was solid scrambling as well this week. 'Sorry, but she doesn't need to be a cold assassin. Her interaction with the fans is fantastic, and she can certainly win and keep an angelic smile on her face. Her post round interview brought a tear to my eyes as well. When she came on tour there were high expectations, but a combination of injury, and illness kept her from repeating the success she had on the KLPGA. 'Hopefully this is the start of a solid run.

Sheesh. I thought I was watching a demolition derby. Besides In Gee, only two players that started in the top 7 managed to break 70, In Gee and Sung Hyun. It seems players were taking on a few too many risks. The greens seemed to speed up, and a number of players three putted after running the ball well past the hole.

Nice week for Charley. 'Great up and down on the 18th to lock in a solo 2nd.

'Nice final round by Jin Young to rocket up to 7th. Seon Woo Bae followed up her KLPGA win last week with another solid performance, finishing T8.

It's a pity the tour won't be back at the course next year. It's a solid test of golf.

Once again, kudos to Mother Nature for playing nice, and to all the fans that came out. Korea certainly needs at least one more tournament on the schedule.

The only downer of the week was the edited coverage. One minute they're covering the 5th hole, and the next they're on the 14th. We didn't get a chance to see In Gee's charge. With more than 12 hours delay, they simply must do a better job slicing the round together.

1052105732-1024x1024.jpg

Is it a certainty this event is Kaput for the BMW in Busan. All year long we've heard of an additional event in Asia not a replacemnt but those were just rumors.

IN GEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I knew she could do it! Last week wasn't just a fluke! No better feeling than a turn around after a bad spell. And the perfect place to do it.

It's so great to see someone gentle win.

Seems like there should be a lot of interest in this new putter. "Fix my putting" is like the holy grail most everyone hopes to find.

Alright Argonne, how much for a Dumbo hat?? So happy for her!

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Hunh, you confused me at first, but I see. I wasn't talking about anyone else, or saying any other winners weren't. I was saying that I love In Gee's friendly attitude, and I'm always happy to see when that outlook can win.

Legit used up the entire quota for high-flown fancy prose this page, so I can only work with the few inarticulate ramblings I have at my disposal...

I do hope we get a few more of the Asian swing events broadcast in the prime time in the U.S. This one was tough. It sucks having to avoid spoilers for over 12 hours.

Watching the replay. Great scoring!

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

I do hope we get a few more of the Asian swing events broadcast in the prime time in the U.S. This one was tough. It sucks having to avoid spoilers for over 12 hours.

Agreed, I found it tough to keep up with the event even for a diehard like me and once I knew the scores I found it even harder to wanna watch the tape delayed airing. I watched the first two rounds on a stream and had a hard time finding a stream for the last two rounds so I honestly missed much of the weekend play.

This IMO is the paradox with Mike Whan as commish, he's done a great job of getting sponsors and adding a full compliment of events to the tour but everything he's (LPGA) done for TV viewers and consumers of the product (like events rulings) has been severely lacking for me. Sadly for me this is the rub. players will like Whan cause more events means more money, but consumer like me will be dissatisfied cause it actually take's a little work to follow this tour week in and week out. So you need fans to grow and keep sponsors happy but never knowing when and where you can watch the event can be a challenge for the casual viewers.IMO unless you are at the event engaging with the girls or even considering the actual play of the players, the LPGA fails pretty miserably on what it does for media exposure for the tour itself. In the end I think Whan has to man up and stand up to the Golf Channel but I doubt that will ever happen, better to be tape delayed 12 hours after the round than have you product viewed live, that's pretty bush league IMO.

I'm curious if it costs more to air the event live from 9 pm (CDT) to 2 am (CDT) than it does to run in tape delayed during the early afternoon. Yeah, it's prime time, but it's the Golf Channel. I would expect more viewers in the early afternoon.

What the heck is going on here. I am a huge luddite but I still managed to enjoy all four rounds streamed live via NBC Sports app on the Apple Tv. Somehow it was ad-free to boot.

Lol. Love my women's golf, but my own rounds have priority. With early morning tee times, and their associated pre-dawn alarm clocks, there's just no way I'm going to watch a live feed until the wee hours of the night. On top of that there's no fast forward.

I like the lead commentator during the Asian swing, the Australian guy. (No idea what his name is.) For starters he is good at pronouncing names (except Hataoka maybe) properly. Big respect for that alone. But aside from that he knows his stuff, is passionate about LPGA golf, and does not deal in the same stupid and repetitive narratives and half-fictions that the GC staff all parrot like idiots. His accent is extra-Australian (i.e. annoying) but I can live with it. With this guy at the mic it feels more like watching sports and less like programming aimed at girls under 10 years old.

I like the lead commentator during the Asian swing, the Australian guy. (No idea what his name is.) For starters he is good at pronouncing names (except Hataoka maybe) properly. Big respect for that alone. But aside from that he knows his stuff, is passionate about LPGA golf, and does not deal in the same stupid and repetitive narratives and half-fictions that the GC staff all parrot like idiots. His accent is extra-Australian (i.e. annoying) but I can live with it. With this guy at the mic it feels more like watching sports and less like programming aimed at girls under 10 years old.

Yeah, who is that guy? Him, Stups, Kay, and Foltz are my preferred, no offence to the others. Now I'm going to rack my brain all day trying to remember his name.

I believe it's Peter Donegan, along with Kate Burton. Alison Whitaker is the on-course reporter.

I would happily watch LPGA golf in preference to any of the mens' tours,at 66 I've seen a lot of golf but the ladies play the game as it was meant to be played with enjoyment and a smile and watching them perform I find an uplifting experience,where else would you see players applauding an opponent as Ariya did Charley Hull yesterday?

In Gee was terrific,not surprised at her welling up it's been a tough fortnight and she (and the others) must be absolutely drained mentally especially having to perform in front of home fans who obviously expected great things.

I think congratulations are due to the LPGA for the quality of the golf played,the incredibly high standard of behaviour of the players and the choice and setup of courses.

As an older man I'm guilty of being critical of new courses (I hated Golf National) but who can be critical of Evian-les-Bains (awesome!) or the two Jack Nicklaos courses recently used.

This week was tough,the UL Crown was,I thought,perfect for matchplay golf and was amazing,much,much closer than appeared on paper.

Commentary team have been excellent,I see Karen Stupples has followed the blonde trend,was it a 'job lot'?!

Deep joy and long may it last!

Michelle Wie hits 9 fairways and 13 greens and shoots 4 over. How?

33 putts? No blow up holes, but six bogies. I wish the tour published scrambling stats. It would appear that she failed to get up and down on her 5 missed greens, and three putted at least one green (in reg).

Danielle Kang could have a point to prove to the selectors of the IC USA team here. They would rather risk an injured MW? with no leadup form to Danielle with some average leadup form. Still MW has superstar status on the LPGA and would attract more attention! I guess there was never a chance MW would stand down for the sake of the teams chances....

We are getting 5 hours of continuous commercial free coverage on Sky Sport here every day.....probably see a little more of Lydia today.

Well the IC team was not "selected". it was set off world ranking at the conclusion of KPMG so MW earned her spot