RECAPS: The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience. GolfWRX Members visit Titleist World Headquarters!

> @getair23 said:

> > @wmblake2000 said:

> > These reviews have me re-thinking Titleist balls. I have never been able to figure out how to choose a ball - my ss is 90 ish (I’m 67) - distance is a big deal. sometimes I think low spin, sometimes I think high spin. Can any of you who went thru the tour there suggest among pro-v, pro-vx and avx? I did the Titleist ball selector thing and depending on my mood I got all three options recommended. I’d love to go to a Titleist ball fitting but don’t see any in SoCal on the calendar.

>

> I would get a sleeve of each ball and hit different shots into the green and see which launch angle, distance, and spin/release helps you score the best. Then do a similar test with different wedge shots you typically play. All 3 balls will be great off the tee with a driver.

Yeah, that's what I had pretty much concluded... thx

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I have been playing the newest yellow prov1s and it has been pretty stellar.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @getair23 said:

> AVX is a great ball. It launched a little too low for me on shots into the green, but is exceptional for tee shots.

I agree. It bombs out there on tee shots and cuts through the wind great. I've noticed the lower launch as well. 9 iron shots I hit a couple times today looked more like 7 irons.

• Like 1

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I have loved everything about the yellow ProV1's. Being the only guy in my group to play yellow makes it easy to distinguish who's who plus maintaining the flight, feel and performance I've liked from the ProV1 for years. Above and beyond that, I just used one to hit my longest ever drive (GPS recorded) on July 4th at 347 yards. (#PassiveBrag)

• Like 1

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @518TitleistX said:

> I have loved everything about the yellow ProV1's. Being the only guy in my group to play yellow makes it easy to distinguish who's who plus maintaining the flight, feel and performance I've liked from the ProV1 for years. Above and beyond that, I just used one to hit my longest ever drive (GPS recorded) on July 4th at 347 yards. (#PassiveBrag)

Is it the yellow ProV1 or the 60 yards between your ball and theirs that makes it easier to find?

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

> @jokerusn said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > AVX is a great ball. It launched a little too low for me on shots into the green, but is exceptional for tee shots.

>

> I agree. It bombs out there on tee shots and cuts through the wind great. I've noticed the lower launch as well. 9 iron shots I hit a couple times today looked more like 7 irons.

>

They figured the spin characteristics on the AVX, V1, and V1x out pretty perfectly. Each ball launches in a very distinct window on iron shots, and behaves as described once they land.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @jokerusn said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > AVX is a great ball. It launched a little too low for me on shots into the green, but is exceptional for tee shots.

> >

> > I agree. It bombs out there on tee shots and cuts through the wind great. I've noticed the lower launch as well. 9 iron shots I hit a couple times today looked more like 7 irons.

> >

>

> They figured the spin characteristics on the AVX, V1, and V1x out pretty perfectly. Each ball launches in a very distinct window on iron shots, and behaves as described once they land.

Yes indeed. I wasn't always a titleist ProV fan but I really like the current ball. Does what it says it does consistently. This current product cycle is killing it for them across the board.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

> @getair23 said:

> > @518TitleistX said:

> > I have loved everything about the yellow ProV1's. Being the only guy in my group to play yellow makes it easy to distinguish who's who plus maintaining the flight, feel and performance I've liked from the ProV1 for years. Above and beyond that, I just used one to hit my longest ever drive (GPS recorded) on July 4th at 347 yards. (#PassiveBrag)

>

> Is it the yellow ProV1 or the 60 yards between your ball and theirs that makes it easier to find?

i play with a couple guys that can move it out there pretty well also, so as much as id like to think its the distance between us, its realistically the yellow.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @getair23 said:

> I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

>

Gratz!

• Like 1

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> >

>

> Gratz!

Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

• Like 3

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > >

> >

> > Gratz!

>

> Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

• Like 2

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> >

>

> Gratz!

I really like the new yellow prov1.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Gratz!

> >

> > Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

> That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

>

Hope my kids outdrive me someday. It's like the greatest and worst moment all wrapped into one.

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Gratz!

> > >

> > > Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

> > That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

> >

>

> Hope my kids outdrive me someday. It's like the greatest and worst moment all wrapped into one.

It really is. The first time he did it, he was 13. He's built like a SAM linebacker now, but then it was all speed. He took the ball over the trees on a course in NC and it was still rising when it cleared them. That kid hit it 10 yards past me. I was mad and proud at the same time.

• Like 1

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > > > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Gratz!

> > > >

> > > > Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

> > > That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

> > >

> >

> > Hope my kids outdrive me someday. It's like the greatest and worst moment all wrapped into one.

> It really is. The first time he did it, he was 13. He's built like a SAM linebacker now, but then it was all speed. He took the ball over the trees on a course in NC and it was still rising when it cleared them. That kid hit it 10 yards past me. I was mad and proud at the same time.

>

With only daughters, I wont have this problem until I well old. At that point it won't matter. haha.

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @tbowles411 said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > > > > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Gratz!

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

> > > > That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

> > > >

> > >

> > > Hope my kids outdrive me someday. It's like the greatest and worst moment all wrapped into one.

> > It really is. The first time he did it, he was 13. He's built like a SAM linebacker now, but then it was all speed. He took the ball over the trees on a course in NC and it was still rising when it cleared them. That kid hit it 10 yards past me. I was mad and proud at the same time.

> >

>

> With only daughters, I wont have this problem until I well old. At that point it won't matter. haha.

But they'll also be able to drive you to the course so you can tell stories and putt! :)

• Like 1

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > > > @getair23 said:

> > > > > > > > I was also liking the yellow Pro V1 yesterday. Driained one from the fairway on 1 for eagle. The best part was that I was playing with my son. Who now thinks I'm a total legend!

> > > > > > > > ksrdajhl43c9.jpg

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Gratz!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thank you! Having my son there made it 100 times better. We were going crazy when it went in.

> > > > > That's awesome. I hope I can do something like that with my kid watching. All I get to do is watch him outdrive me! LOL

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hope my kids outdrive me someday. It's like the greatest and worst moment all wrapped into one.

> > > It really is. The first time he did it, he was 13. He's built like a SAM linebacker now, but then it was all speed. He took the ball over the trees on a course in NC and it was still rising when it cleared them. That kid hit it 10 yards past me. I was mad and proud at the same time.

> > >

> >

> > With only daughters, I wont have this problem until I well old. At that point it won't matter. haha.

> But they'll also be able to drive you to the course so you can tell stories and putt! :)

>

True. My 8 year old loves going golfing. She does not play but likes to ride around in the cart and hang out.

• Like 2

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Played Titleist for years. Didn't get the new version in the spring. Was gonna wait until Dec. Just ordered 2 dozen personalized Pro V1 because of the info in this thread. Thanks for the in depth look.

• Like 1

[size=3]Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5° TENSI BLUE 67g 6/17/19
Srixon Z F85  fwy 13.5°, 18° HZRDUS 6.0 62g 9/15/19
TaylorMade M4 Hyb 22° 4/1/19
Honma  T // World Rose Proto 5-10 iron
 N.S. PRO MODUS 3 TOUR 120  S 8/8/19
Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 [/size]
[size=3]3/7/19
TaylorMade Mill Grind 50° 07/17/18, TaylorMade Mill Grind 54° 4/12/19, TaylorMade
Mill Grind 58° 07/17/18
Titleist ProV1x Grips Golf Pride Z-Grip cord align midsize Glove FJ Pure Touch Limited L
Callaway Epic Star [/size]
[size=3]staff bag
Titleist Players 4 stand bag
Jan Craig headcovers
Adidas Tour 360 Boost 2.0[/size]

> @Drewmiller07 said:

> @518TitleistX will have to be on his deathbed before his kids out drive him.

Damn straight! Haha we had a great grouping at Metacomet and it frustrated me to no end when I got out-driven. Went out and bought the driver setup I was fit for at Manchester Lane. I have hit some of the longest drives of my life since. 461yd par4, had 124 left to pin, then a 540yd par5, had 193 left to the stick. Game ON.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Congrats! That's awesome!

Congratulations on getting married! I think this is the first time I’ve seen you without a hat on.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Thanks! I played 18 at Cape Cod Country Club the morning of the wedding. Played like total hot garbage. Hit 2 fairways all day, yet still ended the day feeling like a million bucks.

• Like 3

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

> @jokerusn said:

> I've been trying the AVX lately - playing with my dad in an alternate shot tournament and he plays them so I've practiced with them. It is LONG. It's easily a whole club longer than the ProV I normally play but it does not spin even off a wedge. I get tons of roll out which has me adjusting my approach to the green and leaves me with longer putts usually. It's not going to be my normal ball but it certainly feels good off the club and a great ball for scrambles.

I played the avx for a brief moment before the trip. After the fitting, I found that ball was no where near made for me haha, but like you, I saw a slight increase in distance especially with my mid to low irons, but I had no spin for the greens. Prov1x has been my ball since this event with the occasional Qstar tour when the proshop doesn't carry titleist or if I am feeling cheap haha.

• Like 1

Forever Changing at this point.......

Congratulations on the wedding! Next time you're in Mass we should get out and play.

A little update. I've been playing the V1 Yellow since the trip. I actually have trouble finding it sometimes because the leafy little underbrush at my home club is bright green/yellow. Performance has been great and consistent. As more and more people start to cut open golf balls on social media and you see how off-center a lot of the competitor's cores are I start to really think the V1 justifies the price. I've lost a bunch and hit some really horrible shots but I've yet to have one that really peels off the planet like I was used to seeing every couple rounds.

My TS4 should arrive today to battle the G400 Max so the cult of Titleist is starting to really take hold. I'm looking to switch out my irons (Mizuno MP 18 SC) this fall too and will give the new T200s a good look.

How's the TS4? I finally got to see one in person. It sets up beautifully behind the ball.

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I haven't even taken the wrapper off the TS4. I had a 2 day event last weekend. Played the best golf of my life. This is probably the longest stretch of golf that I've played the same exact ball. The consistency is seriously making a difference. One of the formats was alternate shot and luckily we both played the ProV. I was talking to another player who played a ProV and his partner played another ball and he remarked he had to adjust to the other ball because it would be like a flyer into the green; a full club difference on an iron shot.

• Like 1

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @getair23 said:

> > Thanks, I had a blast talking with Hip Check and Knudson. Great people behind the scenes at WRX. I haven't listened yet, I'm afraid of getting the D-chills at the sound of my own voice.

> Hip is a great dude. Known him for years. And he didn't pay me to say that! LOL

>

:lol: Oh so valid a statement!!!

Yeah, Great people there. I was also asked to partake in the trip, but I was out of town during that time for work, and finally found some time to get caught up on the results of the trip (which was last month, yes, I'm behind). See, I only live 20 min away... and it would have been great to go on the trip (I work with an engineer that used to work there), and still sleep in my own bed (my wife probably would have had to pick me up after the pub crawling, and could have given some insights where to go too. Sorry guys.) Also, having played Metacomet a few times, I'd had been thrilled to have been a caddie.

That said, I went on the Callaway tour a couple years ago to the Chicopee Plant (Where they make the Chrome Softs), and I'm miffed at missing this great opportunity to have compared their production to Titleists - after reading many of the not-so-subtle hints in this thread. Much of the Cally tour is *still* fresh in my head and a great compare/contrast would probably shed some light on a few things here and there, if you know what I mean.

Anyhoo, any GWRX trip is a fantastic time. Just keep in touch with one another. You never know when you're going to be in the area and meet up... And 518? Congrats!!! :)

--kC

• Like 1

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*