COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Once again :D

I have ...

44' 9* L4V - HK-110 - PIMP !!!!!!!!!!!!

44' 9* L4V - Dia 103x - PIMP !!!!!!!!!!

44.5 9* L4V - TP-7X - PIMP !!!!!!!!!!!!

I bomb the shorter ones longer & further - MOST of the time

M7 best 2 45s are - Ion Blueboard 83X at 45 - Epic 68X at 45 (whish is REALLY GOOD !!!!!!!!)

DO NOT be afraid of sub-45 on this head :D

^^^now that is a true ho with all the toys :rolleyes:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Once again :D

I have ...

M7 best 2 45s are - Ion Blueboard 83X at 45 - Epic 68X at 45 (whish is REALLY GOOD !!!!!!!!)

DO NOT be afraid of sub-45 on this head :D

Can i have the shafts you aren't using? lol :rolleyes: I'll be getting my l4v f speed 9 degree as soon as i get to golf galaxy to trade in my superquad.

I should have taken some pics of my L4V with the Ion plated WB 63g in it. I could have tried that one shorter but didn't want to cut the shaft down before I tried it in the 5900. And now that I have, it's NOT coming out of that 5900. :rolleyes:

Now I might just get another Ion 63 WB and put it in the L4V at 44.5. Hmm...decisions, decisions...

I am getting very close to ordering an L4V X, however the whiteboard from the custom department does not come in a 63, only a 73. How heavy is this puppy going to be with the 73, any help would be appreciated guys thanks.

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I would not say that...the old Sumo WAS TRULY BAD. The L4V is a duller "thunk. If you hit it nearer the hosel, it more a higher pitch but hit it in the middle it's subdued. Hard to explain and would recommend anyone buying it to TRY IT FIRST...the sound takes a little while to get use to. It can be a major turn off for some.

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

Coming from a Tour Issue r7 Quad TP (with Hotmelt)...I find it loud, but nowhere near as bad as that Sumo, or for that matter some of Cobra's other offerings. I can live with it...no problem. I agree with SwingBlues...more of a "thunk". Make solid contact, and it isn't as bad as some would try to have you think.

I actually really like the sound and feel. I don't find it to be too loud or offensive in the least. Not sure the others in my foursome feel the same way thought! LOL :)

I think that both the sound and feel give me great feedback as compared to other drivers I've hit in the past. When you get into one...the ball just feels like it's exploding off the face!

RIDE

Coming from a Tour Issue r7 Quad TP (with Hotmelt)...I find it loud, but nowhere near as bad as that Sumo, or for that matter some of Cobra's other offerings. I can live with it...no problem. I agree with SwingBlues...more of a "thunk". Make solid contact, and it isn't as bad as some would try to have you think.

Thanks smp...I played at Simi Hills GC, Simi Hills, CA today and shot my best round - MANY THANKS to the L4V...this is so freaking long and allowed me to go for the pins with the shorter irons. It's a tight course in places but I was hitting it unreal today and yes, I did hook 2 shots and slice one but the Golf Gods were smiling at me today. Oh..sorted out the high flight...tee the ball a tad lower and don't come down steep on it...awesome FREAKING driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it and go pype, it's a no brainer!!!!

Is the sound of the L4V comparable to any other driver?

I have an F and it was LOUD to say the least. It sounded like I tipped my wife's china cabinet over every time I hit it. People at the range were looking at me with the WTF expression. Birds scattered from the trees when I mashed it. You can easily deaden the sound and can't dispute the performance of this thing though. The head is just deadly. Two thumbs up from me

Has anyone did a indepth test between the XLS Tour and L4VX? Most interested!!!

God Bless

Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

Thanks smp...I played at Simi Hills GC, Simi Hills, CA today and shot my best round - MANY THANKS to the L4V...this is so freaking long and allowed me to go for the pins with the shorter irons. It's a tight course in places but I was hitting it unreal today and yes, I did hook 2 shots and slice one but the Golf Gods were smiling at me today. Oh..sorted out the high flight...tee the ball a tad lower and don't come down steep on it...awesome FREAKING driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it and go pype, it's a no brainer!!!!

There you go golfing again Swing...stop it...JK. :black eye: Glad to here the PYPE is workin'. Man...I can't wait. Range session in order tomorrow afternoon for this boy. Weather's slowly starting to turn here. Longrange forecast look favorable...courses should start opening within 3 weeks here...I hope. Won't be long now anyways. :)

Edit: Forgot...Congrats on you round SwingBlues!!

Has anyone did a indepth test between the XLS Tour and L4VX? Most interested!!!

God Bless

Jer

I think ROBO might be able to shed some light on that.

i want an l4v x very badly. the set up is amazing , so much confidence. the problem for me is the stock shaft with the 9degrees of loft. i just could not load the shaft or get the ball into the air. since it only comes in 9degrees does anyone have any shaft reccomendations for a high launch low spin shaft? i currently play an r7425tp in 10.5 with a stock stiff shaft and i like its ball flight?

any suggestions appreciated.

would i be better off with a speed pro d/s?

i want an l4v x very badly. the set up is amazing , so much confidence. the problem for me is the stock shaft with the 9degrees of loft. i just could not load the shaft or get the ball into the air. since it only comes in 9degrees does anyone have any shaft reccomendations for a high launch low spin shaft? i currently play an r7425tp in 10.5 with a stock stiff shaft and i like its ball flight?

Go and playtest an F, should be much more suitable. I wish i had your problem, most are the opposite. The F in 10* with it's lighter shaft in a softer flex might be your ticket.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Once again

I have ...

DO NOT be afraid of sub-45 on this head wink.gif

Rob, is this the 103x BB? (just to be sure - I couldn't find a 103WB on their website)

What happened to the WB love? I see you reference two BBs.

Please tell me a story about the TP-7x. What makes it so great in the L4V? What is the difference between the TP-7x and the BBs (both 83 and 103, and 93 if you can) and the WB (83 i presume)?

To anyone:

I've heard about the cotton ball treatment to deaden the sound, but I can't find a post anywhere of anyone having added hotmelt to this head to deaden the sound?

If cotton balls add 6-10 grams of weight (to 215g), would the same (or even less) amount of hotmelt, have the same effect on deadening the sound?

trey

Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷  9.0*; Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 TX

TM Stealth+ 15*; Fujikura Ventus Black 7x 
Ping G425 19*; Aldila Rogue Black 95 TX
Srixon ZX7; OBAN CT 125 x
Callaway Jaws, raw - 50/12W; DG X100 TI black 
Vokey SM9, raw - 55/12; DG S400  TI black
Vokey SM9, raw - 60/08; DG S400 TI black
SC Phantom 5.5

DO NOT be afraid of sub-45 on this head :)

... Good News for you young studs. Ogilvy won the WGC at Doral using the new VooDoo shaft. So Aldila is finally releasing the VooDoo series, which is pretty much the XVS7 you used!!! IF it goes over well, and I have no doubt's it will be huge, Aldila will release the same technology in a VooDoo ProtoPype!!! I'll keep ya posted...

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Go and playtest an F, should be much more suitable. I wish i had your problem, most are the opposite. The F in 10* with it's lighter shaft in a softer flex might be your ticket.

i'll never hit the f i absolutely hate closed faces, and my swing is between 100-105mph. i am just looking for a high launch shaft.

i'll never hit the f i absolutely hate closed faces, and my swing is between 100-105mph. i am just looking for a high launch shaft.

No worries, but i haven't seen an F that is anything more closed than square yet, in many.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

M is closed

F is square to open

X is open

A reasonable high launch shaft is the Graff Pro Launch Blue.

M is closed

F is square to open

X is open

According to the Cobra Website the X is "Square face for neutral ball flight". Does anybody have actual measurements of the face angle on their X?

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

Once again

I have ...

DO NOT be afraid of sub-45 on this head wink.gif

Rob, is this the 103x BB? (just to be sure - I couldn't find a 103WB on their website)

What happened to the WB love? I see you reference two BBs.

Please tell me a story about the TP-7x. What makes it so great in the L4V? What is the difference between the TP-7x and the BBs (both 83 and 103, and 93 if you can) and the WB (83 i presume)?

To anyone:

I've heard about the cotton ball treatment to deaden the sound, but I can't find a post anywhere of anyone having added hotmelt to this head to deaden the sound?

If cotton balls add 6-10 grams of weight (to 215g), would the same (or even less) amount of hotmelt, have the same effect on deadening the sound?

trey

I generally abide by the rule of cotton for sound and hot melt for weight. IMO this head is too large and heavy for hot melt. For it to be effective the weight would be off the charts.

ASK and yee shall receive ... L4V / ION BB 83X :)

ion1.jpg

ion2.jpg

ion3.jpg

as far as the 103 ... Yeppers - Its a BB 103X

1031.jpg

1032.jpg

No loss of love for WB - I just found for my swing I wanted a little more spin and I THINK I actually prefer the "feel" of BB ... But I still love WB ... I carry the BB further and as a result I think I am getting a tad more release - I occasionally drop the WB out of the sky in windy conditions

TP-7X to the Diamana ... Kinda muted (for a lack of a btter word) - but I have ALWAYS liked it ... It just works for me ... I hit low spin bombs witt it - and I always try to have one laying around. I DO think it truly has the side spin reduction that it is touted for. I just like - The Diamanas all have the "kick" feeling to me ... The TP has that silky no kick feel ... The Diamana DO perform better for me (not miles better - but better) -I just like the feel of it ... That's all :black eye: