2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Biggest Driving Range Annoyances

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Croadie24' post='826056' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:18 PM']Not really associated with driving ranges but more practice greens.

Irresponsible parents are my biggest annoyance. Those who let there kids run amok on a practice green yelling and screaming and generally annoying the ^%& out of me. To makes matters worse, when i was on the practice green today the father told me to "relax its just a game and your not very good anyway" when i asked him to control his children and stop them from hitting my balls that were around the hole that i am putting at.

Firstly, i am not that good (26 Handicap) but when i hit the practice green, which is generally several times a week I like to see how many i can 2 putt, i figure i gotta learn to consistently 2 putt before i can 1 putt.

GRRRRR i hate irresponsible parents.[/quote]

2 things happen on the practice green I use that drive me nuts........

1. People with these bluetooth devices glued to the side of their head like they are cyborgs, having all types of business and personal conversations while they putt.

2. People who randomly walk across the middle of the practice green on their way to the range, the parking lot, to get a drink, sometimes with their entire bag over their shoulder. I realize it's just a practice green but c'mon.

And one thing I like on the practice green.....nice looking young ladies or well kept middle age women!

AG

The other day I went to the local dome, and up come two oriental males, and I was like ok, just he average golfer until they started talking in their native tongue very very loudly, then he pulls out his sumo, and you know what that sounds like, although he was topping it, it still sounded like he he just hit it 300 yards. Once they left, a group of 3 kids (14-15) come in and start hacking away, and start to yell out "I'm tiger woods" and stuff like that. Although I'm 16, I just buy my bucket, and mind my own business, and focus on my own game.............

I dont want to go to the range anymore due to some people that think they own the place..............

1. Lurkers: Guys who have nothing better to do then stand behind you at the range and stare at your swing or what's in your bag.

2. Guys who come up and take a club out of your bag without asking or the old fart who comes and taps your driver head with his 40 year old iron and says "That's a fancy club you got their sonny". (Not like that has ever happened to me, cough cough)

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='arbitrage' post='826419' date='Dec 16 2007, 08:31 AM']1. Lurkers: Guys who have nothing better to do then stand behind you at the range and stare at your swing or what's in your bag.

2. Guys who come up and take a club out of your bag without asking or the old fart who comes and taps your driver head with his 40 year old iron and says "That's a fancy club you got their sonny". (Not like that has ever happened to me, cough cough)[/quote]

Nice to see you on over here arbitrage, I'm the same way with #2. I don't mind people looking at my equipment (who doesn't look at other peoples bags), but the people that just come up and pull a club out, they are the ones that bother me. If someone sees my bad and asks me if they can see the club real quick, I don't mind, I'll let them look at it, but the people that just pull stuff out really bother me.

[quote name='jtitleist12' post='823721' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:46 PM']The most annoying for me is un-warranted swing advice. There is a gentleman at my local course who is there almost every-day only hitting balls. He never plays, just pounds ball after ball. He must think he is the resident swing guru because he will give advice and ask you questions like, "What were you trying to do there?", or "You had the club layed off a little at the top..." etc, etc. without you even asking.[/quote]

Few years ago I had a teacher at a local range come up to me after watching me hit a few big cuts to offer unsolicited advise. The problem is, I was TRYING to hit a big cut, and was striping them near-perfectly.

[quote name='MR MIZUN0' post='826398' date='Dec 16 2007, 11:06 AM']The other day I went to the local dome, and up come two oriental males, and I was like ok, just he average golfer until they started talking in their native tongue very very loudly, then he pulls out his sumo, and you know what that sounds like, although he was topping it, it still sounded like he he just hit it 300 yards.[/quote]

I don't get it. You're pissed that you couldn't understand what they were saying, or that they were saying it loudly?

I'd rather have people next to me talking in a language I don't understand if they're going to be loud. Just comes in as white noise.

Huh, I must be lucky, nothing really annoys me while I'm on the range. I just hit my balls and chainsmoke while occasionally yelling F***ing Wh***!! when I hit a bad shot. Usually I end up getting a phone call and that'll calm me down, along with lighting another smoke. Sometimes my girlfriend comes and I like to show off. I tell her what shot I'm going to hit and how I'm going to hit it, she seems to like it. I don't mind sharing my swing knowledge for free with a struggling golfer either. :D:)

Guys talking to each other about everything since they had seen each other last time like a year ago; loud and annoying; totally disgrard of others trying to hit golf balls and working on that 20 yard draw.
Why wouldn't they exit the practice area to talk,since it's going to be like 20 minutes?

I could not stand anyone walk over the line to retrieve "their" golf balls, because they topped it and just want to hit it right again. It's disregard to the range safety rule and frankly, my insurance does not cover golf range accidents. Especially those that took their time flipping the balls back with their wedge one at the time.

Wow....alot of people with rabbit ears out here. When is it ok to talk or BS at the range??? Did not know that it needed to be a sanctuary out there.

I would love for someone to call me out for talking on a cell phone or talking loudly to my buddies at the range.....that would be a classic one.

Uptight range guy: "Hey would you mind keeping it down, I am trying to concentrate?"
Me: You know this is a driving range, let alone a public one?
UTRG: Yeah but I cannot concentrate with you talking.
Me: Well maybe you should come at a less busy time or move to a less crowded area.
UTRG: Well this is my spot and it is my right to have peace and quiet in my 6x6 space here at a 100 spot range.
Me: Well let me see if I can get the rest of the 30 people that are within ear shot to quiet down, if I can do that then I will remain mouse like so you can concentrate on your shank some more.
UTRG: So now I see that you are being an a** and sarcastic
ME: You are damn straight....this is a driving range for christs sake, not a mortuary. There are no rules about being quiet here....
UTRG: Well that is common place in the game of golf, it is called respect of the game.
ME: Oh right...bobby jones mentioned that at the driving range you should show your fellow competitor respect by being hush hush.
UTRG: Ok you are misinterpreting what I am saying
Me: No actually I am not.....you are saying that you need a sanctuary here to practice, no talk, total quiet, and none of the disturbances that are against etiquette on the golf course...
UTRG: Exactly....should be like the same...I am trying to practice here and need some respect from you.
Me: If you want that respect, go to the golf course....there are no rules at the driving range...it is a place to practice. If you don't like it....say something and back up your point with some substantial evidence...otherwise quit being a baby and learn to hit some shots outside of total silence.

Sorry if that was a rant...but being in the industry for 15 years I have seen so may complaints and whatnot on the range about etiquette. It is the driving range...if you can't deal with what is going on around you....call someone out or move. It is that simple. If you are trying to get a serious practice session in....go early or late when there are less people.....if you cannot.....suffer the consequences. There are no etiquette rules on the range that I am aware of....have some fun and deal with it. If it is that bad....go somewhere else, or at a different time.

In a private arena it might be different...but it is really tough to enforce code of conduct at a public range...nearly impossible. Good luck though.....hope that you can get the ultra quiet golf course like environment that you are looking for.
IMO DG

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

Your mock coversation is really funny, but there are rules at the driving range in my area now.
No Smoking, No Cellular Phone ( why do you think you could yak aloud if cell phone is not allowed?) ,
Driving Range employee reserve the right to serve anyone.
If I were at a sports bar or a restaurant, yes I won't mind the people chatting around loudly.
Driving range is not a surgery room but certain level of respect for others to use the facility is kind of no brainer?
I won't argue with anyone that don't respect others' right at the driving range, I'd let the range employees deal with it.

[quote name='DRGJR72' post='827352' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:32 AM']Wow....alot of people with rabbit ears out here. When is it ok to talk or BS at the range??? Did not know that it needed to be a sanctuary out there.

I would love for someone to call me out for talking on a cell phone or talking loudly to my buddies at the range.....that would be a classic one.

Uptight range guy: "Hey would you mind keeping it down, I am trying to concentrate?"
Me: Well maybe you should come at a less busy time or move to a less crowded area.
UTRG: Well this is my spot and it is my right to have peace and quiet in my 6x6 space here at a 100 spot range.
Me: Well let me see if I can get the rest of the 30 people that are within ear shot to quiet down, if I can do that then I will remain mouse like so you can concentrate on your shank some more.
ME: You are damn straight....this is a driving range for christs sake, not a mortuary. There are no rules about being quiet here....
UTRG: Well that is common place in the game of golf, it is called respect of the game.
ME: Oh right...bobby jones mentioned that at the driving range you should show your fellow competitor respect by being hush hush.
Me: No actually I am not.....you are saying that you need a sanctuary here to practice, no talk, total quiet, and none of the disturbances that are against etiquette on the golf course...
UTRG: Exactly....should be like the same...I am trying to practice here and need some respect from you.
Me: If you want that respect, go to the golf course....there are no rules at the driving range...it is a place to practice. If you don't like it....say something and back up your point with some substantial evidence...otherwise quit being a baby and learn to hit some shots outside of total silence.

Sorry if that was a rant...but being in the industry for 15 years I have seen so may complaints and whatnot on the range about etiquette. It is the driving range...if you can't deal with what is going on around you....call someone out or move. It is that simple. If you are trying to get a serious practice session in....go early or late when there are less people.....if you cannot.....suffer the consequences. There are no etiquette rules on the range that I am aware of....have some fun and deal with it. If it is that bad....go somewhere else, or at a different time.

In a private arena it might be different...but it is really tough to enforce code of conduct at a public range...nearly impossible. Good luck though.....hope that you can get the ultra quiet golf course like environment that you are looking for.
IMO DG[/quote]

[quote name='DRGJR72' post='827352' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:32 AM']Wow....alot of people with rabbit ears out here. When is it ok to talk or BS at the range??? Did not know that it needed to be a sanctuary out there.

IMO DG[/quote]

This is exactly the problem. These people who can't be bothered to take their cell phone conversations somewhere private. It's not about being uptight, we just don't want to listen to your inane cell phone banter. We're just not impressed by it.

And then he says to come back at a different time if we don't like it. So now we're supposed to schedule our range time around your phone calls? Unbelievable that someone could have that much self-importance.

It doesn't matter if you're at the driving range, at a restaurant, or in a supermarket. There is nothing more annoying than being forced to listen to someone scream into their cell phone.

[quote name='krustyburger' post='827555' date='Dec 17 2007, 06:51 AM'][quote name='DRGJR72' post='827352' date='Dec 17 2007, 01:32 AM']Wow....alot of people with rabbit ears out here. When is it ok to talk or BS at the range??? Did not know that it needed to be a sanctuary out there.

IMO DG[/quote]

[i]This is exactly the problem. These people who can't be bothered to take their cell phone conversations somewhere private. It's not about being uptight, we just don't want to listen to your inane cell phone banter. We're just not impressed by it.

And then he says to come back at a different time if we don't like it. So now we're supposed to schedule our range time around your phone calls? Unbelievable that someone could have that much self-importance.

It doesn't matter if you're at the driving range, at a restaurant, or in a supermarket. There is nothing more annoying than being forced to listen to someone scream into their cell phone.
[/quote]
[/i]

I did not know that we needed to take a cell phone conversation to a private place at the range? So are you insinuating that you take every cell phone call you have to a private location? That is quite hard to do. I don't scream into my cell phone, either....I would rather not anyone know my business....It was more the point. If someone chooses to talk on a cell phone too loudly or be to rude for your liking, say something or move. Some people don't understand they are talking to loud or being rude.

Actually being a former professional, I know what the proper etiquette is on the golf course and range, I was more defending people that are there to hang out with their friends or chat it up a little bit, and have some fun. Like WKUO said there are places now that are instituting rules and if that is their wish to have a cell phone free zone, I am all for it....it is their business and they can do what they want. Maybe you can approach management at your local range to see if they too can institute that policy.

Also I was not suggesting you arrange your range time around my cell phone schedule. I am not that powerful. I was merely stating that if you want quiet time to get in a good practice session there are things that you can do to accomplish that, such as go when it is less busy, go to the ends of the range where no one will bother you, etc. If you opt to go during prime times, it is going to be crowded and more apt to have a busier environment and generally be louder.

The driving range is an area for practice. It is not the golf course. I feel that you should be able to talk with your buddies, but not to the point that you are being rude. You should be able to talk on your cell if you want, but I do agree with you that people that talk to loudly can be irritating. I cannot tell you how many times I had members complain to me about the range, and practicing and all of that. I really don't know what the solution is.....I guess just go and enjoy yourself as much as possible. Also it is good place to work on blocking out distractions.....it will help your game....

DG

[quote name='phatchrisrules' post='825991' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:23 PM'][b]The Purist is also an annoyance[/b]. The guy with the brand new blades, new fairway woods and driver etc. Usually all Titleist as well. Then they don't hit it marginally better than an average 12 handicap. They walk away happy as a pig in dirt. Good job buddy, go join the Tour.[/quote]

I TAKE SERIOUS OFFENSE TO THIS! Titleist FTW!

[quote name='nickylizzle' post='827712' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:37 PM'][quote name='phatchrisrules' post='825991' date='Dec 15 2007, 10:23 PM'][b]The Purist is also an annoyance[/b]. The guy with the brand new blades, new fairway woods and driver etc. Usually all Titleist as well. Then they don't hit it marginally better than an average 12 handicap. They walk away happy as a pig in dirt. Good job buddy, go join the Tour.[/quote]

I TAKE SERIOUS OFFENSE TO THIS! Titleist FTW!
[/quote]

Come on man, lighten up! It was just a joke. I could really care less what clubs you have, I was just using Titleist as an example, it could be all Walter Hagan for all I care. I was just stating that some people like to buy the most expensive looking hardest to hit clubs when their swings can't break an egg, myself included. So if my post offended you I am truly sorry for using some sort of sarcastic humour that may have offended anybody. Sorry.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I go to the farthest end of the range as possible, put my headphones on and turn on the iPod and ignore everyone. Even if I hear someone ask me a question or say somehting to me I pretend I don't hear them. That is the only hour I have probably that week to go work on my game......If I want to talk to someone i will bring a friend/wife/dog.

Dogs are great practice ground companions.

They never offer unsolicited advice, usually bolster your practice ball tally by half a dozen or so within a few minutes of ferreting around in the gorse bushes, and have that wonderful look of 'wow! look at that!' whenever you hit a stinger with a 3 iron that stays low enough for them to follow in-flight... My girlfriend has watched me hit balls twice I think - and was distinctly unimpressed on both occasions as I recall.

If I can just train mine to collect all the balls and drop them into the practice bag without teethmarks, I'll have it made...

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

They never offer unsolicited advice, usually bolster your practice ball tally by half a dozen or so within a few minutes of ferreting around in the gorse bushes, and have that wonderful look of 'wow! look at that!' whenever you hit a stinger with a 3 iron that stays low enough for them to follow in-flight... My girlfriend has watched me hit balls twice I think - and was distinctly unimpressed on both occasions as I recall.

If I can just train mine to collect all the balls and drop them into the practice bag without teethmarks, I'll have it made...

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

They never offer unsolicited advice, usually bolster your practice ball tally by half a dozen or so within a few minutes of ferreting around in the gorse bushes, and have that wonderful look of 'wow! look at that!' whenever you hit a stinger with a 3 iron that stays low enough for them to follow in-flight... My girlfriend has watched me hit balls twice I think - and was distinctly unimpressed on both occasions as I recall. Apart from hitting 50 yard bunker shots that spun back... That was 'fancy.'

Dogs, I mean. Not girlfriend.

[quote name='DRGJR72' post='827658' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:47 AM']The driving range is an area for practice.
DG[/quote]
Exactly...I don't have a problem with courteous use of cell phones or discreet conversation, but if you really feel the need to yuck it up with your friends, take it to the bar. I've never been on a range when a tour pro was working, but I doubt there's a lot of boisterous, distracting gab going on.

[quote name='DRGJR72' post='827658' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:47 AM']I was merely stating that if you want quiet time to get in a good practice session there are things that you can do to accomplish that, such as go when it is less busy, go to the ends of the range where no one will bother you, etc. If you opt to go during prime times, it is going to be crowded and more apt to have a busier environment and generally be louder.[/quote]
As far as this goes...we're kinda getting back to the "don't expect me to be accommodating in the least" attitude that many--not necessarily you--seem to have these days.

Obviously a driving range isn't a church, but what exactly is wrong with courtesy and respect for your fellow golfers? Isn't that one of the foundations golf is built on?

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

[quote name='stryper' post='827862' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:37 AM'][quote name='DRGJR72' post='827658' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:47 AM']The driving range is an area for practice.
DG[/quote]
Exactly...I don't have a problem with courteous use of cell phones or discreet conversation, but if you really feel the need to yuck it up with your friends, take it to the bar. I've never been on a range when a tour pro was working, but I doubt there's a lot of boisterous, distracting gab going on.

[quote name='DRGJR72' post='827658' date='Dec 17 2007, 11:47 AM']I was merely stating that if you want quiet time to get in a good practice session there are things that you can do to accomplish that, such as go when it is less busy, go to the ends of the range where no one will bother you, etc. If you opt to go during prime times, it is going to be crowded and more apt to have a busier environment and generally be louder.[/quote]
As far as this goes...we're kinda getting back to the "don't expect me to be accommodating in the least" attitude that many--not necessarily you--seem to have these days.

Obviously a driving range isn't a church, but what exactly is wrong with courtesy and respect for your fellow golfers? Isn't that one of the foundations golf is built on?
[/quote]

I have been to the range at TPC Sawgrass when Vijay, Lickliter and some of the others have been there. It is actually different depending on the guy. I also played in a tour event and there was a lot of talking on the driving range and putting green, and when I was working in South Florida I played and knew a lot of guys that played mini tour stuff, and they were always chatting it up on the range....so maybe that is where I am coming from. I am used to the range being a social scene, and if I really needed to get a practice session in, I either went to the end of the range or threw on my headphones and zoned out.

As far as not being "accommodating in the least"....that is a tough one. I mean there are some guys that give you the death stare if you make a peep.....I am sorry but those guys kill me. If you need to concentrate that hard on the range, you need to lighten up, IMO. I do agree that there is a happy medium....I was just stating my point that I don't consider the range to be a place of quiet, like the golf course is, and when people get fired up about the little silly things (especially on the driving range) I find it rather humorous. Lighten up Francis.....it is not the end of the world. If someone is bothering me that badly, I will say something or I pick up my bucket of balls and move away to another less bothersome area. There are much more important things to me than to be arguing with some guy at a driving range about talking to much, talking on my cell phone, or whatever seems to be bothering him.

I have tremendous courtesy and respect for most golfers. I return the respect that is given. That is as simple as I can put it. If someone is polite to me, I am more apt to be as polite back. Being a pro for 15 years of my life, I have given more than I care to share to this game, fostering and growing it, so I do understand where you are coming from. I just tend to have a different view of it, being on the other side of the counter for many years. After hearing a guy complain and complain about the range or this or that, you tend to get a little less flexible when it comes to complaints of golfers (especially noise on the driving range).

DG

Many good points here, but at the end of the day i'd have to agree with DRGJR72

Altho there is no reason to broadcast you're private calls, i really dont see how some of you even bother going outside..
If you have sooo infinately big problems consntrating just becase someone looks at you, or even , god forbid, have a laugh and enjoy themselves at the driving range, i suggest playig chess at the libary.. This is just redicules..
And to the one that wished he could pour gas on smokers... This is truly a reflection of youre mental age.
You should really get you're health check-ups before you all of a sudden find youreslef in a church tower with 2 rifles, getting back at society "the American way" (No pun intended)

I agree on the roaming kids.. not because it annoys me, but hurting one of them inadvertantly would be a disaster.

What i REALLY hate about the driving range, is the guys that think they are the sh*t, and demand total silence for their oh so perfectly imitated tiger swing. Thinking they are just about as good as the pros.
Smoking interfere with their game,and all the other bull*hit.
Get over yourselves.. you're not pro, there is no money riding on you're next shot, you dont have an audience, and if you are that bothered by a little niose, i suggest you go to the least visited range in you're area. Bring you're prescious V1 PRO balls, and imagine all you want..

The range is a public place, and should be treated as such. Noone should be screaming in ther phones, and noone should demand total silence. Mutual respect is the word here.

And even tho some of you claim that the guy making noise is the one showing NO respect whatso ever, look into you're own minds. Did you maybe think something along the lines of "this frigging no good hacking world class shanker should get off the range", because he is just standing there talking on his cell,,while sucking down 20 an hour.. Then you are not showing him respect either..

I'll go to the range with friends, have a smoke in between buckets, have a laugh, having a chat with my mates (obviously in a respectful volume). And all in all enjoying my self

And in the end if you need total silence i suggest earplugs. Because even nature make sounds..

In the words of the great Allen Iverson, "Practice? You talking about practice. Pracitce? Not a game, but practice." Okay, with that said;

1. The swing advice guy kills me. I shoot in the low 90s trying to get in the 80s. I've been playing for 21/2 years now. I take lessons. Things are going well. Why is this dude that's hitting "fades" into the surrounding neigborhood telling me my tmpo is quick?

2. These young kids that grab the demo clubs and think they are Happy Gilmore

3. Left handers right next to me. Sorry all the leftys.

4. Cell phone guy.

5. Guy with the girlfirend sitting behind him or he is trying to teach her how to swing.

6. Old guys on the practice green with a beach chair. Yes it happens. This one green I go to, these old men just sit there all day with 200 balls on the green and a beach chair.

I have finally found a good range, but its 40 mins away and they don't have heated tees in the winter. So, I'll have to go back to the range/putt putt/battingcage mega plex.

[quote name='hektor' post='828740' date='Dec 18 2007, 05:29 AM']Many good points here, but at the end of the day i'd have to agree with DRGJR72

Altho there is no reason to broadcast you're private calls, i really dont see how some of you even bother going outside..
If you have sooo infinately big problems consntrating just becase someone looks at you, or even , god forbid, have a laugh and enjoy themselves at the driving range, i suggest playig chess at the libary.. This is just redicules..
And to the one that wished he could pour gas on smokers... This is truly a reflection of youre mental age.
You should really get you're health check-ups before you all of a sudden find youreslef in a church tower with 2 rifles, getting back at society "the American way" (No pun intended)

I agree on the roaming kids.. not because it annoys me, but hurting one of them inadvertantly would be a disaster.

What i REALLY hate about the driving range, is the guys that think they are the sh*t, and demand total silence for their oh so perfectly imitated tiger swing. Thinking they are just about as good as the pros.
Smoking interfere with their game,and all the other bull*hit.
Get over yourselves.. you're not pro, there is no money riding on you're next shot, you dont have an audience, and if you are that bothered by a little niose, i suggest you go to the least visited range in you're area. Bring you're prescious V1 PRO balls, and imagine all you want..

The range is a public place, and should be treated as such. Noone should be screaming in ther phones, and noone should demand total silence. Mutual respect is the word here.

And even tho some of you claim that the guy making noise is the one showing NO respect whatso ever, look into you're own minds. Did you maybe think something along the lines of "this frigging no good hacking world class shanker should get off the range", because he is just standing there talking on his cell,,while sucking down 20 an hour.. Then you are not showing him respect either..

I'll go to the range with friends, have a smoke in between buckets, have a laugh, having a chat with my mates (obviously in a respectful volume). And all in all enjoying my self

And in the end if you need total silence i suggest earplugs. Because even nature make sounds..[/quote]

Where in this post did anyone say they needed total silence at the driving range? You guys are completely making this up. What annoys people are the clowns who feel the need to broadcast their cell phone conversations so everyone can hear. We don't want to hear it, we're not impressed that you have a cell phone, we all have one. Somehow I'm able to leave my phone in the car, and the world hasn't ended.

And DRG has pretty much stated that he will be as annoying as he can until someone asks him to stop. That is the ultimate in self-absorption. How about you just be considerate instead? Why should it ever reach the point where someone has to tell you to take your cell phone conversation elsewhere? Or I'm supposed to come at a different time, or move to a different spot. Again, the whole world is supposed to revolve around DRG.

No one is complaining about normal noise at the range. I don't care if people are talking and having a good time. I don't even care if kids are running around as long as they stay behind the yellow line. But no one wants to hear you yelling into your phone about how wasted you got last night, or talking baby talk to your kids. Just take it somewhere else.

[quote name='j0npeterson' post='823986' date='Dec 14 2007, 03:18 AM'][quote name='tburchell' post='823903' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:05 PM']The unattended kids thing is one for sure. But the other thing that gets me is the people smoking right next to the stalls. I know I'm touching a nerve with some people, but I don't like trying to hit balls in a smoke cloud/trail. Everything else I just tend to block out.[/quote]

[quote name='juansky' post='823918' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:29 PM']I hate smokers, especially the ones that just sit on their a** and watch others while we inhale their crap. Wish I could squirt them with gasoline.[/quote]
Insanely frustrating! This doesn't stop at the driving range though. Good luck telling someone to go smoke elsewhere -- even though they're doing more harm to others than themselves. If I ever get to a position of judicial power, cigarettes are the first things to go.
[/quote]

Juansky. Your post is the pinnacle of ignorance. It absolutely doesn't get any dumber. I would pay money to watch you try to squirt me with gasoline.

It kills me that some of you people are so bothered by people smoking outside. I recently quit smoking, and I have been on both sides of that. What is so harmful to you about someone smoking OUTSIDE? I can understand not wanting to be indoors with a bunch of people smoking, but we are talking about outdoors.

If you actually think that smokers are doing more harm to others than themselves you should be exterminated so that you cannot procreate and pollute the gene pool with your ignorant, intolerant offspring.

[quote name='krustyburger' post='828840' date='Dec 18 2007, 06:19 AM'][quote name='hektor' post='828740' date='Dec 18 2007, 05:29 AM']Many good points here, but at the end of the day i'd have to agree with DRGJR72[/quote]

And DRG has pretty much stated that he will be as annoying as he can until someone asks him to stop. That is the ultimate in self-absorption. How about you just be considerate instead? Why should it ever reach the point where someone has to tell you to take your cell phone conversation elsewhere? Or I'm supposed to come at a different time, or move to a different spot. Again, the whole world is supposed to revolve around DRG.

[/quote]

Just so you know I don't go to the range with the intention of being annoying, actually quite the contrary....as I have mentioned in several of my later posts (in case you did not read them, you might want to). I don't need to act a fool at the driving range, as I am not bothered by much. I don't need ultra quiet, don't care if someone is on their cell, and enjoy people chatting it up and having fun. Isn't that what part of golf is? Having some fun??? Cell phones are a tough deal....no matter how you slice it. Some people talk to loud unintentionally, and some do it to hear themself speak. Don't know what the best course of action is.

Just because you read one post that was more in defense of people that don't go to the range to be the super up tight practice guy, that hears a peep and then goes off or allows it to ruin their practice. And the world hardly revolves around me, as much as I would like it, as that would mean that I was somewhat important. I know my place in this world.

Sorry if my sarcasm and differing point of view on this matter led you to believe that I am self absorbed, arrogant, and annoying. I actually take offense to that as being a former PGA professional for 15 years I have dedicated myself ang a good portion of my 35 years to the protection, well being, and growth of this game. I was merely playing the devil's advocate for people that go to the range to have some fun.

DG