RECAPS: The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience. GolfWRX Members visit Titleist World Headquarters!

> @"Big A HG" said:

> Welp, I just read all 11 pages of this (for some reason I missed it when it was relevant).

>

> First, I'm totally jealous of all that were able to attend. Thank you for the great write-ups and photos! It makes it very clear that Titleist cuts few to no corners, and in this day and age of trying to pinch every penny to earn extra cash, that means a lot in my opinion. Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to win a trip out there as well! That practice facility and short game area with the pot bunkers is insanely cool. I've now envisioned a completely new home I'd like to buy one day, just so I can build something similar in the backyard.

>

> Second, I've pretty much exclusively played Pro V1s since near their inception. Once in a blue moon I'll chase a deal and play something different, but always revert back. Recently, I was given a four-pack demo box of two TP5s and TP5Xs. I really didn't care for the Xs, but I actually enjoyed gaming those two TP5s and decided to purchase a dozen from a mom and pop shop an hour away. If I could, I'd return them immediately and buy a dozen more ProV1s like I always have after reading this thread. Reading between the lines, it sure seems like Callaway and TaylorMade are the two biggest culprits in the QC (or lack thereof) department. Now, every shot I play I will be questioning if erratic ball flights are the ball or me, especially when I have two-way miss going. Just to play devils advocate, for all we know, we could go to a ball plant of another manufacturer and they could lay out similar results that include Titleist.

>

> I'd be curious to see or hear about Titleist's equipment manufacturing as well. I'd guess that they go through the same rigorous standards...my guess would be a definite yes. After modernizing my bag over the last year, which included phasing out a few (not all!) of my old, trusty Titleist clubs, I'd be curious to give a closer look to their clubs than I have lately as well.

I'm not positive that Callaway and TM were the biggest culprits. There is a lot of less than perfect golf ball manufacturing around the world. A great deal of quality control comes down to having control of your own process and quality inspection. Not everyone that sells golf balls, big and small companies, own their own ball manufacturing sites. A lot of golf ball manufacturing is contracted out. Making it difficult to know what exactly is making it to the consumer.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

> @518TitleistX said:

>

> Handicap has dropped to a 1.6 since this trip and I "Won" a local club championship this weekend, putting the 2019 Yellow ProV1 in play for all 36 holes.

> (3rd gross, 1st place Net after shooting 76/74, Then going to a playoff for the net trophy which I won on 2nd playoff hole)

> h2e58gfyvxhs.jpg

>

well played sir.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Solid year Travis, with 4 months to go! Titleist trip, got married, and won club championship!

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

May potentially have had the driver i was fitted for at Manchester Lane put together. (now shown in signature)

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @getair23 said:

> > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @tbowles411 said:

> > > > > > I'm actually excited for the left dash ProV1x!

> > > > >

> > > > > Really, it does not seem to fit many players. What about it are you excited for? Huge distance off the tee?

> > > > The low spin off the driver. I can get along with both versions of the ProV1 and the X. I love the AVX but it flies too low. The thought of high launch and low spin should "hopefully" do nicely.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I don't think the Left Dash is going to be high launch. Somewhere between AVX and Pro V1 with a softer feel than the AVX. I would definitely like to see how these preform on approach shots.

> >

> > Interesting. I am just regurgitating what I read. I know "high launch" is all relative to something else. I am curious as well. would love to try it. Although, I tend to need spin, not take it off.

>

> For me, the side spin kills me on those off center shots. High right is the miss. That's where the AVX earns it's money for me. I just wish it flew higher, and that's where the left dash is supposed to be from everything I heard.

Exactly what I'd be looking for also. I love the reduction in side spin on the AVX off the driver, but it seems like the AVX is at least a club shorter on my 7-PW than the V1 (or Chrome Soft). If the left dash fixes all of that? Sign me right up.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

> @Drewmiller07 said:

> https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/9/3/callaway-investing-50-million-into-its-ball-plant-after-****-exposes-issues

>

> Someone tag that choach from earlier in the thread. The one who was clearly a callaway fan.

Can't open it without editing the link. Part of the text in the hyperlink is blocked out. There must be an offending site name in there! LOL

But this is what you get when you're not in charge of your processes from start to finish. They cut TWO balls to find that one. TWO.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I think it is pretty cool that OEM's are aware of the influence of internet forums. $50mm is a lot of money. I wonder what the majority of that investment will be spent on, equipment, people, etc..

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> I think it is pretty cool that OEM's are aware of the influence of internet forums. $50mm is a lot of money. I wonder what the majority of that investment will be spent on, equipment, people, etc..

That's one of the reason GolfWRX was ahead of it's time back in the day. I can remember quite a few threads where OEMs made changes or introduced equipment based on recommendations and input from golfers. When we went to one of the first TaylorMade sponsored events a number of us made inputs on the old TP Red. Basically to bring the old ball back or to not make wholesale changes because it just worked. If we gave a bad review they flipped the flip out. I was asked to review some Adams gear one time and I played this set for a month. When I was done I was honest...and they didn't like it. I made multiple inputs and I had to basically sanitize to have it not be so bad. I don't even remember what the gear was now, but that was when they were having multiple problems and before TM bought them out.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @Drewmiller07 said:

> > https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/9/3/callaway-investing-50-million-into-its-ball-plant-after-****-exposes-issues

> >

> > Someone tag that choach from earlier in the thread. The one who was clearly a callaway fan.

> Can't open it without editing the link. Part of the text in the hyperlink is blocked out. There must be an offending site name in there! LOL

>

> But this is what you get when you're not in charge of your processes from start to finish. They cut TWO balls to find that one. TWO.

>

One word, that other forum, called "M*G***S**"

--kC

• Like 1

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

> @Drewmiller07 said:

> I just thought it was hilarious the guy in this forum was defending them so religiously, then this comes out.

>

> It’s not like they paid us, we were just sharing what we saw.

I hate the term "fanboy." I really do. That said, I don't get why people defend equipment so ferociously. They're tools. Nothing goes perfect all the time. People make mistakes and stuff happens. But this is a real example of why Titleist, Srixon and Bridgestone control the entire process from start to finish. Can it happen? Sure. Has it? You bet. You hear of a ProV1 going bad, and they want that ball back immediately. They want to know where in the process it went wrong. We had a customer blow out a V1x (previous version). When they got that single ball back, they sent our customer a box for free. It was pretty cool actually.

> @tbowles411 said:

> > @Drewmiller07 said:

> > I just thought it was hilarious the guy in this forum was defending them so religiously, then this comes out.

> >

> > It’s not like they paid us, we were just sharing what we saw.

> I hate the term "fanboy." I really do. That said, I don't get why people defend equipment so ferociously. They're tools. Nothing goes perfect all the time. People make mistakes and stuff happens. But this is a real example of why Titleist, Srixon and Bridgestone control the entire process from start to finish. Can it happen? Sure. Has it? You bet. You hear of a ProV1 going bad, and they want that ball back immediately. They want to know where in the process it went wrong. We had a customer blow out a V1x (previous version). When they got that single ball back, they sent our customer a box for free. It was pretty cool actually.

>

Had something similar happen with a Tour Soft, the ball had spikes along the seam from the casing coming together, tagged titleist and got sent a box to return the ball In as well as a sleeve of tour softs.

q4u13oy5xp14.jpg

• Like 1

way to go travis!!! I have mine end of this month. ALthough playing non handicapped division so im sure I will not win.

Ive said it a few times throughout here haha. There is a reason why the only balls I will play (well buy I guess) are titileist prov1/1x and srixon q star when I need a cheaper option. Im glad callaway is going to invest more to fix their operation, but at the same time, even if they had better outcomes, they don't have a ball for me. The chromesoft is too soft for me. I like the firmness of the x.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Old Titleist ad from the 30's. Wonder what social media thought of off-center cores 80+ years ago?

kv5s0oivcajx.png

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Few of us from the trip attempted to qualify for the NYS mid-am out of the Albany region on Thursday morning. Nick, Matt and I all went off. They were taking top 12 and ties out of 34 entrants. Nick and Matt played solid but unfortunately did not make the cut. I shot 73 and made it thru to the mid-am at Tuscarora Country Club on 9/27-9/29. Needed to shoot 76 or better to qualify and there were alot of real solid players who just missed out.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @518TitleistX said:

> Few of us from the trip attempted to qualify for the NYS mid-am out of the Albany region on Thursday morning. Nick, Matt and I all went off. They were taking top 12 and ties out of 34 entrants. Nick and Matt played solid but unfortunately did not make the cut. I shot 73 and made it thru to the mid-am at Tuscarora Country Club on 9/27-9/29. Needed to shoot 76 or better to qualify and there were alot of real solid players who just missed out.

Was definitely a great start for my first tournament in 8 years, could have easily shaved off 5 strokes due to poor off the tee performance, but got one of my favorite positions of not DFL. Irons were pretty on point after struggling early season, definitely signing up for the capital district tournament on the 28th!

• Like 1

my club championship is the 28/29th. Was trying to get some customs (well just number) done up, but unfortunately not even Eric could help me out haha. He did give me a good idea though which will get my what I want and a unique way to mark my ball so it won't be confused by others (although since it is going to be yellow, I dont think that will be an issue).

working hard playing though. Got my cap down from about a 9.5 during the trip to a 6.7, so itll still be a long shot for me (playing the gross division due to sandbagging issues in the net division), but Im confident I won't come in dead last haha.

• Like 1

I heard someone else won their club championship playing the Pro V1.

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

I retired my first ball last week. 11 rounds until I could noticeably tell the difference in performance with the new prov1. Even on round 11 the driver was still in the 290-310 carry range. The place where I noticed was off the irons, it just felt different and went a fair amount shorter. Spin around the greens never changed after round one. I generally can tell spin on the greens changes after a few holes anyway. Mostly because I never wash the ball.

Honestly, I absolutely hate the prov1. I don’t like the softness of it. But results prevail.

> @Drewmiller07 said:

> I retired my first ball last week. 11 rounds until I could noticeably tell the difference in performance with the new prov1. Even on round 11 the driver was still in the 290-310 carry range. The place where I noticed was off the irons, it just felt different and went a fair amount shorter. Spin around the greens never changed after round one. I generally can tell spin on the greens changes after a few holes anyway. Mostly because I never wash the ball.

>

> Honestly, I absolutely hate the prov1. I don’t like the softness of it. But results prevail.

You played 11 rounds with 1 ball?

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @getair23 said:

> > @Drewmiller07 said:

> > I retired my first ball last week. 11 rounds until I could noticeably tell the difference in performance with the new prov1. Even on round 11 the driver was still in the 290-310 carry range. The place where I noticed was off the irons, it just felt different and went a fair amount shorter. Spin around the greens never changed after round one. I generally can tell spin on the greens changes after a few holes anyway. Mostly because I never wash the ball.

> >

> > Honestly, I absolutely hate the prov1. I don’t like the softness of it. But results prevail.

> You played 11 rounds with 1 ball?

>

That is correct.

> @getair23 said:

> > @Drewmiller07 said:

> > I retired my first ball last week. 11 rounds until I could noticeably tell the difference in performance with the new prov1. Even on round 11 the driver was still in the 290-310 carry range. The place where I noticed was off the irons, it just felt different and went a fair amount shorter. Spin around the greens never changed after round one. I generally can tell spin on the greens changes after a few holes anyway. Mostly because I never wash the ball.

> >

> > Honestly, I absolutely hate the prov1. I don’t like the softness of it. But results prevail.

> You played 11 rounds with 1 ball?

>

Even as good a player he is you know has to be a wide open course ?

Pulled one left off the second hole yesterday. Teed up another one and kept going. I’m usually pretty stoked playing 11 holes with 1 ball. 11 rounds is insane, good work!

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

> @Drewmiller07 said:

>

> > Even as good a player he is you know has to be a wide open course ?

>

> Courses in pinehurst. There was one point where I let a group pass while I was searching to get it back.

haha i know. Pretty similar to courses here. just giving you some stuff. Great job!