Nike Footwear 2020 (NO BUY/SELL/TRADE POSTS)

14 minutes ago, Rfern12 said:

Pretty cool touch to the victory tour is the multi color spikes on the bottom. Half black half white/silver

Ok I’ve already decided just one shoe for me, please don’t talk me into another pair. I have never worn the Victory Tour and rarely see comments on their comfort or performance walking 18. 

Edited by JMH1220

26 minutes ago, JMH1220 said:

Ok I’ve already decided just one shoe for me, please don’t talk me into another pair. I have never worn the Victory Tour and rarely see comments on their comfort or performance walking 18. 

I have the white pair, last year's Bethpage pair, the Seamus special pair and they all are super comfortable. I'm looking to secure more Victory Tours

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Deebo76 said:

I have the white pair, last year's Bethpage pair, the Seamus special pair and they all are super comfortable. I'm looking to secure more Victory Tours

Damn I love the looks of the VT’s. Why do they fly under the radar? At least rarely discussed in here. 

Edited by JMH1220

These were supposed to be for The Open, right? They also had a belt to go with it that was sold by a shop earlier this week in the clothing thread.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

2 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

These were supposed to be for The Open, right? They also had a belt to go with it that was sold by a shop earlier this week in the clothing thread.

I believe that's correct yes. Why they would release them this week is beyond me though. Seems they'd want their masters shoes getting the shine. Although the weather forecast for augusta seems to point in the direction of corduroy shoes not being the smartest move this week..

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, bostonbrahmin said:

I believe that's correct yes. Why they would release them this week is beyond me though. Seems they'd want their masters shoes getting the shine. Although the weather forecast for augusta seems to point in the direction of corduroy shoes not being the smartest move this week..

Exactly!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warrick said:

Those designs were shredded on IG, not good feedback, looked like about 1 in 15 had any interest.

I love it. It's sick!

One of the few colorways/Nike shoes I would actually pay over $40 for...

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

12 hours ago, JMH1220 said:

The VTs fit me so weird. I think it is because I am use to the higher support of the Zits and 270s on the ankle. But they just feel odd to walk in. Loose feeling but no room for me feet to go. I know that doesn't make sense, they just feel weird. 

53 minutes ago, StillCantPutt said:

Brooks entire clothing script looks like it aligns with The Open shoes, not the Rather than Lucky colors. Weird how they pivoted after releasing them with the pretense of Masters shoes/colors. 

Yup, I noticed his clothing bag had the exact pattern as The Open. This release is 10X better than the Masters. 

1 hour ago, StillCantPutt said:

Brooks entire clothing script looks like it aligns with The Open shoes, not the Rather than Lucky colors. Weird how they pivoted after releasing them with the pretense of Masters shoes/colors. 

It's bizarre. Really looks like Nike just decided to throw both collections out now and trust that people will buy them (cause they will). They've kind of abandoned any back story behind their major releases anyways so it sort of works.

8 minutes ago, bostonbrahmin said:

It's bizarre. Really looks like Nike just decided to throw both collections out now and trust that people will buy them (cause they will). They've kind of abandoned any back story behind their major releases anyways so it sort of works.

Haha. That is true. The pga release was marketed for the pga and made sense with San Fran. But you are right, I don’t think I’ve seen anything from Nike that links these releases to the Masters of British Open. Only articles from others link to the majors. I actually just read something that linked the fearless together to the masters. 

3 hours ago, jvlehigh said:

Haha. That is true. The pga release was marketed for the pga and made sense with San Fran. But you are right, I don’t think I’ve seen anything from Nike that links these releases to the Masters of British Open. Only articles from others link to the majors. I actually just read something that linked the fearless together to the masters. 

The shirts and or hats had a story dating back to WWI for the British open release.   I couldn't tell you how they tie together though.

Screenshot_20201110-122728_Nike.jpg

Edited by JRS1939

28 minutes ago, JRS1939 said:

The shirts and or hats had a story dating back to WWI for the British open release.   I couldn't tell you how they tie together though.

Screenshot_20201110-122728_Nike.jpg

My guess is NIKE was trying to to tie into the south of England's/particularly Kent's (where Royal St. George's is) history in the World Wars, particularly WWI.

http://kentww1.com/ramsgate/

The Ramsgate/Margate area is just north of Royal St. George's, and it is considered the most bombed area of WWI. It was also an active naval and fishing town, and it seems like they were using the dazzle camouflage motif throughout the pack as a tie in to the naval history of the area. I suspect the "Fearless Together" may have been a nod to the use of the area as a staging ground for the Dunkirk rescue? or it is just advert buzzwords, take your pick. 

35 minutes ago, LongStaff said:

So was the lucky pack for the British open and the fearless pack for the Masters? The color ways make it seem that’s the case. 

The Lucky pack was for the Masters I am pretty sure. It aligns with the "Charms" pack that was released back in April soon after the Masters was postponed. The Fearless Pack was for the cancelled Open Championship at Royal St. George's. My guess is they just released them both this week as this is the the last opportunity to push NRG products for the year.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, Warrick said:

Just throwing out new colors non stop, but could not bring out the blue/gray

If nothing, I admire your passion for the grey/blues.  #4 poster in a 4,000 post thread, with every single submission about not getting the grey/blue.  Maybe someday...

Nike_Footwear_2020__NO_BUY_SELL_TRADE_POSTS__-_Page_138_-_Golf_Style_and_Accessories_-_GolfWRX.jpg

28 minutes ago, BCplayer50 said:

The Lucky pack was for the Masters I am pretty sure. It aligns with the "Charms" pack that was released back in April soon after the Masters was postponed. The Fearless Pack was for the cancelled Open Championship at Royal St. George's. My guess is they just released them both this week as this is the the last opportunity to push NRG products for the year.

THIS. Seeing at how nearly every 270 and ZIT has sold out this year and the massive sales of all golf stuff during the pandemic, they don't need much marketing/viral sizzle. So they're using the buzz of the Masters to clear out inventory while there's still interest in golf before winter. They've basically stopped marketing at all this year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bsoudi said:

If nothing, I admire your passion for the grey/blues.  #4 poster in a 4,000 post thread, with every single submission about not getting the grey/blue.  Maybe someday...

Nike_Footwear_2020__NO_BUY_SELL_TRADE_POSTS__-_Page_138_-_Golf_Style_and_Accessories_-_GolfWRX.jpg

I have been told that before when they stopped making slim fit pants in 28-29 waist size.

i honestly wish I had more good things to say. I still wear most all Nike on course with a few exceptions, but just because I stocked up big time on a few items back a few years.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x