2019 LPGA Q-School

18majors

The deadline for entry to Stage II was back in August. However, the LPGA money list doesn't get finalized until the conclusion of the VoA on October 6th. I assume that if a player thinks they're going to be near the bubble (#150 and ties), they need to register for Stage II, and will get a refund if they move into the top 150, or have their payment automatically applied to Q-Series if they fail to move into the Top 100?

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

> @fredogolfer said:

>

> Is Sweden possibly the most over-represented country on the LPGA based on the population?

Lol. 8 players with a population of 10 million (1 per 800,000).

Actually, I believe Iceland wins the award with 1 player with a population of only 338,000.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Q-Series criteria includes the Top 75 in the World as of August 12th. I count 18 players on the JLPGA and KLPGA that are eligible. At this point I haven't heard anything about any of them giving it a shot.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Q-Series criteria includes the Top 75 in the World as of August 12th. I count 18 players on the JLPGA and KLPGA that are eligible. At this point I haven't heard anything about any of them giving it a shot.

The entry deadline is October 8 after Symetra Tour concludes on Sunday October 6.

All 19 players are either KLPGA or JLPGA; neither encourages exodus from their kingdoms.

Lucky 6 was the only one last year. Yealimi Noh could've sneaked into top 75 either on September 23 or October 7, but that's Christmas comes too late for her.

Rebecca Lee-Bentham, qualified from Stage I to Stage II, did very well against men in Canadian PGA tour.

- The third female to ever play in a Mackenzie Tour event, Rebecca Lee-Bentham came within one stroke of making the cut, making birdie on her final hole to post a second-round 69 on the near 7000-yard course.

This is a remarkable result; speaking volume of the caliber of players who'll slug it out at Stage II.

[https://pgatour.com/canada/en_us/news/2019/09/06/mueller-pendrith-share-lead-round-2-mackenzie-investments-open.html](https://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us/news/2019/09/06/mueller-pendrith-share-lead-round-2-mackenzie-investments-open.html "https://pgatour.com/canada/en_us/news/2019/09/06/mueller-pendrith-share-lead-round-2-mackenzie-investments-open.html")

> @18majors said:

> Stage II is a good predictor of future stardom, especially those who finished inside top 10.

>

> 2015: Nelly Korda (1), Megan Khang (3), Yu Liu (10)

> 2016: Bronte Law (2), Angel Yin (3), Hannah Green (10)

> 2017: Georgia Hall (1)

> 2018: Too early to tell

There are 6 wins total among those seven players. You left out Gaby Lopez from the 2015 list. She finished 9th, and has 1 win. The remaining players in the 2015 top 10 have struggled to keep their cards, or have lost them. 'Same with 2016, 2017, and 2018.

Of the 40+ players in the top 10 for the past four years, fewer than 10 have a card for the 2020 season at this point. I would not call that a good predictor.

> @Argonne69 said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Stage II is a good predictor of future stardom, especially those who finished inside top 10.

> >

> > 2015: Nelly Korda (1), Megan Khang (3), Yu Liu (10)

> > 2016: Bronte Law (2), Angel Yin (3), Hannah Green (10)

> > 2017: Georgia Hall (1)

> > 2018: Too early to tell

>

> There are 6 wins total among those seven players. You left out Gaby Lopez from the 2015 list. She finished 9th, and has 1 win. The remaining players in the 2015 top 10 have struggled to keep their cards, or have lost them. 'Same with 2016, 2017, and 2018.

>

> Of the 40+ players in the top 10 for the past four years, fewer than 10 have a card for the 2020 season at this point. I would not call that a good predictor.

>

>

>

I's looking for predictor of stars, not players who retain their cards.

Another way of looking at it; players who're in 2019 top 30 official money and who've joined LPGA since 2017:

Ex-KLPGA members not included

Nelly Korda (9)

Hannah Green (10)

Nasa Hataoka (15)

Celine Boutier (20)

Yu Liu (22)

Angel Yin (24)

Bronte Law (29)

Five out of the seven were captured by Stage II top 10 list.

Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

> @18majors said:

> This is a heart warming story; go Haley, get your LPGA card and show the world who you're!

>

> Haley Moore's GoFundMe has surpassed $30,000 goal

> “You’re a beautiful person both inside/out,” wrote Jeremy Rogers after making a donation to Haley’s cause. “I have a high school golfer with Asperger’s and it’s hard for him to be accepted by his peers. Keep inspiring all of us to reach for the stars and don’t ever ever give up!”

> [https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/](https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/")

>

This might sound weird but her story, IMO, is also such a sad statement about Tour sponsors. She has absolutely earned the right to try and gain her card through sponsors exemptions but I don’t think any if not very few came her way. I can’t help but feel if she looked like the Korda’s (Nothing against them at all) or the more attractive girls she would have had a couple of chances.

Oh well. Would love to see her earn her card to either tour and play her way on. One girl I will root for.

• Like 1

> @18majors said:

> Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

>

> 1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

> 2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

> 3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

> 4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

> 5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

> 6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

> 7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

> 8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

> 9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

> 10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

I take it that it's in no particular order? ?

> @mallrat said:

> > @18majors said:

> > This is a heart warming story; go Haley, get your LPGA card and show the world who you're!

> >

> > Haley Moore's GoFundMe has surpassed $30,000 goal

> > “You’re a beautiful person both inside/out,” wrote Jeremy Rogers after making a donation to Haley’s cause. “I have a high school golfer with Asperger’s and it’s hard for him to be accepted by his peers. Keep inspiring all of us to reach for the stars and don’t ever ever give up!”

> > [https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/](https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/ "https://golfweek.com/2019/09/05/golf-haley-moores-gofundme-surpassed-goal/")

> >

>

> This might sound weird but her story, IMO, is also such a sad statement about Tour sponsors. She has absolutely earned the right to try and gain her card through sponsors exemptions but I don’t think any if not very few came her way. I can’t help but feel if she looked like the Korda’s (Nothing against them at all) or the more attractive girls she would have had a couple of chances.

>

> Oh well. Would love to see her earn her card to either tour and play her way on. One girl I will root for.

I totally agree with you! Haley has quietly worked hard to get where she is -- and I suspect that she would like to continue going about her "business" quietly! I will be rooting for her to qualify!??

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

> >

> > 1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

> > 2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

> > 3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

> > 4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

> > 5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

> > 6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > 7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > 8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

> > 9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

> > 10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

>

> _______________

> I take it that it's in no particular order? ?

> @"Golf Dino" said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

> >

> > 1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

> > 2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

> > 3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

> > 4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

> > 5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

> > 6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > 7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > 8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

> > 9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

> > 10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

>

> _______________

> I take it that it's in no particular order? ?

No, nobody is good enough to split the hairs.

Shin Ae Ahn and the Greek tale of Sisyphus:

Ahn Shin-ae participates in JLPGA QT in November "I want to play in Japan next year"

![](https://t1.daumcdn.net/news/201909/10/sportalkr/20190910172855565bevj.jpg "")

[https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190910172853928](https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190910172853928 "https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190910172853928")

> @18majors said:

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

> > >

> > > 1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

> > > 2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

> > > 3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

> > > 4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

> > > 5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

> > > 6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > > 7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > > 8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

> > > 9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

> > > 10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

> >

> > _______________

> > I take it that it's in no particular order? ?

>

> > @"Golf Dino" said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Players likely to finish top 10 at Stage II:

> > >

> > > 1. Bianca Pagdanganon: Stage I medalist

> > > 2. Yuka Saso: JLPGA Pro Test medalist

> > > 3. Yealimi Noh: Solo second at Cambia Portland Classic

> > > 4. Weiwei Zhang: won consecutive titles last two weeks at China LPGA

> > > 5. Lucy Li: went 10-0-0 at Polo Golf Junior Classic and the Wyndham Cup

> > > 6. Albane Valenzuela: finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > > 7. Andrea Lee: semi-finalist at US Women's Amateur

> > > 8. Rebecca Lee-Bentham: shot a -3 round at a Canadian PGA Tour

> > > 9. Frida Kinhult: top NCAA women's golfer in 2018

> > > 10. Wenbo Liu: T2 at 2018 Buick LPGA Shanghai

> >

> > _______________

> > I take it that it's in no particular order? ?

>

>

>

>

> No, nobody is good enough to split the hairs.

I'm just hoping that the first two you mentioned advance to the Final stage right now (eg one step at a time) and eventually get their LPGA card after the last stage, but again one at a time :) Along with Haley, Clariss (who's registered for Stage 2 I see)... The others I will of course follow but you guys already know my biases :)

Sierra Brooke outplayed Frida Kinhult -6 to -1 at Cougar Classic held at Hanahan, South Carolina.

Sierra has already played Stage I; she's advanced to Stage II.

[results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742](http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742 "results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742")

> @18majors said:

> Sierra Brooke outplayed Frida Kinhult -6 to -1 at Cougar Classic held at Hanahan, South Carolina.

> Sierra has already played Stage I; she's advanced to Stage II.

>

> [results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742](http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742 "results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742")

>

>

Sierra seems to be getting a lot of media (print and tv) coverage ever since she got back from her injury. Her results have been solid for the most part, but is it me or is it because she fits the "Paula Creamer girl of golf" image to be interviewed and get a lot of coverage (relatively speaking) for the most part (examples: extra interviews on USGA, Augusta Women's Amateur, etc)? Don't get me wrong, she was definitely on the up and up prior to injury etc.... Again, more a question or maybe an incorrect observation? not too sure...

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Sierra Brooke outplayed Frida Kinhult -6 to -1 at Cougar Classic held at Hanahan, South Carolina.

> > Sierra has already played Stage I; she's advanced to Stage II.

> >

> > [results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742](http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742 "results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742")

> >

> >

> Sierra seems to be getting a lot of media (print and tv) coverage ever since she got back from her injury. Her results have been solid for the most part, but is it me or is it because she fits the "Paula Creamer girl of golf" image to be interviewed and get a lot of coverage (relatively speaking) for the most part (examples: extra interviews on USGA, Augusta Women's Amateur, etc)? Don't get me wrong, she was definitely on the up and up prior to injury etc.... Again, more a question or maybe an incorrect observation? not too sure...

>

Sierra Brooks is the chosen, no doubt about it.

She's 30,300 Instagram followers; more than most LPGA tour players.

However, I"d be surprised if she matches Paula Creamer's career of one major and 10 wins.

> @18majors said:

> > @Newinup said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Sierra Brooke outplayed Frida Kinhult -6 to -1 at Cougar Classic held at Hanahan, South Carolina.

> > > Sierra has already played Stage I; she's advanced to Stage II.

> > >

> > > [results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742](http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742 "results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=player&tid=18742")

> > >

> > >

> > Sierra seems to be getting a lot of media (print and tv) coverage ever since she got back from her injury. Her results have been solid for the most part, but is it me or is it because she fits the "Paula Creamer girl of golf" image to be interviewed and get a lot of coverage (relatively speaking) for the most part (examples: extra interviews on USGA, Augusta Women's Amateur, etc)? Don't get me wrong, she was definitely on the up and up prior to injury etc.... Again, more a question or maybe an incorrect observation? not too sure...

> >

>

> Sierra Brooks is the chosen, no doubt about it.

> She's 30,300 Instagram followers; more than most LPGA tour players.

> However, I"d be surprised if she matches Paula Creamer's career of one major and 10 wins.

>

>

good to hear that my mind and observation skills are not deteriorating! and yes, i don't know her game as well as Bianca's, Yuka's and some other Asian based players but it does seem the coverage is a tad overboard even in relation to Paula's (who as you correctly pointed out, has already achieved to merit coverage) :)

Q-Series is treated like a regular Symetra Tour event; albeit an event that lasts 2 weeks and 8 rounds.

It offers a purse of $150,000; similar to most Symetra Tour events.

[file:///C:/Users/chuan/Downloads/2019_qseries_fact-sheet_final_091119%20(1).pdf](file:///C:/Users/chuan/Downloads/2019_qseries_fact-sheet_final_091119%20(1).pdf "file:///C:/Users/chuan/Downloads/2019_qseries_fact-sheet_final_091119%20(1).pdf")

• 2 weeks later...

Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

[https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

Yuka Saso, more than Bianca Pagdanganon, is determined to turn pro ASAP.

She's not representing the Philippines in South Eastern Asian Games Women's golf scheduled on December 4-8 due to a conflict with JLPGA's final qualification stage. Bianca, on the other hand, will represent the Philippines.

Yuka, however, is named the first alternate. That way, she'll be eligible to represent the Philippines if she qualifies for LPGA earlier in November and she'd forgo the JLPGA qualification.

[https://philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate](https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate "https://philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate")

> @18majors said:

> Yuka Saso, more than Bianca Pagdanganon, is determined to turn pro ASAP.

> She's not representing the Philippines in South Eastern Asian Games Women's golf scheduled on December 4-8 due to a conflict with JLPGA's final qualification stage. Bianca, on the other hand, will represent the Philippines.

> Yuka, however, is named the first alternate. That way, she'll be eligible to represent the Philippines if she qualifies for LPGA earlier in November and she'd forgo the JLPGA qualification.

>

> [https://philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate](https://www.philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate "https://philstar.com/sports/2019/09/20/1953509/arevalo-takes-last-seag-golf-spot-saso-alternate")

>

>

Bianca has always been a) country first, b) education (let's graduate from university first) first and c) "i love the game of golf first" kinda girl. for her, the" golf career can take a step back for now" is her attitude. mentioned in the past that her goal is truly to play at augusta for the love of the game/mystique of the course/golfers dream. i believe this holds true to today.

I'm sure she isn't counting "the chickens before they are hatched" but i am keen to see how she'll decide if she qualifies for a full LPGA tour card. the SEA games is not the problem, my concern as i had mentioned already to people close to her is whether there's enough weeks for her to play the full LPGA -- if she defers until after playing in Augusta (if she gets her card, hence fingers crossed). again, let's take one day at a time and i do agree that Yuka is already hell bent on turning pro (like yuka is 99.999999999% turning pro LOL)

> @18majors said:

> Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

> Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

>

> [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

Yuka stayed at -2 and T6 after round 2; Weiwei is +3 and T23.

Yuka is 5 shots behind the leader; she's two more rounds to climb the ladder.

[https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/")

> @18majors said:

> > @18majors said:

> > Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

> > Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

> >

> > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

>

> Yuka stayed at -2 and T6 after round 2; Weiwei is +3 and T23.

> Yuka is 5 shots behind the leader; she's two more rounds to climb the ladder.

>

> [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/")

Yuka is -1 and T6 after round 3; Weiwei is +7 and T23.

> @18majors said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

> > > Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

> > >

> > > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

> >

> > Yuka stayed at -2 and T6 after round 2; Weiwei is +3 and T23.

> > Yuka is 5 shots behind the leader; she's two more rounds to climb the ladder.

> >

> > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/")

>

> Yuka is -1 and T6 after round 3; Weiwei is +7 and T23.

Yuka shot -3 in final round to finish as a co-medalist at -4; Weiwei failed to qualify, she's +11 and T24.

> @18majors said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

> > > > Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

> > > >

> > > > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

> > >

> > > Yuka stayed at -2 and T6 after round 2; Weiwei is +3 and T23.

> > > Yuka is 5 shots behind the leader; she's two more rounds to climb the ladder.

> > >

> > > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/")

> >

> > Yuka is -1 and T6 after round 3; Weiwei is +7 and T23.

>

> Yuka shot -3 in final round to finish as a co-medalist at -4; Weiwei failed to qualify, she's +11 and T24.

There's Yuka's fallback "worst case scenario" right into fruition... No more Georgia Bulldogs for 2020... (unless she gets injured of course -- but then again, that can happen to any player... she's a lock for at least the JLPGA at this rate with only 4 rounds in Q3 and her easily beating competition in rounds 1 and 2 - and she is extremely familiar with Japan, for obvious reasons - half jap, played in Japan so many times already, can speak the language etc etc etc)

> @Newinup said:

> > @18majors said:

> > > @18majors said:

> > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > @18majors said:

> > > > > Ten days before Stage II, Yuka Saso and Weiwei Zhang are warming up at JLPGA's Pro Test Stage II.

> > > > > Yuka is -2 and T5 and Weiwei is +1 and T23 after round 1.

> > > > >

> > > > > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/1/")

> > > >

> > > > Yuka stayed at -2 and T6 after round 2; Weiwei is +3 and T23.

> > > > Yuka is 5 shots behind the leader; she's two more rounds to climb the ladder.

> > > >

> > > > [https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/](https://www.lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/ "https://lpga.or.jp/qualify/pt/2019/9021/leaderboard/2/")

> > >

> > > Yuka is -1 and T6 after round 3; Weiwei is +7 and T23.

> >

> > Yuka shot -3 in final round to finish as a co-medalist at -4; Weiwei failed to qualify, she's +11 and T24.

>

> There's Yuka's fallback "worst case scenario" right into fruition... No more Georgia Bulldogs for 2020... (unless she gets injured of course -- but then again, that can happen to any player... she's a lock for at least the JLPGA at this rate with only 4 rounds in Q3 and her easily beating competition in rounds 1 and 2 - and she is extremely familiar with Japan, for obvious reasons - half ****, played in Japan so many times already, can speak the language etc etc etc)

Similar to Bianca Pagdanganon, Yuka has won her last two qualification tournaments.

She beat Weiwei Zhang, a quality player, by a whopping 15 strokes.

Still, golf is finicky, neither Bianca nor Yuka can take Stage II for granted.