2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Shot Scope V3

I personally would not use in-round scoring on the watch anyway. I've had it on my Skycaddie for years and always disable the scoring at the start of each round. I do like to have a card on the go though and always mark in my score and # of putts and sometimes which club for the tee shot. That way, when I enter my hole by hole score for handicapping I have all the info I need. Plus when I review my round it is easy to compare and verify.

Thanks for explaining that, it's helpful to understand more about how it works. Since I walk primarily, I'm always looking for ways to minimize my "stuff", but I can continue to do some simple score tracking during the round.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Anyone have any movement on their shipment? Mine had been in the same status for 24 hours now. Not sure how good DHL is with providing tracking. Here is what it has said since I first got the tracking info yesterday about this time:EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Same, but I'm sure their distribution center is a madhouse right now.

Edit... Mine looks like it's moving now. At DHL facility now.

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Mine is now showing estimated delivery of June 16. Sheesh. Was hoping I'd have it this week based on Shot Scope timelines.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

Just received this email From ShotScope, which claims that the V3 is in stock and ships immediately. That's an interesting thing for them to say when it appears clear that's not the case.

74eb61fb-ce21-4406-b028-ce2b4a916bed.jpeg

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

First post here: some awesome info.. Thanks everyone.

I just ordered mine as well today. I REALLY WISH they would update the putting. 0-6ft and then 6-12ft.. Those are BIG distances. I would love to know 0-3ft 3-6ft, 6-10, etc.. They COULD do this right now with the data they have (I update every hole after I am done playing to get the most accurate data I can). I literally move every shot to where it really went hole by hole, round by round (yes I love data and I am willing to spend the 15 minutes after the round to do this.

Having just started playing a little over a year ago, how far I hit clubs is huge, but putting is a big deal as well as the short game so I literally enter every shot exactly as I wrote it down as I play. I just wish they would make the data on short game and putting more detailed.

As for the V3, do you know if the GPS is more accurate / precise? I hate not being able to zoom into the courses closer to move my ball precisely where I hit it. I often times leave a putt inside 1ft, but there is no way to do that currently so I deal with 1ft, but sometimes THAT is even hard to move the dot there.

Anyone have one yet and can update us?

Back in post #80 a comparison of V3 to V2 was posted. It shows a GPS accuracy of 30cm. If true, that is incredible! Typically, civilian grade GPS, unless using expensive, highly sophisticated devices tends to be quoted at 3-5 meters.

I'm still confused how this system works when you get to the green. Does the system recognize that first putt so it knows the distance you hit your approach or chip shot? Does it register the sensor for all putts or do you always manually input the number of putts? Is that just for scoring purposes or statistical purposes? Just a little confused on what happens on the green.

Here's how I think it works... It tracks the position of the first putt and subsequent putts, then when you use the pinseeker button it marks where the pin is, and how many putts there were. That's where a little of the magic happens, because I'm not sure how it differentiates a putt from just tapping the putter on the ground (smoothing down a repaired ball mark or sweeping away loose dirt, for instance).

It usually does a pretty good job, but I usually end up having to edit 1-2 holes at the end of the round. I've also gotten into the habit of doing non-putting stuff (sweeping dirt/leaves) with the putter in my non-watch hand to keep it from registering anything at that position.

• Like 1

I suggested this a year ago when I bought V2.  IF you update your putting for each hole after playing they should be able to get more detailed with the putting stats. IF I move my putt from 6ft to 2ft and I manually do it inside the dashboard there is no reason to NOT be able to update the stats to be more specific.  Hell you could even do it for every 1ft difference since I can manually move my putts in 1 ft increments.  

They said it wasn't possible because of the GPS in the V2, but it doesn't matter about the GPS if I manually make sure every putt is correct inside the dashboard.

Hopefully they are watching the threads!

Hey guys my first post and I can say my V3 has arrived. First impression the packaging is even upgraded. It is much slimmer and sleeker. An unexpected find, it has a proprietary charger. No longer a micro usb, Its like a clip which while it does look nice, I am more concerned if it get lost or damaged. I will be trying to order a back up one for my back to quick charge between rounds on the 36 kind of days and one for home.

• Like 1

Mine says out for delivery today! I was shocked because tracking showed it was in St Louis last night but apparently it wasn't getting updated. Got 36 Monday and 18 on Tuesday so I'll put it thru the ringer.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I ordered mine yesterday morning and got the shipping notice in the afternoon. I asked shotscope if the V2 tags could be used with V3 and they said yes but that they recommend swapping them out with the new tags which have been improved to offer a bit better accuracy. I don't know if I'm going to bother changing out the putter though since I had to hot glue it to the end of my weighted grip and I don't want to mess up the grip trying to peel the old one off. Can't wait to get the new watch but I'll have to wait a week to try it since I confessed to purchasing it to my wife and told her she could give it to me from the kids for Fathers day. I have about 60 round on my V2 and I can't imagine golfing without it. I have the top review on Amazon for the V2 and will have to go the the site next month to add a review for V3 in support of the awesome product. I don't know why anyone would ever want to use another company's watch after using a shotscope.

• Like 1

I believe the putter works the same as the other clubs for tracking the distance between putts but the selection of number of putts is to determine how many of those putts were actually from the green. So that if you used your putter 3 times on the hole but decided to putt from 20 feet off the green for the first use you would only select 2 for the number of putts which is the number of putts on the surface of the green. I believe this is so that your putting stats are more correct.

Mine arrived today. Love the size and weight so far. Fantastic improvements! I'm one of those small wrist guys so this should work much better than V2.

img-20200613-205258-01.jpg

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I think shot scope says just the opposite, to count the putt from off the green but it shows up in your short game stats:

"We do ask that you press the number button that corresponds to the amount of times you used your putter on that hole (on or off the green). For example, if your ball is on the fringe and you take one stroke with your putter, then take one stroke with your putter on the green to finish the hole this should be pressed as 2 putts. When you upload your round our software separates putts on the green in to your Putting stats and putts off the green in to Short Game to give you accurate data."

Thanks, I stand corrected. I guess I must have missed that on the website. I don't usually use my putter off of the putting surface based on the types of courses that I play at there is not usually much advantage to doing so. I've often wondered whether or not I should be counting putts from the curtain or just off the green in my putt count and have probably been doing it wrong. Either way I have not seen much of an issue with needed corrections when I go back and check the round on the computer. I guess the tracker is smarter than I am.

Using the putter from off the green is considered a chip even though the putter was used. Officially, putts are only counted once a stroke starts from on the green. Even if you hit a great shot and tap in with a wedge, that is still a putt. However, if you putt the ball off the green and even if you use a different club coming back, each stroke after the first putt from on the green counts as a putt. I don't know how shot trackers like Shot Scope or others account for that.

Pre-ordered the v3 and just got it. Will be back once I play wit it, but from a look, weight, dimensions perspective. So much better than tbe bulkier v2 that I snapped the band off of when putting my bag back on my back.

Driver - Epic MAX LS 9* down to 8* - HZRDUS Smoke Green "Hulk" 60TX

3W - GBB Epic SZ 15* - Diamana D+ 70X

2i/3i - Mizuno HMB - KBS $ Taper 130X

4i-PW - Mizuno MP15 - KBS CTaper 130X
50/56/60 - TM Hi Toe

Putter - David Whitlam Gauge Designs 10th Ani

Played 36 today. Very impressed with the battery life as I had 33% left after a round of 3:30 and a round of 3:50. Size and shape of this one makes it much more reasonable for my smaller wrists. Putting accuracy was a little off but I think I need to take a touch more time before tapping in or something. So far very happy with the watch and like it a lot more than I did the V2.

Callaway Paradym 9*

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Titleist ProV1X

I ordered one and the only email I received is confirmation of the order. I can't see anywhere on their website to track the status so I'm guessing I just need to wait to hear from them. I concur with @Philomathesq - why say ships immediately when it doesn't? I still would have bought it but wouldn't be like Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) anxiously awaiting a propeller beanie hat in the mail.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs