RECAPS: The 2019 Titleist Pro V1 Experience. GolfWRX Members visit Titleist World Headquarters!

Still totally bummed out that I wasn't able to go and had to give up my spot. Glad to see you guys are having a blast!!!

I want some of those pink X-out Pro V!!!

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

looks like an absolute gem of a course. I should have asked one of you to get me a ball mark. Was Brad there? I believe he bought the course a few years ago.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Wanted to recap a little while I’m here at the airport waiting for my flight.

Day 1:

Arrived into providence and was going to take the bus to the hotel, but found out hipcheck wasn’t too far behind me so I decided to wait until he got there and just ride with him.

Arrived at the hotel and it was water front and not too shabby. Found a great welcome gift from titleist waiting for me which was an awesome touch.

dxvk76mcsxnt.jpeg

Few of the other guys were already there so we went downstairs to meet up and hangout after a long travel day. Went to a spot named moby dicks. Taco Tuesday! The final batch of guys met us there and we got to hang out for a good bit until the place closed (10ish?) went to find another bar, it was not our scene and left pretty quick haha. Found rose alleys just down the road from the hotel and it was a good time. Hipcheck and I got left behind at some point haha and we ended up making our way home around 1 or so. Overall a good day. Nice to meet some new people and just shoot the breeze.

99uev95ji83s.jpeg

19eqknyydp3l.jpeg

391gxx1l1074.jpeg

x311113nyafr.jpeg

Day 2:

Woke up real early not feeling too hot after a long night :) but got downstairs and got some breakfast and ibuprofen in me. Eric and June from titleist arrived to pick us up with fancy badges and soccer mom vans ?. Loaded up the gear and on to the custom shop.

The custom shop was crazy fun. They go through a lot of checks and processes to make sure your custom ball is printed with quality and precision, not only to make the customer happy, but to ensure the playability isn’t impacted. They test/trialed a bunch of different paints and stamps/thicknesses to get this right. They take every possible step to makes sure what you get, is what you want. They do a ton of visual checks as well with high standards before the ball is allowed to be packed.

t46e28xvuipo.jpeg

68l4yz3h017s.jpeg

jl2h0du1f9r8.jpeg

After the custom appetizer, we headed to R&D where we met the team that not only designs their ball, but also tests their ball and other oems to compare and contrast the insides and quality. I can’t remember the exact numbers but Nate looks at something like 35-70,000 golf balls during the year ?. I know that’s a big range of estimated balls haha but I am trying to remember all the crazy statistics I was told and I may mix some of them. After our time with Nate, it is very safe to say that I won’t be putting my trust in many other golf balls on the market. I can’t go into super specifics, but it wasn’t just him telling us rhetoric or bias opinion. He physically showed us why the other participants and I have come to that decision. The great thing about him, Derrick, and the other R&D guys, they did their best to not feed us Bs. Answers were always with detailed facts that they would back up with a demonstration or test they had performed. Nate probably has the best job ever haha.

After the R&D tour, we had some lunch (yum), we headed out to Manchester lane. A freaking awesome area where they do a lot of their ball testing as well as fittings (pros and public). This place is like a dream come true to anyone wanting a practice facility. Comes with two indoor hitting bays with doors that can open up for the robot testing. Several trackmans, a range, 100 yard putting green, a short game area/par 3 hole, a par 4 hole and a long drive alley. We got split up into 4 groups with 4 areas to go. A ball fitting, prototype ball testing, aerodynamic discussion, and equipment testing/fitting.

ayxlpv8qfkb9.jpeg

4k59tbybc8hs.jpeg

apd01bvbi3ld.jpeg

blcjszs8zrqz.jpeg

8hh69dkqow09.jpeg

I was fit into the prov 1x. I needed more height and more spin. Also found out I swing a little faster than I thought I did, but i need a driver fitting haha. The aerodynamic station was fun. Got to see how dimples help flight and how a ball with uneven dimples (yes they have found balls out there being brought to market with uneven dimple depths due to lack of Quality Control) affects flight.

After station fun, we had some skills challenges. Putt from 75 or 80 yards (can’t remember exact as I’ve heard both from participants this week haha), a 55 yard pitch to a ridiculous tucked pin, and then a 370 or so par 4 with again, a tough hole location.

I won the long putt with a distance of 6 ft 6 inches, hit my pitch to around 12 feet (best was 6 ft 8 inches which is insane haha) and then a disastrous hole making a 7 after a ball into the woods ??‍♂️. Best score on the hole was a par (1 of 7). There were two 7s, one 6 and three 5s The hole ended up being my undoing as with just the distance measurements it was a close race between about 4/5 of us. Due the triple I was 4 th overall. ??‍♂️ play better next time haha.

I was pretty spent by the end of it. Probably hit around 75-80 shots with 50 of them or so being driver haha. Time to leave though and off to dinner by the harbor. Good food, had to have the lobster which didn’t disappoint. Brought the potatoes home with me (that’s for hipcheck). Went out to a dive bar and we found out it was karaoke night where smooth Al and another elderly gentleman serenaded us into the night.

plvmps93s0c0.jpeg

0i773b0017a9.jpeg

0wxg7rf3s8e7.jpeg

25qm3nnedykq.jpeg

gbv8c3xckqwm.jpeg

Day 3:

Another early rise for me but had to pack everything up. Had a quick bite and headed off to Ball Plant 3.

blqxn0osapkk.jpeg

z7ujdwradkkd.jpeg

ars5k05awbr5.jpeg

fcf1fp6zflpc.jpeg

Here they make the prov1, prov 1x, and the AVX. Down the road in ball plant 2 is where the DT, tour soft, pinnacle, etc are made. Ball plant 4 is over seas in Thailand which is basically a direct replica of 3 to better provide for the market across the world. Again, lots of stuff we can’t go into detail here, but if you are in the area of New Bedford, call the plant and schedule a tour of it. It’s freaking awesome. They do roughly (and hip or other participants please correct me if I’m wrong on this number) 70 million dozen packs of golf balls a year.... using raw materials and precision tools to ensure the best ball is provided to its customers. Again, like the custom building, they have several check stations in order to keep QC high. One of the coolest things I saw at this place? Was the fact that the employees seemed genuinely happy to be there. Average tenure is 21.6 years. Met a woman on the way out heading into work that had been there for 40 this coming August. She started at age 19 and has been there since. They have a list of long term people. She was number 19 with almost 40 years of experience. The number one employee was at 65 years!!! Haha. 40 years of experience for that lady and she had just barely broken into the top 20. Pretty cool.

After ball plant, we headed to the course after a fun message from brad faxon himself. Ate lunch which was good, and went out to play. Unfortunately for me, I had to quite after 9 due to travel plans. The course is pretty unique. Old Donald Ross type. Would have love to finish out the 18 but alas wasn’t meant to be.

I had a heck of a time. Picked up some cool swag and learned a great deal. Thank you so much WRX and Titleist. Hope y’all continue this great event so other people can experience it.

Note: my pictures are having trouble uploading over the WiFi on the plane. I’ll finish uploading when I get to the next airport.

• Like 3

Forever Changing at this point.......

Impressive I must say. I keep trying out all kinds of balls, but that would make me switch to Titleist too once you see the process from start to finish.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Unteachable said:

> did you guys find the prov1 to spin less than the v1x off the driver?

For me yes. Not a ton, but yes it was lower spinning. Worth to mention as well though, titleist will not fit you into a ball based off of driver info. The majority of decision is based off of you typical 7 iron and a partial wedge shot around 50 yards.

Found the OG 392 on the course. Weird.

cd85mnb3x7fa.jpeg

So I put in play on 11. Great drive, approach to 15 feet or so.

zo79dxq3x9pj.jpeg

qf37jn9rbae8.jpeg

Of course I missed the birdie because I putted like Stevie Wonder today, but solid par. I switched from AVX to 2019 Pro V1 for the rest of the round. Think I might go permanently. Such a good ball.

• Like 3
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

> @Unteachable said:

> did you guys find the prov1 to spin less than the v1x off the driver?

Without a doubt the V1 is lower spin off driver than X

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @Go_Time said:

> TXG had the 2018 X lower spin than the regular ProV.

>

> What did/do the Titleist staff say about it?

Thatd be incorrect. V1x launches higher with more spin. V1 is lower launch and spin.

• Like 1

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

> @Go_Time said:

> TXG had the 2018 X lower spin than the regular ProV.

>

> What did/do the Titleist staff say about it?

Wasn’t aware of those results they saw so I did not ask and as far as I can recall the 2017 ball was marketed similar as the current one with the x spinning more and flying higher.

> @518TitleistX said:

> > @Go_Time said:

> > TXG had the 2018 X lower spin than the regular ProV.

> >

> > What did/do the Titleist staff say about it?

>

> Thatd be incorrect. V1x launches higher with more spin. V1 is lower launch and spin.

Agreed, haven't seen the txg video, but guarentee the 19 v1x was spinning and launching higher across the board, which helps my game immensely.

What a great experience and recap guys, Thanks.

This thread must have inspired me as I had my first Hole in One today and a PB round of 82. All of course with the Prov1x

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

> @"Carolina Golfer 2" said:

> What a great experience and recap guys, Thanks.

> This thread must have inspired me as I had my first Hole in One today and a PB round of 82. All of course with the Prov1x

>

Congratulations!!!! If you haven't, send Titleist an email about that. I'm sure you wont regret it :)

• Like 1

> @Dreadzombie said:

> Finally home, have a scramble at 9am tomorrow at Orchard Creek a cousin of mine asked me to sub in for, sometime to clean the clubs!

>

> More of a total trip write up later!

>

> z6y6vrwmpcuf.jpg

>

>

>

Luckily. I’m still freaking flying. My initial flight boarded on time, but we got delayed on the tarmac for almost an hour. Took the long way due to weather. Rushed to the next gate to not miss my flight to charleston. Oiy

> @Go_Time said:

> > @518TitleistX said:

> > > @Go_Time said:

> > > TXG had the 2018 X lower spin than the regular ProV.

> > >

> > > What did/do the Titleist staff say about it?

> >

> > Thatd be incorrect. V1x launches higher with more spin. V1 is lower launch and spin.

>

> Watch the videos yourself. Believe Rick Shiels saw the same.

I will have to look that up. That’s interesting. Not saying you or they are mistaken but everyone during ball fitting saw the 1x spinning more and flying higher. Hence why only two of us were fit to it haha.

A solid source ... CPG ... says the range balls there are x-outs and have stripes painted on them. The stripes are white .... so hard to notice if hungover

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @Go_Time said:

> > > @518TitleistX said:

> > > > @Go_Time said:

> > > > TXG had the 2018 X lower spin than the regular ProV.

> > > >

> > > > What did/do the Titleist staff say about it?

> > >

> > > Thatd be incorrect. V1x launches higher with more spin. V1 is lower launch and spin.

> >

> > Watch the videos yourself. Believe Rick Shiels saw the same.

>

>

> I will have to look that up. That’s interesting. Not saying you or they are mistaken but everyone during ball fitting saw the 1x spinning more and flying higher. Hence why only two of us were fit to it haha.

Right. Not saying you guys are wrong either, which is why I was curious if they said anything.